/QTDDTOT/

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

>also my question:
i`m having trouble gaining chest, if i do 3 chest days per week like (chest/bicep-legs/shoulders-chest/bicep-tricep/back-chest/bicep) will i have positive gains or negative gains due to overtraining?

ty in advance

>i have trouble gaining chest
post memetine

high sodium, bad or neutral?

i-is planet fitness really that bad? I'm cutting now (started 6'3-285lbs july9th, 270 now), and I've been going walking to planet fitness, working out for maybe 30mins and then walking back. it's about a 40min walk there and back. I'm doing mostly cardio but some bicep curls, shoulder press, etc to try to build up some muscle before I start hardcore lifting, also maybe to avoid loose skin.

is this a waste of time and I should focus on cardio only or is it a good idea?

didn`t saw it at 1st, but alredy posted there fagpay

Is ok to have a very slight arch in my bench press form?

Just drink water

Planet fitness is great for cardio and basic lifting. If you're just trying to lose weight it's great. If you want to lift weights though find a real gym. Smith machines are their own thing but they're made primarily for rehabbing or people with physical disabilites

Skelly here joining a gym soon, gonna be doing SS. I've watched videos on power clean form, so I think I understand. How likely am I to wreck myself trying them for the first time?

I have an extremely retarded question

As you lose weight, shouldn't your TDEE decrease? A person who is 170lbs has less of a TDEE than someone who is 250 lbs, so how long does that number stay relevant? sorry english is first language.

i would have sex with oprah.

also dude walking a combined 80 mins to do cardio is retarded

Are there any health benefits to the sauna? I like to spend 10-15 minutes in there after a workout because it feels good. I was just wondering if its benefitting me in anyway?

How retarded is my routine. I try to work up to a max (531) each compound (bench, dl, squats) and than do either 5x5 or 5x10 afterwords. Is this too much volume?

Starting strength burns me out and I would rather lift consecutive days even if that means doing something of a brosplit (chest+tri back+biceps, shoulders, squats dumbell cleans)

I've got a little more aesthetic but my lifts haven't really gone up. I have trouble putting on weight

Its not unusable, but if you're beginner you should leave a little bit in the tank on your 'max' lifts. If you can get it but it'll be ugly, its not worth doing when you're still getting the form ingrained.

I try to pump my self up before a lot of my sets. I usually will pace, visually focus on the weight, or use music until I feel what I presume is adrenaline starts flowing. Is this type of stress bad for my CNS?

If you overdo it, potentially. But most people aren't going to be strong enough/doing enough volume for it to really add up.

How come I breathe so fucking loudly through my nose

brosplit is like chest/triceps, back/biceps, shoulders/legs right?

is it better to hit relatively unrelated groups like chest/biceps, back/shoulders, legs/triceps?

pls help

I've been living in a hotel for 3 months now, I was opening my new restaurant and didnt make time to exercise, sleep right, not be stressed.

How unlikely is it to lose 15 pounds in 3 to 4 weeks?
I'm 5'11 190 pounds. I've gained 20 pounds since i've been here and want to lose it now that im finally going home next week.

1550 calories a day
My exercise routine is pretty simple but consists of '
2 Mile jog at wake up, 10 minutes worth of planks, crunches, bicycles, jump squats

Mid day 2 mile jog

Evening 2 1/2 mile jog Followed by 30 minutes of chest press, curls, pull ups (5 a set) wide grip, underhand, cliff hangers

I have the next month off so I figured I may as well dedicate all the time to this. Calorie wise when I was losing weight two years ago I never ran out of energy even with intense (to my weak self) workouts.

Also I like cardio, I havent ran in three months so I'm just starting at two miles. By two weeks I imagine i'll be around 4 miles.

I want big pecs. Tell me what to do to get them

I am looking to go ottermode.

Will a 30 minute circuit of AMRAP 5 pull ups, 10 press ups, and 15 squats - 3 times a week allow me to achieve this if I dont lard-out on the food?

Im thinking of eventually progressing from chin ups to pull ups, to muscle ups as a goal.

I'm getting this weird pain that radiates from the top of the outside of my shoulder down to my elbow - both shoulders.

Wtf did I do?

3 times a week sounds useless.

I know this isn't super Veeky Forums but this one is a quick question from when Tinder threads were a daily thing a few months back.

>Get matched into girl
>She opens up & says she just wants to get to meet and fuck
>I'm virgin so at that point I was like "Nope"
>6 months pass, match her again on Tinder
What do? I know she just wants cock & that is what every guy would want (?) but I still don't know

Do you guys use those sponge pads that go on the bar in between your neck when you squat? My old gym used to have one at every squat rack. I moved recently and my new gym doesn't have any if those. Is my old gym just weird or what? I really miss them

Most gyms have them.

Most proficient squatters hate the things. They tend to make the bar less stable because of the padding and the bar shouldn't be on your neck in the first place.

To be honest man none of the calculators or anything work. Apparently I'm supposed to eat around 4000 but I eat around 3 and maintain. When your weight loss goes down or plateaus cut a bit more off. Just measure what your eating and if your maintaining then cut if your looking then hold.

no

So might be nothing but...
I have noticed recently my stomach has become swollen. When I bend it feels full all the time and sometimes after my big meal I get the shits around an hour later. It's similar to opack and I would describe it as hgh gut looking. I still have some fat there but as the fat goes away the stomach swells more. Often feels like it's gassy. Is it a big deal or just something that happens? Gotten worse slowly over the last 4-5 months.
Anyone ideas?

There's a video that's been doing the rounds featuring a hottie working out.

It also shows me standing in the background looking like a retard.

Should I kill myself?

Is there a way to make muscle milk (powder) not taste like complete shit? (I've tried it in water and in chocolate milk, it's chocolate flavor) I autistically spent $25 on a jug of it, and I can't get past how bad it tastes.

my girlfriend recently stopped taking birthcontrol pills and it has helped her losing weight. she lost 1.5kg in one week, but gained 900g the next, is this normal?

I am about to begin Stronglifts 5x5 routine, is there anything I should be aware of?

I'm 6'0" 220 lbs, quit smoking eight months ago and in the last two months have cut fast food from my diet and have been drinking and pissing loads of water. I've done zero weight lifting before and have always done cardio.

Feeling good, feeling somewhat healthier, but now it's time to begin weights.

Keep track of what happens in the next 9 months.

"weight"
sometimes what you loose is just water, prolly ur fat gf had water deficit for a week and regained it the next one.
when cutting low bf% u always have to forget about "weight". It's fat loss what u should track.

anyone with a round face/ shit jaw found that they had a noticable jawline at very low bf?

apparently going from cut> shredded takes the most effort and has the greater str loss than just a regular cut, not sure if it's worth it.

Why don't you try instead of making pre-emptive excuses, fatty.

Male sure to progress by 5lbs each workout, not 5kg, so 2.5lbs on each side

Nothing you really need to be aware of, but maybe worth bearing in mind that this is a routine with deliberately slow progression. Don't be one of those faggots that gets a month in and decides that they're now an intermediate lifter and they're going to throw in a bunch of accessories, skip warm-up sets, and go for a 3plate bench because YOLO.

Ride out the routine until you're at 1/2/3/4 or until you've had to deload a few times, then think about mixing things up. That means you'll be doing the vanilla routine for about a year. Good luck and see you in a year's time hombre.

Ps it's actually fine to add pull ups, arm and ab work to the end of a workout or on rest days.

Suck it up, princess.

Not enough information. Post the video.

I cant stand the taste of brown rice, is white rice that much worse?

Didn't get a response in the other thread so...
Today is upper body day
Should I do chest/back/chest/back exercises or chest/chest/back/back ( and vice versa)
Is there any difference?
Thx

>That means you'll be doing the vanilla routine for about a year.
aiming to spend an entire year on a novice routine is a ridiculous waste of time. the way SL is run is excessively slow for no significant pay off.

a good novice routine has you in and out in half that time, and a good lifter needs to realise that weekly progression is more efficient at a certain point than repeatedly running into a wall several times and deloading and building back up.

Thin beef sausages for bulk/muscle gain

100g has 21 protons/27 of fat. yes or no and why? it's like $7 per 1.8kg and I'm a poorfag

Not worse at all.

If it fits your macros, sure. It probably doesn't, though, because that's a lot of fat.

recalculate every week, yes it will go down as you lose.

few ideas
> gluten intolerance
> lactose intolerance
> irrritable bowel syndrome
> Chrones' disease
> Cancer

I am also starting 5x5 as a total beginner

I see it recommended a lot for beginners but it looks super minimal, is it legit?

Also, is it ok to do bicep and forearms along with 5x5? are the unnecessary? will they interfere with the program and slow down my progress?

I have been doing SS for about a month or so now, is there a time I should move on to a different program, one that is more muscle group specific? ie right now i am doing squats, bench, deadlift, OHP, barbell row in a 5x5. is there worth in doing a high rep low set config after 6 months?

I'm having a hard time motivating myself to get to the gym today... can't I just wear a stuffed backpack and do some body weight exercises???

It's already over 30 degrees (C) here and supposed to be over 40 today. To get to the gym I've got to bike 30 minutes with no shade each way. Sadly my gym doesn't open until 9AM and closes at 5PM. Surely I can just do deadlifts at home...

How much ephedrine HCL should I be taking on an EC stack? Some people I see saying they take ~60mg, and others ~20mg.

Collapsed naval cavity. Get it checked out sooner than later or you will require a breathing machine in a few years when you sleep.

So I just started at the gym, I'm slowly learning to lift, abut I'm a bit frustrated because I keep coming away from my workouts covered in bruises on my thighs, my shins, my calves, my wrists and my arms just from them knocking against the weights and the pressure from stuff like the leg curl/leg extension.

I don't know if this is a gendered issue at all, but I'm female and I've always bruised like a goddamn banana from the slightest bump.
Is there anyway to lessen/avoid this? Does anybody else have this problem of being a fragile pussy bitch?

Have a lady for your troubles (nofaps git rekt).

Losing that much weight is going to be difficult/stupid. You will feel awful and you're looking at a high chance of giving up/gaining the weight right back after you're done.

Your plan is mainly cardio, which means you will potentially lose a non-insignificant amount of muscle.

Whatever you decide on doing, be sure to up your protein intake not only because it can keep you from losing muscle, but also because it fills you up and therefore makes dieting more bearable.

You shouldn't ever need motivation to go to the gym, it should be a no-brainer every time you go, with the possible exception of you being sick / someone close to you dying / the nation being in peril.
I'm sorry I have to be the bearer of bad news, but you're not going to make it user. Go find an easier hobby.

Ideal weight for someone who is 5'10 wants to be in army rangers?

If I started a 3 year program as a DYEL skelly, which will bring better results mass wise while staying natty?

3 day/week linear progression with heavy weights and low reps (SS)

or

5 day split routine with high reps and low-moderate weight exercising each muscle until it burns

This isn't something that should be happening. All of the girls I've ever brought to the gym never had any bruising from weightlifting or using equipment, they said the areas the equipment touched felt tender but never bruised. This sounds like something you should see a dermatologist or something about.

I think I must just have fragile tissues then. Bummer. Thanks anyway man.

ABxABx

------------------------------------
A: chest, triceps, shoulders
B: legs, back, biceps, traps
------------------------------------

A:
bench press 3x5 (3x8 next workout)
OHP 3x5 / 3x8
upright row 3x8
overheaad tricep extension 3x5 / 3x8
bench dip 3x8
pushups 3x8

B:
squat 3x5 / 3x8 (next workout)
ez bar curl 3x5 / 3x8
barbell shrug 3x12
chin-up 4x6

is this a good routine? I want to try and increase the weight every 2 workouts, this way I can hopefully gain strength from the 3x5 and see more muscle gains from 3x8
if I can't do 3x5 on the increased weight I'll deload 2.5kg

Best ab exercises for someone with lower back problems?

Start at the low end and titrate up as necessary. In the US, that's going to be one Bronkaid (~20mg actual ephedrine plus some sulfate ions and guaifenesin) or one Primatene (~12mg ephedrine). In Canada, 8mg, since you guys have the Kaizen stuff.

Depends on your frame and where you are right now. Ricky on /k/ is a big cunt.

"Programs" don't work like that. Titrate load up over time as necessary.

For what it's worth, I'm a dude, and squatting chews up my shoulder skin sometimes. Thick t-shirts, doubling up on t-shirts, chalk, and clean and disinfect thoroughly if the skin breaks. Stringers are stupid.

>3x5 / 3x8 (next workout)
This isn't going to last very long. Also, upright rows have a tendency to beat up the shoulders. But if you were going to do it right you'd have figured this out already, so go ahead, it'll be a learning experience.

Squats, pulls, OHP. Wear a belt. L-sit chins aren't bad.

>this isn't going to last very long

so what do you recommend? stick to hypertrophy and progress super slow?

>not using the proper OP image
that's why no one noticed it, everyone who didn't ctrl f just thought it was a HEIGHT, FACE, FRAME thread

> tfw low blood sugar
> if it's low enough I get borderline narcoleptic

Recommend me some Veeky Forums approved sources of sugar

Sugar cubes.

what is the ideal ratio from your warm-up sets to your work sets. for example, right now my bench is sitting at:
5xbar/5x50/5x50/5x50/3x70/2x70/5x105/5x105/5x105
started doing SS, if that means anything

That might work. I think it's like 20 calories per cube. I'll try and see if they work

Not bb bench, that's for sure.

Db fly, db bench, db pullovers. Even the fucking pec deck.

What the fuck are you doing on tindr if not to have sex?

Should I bother with yohimbe when I have enough body fat that my bitch tits are showing a bit?

Is there anything I can do I to fix my internally rotated femurs?

I've been lifting for four months. Before that I was dicking around with 2 dumbbells, bodyweight exercise and cardio. Past month 5 days a week. Does more gym = more gains at my level of expertise? or am I wasting my time going so often?

Why is barbell bench bad for specs? Or is it just not good enough. Also should I do db fly or cable fly?

For dumbbell curls should I do both arms at once but alternate reps or say 10 reps with my left then 10 reps with my right. Is there a difference? Are they different exercises?

I disagree. SL can get you up to a good strength base in short time.

If you didn't deload you'd be at 410kg squat, 215kg bench, 215kg OHP, and (assuming you start at 1plate) 450kg dead after 1 year of SL. Of course thats purely theoretical and in practice you'd hit a plateau and have to deload.

Go ahead and do biceps and shoulder accessories at the end of your workouts.

I personally think that's too much. I think even Rip said that you should do as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

Depends on how you eat and train and rest.

Externally rotate it lmao.

But really see a physio or doctor, this could be anything from a tendon to muscle issue.

I did and he basically told me hips were tight and my hip flexors were weak iirc, he didn't tell me how to fix it though.

What's a good weight lifting routine that girl's tend to like?

How much more weight should I lose on my cut? 220 down to 195 currently. I don't know if I am that bad or if it's a self esteem thing but I feel really overweight ans self consciois especially about my stomach and chest

Sorry, forgot. To post height

>6'1

you can get crazy numbers if we talk about fantasy progress, but we know that's not how it happens in real life.

and the point isn't you can't make good progress in a year - its that staying a year on a novice is excessive, as no one can make consistent progress session to session for a full year, and you're slowing yourself down by staying on novice progression.

Fucking hell. Once before i die, im going to give a girl with a figure like that a sponge bath with my tongue, fuck the expense.

What is 'butt-wink' when squatting?
Can someone post a video of bad butt-wink vs. good form with no butt wink?

Can I get this body doing pushups?

Another female here. Track your macros over the next few weeks. I bruise easily and part of it is because I'm iron-deficient and anemic. Low Vitamin-C can be part of the problem too. Remember to eat plenty of fresh greens with your steak.

I was thinking gluten intolerance but I already eat very little as the missus is. I also don't cramp so much only very randomly and rarely.

Try including more probiotics in your diet, such as kombucha, pickles, yogurt, kiefer, ghee, kimchii, or even probiotic supplements. It may be because of an imbalance of your gut flora.

>got these nifty scales that tell me my muscle mass and bf% recently
>have lost ~130 lbs over 2 years
192.5 lbs
>80 lbs muscle mass
>23.4% bf

So my questions are is 80lbs of muscle mass a lot? And also can loose skin affect the bf% of the scales? It's one of those smart scales and I'm hoping I didn't get jipped for 130 quid

The idea right now is shed fat, to decrese the amount of useless fat I am carrying. That is the main goal, more so than gaining muscle.

Is there any other routine you would recommend over StrongLifts?

Shit man, don't tell her. just try to knock it out. what do you have to lose to some random chick?

I started feeling pain in my left inner thigh, near the groin area, when coming up from squats.
Should i stop squatting for a while?

I have been doing SL at home for the passt month and I have a problem. Everything is going well, but I dont have a powerrack, so in order to squat vor OHP I have to clean the weicht first and it's getting too heavy for that. There's no gym where I live so I can't just go to one. What would be the best course of action here?

Is this a complete chest routine that can build me an epic chest assuming I keep progressing on weight??
Flat barbell bench 4 sets 6-8 reps
Flat dumbbell press 3 sets 8-12 reps
Chest dips 3 sets 10-12 reps
Flat db flyes 4 sets 8-12 reps
No cable or machine bullshit,just pure heavy pressing and little bit of pulling maybe switching flyes for dumbbell pullovers every month or so.
Am desperate for chest development.

do SS, eat at maintenance - slight deficit; this will give you a better balance of fat loss and muscle gain, which will be better for keeping weight off in the long run.

dont plan to stay on novice progression for a year. 4-6 months tends to mark the end of progression if you've done it consistently (although obviously don't stop until it stops working consistently, just don't beat it to the ground)

I work at McDonald's. 170 lbs, 175 cm, I'm trying to cut and lower my fat body mass.

In order to reach my protein goal for the day, is it good for me to eat 4 hamburger patties everyday in my pause? I can take them for free (plus some milk or yogurt), and I would take only the hamburger without bun and sauce. Just 4 juicy 1/10 pound hamburger.

360 kcal
32 g proteins
28 g fats (12g saturated)
0 g carbs

Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

Ty in advance and sorry for bad English.