Dumbbell Workouts

Best weekly dumbbell workouts for beginners? Want to do workouts in between of cardio exercise. The links in the sticky article all refer to workouts for barbells and other things, or can most of these exercises be interchanged with dumbbells? How much should I be lifting on each dumbbell? Obvisously Im still very much a beginner at lifting but I still have a small amount of strength from sport over the years. Any help would be appreciated

pic related.

These are great. You get to see all your gains in action, all those contractions in dat' upper arma.

>The links in the sticky article all refer to workouts for barbells and other things, or can most of these exercises be interchanged with dumbbells?

No no no no no. Read the sticky and follow a program. You don't make good progress on dumbbells.

> You don't make good progress on dumbbells.

why? just about every barbell exercise (except squats and deads) can be replicated with dumbbells.

(this is provided you have heavy enough dumbbells.)

>follow a program
>don't use dumbbells
You know that you can follow a program by using dumbbells, right?
>you can't make gains by lifting free weights
This is you being retarded right now.

This is exactly the issue. I started on dumbbells and it was a good way to build the habit of working out but you reach a wall pretty quick and horking around 75 lb dbs gets stupid, and expensive.

Because it's not the same. For starters, dumbbells run in 5lbs increments. You can't utilize both arms the same way you do with a barbell. It's much harder to make progress. Have fun trying to bench over a pl8 with dumbbells.

Go try and do your max barbell movement with dumb bells of equal weight. See how well that goes for you. You're a fucking retard, kill yourself if you manage to gather that from what I said.

You literally said "you don't make good progress using dumbbells." That means you don't think user would make good progress picking up free weights and putting them down. Kys.

No retard, once again. You don't make good progress on dumbbells. You make good progress with barbells. Fuck off cancer.

>5lb increments

If OP's got adjustable dumbbells like the ones in their picture they can always get some 1.25 lb plates

There's nothing with dumbbells OP. You should be able to find videos of how to do all the compound exercises with them. There will eventually be a time when the weight is going to get pretty significant and it's going to be a lot more practical to use a barbell, but for the time being you're good.

>if I repeat myself, that'll prove I'm right!
You are arguing that weight lifting doesn't lead to good progress, whatever that may mean. DYEL?

This is correct.
Read the sticky, you progress quicker and easier using both sets of muscles in sync, you will not get 1/2/3/4 plate by deadlifting and benching with dumbbells as quickly as you will with a barbell, hence why its so highly recommended.

Go home summerfags, and learn how to lift.

Don't know what's up with the barbell enthusiast, but you can absolutely make progress with dumbbells. Have a look at scooby's home workout routines, all/most of those can be done with just dumbbells.
Godspeed OP.

Post your physique

not op but i have one question :
i train for aesthetic by using db, so does it change anything in term of growth except that i left less heavy (i am actually at 17kg on db shoulder press)?

Nope , actually dumbbells are better for aesthetics. Less imbalance

thank you for the quick answer ^^

Is Scooby's home workout good and effective? or should i do something like this?

I've been doing scooby's workouts for a little while, they suit me great, finding them very effective. Would I recommend them? In a heartbeat.

Alright, gonna try it then, thanks.

NP bruh, godspeed.