Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pgu7LFpQmgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Benching more than you squat.

The former.

Benching more than you squat.

/thread

>tfw overhead press more than I deadlift

My lower back is fragile so I can't deadlift.

I don't want thunder thighs so I don't squat.

Therefore my bench is higher than both, and no it's not weird.

I hate your kind

>>squatting more than you can dead lift

This isn't even that uncommon, don't see why it's weird.

Maybe if you did dead lifts you wouldn't have a fragile lower back? Or are you talking degenerative discs or something?

Rowing more than you bench or squat.

Don't want thunder...the fuck.

So you don't want good looking strong legs and ass

Its fairly rare to see someone outsquat their deadlift unless there's equipment involved or they just refuse to train their deadlift at all. Most people will end up pulling more than they squat just on carryover.

>good looking

I am not a faggot, so no, that is not good looking.

Ever since I started squatting ATG, I squat less than my bench. I am, however, coming off a shoulder injury so I haven't benched in a while. If I were to redo my 1RM, chances are my bench would be a little bit worse than my squat because I had also not been doing a sufficient range of motion.

The plight of leaving ego-lifting behind :(

My deadlift got autistic.
One year ago i was at 86kg and tried deadlifting and hit 360lbs or something. Now, when i am at 92kg i barely hit 3 plates and i know for a fact i did not get weaker. Wtf is that?

Why on earth would you get to a point that you can squat more than you can deadlift

I stopped deadlifting a few months ago and my squat is about to catch my old DL max, probably is more than my current DL, Feels wierd desu.

You'd have to have pretty fucked up proportions to bench more than you squat.

Missing fingers?

Benching more than your squat, hands down. Because that straight means you are a "dont skip leg day" gorrilla with stronger arms than legs. With deadlift a lot can go wrong. Maybe you have shit grip strength or you never work your core

You're just lazy. If you don't want to squat fine, but don't lie about why you don't do them. You barely lift weights.

Is it that rare? I'm following SL and I'm about to pass my deadlift, albeit both are kinda low. 80kg squats and 85kg deadlift. I feel like it's more of a natural outcome from SL having me do squats every day.

In most beginners the squat improves the deadlift enough to keep it ahead.

I squat more than I deadlift, but my bench, deadlift and squat aren't far off from each other. Squat 335 deadlift 320 and bench 265

I have a friend who can bench more than he squats, at the same time he broke both his knees and can't do a full ROM squat so there's that.

Would you suggest I add more deadlift days, or go for more weight and drop the second set of 1x5?

Get some chalk for your grip. Also Check your squat depth.

No, squatting as much as you do on SL should strengthen your deadlift too. You can probably deadlift more than that, you're just limiting yourself to 5lbs increase per session

>second set of 1x5
Follow the program

I bench more than I squat because I don't have access to a squat rack and have to power clean the weight before squatting. I squat for more reps though.

Buy some saw horses?

On hypertrophy days, I do 135x10, 155x10, and 185x6 with a drop set to a strict 135x5~ (let the bar rest on chest for 3 Mississippi).
But I fail to get 185x3 on ATG squat (three sets of 135x10 is no problem though).
Help.

Try zercher squats

To increase your 3RM, work on your 3-5 rep weight, not your 10 rep weight

Hypertrophy days should not be included until you have ascended from babby weight. You have not. Focus on strength, not hypertrophy.

Furthermore, not much reason to do hypertrophy for squats (IMO). There is some truth in the "SS is a meme" meme: gigantic quads are not aesthetic compared to gigantic glutes, delts, pecs, lats, arms, calves. You should still squat but just for strength, not hypertrophy.

Only thing I diverge on, because I feel one set isn't enough. I'll just up the weight more I guess.

Can't use chalk at gym, so might try mixed grip and see if it helps. As for squat depth, I break parallel, but my 1-2 of my later reps I tend to learn forward going up.

I know someone who does both

What do you mean don't do hypertrophy? I am doing the WSFSB program (after stopping a brosplit). I modified the repetition day it to increase in weight on the bench as it didn't make sense to do 135x10 over 3 sets when I can increase the weight to 185x6+135x5.

But, I can't nail 135x5, 155x5, 185x3... then drop to 135x5 again (185 literally drains me).

The RE day on WS4SB is meant to end up with you getting a fair number of reps. If you're only getting 10 per set, it's significantly heavier than intended.

Holy shit thank you. I have scoliosis and a fucked clavicle so regular squats kill my back and front squats kill my clavicle. Giving these a shot tomorrow

To answer your question, OP: benching more than you squat is more weird.

>Now, help me out bros

For some reason, my deadlift is only marginally better than my squat, I feel like I should be doing much more. I maxed my squat out at 340lbs a little while ago (I think I can do more now) but I can only deadlift 360lbs.

My squat depth is more than low enough, I'm going well below parallel. So it's not like I'm half repping my squats. Nor is my grip failing me. So I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. I'm doing conventional deadlifts if that makes a difference, I also have long arms.

Oh... I didn't know that. It wasn't specified so I just went with 10 and increased weight. So is the goal to do something like 135x20, 135x16, 135x15 (however many reps are achievable at 135, 185, 225... etc)?

Tbh I did SS purely because I wanted to go to the gym and did the first program that I found on the internet.

I hate what it does to my lower body, I just want big arms and abs.

It's three sets at the same weight for whatever exercise you chose. The later versions fix that problem and specify that the weight is supposed to come out to somewhere around 60% of your max on that exercise.

Wow, thanks. I'll stick to 3 sets of 135 to the max. The 135 makes sense as 225 is my max and 135 is 60% of that
However, on leg day (WSFSB), I still can't nail a 185x5 squat even after warming up on 135x5 & 155x5... which is why I say I bench more than I squat cause I really think 225 (my max bench) would crush me.

I bench more than I squat, so... that's not weird to me at all.

Also, remember that it doesn't have to be bench press. If you're having an off day or stalling or just generally sick of benching you're allowed to use other exercises.

Curling more then you can over head press.

Don't judge me bros I can curl 60's.

Ive never dealifted, only squated a bit and been benching on and off for about 1 yr. So my squat is bigger than my deadlift. and I can bench more than I can squat

Do leg curls and Romanian deadlifts

Squatting more than you deadlift

If we're talking about weird as a synonym for how much something occurs, then I would assume there would be more people on this earth that can bench more they squat, simply because bench is the de facto standard in the gym.

If you're squatting/deadlifting regularly, you're more likely to be in a routine, therefore it's tough to fuck up like that.

I would also consider it weird in the definition of possibilities. Deadlift and squat uses a lot of the same muscles, I can't see it possible being able do so

Idk, depends on what you qualify as rare. I'd say maybe one out of ten people. It has a lot to do with proportions.

>know for a fact I did not get weaker
Really? Because it seems pretty obvious that you did.

i outsquat my DL and it's not equipment or memery.

>130 kg squat x 5
>125 kg DL x 5

i did hurt myself a few years ago DL'ing so i've developed a bit of pussyitis when it comes to doing it

The former gomer. Squatting more than you deadlift is unusual, but not terribly. Some people are just built better for the squat, they train both lifts but their squat is just naturally higher. Benching more than you squat means one of two things: you don't train your legs (or at least are putting very little effort into it) or you have some sort of disability/injury in your back, hips, or legs.

OHPing more than you deadlift.

Hello mr chicken legs

See I had an injury with my hip recently. I used to b able to squat well ofver 315, buy since e my injury I can barely squat 225 for reps. Sad thing is I can now bench >315 for a rep and now I feel embarrassed because in don't want to be a bench bro. Sorry I'm drunk but I really feel like quiting lifting because Everytime I set goals to be strong in all my lifts shit keeps happening to hold me back

wtf is you measuring your weight in kg and measuring the lifts in lbs, and not measuring them both in kg or both in lb.

it's a game of leverages

leverages

a proportionally small femur compared to shin in extremely advantageous for the squat, but not good for the deadlift.

Change gym, if no chalk.

Squatting more than deadlift. I can't even fathom this shit. I have literally always been able to deadlift ore thn I can squat. At all times. Even back in November when I was squatting every session and my squat gains were off the charts, my deadlift also increased so the two were never even close.

Weak Quads if your hips shoot up during squats. Do lunges.

Do any people follow powerlifting? There are alot people that squat more then they deadlift.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pgu7LFpQmgQ

kys
look at brosplitters in your gym and tell me they look good with a straight fucking face. They don't, they look like fucking clowns because of their non-existant legs.

That's common for high-level powerlifters right? But why? Isn't it only because of the no-straps allowed on deadlifts?

Squatting more than you deadlift = woman
Benching more than you squat = dudebro
Unless you're training for specific events, etc.

Aren't most squat WRs higher than DL WRs?