Why are you drinking that protein stuff user?

>why are you drinking that protein stuff user?
>'To get bigger and stronger'
>Why?
>'Because I want to'
>Why? What could the point possibly be? Are you going to beat someone up?
>'Stfu I just like lifting and eating'

I get this shit at work as well.
What is the point? I can't figure out an answer apart from the fact I like lifting and eating, and usually I get another 'Why?' from some degenerate whale.

Stfu you loser no one cares

"Because I enjoy it and it doesn't harm anyone."

If they can't accept that then the problem is with them and not with you. Ignore them and keep on keepin on.

go away mum I told you not to flame me on Veeky Forums in front of my m8s

You don't need to justify it to Landwhales you stupid fuck.

>I want to be healthier
>I want my body to be stronger
>I want to be more attractive
>I want to be more disciplined
>I enjoy the feeling I get in and after the gym

Kek

>eating all that food can't be good for you
>why? what do you need to lift?
>haha very insecure of you user, isn't that a bit girly?
>shouldn't you be learning something useful then?
>hmm ok, think you're on your own on that one, hot and sweaty?

>Are you going to beat someone up?
Their world view must be pretty warped if the only purpose they can think of for strength is violence.

so what is the purpose in the modern world, for those (most people in 1st world countries) that do non manual jobs?

I do it because I enjoy setting and achieving goals that solely depend on how much effort I put in

>Wait,that stuff has steroids in it ,right user?
Reeeee

if they push it that far I sigh and walk away

Best answer I can give is that "it makes me feel good about myself" and in this world, who can really fault you for that if you are not causing any one else any harm?

I would like some genuine good answers to come back with though

Their man argument is eating more is unhealthy. I know fuck all about nutrition but is a 180lb person eating the same amount of the same food to maintain their weight more unhealthy than a 140lb person doing the same? Assuming both are normal levels of bodyfat.

Also - at the places I have worked, managers are often physically bigger, not all the time, but more often than not. If my superior at work was a 120lb small guy I wouldn't necessarily respect him less than if he was 6'2 220lb - if he was good at his job I would still have big respect for him obvs, but a 220lb big guy would command more respect off the bat without having to do anything, just a kind of subliminal thing I guess - I don't think its just me that thinks this way.

stop being autistic. you can't explain it to people. they'll never get it.

They're trying to bring you down because they're lazy fucks and misery loves company.

some people kick a ball around all day and their reason is that they want to get better at kicking that ball around and yet you dont ask them this question. so why ask me ?

lifting makes you more healthy, stronger, faster and gives you more endurance (although that is not the main focus of most people). it helps you in every physical activity and in pretty much all sports. If you have to move and need someone to help you you are happy that I can move heavy shit all day without complaining and taking breaks. Not only that but there are a lot of scenarios where a certain amount of strength is benefitial.

Granted having world class powerlifter strength is probably not gonna give you much advantage compared to some guy that lifts 1/2/3/4pl8s in the real world but having a decent strength and fitness level is good in all aspects of life.

>Take up a physical activity like a sport or even running.
>Claim you eat and lift for that.
>Still have to live with the fact you are so fucking stupid you had to ask 12yo's on the internet for help with something so fucking obvious.

To play sports, to be active, to go on hikes, to carry your kid on your shoulders and not have to set him down after 100 meters because your back hurts, so your kids see your lifestyle and say to themselves how much fun it is to be able to do physical activities and do them with coordination while the other parents say "sorry son I can't play today my knees are sore" or "you know I can't run very well" or "don't bother me playing outside is for kids".
Being fit is a lifestyle and you can either put in the work now and be fit as an older man or fuck around and wonder why your kids don't want to play anything with you

Feels good, man

apples and grapes

modern decadence etc