So Veeky Forums. How does it make you feel that these high school football players can kick your ass at weight lifting?

So Veeky Forums. How does it make you feel that these high school football players can kick your ass at weight lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHUsUvDL79U
youtube.com/watch?v=gdiwwXFvd-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man I loved power lifting and football in high school.
Made phenomenal look and strength gainz those are good stats but where are the weight classes ?

i wish we had this high school culture in my country. finland here. nobody even fucking lifts here, i only see fucking dyels everywhere

there are no weight classes in football

>powerlifting stats
I am no rocket surgeon, but i think he meant pl weight class.

why would he talk about PL weightclasses in this thread? the OP is about football and the picture has physical stats from a football team.

Most people who lift do it because they want to stand out of the dyel crowd. If everybody lifted then there would be no point in lifting, since everybody would look almost the same anyway. Stupid nigger.

this

>1/2 ROM squats don't count :^)

Does anyone honestly believe that a 17 year old could squat 550 lbs ATG.

Emory and Henry is a college.

uh there was a kid at my school who legitimately benched 405 at 16.

he was a fucking freak tho.

played defense for Auburn in college.

Dumbass.

Give em gear and food the see what happens

You're not thinking of the right 17 year olds.

The ones who go play football for D1 schools can, because they are a grown ass men at 15.

>be 15
>decide to use weight room after school since it's open to everyone
>dad tells me squats and deadlifts are bad for you
>"use the nautilus like I did in college"
>mom won't let me eat more because "the magazines say you should only eat a deck of cards worth of meat with dinner"
>have good pal chad on the football team
>chad's parents feed him like a machine
>chad follows coach and basically does SS, gains go through roof
>spend my teen years weak as shit
>get to uni
>years pass and get fatter and weaker
>reach out to old friend chad and get advice
>the pain has slowly reversed since then
I'm not surprised tho desu. the kids are hopped up on testosterone, you feed them like crazy, get them on a good program, and watch the madness unfold

What's the deal with some of the really shit deadlifts (looking at the low 1000 lb club scores and the highish squat and bench scores)

>"the magazines say you should only eat a deck of cards worth of meat with dinner"
Magazines are fucking Satan.

DL requires full ROM. It probably means these guys are doing half ROM reps and the coach is counting it

football players don't deadlift. that total is probably squat + bench press + power clean

Puberty is basically free steroids for kids. All they need to do is eat, lift and sleep and you can be a monster in high school.

You have downs

For football we have to do

Bench
Squat
Deadlift

most of our workouts are centered around these lifts and have accessories to assist with these three main lifts.

nah that's fucking bullshit. Squatting 550 takes fucking years

Like starting at 14 and lifting till 17-18?

Nope a nigger squatted 715 lbs in my high school when i was a freshman. He was an enormous monster though and still ran a 10.8 100m. He had to have been on test.

This is why I only lift for aesthetics. Why work on something a 17 year old negro can wreck you at?

You are the dumbass if you're not getting what that user said aside from the literall first meaning.

>Implying you can wreck anybody based on your aesthetics

They probably weigh 250-300 pounds and have top genetics

do you play at the collegiate level?

if you look at the pic the player with the top total, 1240, has a 390 bench, 550 squat, and 300 power clean. 390 + 550 + 300 = 1240, so the total obviously is indeed squat + bench press + power clean. they're the 3 lifts that bill starr's programs revolved around, and many footballl s&c programs are similar to his.

youtube.com/watch?v=KHUsUvDL79U
>some fucking dickhead in high school can do this, but it's fine

youtube.com/watch?v=gdiwwXFvd-U

>implying 17 year old negroes can't wreck you at aesthetics

There aren't weigh classes in football, but there is usually different leaderboards for positions. There will be one for o-line/d-line, running backs/linebackers, and wide receivers/defensive backs. It makes sense cause the big o-line boys are usually way stronger than the skinnybutt wide receivers