How can people who know about nutrition eat junk food?

It makes no sense to me, since im learned about macros and cals, i cant even eat a candy because they are trash for my health.

Other urls found in this thread:

healthyenough.net/calorie-counting/.
simplyshredded.com/research-review-the-dirt-on-clean-eating-written-by-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257631/
lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/other-nutrients/fiber
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_fiber
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol

fast food joins fit macros pretty well if you get the right stuff

candy is complete trash though

then you learned nothing

Bulking my nigga
Anyways yeah I also rarely eat candy anymore, suddenly just don't like it as much. Fuck you Veeky Forums.

because eventually you realize that the key is making the majority of your diet healthy. once you've done that you can eat a little bit of everything if you want, because what affects your health is what you eat on a daily basis, not the occasional snack or junk food.

I mean any junk food, cant see food the same way now. And any junk food feels like a waste to eat when i know i could eat something better.

>macros
>health
W-what ?
It's always novice lifters and tards who get all obsessed with dieting.

Are McDoubles the GOAT food?

Please enlighten us about why exactly fast food is bad and what it has to do with macros exactly.

Fried chicken
>protein, fat, some carbs

Burgers
>protein, fat, carbs

Tacos
>protein, fat, carbs

Please explain

Normal food is nutritious.

Carbs and fats are just as important as protein.

Here is the checklist for if a food is healthy or not
>fits your caloric and macronutrient goals
>fits your fiber and micronutrient goals
>fits your electrolyte goals
>has no trans fats or hydrogenated oils
>allows you to stay under your daily alottment of free sugars

Potato chips are my favorite health food
>healthy carbs from potatos
>good ratio of sat fats:mufas:pufas
>high sodiun content for electrolyte recovery
>even higher potassiun content for same as above
>dr. Rhonda Patrick says these carbs arent the devil like grains are

2 secs in google. healthyenough.net/calorie-counting/.
Plus it sounds logic to try and eat food with good micros.

People fall out of it, particularly in periods of stress or a lack of free time. I'm not saying that's good/acceptable, but habits will break if you let your guard down.

I got way fit, then fell out of it and was eating garbage. It was a real "wait, what the fuck" sort of thing. (Now I'm fit again).

>something better
Like what, broccoli? You only need so much fiber/vitamins, and 'junk food' can be a great way to increase your carb intake during a bulk. You need simple carbs to spike insulin for your workouts.

alan aragon wrote a nice article about this. the original at wannabebig.com is gone and unfortunately the only version I can find has terrible formatting, but it's still a good read:
simplyshredded.com/research-review-the-dirt-on-clean-eating-written-by-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon.html

P.s. If you eat "garbage" with protein powder, psyllium husk, and a multivitamin.. You pretty much hit that checklist.

Nice google search but cmon, explain it with your own words. Why is fast food bad (macro nutrient wise) ?

You know eating 10x the RDA of iron and vitamin C doesn't make you healthier, right?

The article you posted is also horseshit, usually if you find something by googling for 2 seconds it's not very well substantiated.

I got to carls jr and get a jalapeno turkey burger. It's 500 calories.

I could eat 3 of them a day and I'd lose a lot of weight.

I know that driving fast is dangerous but I do it anyway.
I know that watching TV wont bring me anywhere, still I waste time with it.

I cannot understand why you have to be so strict about such little things.

I dont mean that its bad, im just saying that when i think about eating chips, or idk anything junk food even if it fits my macros or cals, i feel like its idiotic cuz i know that its better to have idk oats or something with micros. im just venting cuz its odd to see people that know about this stuff yet they are fat. idk

Chips have micronutrients.

Why is oat healthier than potato??
Because fried? Oil is healthy too, tho

We were all noob retards taking lifting too seriously once. Theyll learn one day.

>people don't know about this stuff
Actually most normies are the ones who think oats are magically healthier than chips

You sound like you don't know what you are talking about

from the article:
" There currently is no compelling evidence suggesting that a diet whose calories are 80-90% from whole & minimally processed foods is not prudent enough for maximizing health, longevity, body composition, or training performance. As a matter of fact, research I just discussed points to the possibility that it’s more psychologically sound to allow a certain amount of flexibility for indulgences rather than none at all. And just to reiterate, processed does not always mean devoid of nutritional value."

That's because he doesn't
>checked

>used to eat in n out double doubles all the time
>start tracking macros and shit
>been a long time since I had a double double, probably over a year
>go get 2 one day
>check macros while I'm sitting in the drive through
>like 40g of fat per burger
>suddenly over my fat for the day

They were delicious but I'll never eat one again. Too hard to make that fit into my day

>fat is bad
this tard, also how small are you, lil boy ?

Where did I say fat was bad?

I do consider myself a noob at this stuff, but still with what i know i rather not eat junk food and try to eat what i feel that is better for me, i wasnt expecting this much people to comment desu, i mentioned macros cuz i feel like i have a hard time filling my macros and micros daily even eating as good as i can.

ITT: People who don't understand that a food item can have effects on health which are not predicted by its composition of macronutrients and commonly analyzed micronutrients.

Enlighten us, o lord of nutritional science

>eating less than 80g of fat per day
Why would you eat mcdoubles on a cut?

inb4 gmos or hormones are cited

That was maintenance cals

.3-.35g/lb of bodyweight is the "ideal" fat intake.. So unless you weigh 230lb, 80g is too much

For reference

250p/300c/80f

I weigh 245

>weighs 245
>isnt permacut mode

Just looking at the category "fiber", there are dozens of subcategories with hundreds of specific classes of compounds. And these different types of fiber have very different effects on health. And the recommendations for fiber are just a minimum. Just because you ate X amount of fiber already doesn't mean that you won't get further health benefits from consuming more fiber. So if you consume fiber for health benefits, it makes zero sense to start consuming garbage just because you consumed some arbitrary amount already.

This is just one example though. The point is that foods are biochemical objects originating somewhere in nature, either a plant or an animal. They're not constructed from scratch by adding carbs, protein and zinc into a machine.

Why would I be? I'm 6' tall and I compete at the 242 weight class in powerlifting

IMO too much protein not enough fat but to each his own
Your maintainence also seems kind of low for your weight, I weigh 195 and mine is about the same as that
How often do you train?

4 days a week, cardio twice a week on off days but I don't count that as training

If my weight doesn't fluctuate at those macros then that has to be my maintenance

Prove that different fiber has different effects.
Prove sufficient fiber supplementation is not a solution.

You sound like you are talking out your ass

>what is the law of diminishing returns

Oats have a lot of fiber (including beta-glucan, a particularly healthy type of fiber), anti-inflammatory compounds like avenanthramides, cancer-fighting compounds like phytate and ferulic acid, and a good array of minerals and b-vitamins.

Chips are mostly oil by calorie, which is refined, nutritionless, oxidized fat, while the potato is high-glycemic and comes with virtually no antioxidants and little fiber or other redeeming quality, and develops a carcinogen called acrylamide during the frying process.

Oats help you not die so fast, potato chips make you die faster.

Kek post body

Junk food is fun and satisfying OP. I feel amazing after chugging down a pint and eating a big juicy cheeseburger.

When I finish some steamed veggies and chicken breast and stare at the empty plate, I feel like a little piece of my soul has died and I wonder if I should spend the precious few years I have on earth eating this bland shit. Is getting juicy as fuck really worth it?

Drink psyllium husk in your shake.

I don't see why it matters though, I'm not a bodybuilder lol

I've lost a bunch of weight and I eat pretty clean, mostly chicken fresh fruits and veggies. I still can't get myself to quit soda though, I'm down to 1 a week at least. I know it's pure trash sugar I'm pouring down my gullet but I don't care it tastes too good.

Here's some reading for you to do, although you really should be using Google.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257631/
lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/other-nutrients/fiber
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_fiber

And there is no law of diminishing returns with fiber for several reasons, going into which would be too complex at this point though.

Oh cmon. This is some aspergers shit right here.

Bet this guy wont drive a car cause there is a chance of dying in a crash.

manlet

Hey guys I'm looking for autism general. This is it right?

Too much fiber has been proven to be bad for your internal health.

Maybe you should just lift more?

Rich Piano eats a pint of ice cream every day because he isn't a pussy dyel like you. Junk food is only bad if you aren't active.

It taste good faggot

they percieve it differently, it reflects their lack of care

>learned about macros and cals
>doesn't know 4 mcdoubles is the fastest (and very cheap) way to eat 100g of delicious protein

Too much saturated fat, trans fat, smoked meat, too much sugar, etcetcetc

Also shit micros, no antioxidants

how the fuck does that make me a manlet

That'll help you shit but it won't have the health benefits you'd get from eating oats

By not having autism

How do I do that?