Do you think Pokémon go actually will help people, specially fat one, to get moving and lose weight?

Do you think Pokémon go actually will help people, specially fat one, to get moving and lose weight?

yes, it already has
>fattie down 15lbs since pokemon go

Walking is not exercise.

Finding it hard to believe, anyone who loses weight from just adding walking is talking out of their arse. They didn't get fat eating at maintenance, and unless they're walking around for hours a day everyday, it'd take months to see any changes.

To some people, it is.

Weight loss is mostly diet so I mean, it can help I guess

There's no point in walking if your diet is still shit and you don't put effort in it.

Maybe in the short term but it will die out in a month and people will slip back into bad habits.

Remember when everyone though the Wii would get people in shape?

It is though

Walking burns minimal calories but it probably won't do them any harm.

It's a fad and no one will be playing 2 months from now

I'm not _just_ walking, I'm also cutting. I just wouldn't be walking normally without Pokemon Go.

when you're morbidly obese, any amount of exercise helps

>Stop having fun

>Burning calories moving is not exercise

How is it hard to believe?
>Daily steps before Pokemon Go
>1000-3000 at most
>Daily steps after
>5000-15000

Is this some hard concept for you?

^

I averaged about 7,5k steps/day before Pokémon Go and now I'm doing 11k steps/day.

And of course walking is exercise.

Not in general, no. It's a fad. Just wait until the hype dies down and its no longer cool to wander around in parks squinting at a smartphone and see how many of those fat fucks have permanently incorporated physical activity into their daily lives.

Sure, there'll be a handful of NEETs who realise that actually walking is quite fun and its kind of cool to be able to climb a flight of stairs without being out of breath and maybe that'll be the moment they start getting Veeky Forums. But they'll be the minority. Just like I'm sure boxing gyms used to get a sudden influx of newbies every time a new Rocky movie came out. 99% of the fuckers don't stick around unless they had it in their blood to begin with.

THIS

there are much fewer posts getting to the top of reddit nowadays (i think i saw 1 in the past 2 days, compared to like 5 a day a week ago). it's already dying out

>And of course walking is exercise.

barley

I just think anything that gets people to move is great, since sedentary habits are so ingrained in them.

I don't think it will help

Fatties will walk more but that will make them hungrier so will eat more shit as a result. Net effect neutral at the best I'd say

You underestimate the average userbase. Most probably never exercise or move more than they have to. They're going from sitting down 12 hours a day to actually walking around a bit.

But don't you think even that 1% who sticks to being active is a win against those hordes of fatties?

>no point

fuck you. it's a start for a lot of people who would otherwise live entirely sedentary.

exercise makes you hungry they will just eat more shit

>there are much fewer posts getting to the top of reddit nowadays
Because they're out playing Pokemon go instead of sitting in a chair posting on reddit.

I 'm still seeing it more and more when I'm out. I haven't bothered getting it myself. And people are going to find it hard going back to being sedentary after opening up a lot more of their world and regularly moving about a lot more.

This is like the early release version too.

I've walked ~90 miles since it came out. I wake up and walk around Boston for 2 hours every morning before gym/work

I too would pretend I lived in Pallet Town if I was in Boston.

As a mobile game developer, this game is a nightmare to profits desu

So basically you're a cuck from Reddit who is only out for his own self interest.

Worst kind of fuckers out there

Nah when they're out waddling they're not snacking. Snacking on tasty treats that are on hand is definitely the way I see most people get fat. That and drinking at the weekends. Bit keys not go nuts here, if they're walking around turn they're still not blowing through amounts of kcal and I reckon it's a combo of water weight and the fact that some of their muscles will actually be in need of repair so there will be added kcal burn during sleep.

I've noticed people playing it at night on my 4am walks.

Kill yourself you pathetic manchild

Walking around is a side effect of pokemon go. People play it for the game not the exercise. Anyone who bought into wii fit was delusional and lazy anyway and wanted an easy way to get fit.

Yes.
If it had a pedometer that gives boosted experience points to your pokemon.

Then...Yeah.

I mean think about it. You can pick one or two pokemon to have as virtual pets on your phone, then give them boosted xp gains from simply walking around.

Getting your shit slapped in a gym battle or can't capture a powerful pokemon?
Go take a short walk and level them up, you might even find some virtual berries or candies during that short walk.

Come back 20 minutes later and your pokemon is stronger, you have a lot of pokeberries and found a new pokemon.

Eggs require you to walk certain distances.

Eggs can also boost xp

Getting fit is easy.
The marathon and amature athlete tier stuff people tend to associate with being fit and healthy is just...bull.

You don't HAVE to do any of that.
Just eat better and go for long walks or liesurly swimming.
Simply keeping your weight down, cutting out all fake or factory foods, stay away from as many wifi and electromagnetic signals as possible, and keep active and in the sunlight during the day and sleep during the night and you're pretty much set.

Wiifit and Just dance and other things of the type got many a doughy(in the bad way)house frau and chunky woman fit if not fitter.

See they didn't need an easy way out. They needed something that was fun and wasn't associated with the current fitness paradigm that is pushed everywhere.

How fucking stupid are you

I'm sure all the pro bodybuilders who walk for a couple hours a day when they're cutting would agree with you. Surely they just do that shit for fun.

>lose weight

maybe not

>to get moving

yes

Even a walking fat fuck is faster than a Veeky Forums dude sittin' on his couch

This.

Probably.

no. walking burns like 100kcal in 3 hours lol. secondly, nobody will be playing this retarded game after two months

I'm 5'8 200, so a very fat fuck.

It cuts down on boredom eating, that's for sure. I can go fuck off to the park and meet people/try to fill my pokedex when I'm bored instead of munching on something.

no it doesnt lmao

True fatties will probably just adjust by consuming an extra bottle of Mountain Dew while they're out.

There's no fucking way fatties are actually losing weight doing this. Most they will walk is 3 mph, for AT MOST an hour. That's about 250 calories factoring starting and stopping. Then they'll just eat it all back right after like they normally do.

>"whoops, I actually almost excersized today! better refuel with a coke and a whopper! :^)"

Maybe if you walk like a fat, slow piece of shit. Try walking at a decent pace faggot

At an incline of 6 set at about 3-4mph in 8minutes im already at 60kcal.

Low steady state cardio is OP.

>Fatass brother comes home from playing Pokemon Go all afternoon
>For dinner he has a burger and fries from McDonalds, two bottles of Vanilla Coke and 3 apple pies for dessert
>Lol, I exercised all day, I was hungry :^)
>Spent most of his play time driving anyway
Fat fucks are beyond help.

When playing this game I walk at most two hours.

Which is fucking nothing compared to my day job as a nurse where I spend all day on the move. And the thirty minutes I ride my bike too and from the gym that I spend two hours in lifting heavy weights.

Walking does nothing.

of course not, you cant exercise away a bad diet and walking a few miles a day barely counts as exercise

its better than nothing i guess

you can divide the amount the mememillmachine give you by about 1.8 my boi ;)

>he didn't catch all the Pokemon in the first week from spoofing

never going to make it

the fatasses who say this shit is good exercise are the type of people to go to planet fitness and never make it

This. I walked 20km the weekend PGO came out

>If a person's day doesn't change bar the addition of low intensity cardio, will they be healthier?
The answer is a resounding yes. For so, so many reasons.

You're incorrect. Exercise is a sustained physical activity. Walking is when you move your legs (physical activity) for an extended amount of time. I'm not sure how it couldn't be exercise.

Why even play the game to spoof? I don't understand people like you

Walking while weighing 400 pounds burns a lot of calories

There's a local spot in my area that lots of people go to to play Pokemon. I'm talking in the hundreds, daily.

It actually really surprises me how many very fit people I see there on a regular basis. Like people that you can tell religiously lift and eat very well. And there really aren't many disgusting/very fat people either.

This doesn't really answer the question but still, it makes me happy.

Yes, definitely.

There's a lake next to my house that's 2 miles around - I've already ridden 100km on my bike in one week, and I've seen a ton of overweight people.

There was this really nerdy couple, the girl was definitely the nerdy/theater geek super overweight walking together playing. When I was riding past them once she had to stop take a breather and her boyfriend asked her if he should slow down and she told him no she wanted to be going fast. Together they probably walk ~16 miles a week at least

How fucking stupid are YOU?
It makes perfect sense that they walk around for a while, work up a bigger appetite than usual, then chow down on some junk food when they get home.

How does that not make sense to you?

?

Wii fit was getting into dumbass poses with the goal of getting fit. The people who had the willpower to actually make it work all did better exercise regimes.

In pokemon go, the walking is a side effect of the game. People play it to catch pokemon. The waking is incidental.

I think it'll work a lot better that Wii.

And yet, bitches were getting fitter, and being inspired to do other stuff as well.

It worked. Women were getting fit and are still using the damned thing to get fit.

Good habits help others form. I'm sure some people are starting to walk/run for Pokemon and decide to try a bit harder in other areas of their life as a result.

it is
just a shit exercise

It's not substantial exercise but it is exercise...

No because there's only 1-2 week worth of gameplay