NOOTROPICS / SUPPLEMENTS GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Post your current nootropics regimine and other supplements that you are taking.

what has worked in the past or is currently working? reasons for doing/not doing certain substances? (money/accessibility) Let's get a decent thread going, Veeky Forums.

Currently about to start Adrafinil, and a few others to complement it. I would take Modafinil if i could, but it's not easy to acquire large amounts (or any amounts) in my country.

Bonus: You are only allowed to take 5 supplements for the rest of your life, what do you choose? (protein powder doesn't count for this since everyone should be taking it anyways.)

Other urls found in this thread:

phenibutgod.com/how-you-can-succeed-with-phenibut-where-many-fail/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I bought Zinc and Magnesium today. I wonder if it'll make a difference.

anyone have experience with ashwagandha for increasing test levels? I need to up my T any way I can.

can't tell if this is genuine or sarcastic cynicism, I haven't been busy on Veeky Forums for a few months.

modafinil 200mg every day senpai who upp ladsss

what country do you live in?

the uk, I buy it online.

Nootropics and pretty brosciency IMO. Only proven active ingredients from what I can find are caffeine and l-tyrosine. Both of which can be gotten separately and wanged in with your creating in the morning for a much cheaper price.

what site? most don't ship to Canada, i would have to get a post service to do it to get past customs and even then, anything over 30 pills almost always gets caught.

>anyway I can

Then get on the deepweb (get an alphabay account) and buy some testosterone enanthate.

Its cheap as fuck mate

>Nootropics and pretty brosciency

most nootropics are amphetamines.

I use modafinilcat, comes in about 3 days, most of the time, never been stopped and I normally order around 100 at a time. I don't know about the situation in canada with it though, since it's pretty much legal here customs doesn't care.

Was it separate or ZMA? I bought ZMA today and hoping it will live up to the hype.

Any fans of Phenibut and/or Noopept? I mostly take nootropics for social benefits

yeah, I use noopept from powder city myself, good shit mang

how much do you dose? do you do it daily?

I do some 20-40mg, 3 times a week, because otherwise I build a tolerance super fast. that's a bit on the excessive side though, many do less.

Daily:

50mg 5-HTP
100mg Niacin
2000IU D3
50mg Zinc
500mg L-Lysine
50mg DHEA
500mg Maca (3 times daily)

Together I feel like there's a difference in energy and motivation. It takes a while to kick in though, you won't feel different the first day. I'd say it takes about a week or two to really start feeling the effects.

The maca by itself makes me hornier than a fucking dog, almost to the point of not being able to control when I'm hard; almost like when just after puberty and couldn't control it. But it makes me nauseous when I take it by itself so I take it with food.

I've tried many things for sleep quality
>5HTP: did nothing apart from give me brain zaps once or twice
>glycine: nothing
>theanine: nothing
>zinc/magnesium: nothing, still take them in low doses
>valerian tea: calming
>melatonin: tiring, nothing for sleep quality though

Anything else for sleep? My sleep hygiene is flawless

>Phenibut
My go to when I'm going out to a concert or party that I'm anxious about (read: all of them). Plus, it lowers my alcohol tab that night too. That's about the only time I take it. I'm still on the 100g tub I bought from amazon in 2012.

>Noopept
Never heard of it, but it's so cheap, I might as well check it out. Personal insights/experiences you care to share?

>Modafinil
I go the variety pack form
>modafinilcat
and I tried two different half pills that did zero on an empty stomach firs ting in the morning. Then I did one pill and it was too jangly to be pleasant for me. Does that smooth out ever?

Recently bought phenibut for recreational reasons (it's fucking good, way better than drinking...would recommend)
Also, noopept, never really notice much other than 10 minutes of what I assume is a placebo, do I have to keep dosing for a few weeks before it really works?

i dont feel anything from noopept, is that normal?phenibut is awesome

How much phenibut do you guys take? I've seen recommendation going all over the place. Also it takes a long time to kick in, right?

I typically take 2 g. 1 g first thing in the morning together with a cup of coffee. 3 hours later I take another 500mg, and after 3 more I take the last 500mg. Takes a couple of hours to kick in, but lasts for a long, long time.

It depends on what you use it for, and how often, though. I take it maybe once a month. If you're looking to use it more regularly you might consider lowering the dose slightly. 500 mg will loosen you up socially, but doesn't give me enough of a kick to make it feel worth it.

In general, you should avoid taking it more than 2 times a week, and not taking it two days in a row. Tolerance builds up quickly if you're not careful, and before you know it, you've drained your GABA-receptors in your brain, and suddenly lack a crucial chemical component for yourself to feel happy.

All of this said, I've broken against pretty much all the guidelines I just set up, and have been just fine. Just don't get hooked on the stuff.

Thanks, i usually try to go for all natural problem solving route, but the food-sleep-exercise seem to be failing me so I want to get something as a reference point as well as increase social gainz, so will probably take 500mg once per week.

Also regarding gaba stuff, is there a way to nourish/increase/whatever it?

The people that worry me are the ones that suck so bad at socializing that, after finding phenibut, they NEED it. Try it a couple of times in social settings, experiment a little with the dosage to find your sweet spot and take care to notice the difference in your behaviour. If you can pinpoint how it affects you, you can start doing the same things when sober.

Same thing with molly. It just throws out your inhibitions - talk to anyone like they are your best friend. Go up to some random girl and pull her hair. Go dance with those random people. It's actually just that simple, the only thing stopping you is yourself.

>Also regarding gaba stuff, is there a way to nourish/increase/whatever it?
I don't really know. Alcohol and phenibut drain it, so don't do too much of that. Actually, stay away entirely from alcohol before you have a good idea of how phenibut affects you - and even then, be CAREFUL with mixing them. 1 beer on phenibut will hit me like 3 or 4 normally would. On a night out, if I've taken phenibut, I'll usually have 2 beers spread out over the entire night.

Saint John's Wort or 5-HTP for depression anxiety?

Also how important is it to taper off SJW

Got noopept and DMAE Bitart from powder city. I like the stuff, brings me back to a good headstate after 30+ hours awake or a night of heavy drinking. Much better than caffeine alone. Gets rid of the fog for me, but doesn't really seem to increase anything if I'm already alert.

It's got a really short half-life iirc so take it either in the morning to get a good start and the momentum rolling or about 15-20 mins before something where you need to be sharp and clear.

Can anyone give a sway on modafinil or adrafinil from modacat? I should probably just go to the doc and get a script for add, but I don't like doctors. Haven't been in about a decade.

SJW has been shown to be about as effective as SSRIs for treating depression .. so . .yeah ..

Thanks for your concern, as I've said I'm mostly going to use it as a point of reference of my "free self" and to make socializing less awkward for me. I've found this
phenibutgod.com/how-you-can-succeed-with-phenibut-where-many-fail/
tl;dr this stuff + exposure therapy, and I'm gonna follow it.

did you drink coffee at some point after taking it? you might want to try without that if so.

I've heard a great deal about piracetam with choline, although I can't figure out if it's legit or not.

AAKG and D-Aspartic Acid

i cycle d-aspartic acid but not the arginine

For what it's worth racetrams are regularly prescribed, so they have some medical merit.

Unfortunately they're only prescribed to advanced Alzheimer's patients, which is the only group they've been shown to be efficacious in by potentially slowing the progression of the disease.

However, persons without neurocognitive deficits have no benefit from racetrams.

Skimmed through it, looks like solid advice to me. Do you have depression, or just some sort of social anxiety?

First time I ordered phenibut, I did it because I wanted something to ease my anxiety about going out on first dates with grills. Worked out fine. It's all in your head. After I'd had a couple of bad (and good) dates with girls, I realized the worst case scenario really isn't anything to worry about. It'll be awkward for a while, but I won't ever see her again so who the fuck cares. I'll take that experience and learn from it any day, rather than sitting at home doing shit all - dreaming about what could've been.

Life's too short to give a fuck about what other people think. Phenibut can help you get into that mindset (psychadelics even more so, but that's another beast entirely).

Good luck senpai

you seem to know a good deal about these things, if not that, then what I should use for better thinking, memorization and etc?

The only two drugs I've researched well and truly value in this niche performance enhancing area is:

1. Modafinil
2. Nicotine.

I started taking creatine about 2 months ago. Did a loading phase with 25g/day for a week and then went to 5g/day. I don't feel much stronger and my lifts haven't been getting better more that usual. Is creatine a meme?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Takes fucking ages to kick in. Like at least 6 hours for me

If I've got something in the morning that I'm nervous about I take it just before bed the night before and wake up feeling good

Only five supps for life
>Dextroamphetamine
>Semax
>Phenibut
>Lgd-4033
>Tianeptine sulfate
Close runner ups were L-Dopa, bromantane, and memantine

3g EOD
if I take it two days in a row or three it fucks with my sleep on off days

It kicks in after 2/3 hours but remains for 24 hours

My top 3 supplements for cognitive function and health are:
- Vitamin D
- Melatonin
- Fish Oil

I will provide my rationale if anyone is interested.

Only the good ones haha.

Do you use melatonin daily? I found that if I use it too often, I can't sleep without it.

pls respond

not everyone responds to creatine.
Loading phase is bullshit

Are you using monohydrate? the only one you should buy

yes I am

I did and I will. Dang, I love coffee.

Did you gain weight from it?

Only ~1 kg while I was eating near maintenance

switch over to valerian root and reduce blue light in the evening, melatonin is not meant to be used for more than 2 weeks.