/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here.

QTDDTOT is a foolish acronym edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rM88V8jhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do you use to carry your clean clothes in at the gym? I feel like using a dirty gym bag to put my post-shower clothes in would leave them smelling bad and dirty.

I am a skinny but very athletic male. I got a job a few months ago cause life sucked and nothing was going anywhere. My GF broke up with a few weeks after and instead of being a sad faggot i got my self a chin up and pull up bar. I wanna gain mass but nothing seems to work. What am i doing wrong?

EAT

Just get some sanitizing wipes and wipe down the inside once a week or something.

Can I have a day committed solely to accessories?
I'm having trouble fitting them into my normal routine. I try to do a couple when I can, but I want to be more consistent.

What is butt-wink and can someone show me a video of bad buttwink vs good form?

I have 3 meals a day and i snack in between my meals. Iv been doing this for 2 months now and im still 115

What are the most filing foods for the fewest calories?

Water soup, water stew, water sandwich with lettuce in place of bread, cup of water, glass of water, bottled water, and a bowl of ice

How much cardio is too much cardio gainswise?

I've heard that any more than half an hour of intense cardio a day starts to cut into gains. I'm currently doing just below half an hour/day five days a week. I do cardio early in the morning and weights at night, if that helps

Water is great and all but i'm on a diuretic and i on't want to be pissing all day.

How do I into Kamina mode?

I have pain in my lower back, hip and down into my legs. Sometimes it hurts so much and I get pins and needles. It has been spasming lately and hurts like a mother fucker. Is this sciatica? I had an MRI last year when I had these symptoms but was clear of anything horrible.

All different kinds of leafy salad greens, and most veggies in general

Start counting calories. If you want to gain weight in a healthy time frame, eat 300-500 more calories than your maintenance #

I eat around 1k a day. Just yesterday i had scrambled eggs with sour dough bread in the morning, Panni with hot ham salimi during lunch and a straw berry milk shake and a grilled chicken with steamed carrots at dinner time.

is doing ab isolation work necessary for establishing decent looking abs? I hate doing ab isolations and most of my time in the gym is spent doing OHPs, DLs, bent over barbell rows, squats, chin ups, so I get a good deal of ab work through those. could i get decent ab definition if i cut down to 10-12% without doing any ab isolation?

I want to train on Mo/Tu/Th/Fr

Does this look reasonable?
MONDAY
squats
bench press
bent over barbell rows
+cardio

TUESDAY
deadlift
OHP
pullups
+cardio

WEDNESDAY
swimming routine

THURSDAY
squats
bench press
bent over barbell rows
+cardio

FRIDAY
deadlift
OHP
pullups
+cardio

SA+SU break

Okay you're not eating enough and I bet you're not counting right either. I'm a 5'5'' female and my maintenance amount is 1600 calories a day. As a male you should be getting close to 2000 a day, even more depending on height and activity level. At 1000 a day you'd be constantly losing weight and near starvation/Auschwitz-mode now.

What's the optimal mode for picking up women?

Otter/Skinnyotter mode or Natty limitmode?

the latter, most ottermode folk look DYEL in clothes

im 5,9 Thanks ill start counting my calories and ill eat more than 2k a day.

What do you recommend i should eat to reach that or higher?

So what's fits opinion on 0 cal pop? I like drinking it to feel full on a cut. Am i wrecking myself in the long run?

I just found out I was 6'2 today. I thought I was 6'3 this whole time...just... why even live. Need some support right now anons, I'm thinking of ending it.

Honestly from what you posted, your diet seems okay, you just need probably one more solid meal or a loaded smoothie during your day. Maybe extra red meat or chicken for protein if you're working on bulking up.

It's acidic so it's bad for your teeth, and it will through your gut flora off balance (creating a higher than natural acidic level in your gut) which means your body isn't breaking down food as well as it should during digestion, and you're getting cheated out of macro-nutrients.

How do i clean my mirror to avoid streaks? I want to take nice progress pics but they're always marred with ugly mirror residue.

Does that also mean i take in fewer calories though?

No, it means your body is not digesting things optimally, not absorbing nutrients properly.

how is that not the same as not absorbing calories?

I want to train martial arts 10 - 12 hours a week and lift 3 - 4 hours a week (lifting isn't my main goal).

Any recovery tips aside from eat more faggot, foam roll, sleep more faggot, stretch, etc.

I already have all of those covered.

As someone with Gynecomastia is it possible to just work out threw it or will I have to get surgery?

No, you cannot drink diet soda and magically burn calories from drinking it

It's breast tissue user. You can't work it away.

If you're young (teens/early 20's) and slightly fat, it may just be bitch tits. If it's been diagnosed by a medical professional, then you should probably ask them.

Or is this self-diagnosed?

How do I get from fatmode (but already lifting) to bearmode?

Cut? Maintain?
Routine?

Its a Self, Im 21 but I've never been to the doctor to get it looked at. Feels like boob

I need help with my squats. What is the proper placement for the bar on your back? I can't seem to find a comfortable place without my back hurting.

How can I lose weight and gain/maintain muscle?

How to burn fat and retain muscle?

Looking to start a home gym, where the hell do I buy a good barbell and how much should I expect to spend?

keto. ketosis is protein sparing to a very high degree. you make carbs from acetone and glycerol, not protein.

Expect to pay about $200-300 for a decent new one. Over $1000 for a certified competition bar, though, but you don't need that. You might find one for less on craigslist. Rogue or pendlay/muscledriver is a good place to look

You'll get used to it. Tighten the muscles of your upper back by retracting your shoulder blades.

Steroids.

Train for about two years conaistently.

what happened to fitsticky.com?

Do 30mins of HIIT

Seems fine, you can even cut out a day if you want, then its basically Greyskulls

Lose weight slowly, 0.7% of your bodyweight lost a week reduces the risk of lean mass decreasing.

Do those compression shirts from Under Armor and other brands actually do anything?

Does anyone have experience with 5-HTP and Saint John's Wort?

Which is better for depression/anxiety? I've been taking st john's for a couple months now but it didnt seem to help all that much so i quit cold turkey and im planning on trying 5-htp. bad idea?

Compressive clothes can feel good to lift on and could potentially add lbs to your lift.
Lifting in a singlet is heaven.

Trappy took it down after being doxxed

What is the best warm up routine for a beginner ?

DUDE STOP BEING SO FUCKING DENSE

It will fuck you up. Don't even bother thinking about positive sides to ruining your stomach 'cause there are none.

Stop doing molly.

How do I live off 1200 calories a day without hating my life?

Fuck off you moron.

Drink diet soft drinks if you haven't grown out of childish tastes. They're zero calories and won't effect your macros.

Chances are though that you're a weak waste of flesh and having a diet coke as a treat will lead to you taking liberties and eating like a fat child again.

Accept that feeling hungry isn't the end of the world and there's more to life than stuffing your face with food.

its fine as long as youre making progress. when it starts to hinder your progress is when its a problem.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you a female professional dancer or something?

yes

Well I'm only 5'3 and a grill

You can eat more than that, just do some cardio too. You will get a lot more than just physical gains with at least 3hrs of exercise a week.

throw in rice, oats, and eat higher quantities of what youve got and youll hit it. youll need to ease into it too. most guys cant just start eating 3000 calories off the bat. aim to be eating that much within 2 weeks.

Best way to increase grip strenght?

Deadlifted 1x5 140 kg with straps yesterday, but without straps I can barely do 5 reps of 120 kg. I've been lifting for ~4 months

Eggs, Chicken breasts, Beans

300-500 below maintenance a day. enough protein. continue to lift

That's Veeky Forums for you

>I want to lose weight
>put down the fork fat fuck

>I want to eat less
>Do cardio an excercise

(Thank you though mate!)

Spray it, wipe it with a wash cloth, dry wipe it with pages of newspaper.
If it has a frame be careful not to soil it with newspaper ink

2600 calories a day man, and if you are 115lbs, 100 grams of protein in that too.

Why do people use Ctrl+F in the catalog instead of the built in search function?

How much exercise should I be putting in my TDEE calculator? I'm sort of on my feet for a lot of the day, standing and walking around etc, but I do weights 3 times a week and cardio (mix of HIIT and endurance) 3 times a week as well.

I'm 6'2 160 (was 180 but been away)- I was assuming around 3000-3500 would be good for a bulk with about 150g protein?

Just put sedentary unless you're working on a building site or something

Good way to see if I have ATP? Everyone I ask says my posture is fine but I don't trust them.

Recently started lifting and I'm having an issue when back squatting.
When I put the bar on my back (even the bar alone), the bar "massages" me to the point that it is nearly painful.
I would not describe it as pain, but it feels the same as forcefully massaging a tight and sore muscle.

Is this usual ? Are my back muscles just unusually tight ? Will it eventually go away with time ?

If you do ab work, you should stretch hip flexors daily. Also squat and deadlift a lot. ATP fucks with your hight, man

will go away, don't worry, every beginner has it. No beginner pain if you're squatting lowbar though

>no beginner pain
I mean when you put the bar in lowbar position you won't have this pain at all, even if you're a beginner

omg are you me

anyone here tried slim fast?
I am because it's convenient.

Green tea for pre-workout?
I just hate coffee
>never gonna make it

If you feel like green tea doesn't give you enough coffein, leave the bag in for like 20 min until in tastes dogusting, then drink it
Since everyone says g. t. is healthy I think it is the better alternative

haven't tried it.
slim fast helps you not being so hungry so you eat less. Veggies do the same thing and are healthier

Kombucha might be good too, since it's fermented tea. Still has caffeine = to one cup of coffee.

It's honestly a convenience thing at this point. I'm replacing my meals with SF because I have no time nor space to meal prep. I'm planning to do it for 2 months at most.
Thanks for the advice tho.

Okay thanks, I was wary of loading more weight because of it.

Serious question: Why is there so much tripfaggotry on this board? I don't get it.

Lift, eat a lot of protein, 500kcal deficit.
Keto is neither mandatory, nor a miracle, but it can work.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rM88V8jhU

he is jewish and tells western women to leave alpha males though.
just saying

Do it faggot
Stream it for us

Im only 22 and I lost almost 100 pounds over 2 1/2 years but now Im dealing with loose skin now. How can I fight this? If I start bulking will that help?

5x3 or 5x5 for strength? how bout for aesthetics?

Well, no. They're kinda two different things.

QTDDTOT: Quick questions, typically can be answered "yes or no", and don't require much, if any, additional discussion.

SQT: Stuff that's answered by the sticky, broscience, etc.

I am 183cm 75 kgs and around 18% bf to give a general idea of my current state.

How do I get as ripped/lean as possible in 1 month using only body weight/pull up bar/10 kilo dumbbells

what really made me post this is reading about tom hardy getting in shape for Bronson by doing 2000 press ups a day 5 days a week

I am going to get roasted for this post but I am sure I will get some genuine answers too

Asked this in the routine advice thread but no answers there:

I am doing 5/3/1 and this week is supposed to be deload week.

So i was thinking to only go to the gym 2 days a week instead of 4 during delaod.It seems kind of dumb to get there, just to do some light overhead pressing and nothing else.

So if i would go 2 times a week i could squat light and do some light overhead pressing at the same day. Makes sense right?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

How the fuck do you do weighted pullups/dips? I usually cross one leg over the other then put a dumbell inbetween and let it slide down. But this is usually super uncomfortable and I'm more focused on keeping the weight in place rather than getting my form correct.

Also what exercises have you found best for growing your lats?

Either buy a dip belt or make one.
I actually made one for myself recently, it's very simple. You need some chain, some plastic tubing of barely larger diameter than the chain and a carabiner.

I used 1.5m of chain, 1m of plastic tubing and a small carabiner guaranteed to take at least 75kg of weight. It cost about the equivalent of 7 freedom bucks. Tested it with 25kg, works great, perfectly comfortable.