/cutting/ general

>cutting for a month now
>be on 600 cal deficit, some days higher
>tired, can't finish workouts I used to power through all the time. Might also be summer heat bringing me down
>still 20 lbs to go
Kill me

Your fault for being fat

N-not fat just bulked a little too hard :(

So is caloric deficit everything when cutting?
If I plan on cutting, and once I achieve my desired bodyfat, which might I add is lean, it definitely matters the food you eat, right?
I've heard people say that they eat shit at maintanence, while making sure they get a feasible amount of protein, and they're fine. I don't know if they're lying though.

So to stay lean must you eat clean?

>not fat
>20lbs to lose
Pick only one

i spent my whole life bulking a little too hard

Hunger pains don't bother me, but fuck I just want to indulge in something. It's to the point where a sleeve of saltine crackers looks like a delicacy.

Yes, as far as weight loss goes, calorie deficits matter. eating good clean food matters for overall health and well being tho

I know dem bulking feels man, I bulked way too hard and gained 100 lbs :(, gotta cut for like 3 years now

>overall health
Yeah, I don't plan on being 100% clean, definitely including my beloved veggies for the sake of myself, I am used to burning a pretty good amount of calories a day so every few days I'd like a bowl of ice cream.

How does everyone feel about refeed days? I know I'm not getting enough carbs but I'm afraid of stalling down my cut.

I have the same issue. My inner fatty wants to eat just for the sake of eating. I can deal with being hungry all day, but I always want to eat something sweet or some shit. I can eat a big, filling helping of chicken, rice, broccoli and still end up wanting to eat a sweet. Just because. It's frustrating. I've been intentionally denying myself when the craving comes, and instead I will brush my teeth and do some pushups or some shit. I'll happily train my body to crave clean teeth and exercise rather than shit food

>I'll happily train my body to crave clean teeth and exercise rather than shit food
lol let me know how that works out for you

Halo top

>Be cutting
>Was 20% bf% about a month or so ago
>Probably closer to 2, maybe even more. I don't track properly
>Measure today
>16.6%
>Fuck. Yes.
>Feels good man.
>My goal was 12% when I started, before I start either a bulk or recomp
>Now I'm considering continuing on to 10% before blasting myself with calories and bulking

I am legit so happy guys. I know water weight is making my progress seem better (I was dehydrated when I measured today. My piss was golden) but this is my first real cut, and it's actually working.

>tfw cutting at 1800 calories 220+g protein and under 80g carbs
>go into ketosis cause of work + lifting + gear/clen

Fuck I don't want to eat more carbs but I don't like being so fucking thirsty all the time cause of ketosis and that keto mouth, already drink a gallon of water a day.

Try alternate-day fasting. Way way easier than any other kind of cutting I've ever done.
>one extremely nutrient-dense meal, roughly 1/4 of BMR on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
>eat unrestricted and lift other four days of the week
You're only restricting yourself for 3/7 of the week, rather than having to keep track of calories and restrict every day. There's research that suggests that this type of cutting maintains more lean mass (in obese test subjects at least). Aside from this there's lots of documented health benefits to fasts in the 16-24 hour range, and I have to admit it's nice to not have to worry about food three days a week. Have gone from 236 to 218 in about five weeks, lifts have stayed the same or gone up slightly.

whats an example of one of those meals

Caffeine and ephedrine pills are the only thing keeping me awake at work, fatigues a real bitch

>out of calories for the day
>stomach growls

>big-ass smoothie: two cups ice, one cup milk, one cup water, two handfuls of kale/spinach, 1/4 cup hemp seed, one banana, handful of blackberries, two scoops protein powder. You can use whatever fruit, fat source, and greens you want
>big-ass salad: 6-8oz grilled chicken breast/salmon, greens, baby carrots, broccoli florets, snap peas, thinly sliced red onion, one avocado, one sliced apple/pear, balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I'll do feta cheese or pecans instead of the avocado
Smoothies and salads are great to incorporate into the diet anyway because they're filling as hell and have much better micronutrient content than, say, chicken breast, rice, and broccoli alone

B...but user...it's not April Fools day today.

Explain

>ketosis
>80g carbs
Try no more than 20g

Things that help me out is v-8. Whenever I get cravings I make a cup and throw in some hot sauce, lemon juice, and pepper. Tastes great and fills me up for awhile.

Added bonus- makes your poop blood red!

>cutting
Go back to your gaybar, you'll never be bug.

Not only would you be super deficient in fiber (blending kills it), which would fuck your cut up in 4 different ways, but also smoothies aren't filling for a lot of people. Aside from all that, though, a salad with some chicken breast kicks that smoothies ass in taste, macro profile and also micros.

Smoothies have been a fad for as long as people have wanted to be fit. They're great to add in for when you're on the go, but replacing meals with them is a bad idea. Especially if you're subbing a main meal (like chicken breast) for one.

Smoothies and shakes are only good to swap for food for normies who can't get their nutrition right, and for skellies trying to bulk. Anybody else should only use them as snacks or to supplement their diet.

Anyone?

I'm the 16.6% bf% on this thread, and it's my first "real" cut, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I've managed to loose bodyfat while doing refeeds. I think I do enough cardio to "cancel" them out, though, just walking to and from the station, and at uni. I think they're a decent idea, though, since they prevent you from fucking your cut up by not getting your micros and macros. Also if you cut for too long, you start to get really tired, no matter how much you sleep, and that really does fuck with your fitness. Refeeds stop that from happening.

>that reading comprehension
>he thinks you can't go into ketosis after eating past 30g carbs

The sheer stupidity of some posters, fucking hell.

the 20-30g mark was set as a guarantee for obese lardasses to stay in keto, anyone who does any sort of activity can go higher.

Not that anyone with a functional brain would want to go on keto, esp when on gear.

Calories determine weight: eat less, lose weight.

Nutrition determines health: eat bad, have low energy/eventually starve

>blending kills fiber

Since when did modern blenders achieve the ability to cut 1-4 glycosidic linkages. Fiber is fiber. Blend it smash it human tracts cant digest it anyhow fucktard.

Refeeds=cheat meal?

I had a good workout + calorie deficit, so I just ate some french toast.

so you threw it all away, basically