Self-improvement Gains

What is Veeky Forums doing to become a better version of themselves? Books, music, podcasts, hobbies, routines, etc? How are you working on yourself?

once went 16 hours without masturbating.

low test beta male detected

Jocko podcast

Good.

:/

Read Homer
Do more outdoors stuff (hiking, camping)

Learn cooking

>Learn cooking
From where?

Note I want to be adept at cooking from all cultures.

I started off with Italian

I find it's the funnest culture to cook with, make my own pastas, sauces, etc

Going to one day get into French cooking once I'm confident enough

youtube is a great resource for inspiration

I couldn't recommend mindfullness meditation enough

Get a regional cookbook and work through it so you don't waste a load of money buying spices and powder that you forget about

elaborate? is that just when you close your eyes and only focus on your breathing?

I shouldn't,but if you don't learn how to cook there,at least you'll learn what to NOT do.

yeah that's the gist of it

> even this niche board has it's own version of shitposting

>studying law
>learning different languages
>1h reading per day
>some charity

Have this pic mate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OP here's some things you may appreciate:

Listen to In Our Time podcasts

Pirate a few "Great Courses"

Read literature, if you want, I can post a few charts/give recommendations.

Meditate - Mindfulness in Plain English is a good guide and available free online

Listen to good music (Bach's Cantata 12)

You don't have to associate meditation with buddhism. It is possible to be a meditator for the psychological benefits and ignore the spirituality aspects

I know.

But the guidance of Buddhism in regards to meditation is highly beneficial to even a secular practice.

tfw you download self improvement audio books

Literally anywhere, your mum, youtube, cooking books, random fucking websites. The resources are always out there, especially for simple stuff like this.

As cheesy as they are, self improvement audio books actually do manage to get me motivated

I take in the information they give somewhat reservedly and think about it critically instead of just being "yup that's the solution". With this you need to read lots of other stuff in order to judge the information against each other but I think it's the right way to do things.