/plg/ - powerlifting general

Be cool or leave 2bh

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vgSmTUNSc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCvHlY4hVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kys

Is the IPF going to take action in regards to WADA's findings that doping is systemic in Russian Sport?

>is the IPF
no

WWTTommorow?

When powerlifting becomes an Olympic sport.

So never.

Wait does this mean Kiril is on drugs???

The worst day of the whole cycle this week. I'll probably die.

You don't think at an international level the IPF is going to want to follow WADA's recommendation to ban Russian athletes?

>5+ squat day

Literally the absolute worst.

Nice. I did 3x5 squats at 130 something kg yesterday after a long squat hiatus

They feel awful, I hate doing more than 1 set.

Heavy bench today lads. What are you training today?

There's a difference between professional sports and a sport that exists purely at the amateur level.

We're still paying a large portion of our meet entries and out membership fees to WADA and to ensure our sport is kept clean. Wouldn't it be quite hypocritical for the IPF to not take action?

If I get the minimum I'll be perfectly happy tbqh. Gonna need to put my try hard panties on for this one

Yeah, 3x5s are rough, that's were my LP stopped roughly

Light bench day. Whole week is nice and light, then testing openers then MEEET

Light deadlifts and bench today. Some ab work. Meet this weekend.

I'm saying since they don't compete under the same national sponsorship that the Olympic athletes do, there isn't really a reason to flat out ban them. I'm sure the people in charge of the IPF are having the same discussion we are.

Squat reps are hard. My squat max is 160kg but I probably couldn't do more than 1 set of ugly 5s at 140kg.

More so I refuse to

They did 10 years ago so why not again?

Paused reps worth it for a beginner?

>tfw pretty sure I did 6x10@65% for bench instead of 5x10
Whoops

Agreed lmao

For main sets or as an accessory? Bench is the only one that really worth pausing all/some reps for working sets. As an accessory, all lifts are good paused

>when former friends who never talk to you anymore only come back to bully you

>tfw absolutely shit at rep work

My max is 170kg and my last 5x5 on linear was 140kg. Felt like RPE817303017 and was ugly as fuck. Definitely going to have to lower my max next time I run the program.

Good luck brother, you're gonna kill it.

The same thing I train every other day - squats, bench press, dead-lift, and press. Back on that linear progression, it's boring but it works.

It's ok ur gon be RIPPED AS F soon

Thinkin about looking at a new car that I think you'd approve of

Pls be an F type R convertible

Yeah it's annoying. I find the squat the easiest to progress lift but hardest to preform.

It's ok benchie, you'll btfo them all soon enough :)

Rep work with bench, and to a lesser extent ohp and sumo, is ez, squats are the only exercise I hate doing for reps.

W7D2 of Sheiko, so medium diddlies and boring benching. Currently trying to summon the energy to go to gym.

>tfw Joe is sad

Do you need a hug? :)

Nobody likes squats so can we just ditch them and make powerlifting PUSH / PULL?

NAw; some nice old American malaise tho

(pic is not car but same car)

I don't hate squats, I just like them the least

Do you lads think Veeky Forums is social media? Been arguing this on /v/ for a while.

Outside of the generals at least, which are facebook 2.0 in a lot of cases.

I love malaise but you picked the worst.
The way the buicks transition from top to trunk is so shit tier. Just straight down.
Bleh
Lincoln desu.

Just watched Alexey Nikulin's workouts on youtube and it was interesting to see how many adjustments Sheido did compared to the vanilla routine. I cant wrap my head around what changes I can add to my program. I know I lack quad strength or weak off the floor during pulling but dunno how or if I should add meme variations like front squats, deficits dl etc. Am i overthinking shit and should just do what feels right?

>He thinks it's a buick

That's an Olds Cutlass Supreme my mate and have much more of a slope

It is, but you shouldn't put your personal information up on here.
At least I'd strongly recommend against it.

Plg is unique, I don't think there is a general with so many trips posting their faces, location, place of work e.t.c on any other general on Veeky Forums

But I D K

ehhhhh I don't think so - much the same way I didn't see the old vBulletin boards as social media, and arguably there is less information offered here.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vgSmTUNSc

LOL

How can I embarrass myself at a meet lads?

Guys I really might kill myself. Huge dissociation right now, mind cloudy, a lot of pain mentally.

I cant go back to the hospital they put me on watch for weeks and feed me antipsychotics that dont work.

Send help.

My first meet a lad did exactly that after his first DL pull and got an official warning. Gotta be careful of that stuff lads.

There are people who love you very much lad; if you're really feeling this way pls go to the hospital - I know it can be hard but you're going to find the help you need eventually.

>Donny Thompson drops 60+ lbs in 20 weeks
>Manages to look somewhat worse
Wew, at least he's getting his health together

Only thing you can do is go to the hospital. Try to talk to them about other treatment alternatives

Hey lad, how are you feeling right now? Are you like dazed and confused?
When I feel like this I find it really easy to distract myself and forget about my issues.

Got any video games or a TV series you wanna watch?
I know it's a temporary fix but just lay in bed and let your head clear.

Don't make decisions while you feel like this, only ever make decisions when you're happy.

You might get a few negative replies but I'm here to talk to you.

fuck OFF

Do it or don't just quit posting

You have to return to your body. Focus on your breathing, slow it down, let your thoughts pass by. You're going to be ok, nothing is changing, it's just inside of you. Don't try to stop your thoughts from happening, notice them and then let them go. You'll be ok sweety

I mean the IOC dropped the blanket ban already.

The Swedish general on /int/ was far worse a couple of years back, literally 30+ trips having irl meetups.

We have that now... Mid west meet up

was there ever any time on swedish general where it wasn't filled with 2D?

Wanna wipe that pupper's eyes desu

That's like 8 people, 4 of them trips m7

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCvHlY4hVA

SKIP TO 11:18
PUT ON HD

JUST DO IT

>should just do what feels right?
More or less. I'd start by modifying the back off blocks with variants.

Holy shit this is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Alright lads, gonna get started on my day - gotta do some errands and see if I can save my car from total death.

>8
Pretty sure it's 6.
Unless there are more mystery anons going.

No one can figure out whats wrong.

My thoughts are looping. They dont fully make sense. I keep getting urges to destroy my chest and head. I'll watch in my minds eye as I get crushed again and again. Its really strange, like someone else is thinking it for me.

I dont feel in control of my actions, even typing this its like watching someone else. I dont know whats going to happen. I think theres a tumor but I dont get taken seriously and cant afford any scans.

I dont know whats going to happen, these attacks keep happening

Couldn't remember the exact number, only knew it was less than 10

I'M NOT PRESENT
I'M A DRUG THAT MAKES YOU DREAM
I'M AN AEROSTAR
I'M A CUTLASS SUPREME

People are and will take you seriously lad. I can't help you over the Internet.
Go to somebody you trust in real life and explain the situation.

Your best bet is talking to a friend, even if it is online, and just having someone listen to you

It will be alright, it's all in your head, you'll be fine.

In the beginning there were only dank memes and SD propaganda.

>propaganda
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""propaganda""""""""""""""""""""""""""

They dont.

I say something along the lines of 'I dont feel in control' or 'my thoughts dont feel like my own anymore' and immediately they throw me on a typical antipsychotic and have my put in inpatient.

I tell them the antipsychotics dont work, but its already too late, Im 'a danger to myself' so they are legally obligated to put me on watch in an inpatient facility. If you end up there, they wont let you out unless you consent to treatment. So I have no other option but to take the pills they give, that not only dont work but you can feel them kill your mind, pure poison. And just lie your ass off until they let you out, which can still take weeks.

Its happened twice now. Ive insisted on scans before but apparently Im a purely irrational crazy person, so no one really pays attention.

Are you real or are you a /plg/ meme character?

I know its the wrong place but I dont know what to do anymore. Distracting myself as much as possible. Sorry

Propaganda does not necessarily have to be untrue.

fuck lad.
Don't go back

Lift weights, play video games, get a job and live your life, ignore the feelings just life life

Ignore them, get new friends, find people you connect with

Get a girlfriend or boyfriend or what ever
Go out and live your life, leave all that behind you

It's a manifestation of anxiety. You're not psychotic. That's why they don't work.

Why is there a shooting every other day now?

Ah okay. Yea I approve desu.

Freedom

squatted 295x2 for a PR wit my new powerlifting buddies from work

pls b kg

With anxiety you are driven by fight of flight, destructive urges and irrational thoughts are part of that.

It's "fight, flight, or freeze"

There's three responses, not two

Git gud

Whatever dude. I know dis.

>Tfw you freeze for like two hours and get fuck all done and then panic about the fact that you've got fuck all done

No you don't

I'm prescribed Xanax by my psychiatrist and in fact I have another appointment to see him on Friday

I've just come back from therapy and been on SSRIs from the age of 18.

>they
>them
Do you always talk to the same people about this?

fuck

Fuck SSRIs I ain't ever takin that shit

I don't do talk therapy anymore because I'm not responsive to it

Who was it????? >:((((

Lemme at em

Fuck off you fat sack of shit

3 attacks in Germany in one week? The mass murder in Nice, France?

im small :(((( and new to this. my first post :((

>let me at em
I wouldn't expect you to have a short temper like that

Rosie rage

I dont like it when people hurt my friends

I'm gonna bash all your friends

Why do my knees collapse despite pushing them out as hard as I can

Also when I have a heavy barbell on my back I can't seem to brace my lower abs/ hips. I don't feel it bracing but I can do it when the bar isn't on my back?

All USA's fault for being greedy about petrol and giving weapons and money to terrorist groups.

weak hamstrings. adductors and tibialis become hyperactive to help, thus your knees collapse.

you are a genetic dead end

Solution?

Do you squat in flats?

Fix your deadlift form and do more of them and deload and sit back into your squat.

>but mobeley is joe?
t. bodorio

... Strengthen your hamstrings.