Employedfags of Veeky Forums, which do you prefer?

Employedfags of Veeky Forums, which do you prefer?

Exercise before work or after work?

Prefer before work when I can find the motivation to get up early. Usually go after work though.

Before, I work in management so I do nothing physical most of the day

Usually after work. I wake up at 1 pm and go to work from 3-11. I bike in and back to get my cardio and lift before eating when I get home. Usually go to bed at 5am. Thinking about switching my sleep schedule however and waking up earlier and lifting before work.

Gym isn't open at 4am so after

after work. I get up at 6am and go to bed at 10pm to get my 8 hours of sleep. if i start going to bed earlier to workout in the am, its gonna kill the small amount of social life i have remaining.

Before.
Though I'll usually only get thirty minutes of rest before I have to go to work

After work, I'm an electrician and going before work just fucks up my work day, my arms/shoulders are sore/fatigued so pulling wire, having them above my head and hauling around shit feels awful. Don't even get me started on legs, going up and down a ladder for 8 hours after hitting legs, never again.

After. If I do it before, I'm a zombie. Also, I'll have completed the most rewarding and meaningful part of my day before 8:00 AM, and that's not very conducive to psychological well-being imo.

I rotate days and nights erry week with weekends off (sleep schedule changes over weekend) so I get to experience both working out before and after work.

I get a better workout in before work, cause 10 hour shifts on my feet kill motivation. Also, since I have a coffee right before the gym (not natty) it helps keep me up through the night.

So if you can get up in the morning to workout, I find most people have a better workout/more energetic throughout the day, and I'd recommend that.

Before work

>wake up 6am
>go to gym
>put dandruff on any machine my head touches
>every machine is free, only like 10 other people instead of 50 at night
>more energized because by the time it's 6pm I'm tired
>only have to take one shower

What do you do for work

>lifting more rewarding than working

Lol no man, take it from a NEET that would kill to be working

>machines

I prefer doing it before work, but lately I need to be to work at 5am. The gym is more crowded at work, but I have more time to do what I need to do.

Maintenance technician at a hotel. Mostly dragging around tables and setting up chairs, fixing things and installing. I also work security on weekends until 3am, but we have a gym here so I hit that up at 1am on Fri and sat

Man, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. It's nice having a job and being able to pay rent and so on, but most of what I do is hilariously pointless. Which is fine as far as it goes, it's indoors and air-conditioned and the pay is OK, but it's nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the day.

Same experience here, can't function worth a shit if I exercise before work.

>not natty
what did he mean by this?

Always after. Don't feel like getting up at 3:30, plus it gives me something to look forward to after work.

i go after, theres no way i could interrupt my sleep earlier than I have to to go to the gym. not to mention my preferred post-workout meals usually are labor- and time-intensive. at least motivation isn't a problem with my current set-up, regardless of how i feel, if I made the decision that morning to work out after work, then thats what i do

>he looks forward to lifting

I like going before work but I'm so exhausted afterwards that my day kind of drags.
I end up going after work usually with the occasional (1-2 times a week) cardio in the morning at 445am

After work, but I go to work for 7 am to 3:30 pm so I can avoid the 5 o'clock normie rush. I use it to unwind from the day.

Yeah I'm completely broke with no income and have been this way for 3 years

>he doesn't look forward to lifting

>not loving the iron

Breh you'll never make it unless you accept the gym as your gf.

Before. It fires uo my metabolism, so when all my fat coworkers bitch about """the 2 o'clock slump! Gotta get my blood sugar up!""" *scarfs down a 4th donut*, i'm still firing on all cylinders.
God DAMN I hate fat people.

That's a hell of a situation. Hope it works out well for you soon user.

I go before. Gives me motivation to wake up early and get more done with my late day. More time to relax, play vidya, and do my homework for PTA school.

I have a fairly physical job, but I prefer going to the gym after work.

Before. Prison officer.

Gets me feeling pumped and on my game, ready to get shit done.

You would kill but wouldnt fill out a job application.

Train inbetween work booooy and I love it

AT work crew checking in.

Anti Tank?

Anyone in fit a courier? Wanna know which you prefer before or after. I wanna lean towards after cause I'd pretty much have this 24hr gym to myself but some days I'll have route that will damn near have me dragging my ass home. But I feel if I did before work I'd be to tired to run my routes.

fucking rekt

Before work, but I mostly work out after when I'm mentally and physically drained because I can't wake up early enough.

Asset Protection, store. I usually do so after a shift, usually like to try on shorter shifts.

I'm terrible at waking up early as is.

>38053360
>Work a high cardio output job 8 hours minimum
>Exercise only when I know I have the rest of the day to recover OR the next day off...
>I'm not going to make it

What job?

Caffeine, adequate food, and sleep will make up for a lot. Lots of guys have gotten big and strong despite doing military PT in the mornings or working in warehouses or as landscapers or what have you.

before. im more likely to blow it off if i wait until after work.

similar work to legs AF because I bike to work also, lol.

Trying to cut right now so I have oats and protein powder in the morning with coffee, water throughout the day and coffee at lunch then more water, bike home and then have a big dinner.

>Trying to cut right now so I have oats and protein powder in the morning with coffee, water throughout the day and coffee at lunch then more water, bike home and then have a big dinner.
That's gonna make it a lot harder. Best of luck.

Gonna be going before if I get picked up by the infamous GNC.

>bike to gym
>shower at gym
>GNC is literally next door to gym
>muh convenience

Really really hoping to land the gig, applied and walked in for a follow up and the manager had me put down my info, was told to expect a call Monday/Tuesday. Walked in again today, manager was gone but I got to talk to the assistant of another store (in his place) and she highlighted my name, made her le giggle a couple times; hoping that somehow did the trick.

Wish me luck anons, I really need this. NEET life is not a NEAT life.

After, I need my sleep in the morning

i go after work around 6pm with my dad. i tried going in the morinings but cant wake up. i do cardio M-THRS and weight lift F-SUNDA. can't weight lift monday to thrusday cause its packed AF

Late night lifts master race. Gym closes at midnight so I go at 10:30pm. By then all the normies are gone too so I can go full autismo. Go to bed at midnight... Wake up 8:30 to go to work.

I exercise AT work, because my workplace has a full gym+gym classes, all free.

Tech company perks :) Get to work out on the clock too.

Same with me

Trying to change my sleep schedule so I can wake up earlier and go to the gym

After.

I work out 8:30-11:30 with stuff mixed between

After. Great way to de-stress. Also I sweat a lot after working out so if I go to work after I work out I just continue sweating buckets and it's gross.

After.

Or I'll sneak out in the afternoon, do my set, then stay later at work. Less waiting for cages that way.

Before. I get into work later so I can work out after the morning pre-work and class rush. It puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day, and I don't have to worry about being zonked in the evenings because my workout is already done.

... and there's too many people after work.

I genuinely like lifting. I'm not gonna be one of those faggots who claim to love leg day or squatting though. Fuck squats.

After, I work as a maintenance technician for a resort.
Most days I'm fixing, installing or replacing A/C (inverters), refrigerators, hot water heaters, TV's, water pumps, etc.
About an hour before my shift ends I'll take my pre-workout, 200mg Caffine and 100mg Ephedrine, by the time my shift is over I'm ready to move mountains.

Veeky Forumsizens, i'm about to start a new stocking job within a week or so, and i want to know whether i should go before or after work.
problem is, it's a midnights gig, like just before midnight and up to 7am. what's your take?

for ec stack, how important is aspirin? In what cases do you need it

Depends on a few things. Are you at your best (performance wise) when you wake up or later in the day?

I have no idea, I was told by my doctor not to use aspirin in my pre-workout.

I enjoy exercise. If I don't go before I go after. That's really all there is to it.

early. after i've had a good breakfast i am at my best.

Lifting before, cardio after.

I'd do it before work in that case, then. But you mentioned you work from 12 - 7?

So, possibly waking up at, say, 6 - 8, eating, gym, then work would be the best option.

Take this from another NEET

> would kill to be working
if that was true you'd be working

thank you, user. i'll make it the new routine.
it's also going to feel great heading to work with a nice pump. the ladies loved to drool at my last workplace. emotionally satisfying.

I do this too.

It's amazing, actually

Some times I do mornings, sometimes I do evenings.

Don't build it around work. That will fail.
Build it around the idea of "which time can I most consistently stick to" because that is one of the most important parts of training.

Your consistency will make more gains than most changes you can make to a routine

I work in the ICU as a nurse. I work from either 630 am-715pm, or 630 pm-715 am. I find it very hard to workout on work days, while still commuting, eating decently, and getting any sleep.

Appreciate the advice

Before work, that way I can keep my spirits up throughout the day without thinking

>how much longer do I have to take care of demented old folks for a living

for 8 hours.

lunch time

>working in tech
>no set hours
>2 hour lunch 1hr 20min gym, 10 min shower, 30 min free food intake
>hit microkitchen 2hr before gym for cliff bars, milk, greek yoghurt, almonds, and odwalla juice when bulking

I do both, cardio in the morning before work and lifting after work.

not gonna make it

After works best for me.

It's a great destresser and basically the final push of the day before going in full relax and comfy mode.

Both.

Well I haven't worked in 3 years, so after work I guess.

Before desu

I only work 30 hours though so I have a lot of free time

After because I dont want to wake up before 5.

I have to do it before most of the time.

but I prefer it after, jsut because I generally perform better in the evening than I do in the morning. I find it a lot harder to generate explosive power in the morning.

Squats > diddys > OHP > bench > rest

clinical research facilitator at a hospital, flex hours. usually work 7/8-3/4, and lift for the first hour of my shift. The hospital has a full fitness center and locker room/showers.

Damn, both my parents are ICU nurses