/run/ - Running General

New /run/ general. Previous thread reached bump limit.
Previous thread: (Work in progress) pastebin: pastebin.com/pjMQQ46m
Pls read and provide more I can add to make it more useful.

Good energy only.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-3yarT_h2ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's dark where I live but I wanna go run cause I ate too much rice ;(

Anyone know of a good guide to help out with food and running when you are cutting ?

ran 5k today, piss slow time but Im pretty new to running, over 20k steps in the whole day :^)

Hey guys quick question, finally got back to running consistently but now after my 5k runs I'm seeing weird shapes and shit. The best way to describe what I'm seeing is if you imagine pic related going through a zoe trope (vid related).
Is this normal or am I dying? What do you guys think?

youtu.be/-3yarT_h2ws

reminder that if you dont have hills near your area you could use parking garages instead

Are you hydrating?

Got enough salt in your body?

Are you staying cool in this weather?

Running in Melbourne so its like 10 degrees here, sodium should be good because MFP is telling me I'm hitting my goals. It might be a hydration issue, I stupidly didn't hydrate for hours before hand all I had was a coffee.

Side note, should my sweat leave literal salt on my forehead after a run?

Coffee is bad for runs
Messes up ur rythem

Sweat does contain salt, so what happens is that as the water from your sweat evaporates it leaves behind the salt crystals on your skin.

However you do need to sweat quite a bit to really see it, so combined with the other info, I'm thinking you're really dehydrated.

The dubs of truth. Coffee dehydrates you.

Caught a cold. It doesn't seem too bad, so I'll power through and go run anyways. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Just take hella vitamin C (like emergen-c) and hydrate. Running with a cold feels kind of weird in your lungs but it shouldn't be too bad.

Just ran 4k after starting running a few weeks ago.

I plan to get to 5k. Should I then keep increasing the distance or just work on improving my 5k time?

I only run to keep fit and help my lifting.

Any tips on running from responsibility Veeky Forums?

Just maintain your heart rate and increase the speed and distance if your body tries to cope

Anyone can run a 5k, just run slower

I walk, like a lot (I live in a major city plus I have a job where I'm on my feet the entire time). I usually walk around 10 miles a day, but I want to get into running. How should I go about adding running to my life? Should I start small? or can I go a little harder since I'm used to being on my feet all the time?

I got some good gel asics so I have some good support.

Can flat feet be corrected without orthotics?

run 2k and then walk the rest.
Increase the running distance over time.

The C25K plan is a good start.

I'd probably run one day just to judge how far you can run and then start C25K somewhere in the middle that seems doable at your fitness level.

Walking doesn't necessarily prepare you for running, so starting slow and easy is the best way. Helps avoid injuries which could put you on the sidelines.

Is there any benefits to HIIT? Like, if you were to choose between HIIT and steady-state cardio, what would you guys choose?

Which would you choose for fat loss? General health? Getting faster at running?

What was your time?

I would take HIIT over long distance running, because you could accidentally start burning muscle rather than fat with long distance.

You'd look pretty autistic running up and down parkings

Yeah maybe but who cares.