Veeky Forums approved anime

Anyone have any suggestions? The Pokemon go nostalgia train hit hard. I researched Pokemon Indigo League and Cowboy Bebop. I'm planning on rewatching Samurai Champloo, Neon Genesis, and Inuyasha. I've given into weebdom and after suppressing it for years it feels good to be back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rn2NtSKaFwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*Rewatched not researched

Faggot. You better be 9 years old.

It would be like a 20+ year old woman still playing with Barbie Dolls because of muh nostalgia

Grow up man child.

Free

Hajime no ippo. The Way ippo breaks out of his beta shell is very fun to watch

I'm 20 almost 21...

>One Punch Man

If you're into manga
>Berserk (Ultimate edgelord)
>All Rounder Meguru (MMA manga)
>Boys On The Run (Guy gets NTR'd then becomes a boxer)
>Teppuu (Female MMA manga)

fucking leave

Fist of the North Star is THE Veeky Forums animu/manga. It has everything: huge men beating each other, feels, huge men crying, no homo moments, and waifus. There's Jojo too, but that one drifts closer to gay.

Jojo's bizarre adventure. Best part isn't animated yet but it's still fun

I started watching that show and I've got a couple questions. First is the dub and good and second there are like 3 separate series I've found online and I have no clue which is the one everyone is talking about/watching

Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super

Watch original Berserk then copy Gut's routine

Start with the phantom blood (2012), then battle tendency, Stardust crusaders and last but not least, Diamond is unbreakable.
Shit is cash, not even joking, that anime inspired me to lift

The dub is trash. Stick with the sub. It's all one series. The order is:
Phantom Blood
Battle Tendency
Stardust Crusaders
Diamond is Unbreakable (currently airing)

Manga only
Vento Aureo
Stone Ocean
Steel Ball Run (GOAT)
Jojolion

make me

KLK

Thanks guys that clears things up. I usually like dubs so I can focus on the action more, but I'm not against subs at all. I know Cowboy has good dubs so I decided to watch it dubbed

Yeah I'm not usually anti dub but Jojo has an especially atrocious one.

Shame that's all a lot of people will know once toonami starts airing it

There are a lot of good animu out there, some I enjoyed:
- Fate (stay night isnt that good, but zero and unlimited blade works are really good, specially zero which is more mature).
- Parasyte
- Elfen Lied

Theres more, but theres a start for you breh. Dont let neckbearded basement dwellers tell you how to live your life and do what you want.

We are all gonna make it.

I still gotta hand it to toonami I though. They introduced me to anime back in 2001 and I've loved it ever since. I still remember sneaking downstairs (I was 6) to watch cowboy bebop, home movies, and samurai Champloo with my older brother. Shit was clutch.

fucking this
and this. they are the truest answers.
it is a fact that hajime no ippo inspired me to become stronger. it's also probably why i concentrate on my back and lower body so much. fuck, it's everything that the journey to being fit is about. ippo and craig are to blame for my inability to slack off at the gym and look at these clearly way too close dl'ing chicks.

>unlimited blade

Fuck that bullshit,

>some normie with plot armor can stand up to a fucking Demi god

buuuuuuuuuuuulshit

Guy who suggested Jojo here. If you liked cowboy bebop do yourself a favor and watch space dandy

Outlaw Star
Samurai X- Trust/Betrayal
Log Horizon
Silver Spoon ( If you want to feel like whatever you do it doesn't matter watch this one)

Zero is good though. Honestly, I liked UB because Saty Night was one of the first animu I watched, and I wanna ferociously rape all the women involved.

Berserk manga and the 1997 anime.

Evangelion and End of Evangelion.

OP don't even think about watching another anime until you've watched Cromartie High School.

It's short as fuck and you can finish it in an afternoon.

Make sure you don't read anything otherwise it will spoil it for you.

Also, unless you're really into Japanese culture and can fully understand the jokes, watch the English dub. It's very well made and will be more appropriate for a western/non-japanese viewer.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Pay extra close attention to all scenes with Armstrong.

Unlimited Bait Works is only good for emulating Sword Man's bulletproof will and resolve to save everyone.
I wouldn't recommend it as Veeky Forums viewing, though.

K-on, however, is always relevant.

FLCL

No 'karate no shoukoushi kohinata minoru'

Come on mang das real mma manga

All anime is Veeky Forums approved. Watching anime when you're in shape and attractive is the most alpha thing you can do.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you’d realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that’s just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It’s not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it’s also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won’t do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you’ll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

pls be pasta

Trip on jerry

>Sword Art Online
If this isn't pasta, do you have anything where the character is an androgynous young boy or a girl?

Maybe even something that doesn't have some bullshit love-story for girls?

Sorry didn't mean to highlight that part. It was selected from when I googled it.
My bad.

Initial D

I'm sorry if my thought process is too much for you. I've been in gifted and talented after school programs my entire life and as I mentioned, I've been a purveyor of anime since I was a child. I suppose you could say that my mental state is more on par with the Eastern races, not to denigrate the West in any way.

Of course it isn't hard for me to imagine what it's like growing up without anime after all. Critical thinking and different perspectives are taught in almost every anime except for the super saccharine moe animes. In fact I'd wager to say that the cognitive skills I have today are due in large part to a healthy diet of varied anime and manga that I've consumed over the years.

This.
My gains have skyrocketed after being powered by super eurobeat.

Thank god for anime. Else we wouldn't have your autistic wall of text

Well that depends entirely on your taste my friend. I happen to quite like androgynous characters myself because I would often prefer to develop romantic feelings for the main protagonist and female-led animes tend to be somewhat lacking. That's all relative though, as I'd say even the most shallow of female-led animes is on par if not much better than any of the slop called "modern cinema". However, despite my preference for androgynous characters please make no mistake: I am not a homosexual.

If you like the Mecha and action genre I would highly recommend Macross Frontier. The story is deep and rich on par with Tolkein and Asimov, and I don't say that lightly. The male main is so androgynous that he is called "Princess" by the cast.

I really don't like that kind of androgynous stuff.

I used to watch Naruto on TV when I was 14 and those episodes where they focused on girls and their stupid problems and relationships were always boring as fuck to me.

Is there something with no girls or girly stuff at all? Or at least something where they're not a main part of the show?

Seconding Fist of the north star and berserk.
Also, the original Dragon Ball is great.

Berserk
Dragon ball
Worlds strongest's Disciple

>>Boys On The Run

I thought I recognized that art style, it's made by the same dude who did I Am A Hero. Fucking love that manga.

>Rurouni Kenshin
>Yu Yu Hakusho
>Outlaw Star

Watched these shows religiously as a child. The first Mobile Suit Gundam was alright, but all the other Gundam Wing shows afterwards were total trash.

the animation in space dandy is amazing and shinichiro watanabe (cowboy bebop, samurai champloo) worked on it.
i would also recommend gintama because it's hilarious and the characters arent bitches

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

in b4 everything. It's still great.

Haikyuu

OP YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH TIME TO DOWNLOAD IT AND WATCH IT ENTIRELY BY NOW.

Did you like it?
And why specifically is it your favourite anime?

>Volleyball

Literally a women's sport.

Alright I'll post 5.
1/5 : My Hero Academia

/thread.

2/5 : Rainbow Nisha rokubou no Shichinin

He's also done Ressentiment.

Not really Veeky Forums related but it's essentially a manga version of 'Her' so if you're into that kinda stuff give it a go.

Hanazawa's really good at making the reader sympathize with the protagonist despite them being a total piece of shit.

recommending this, it's so fucking good, seriously immediately became one of my favorite series after watching like 6 episodes

3/5 Parasyte

Toriko (the manga). It teaches you the importance of bulking

4/5 Seven Deadly Sins

I like moe.

5/5 : Yowamushi Pedal.

Ping Pong

This one is fantastic. Very touching characters and awesome artstyle + soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=rn2NtSKaFwY

try saying that after watching the show

also good

also it gets more Veeky Forums as it goes on but hunter x hunter is my favorite animu so i'd recommend it

Honestly sports anime are generally uplifting and a great Veeky Forums watch.

One of my all time favourite is Gintama though, funny as fuck.

Some japanese drawing boys doing a women's sport doesn't make the sport less feminine.

marko?

Anime is a cheat meal for your eyes. Watch in moderation interspaced by studying and news.

This, mostly because it's just really good.

Also, Berserk.
Seriously. Guts is the manliest, most inspiring character in Nip fiction IMO.

The manga, by the way, not the show.
The 1997 version was alright, but ends right when everything starts to get surreal and magical (which is when it gets really good). Until then it’s a story about medieval warfare and comradery.
The 2016 version that started airing in the last month is cancer.

Might start a rerun of samurai champloo today op. Thanks for reminding me. Good shit.

OP here I'm sorry I will tonight.... I have organic chemistry classes so I have to go to bed before 2 ish to get up at 7:30 eastern time. Good news is that I have an A in the class. I'll watch the series tonight though.

Alright good luck user.

I refuse to believe there's anyone on Veeky Forums who isn't watching Cheer Boys

>tfw his drawing is slowly showing the toll on Guts' body
I hope he gets a Griffith like rebirth to slaughter everyone who wronged him.

Vagabond. Tells the adventures of one of the best warriors in japan history. Also, great for learning some japanese culture.

>that anime inspired me to lift
My nigga, same. Glad I'm not the only autist.

>tfw JoJo quads

You're alright

Pic related

Ultimate comfy

No
Too cliché
The whole point is suffering makes you stronger and getting power any other way is cheating.
How you do matters just as much, if not more, than what you do.

Christ.
I guess I'm glad nobody's cosplaying as narume in that pic?

K-On!, Love Live!, Gochiusa and other kawaii animes, there is absolutely nothing more heterossexual and test gaining than watching cute girls doing cute things.

Aria

>2016
>watching chinese cartoons for the plot or for the 'manliness'

Jesus pleb central

true that famalam
>Berserk is just an allegory for steroid use (Grifith) vs natty (Guts)

Only person with proper taste itt

>there is absolutely nothing more heterossexual than watching cute girls doing cute things
I agree.
It's an activity that's 100% suitable for heterosexual girls under the age of 16.
Very heterosexual thing to do user.

Just about anything Shounen gets the blood pumping.

What is with all this shit taste. Jesus it's like I'm on facebook. Not even MAL has this much of shit taste

projecting: the post 2016