Does your dad lift, Veeky Forums?

Does your dad lift, Veeky Forums?

yes.

No. He's a retired E9 who's getting fat as fuck.

But I think that's typical for a lot of military guys.

See: Larry Vickers. Then again, that guy kinda deserves to get fat for being undoubtedly a 100% bad ass.

No, dad is fat asshole.
My goal is to be his opposite in every way.

Yes. He's the one who got me into lifting

Nah, but he is a hardworker. Worked double jobs to provide for the family and even moved to another city for a business he owns and comes back during the weekend. He recently fell from a ladder and fucked up his hip and arm. Looks like he will never be 100% again on the right side. But he did do physical therapy, so I don't know if that counts

My dad was a powerlifter in the 80s, he is a gorilla of a man who terrified me as a child because his arms were nearly as big as my entire body.

It's pretty sad looking at him now getting fat with his white hair, but damn those arms are huge.

no, he's a fat beta guy that had to leave the country and marry a foreign women

he did but he was a faget curlbro
just curious, how old are you. How old is your dad?

my dad is 56 and smokes weed everyday. he used to do curls and pull ups in our basement but he hasn't in awhile. he's skinny as a rail anyways

it's pretty weird how much i got into weight lifting with my upbringing

He apparently has been hitting the gym more recently (he was diagnosed with diabetes and stopped eating bad food and lost a decent amount of weight so he's overall doing a lot better). That being said, he mostly hits machines, and mostly the treadmill at that, so I guess the answer would be no.

My grandfather on the other hand used to lift a bunch before his health got considerably worse.

Yup. Outlifts me too I'm afraid.

My dad was Chad for most of his life but only four years got into lifting. He did surf a lot though, still does I think.

story?

He does, in fact he has since he was young.

He's 70 and looks like he's in his late 50s. Great inspiration.

he was in the army and is really short. I think like 5'5" and wears lifts and newbalance shoes.

he went overseas in the military and married a woman and she didn't even really speak english. Now she does and here I am.

he's a nice guy but he's so beta.

When I was in military before I got kicked out for health there was a bunch of e9s still in shape.

E9 is extremely impressive man.

Why aren't you in military?

No. He ded.

Yeah, he lifts heavier than me but he never trains legs

Nah, he was never big into lifting, but he sure was a good runner ;_;

he's 83 and he still cycles, swims, does weights.
was doing hill sprints until a few years ago.

No

Yeah he does. I'm really glad I have his genetics hahaha.

You know what, I am really beginning to be confident with myself again, here is me from two days ago. Thoughts OP?

Nah my dad is fat. He inspired me to start getting fit when I was 17 by waving his blob of a stomach at me mockingly telling me,"THIS IS YOUR FUTRE BOY!"

hell if I know

It's a long story.

I'm a piece of shit, lets just put it that way. I was obese for my teenage years and now 23. I lost a lot of weight and now at 15% BF @ 160 pounds 5' 9".

Still cutting until I'm 10% and going to slow bulk. Still have military service in the back of my head, honestly want to go 18X in the US Army, but I know that's just a pipe dream; if I have self-doubt already, not going to cut it anyway.

My father didn't want me to join ever.

If he did, it would be a deadlift.
Because he's dead.
Dad is ded.

He does some pushups, pullups, crunches and curls at home. He's in good shape for a 50-year-old, but he used to be in better shape when he was younger. He was SWAT back then and he worked out more seriously.

Does being fat while young stop you from growing? I've found that a lot of my fat friends from HS were really short. Only one of them is above 6'. There's this ginger guy who's like 5'4" and he was at least 300lbs in ninth grade.

no clue, tbqh, my father is 5' 9", mom is 5' exact, thank god I didn't end up shorter

from my anecdotal experiences, I had a lot of fat fraternity brothers who were over 6' tall

My dad lifted a lot when he was my age and started to lift again a few years ago

I am a fat fuck but started lifting ~4 months ago and already caught up to him in squats because of my strong legs

He is pretty proud, feels good man

My dad was 6' when he was younger, I'm only 5'11.5". And my younger brother somehow got passed that threshold and has like 24" shoulders with no muscle.

When we were like 11 & 12, he was developing faster than I was. So maybe I'm just lagging behind for some reason. It sure does make me feel like I've been cheated by the gains gods.

holy crap, 24" shoulders without gains?

and I thought I was blessed by the genetic gods for having 20" without lifting

I'm jelly.

You never know man, I've met people who got growth spurts at 18, you could be one of those lucky ones.

I'm 23, so I'm screwed.

Dads can be older than 55? Thought 55 is the natty limit.

>dead dads society

my dog lifts

I wish he did,but this cunt wear thight pants,i'm happy that i have my grandpa's body.

No. He went out to get a lottery ticket. Bet he won cuz i havent seen him since, it was 7 years ago..

My father is a fucking disgrace, and he embarasses me every time I want to go lift with him. He's a 50-odd old communist who thinks that you need to do a certain amount of cardio for it to "work", that free weights are worse than machines and that going to the gym twice a week is excessive.

When I was a kid I weighed over 200lbs, and was embarrassed to go to the gym alone. Now I'm embarrassed to go with him. I'll pump out my sets and he'll have been waiting for twenty minutes by the water cooler because his faggoty little bike ride to nowhere finished and he's tired.

He told me recently he "never really got into the whole weightlifting thing, [and wanted] to stay toned". He's like a 22 year old granola munching cardio bunny trapped in the body of a sad old man.

Every time I come home I dream on the train that he'll want to finally hit the barbell and actually gain some quality muscle which might see him off into his autumn years, but no. Instead he just stares at his 22 investment banker son lifting 215kg off the floor whilst tutting under his crooked teeth.

I hope that when he's old and decrepit, he has a dementia episode and believes he's young again. Then, when he goes to lift a plate off the rack it crushes his old, decaying ribs and pins him to the ground. As as he lies there, shit piss and blood pooling on the reinforced rubber floor, he comes to the fatal realisation that he's a fucking cuck.

Fuck you dad.

What the fuck

No but I am a father and I lift.

He used to when I was a kid. In fact alot of the shit in my homegym is his old equipment. These days, he goes Veeky Forums off and on whenever he feels like he's getting too fat.

Kek

>dad lifts as a teen
>has multiple qt blonde gfs
>stops lifting when he met the ultimate gains goblin aka my mom
>is fat now, mom won't let him get back into lifting
I distinctly remember him flexing for me as a kid and I was in awe how solid his arm became. Remember guys never get married.

same here
my dad is fuckin lazy idiot, it almost hurts to hear is excuses about everything
once we had great dialogue:
> user my doctor says i got high blood pressure and cholesterol, what can i do to lower it?
well eat less shitty food, dont drink those sodas all the time and exercise sometimes, i said
> yea? thats it? what about some pills?
if you wont eat healthy, pills wont help it
> huh? and what am i supposed to eat? some vegetables like rabbit? no thanks i want some real meat!
i am not tellin you that cant eat meat, but not deep fried with defrozen fries every evening and some fastfood for lunch
> hm, anyway, i read on the internet that those problem are primarily genetic
well, grandaddy is 82 and has lower blood pressure than you
> but he does nothing all day! and i gotta work
but he worked all his life, and even now he spends more time exercising than you - everyday hes cycling to garden and back, at least its something for him
> yea but i ride too
rly? two times around the lake, thats not even 3 km, so slow that its almost walking pace, and after that you go to the pub for some beers, yea thats damn hard work, dad
> ha? and what about you? you in school all day!
yea, but i got part time jobs along the week, and going to gym and for run on some day, you know
> oh and running is better than cycling you say?
it doesnt matter, you need to do some cardio to train your heart and breathing
> i got my work for cardio!!!
fuck it. you dont have to do anything, in the end, its your problems. take some pills from your doctor and hope it will sort things out.

he works as plumber, and isnt very good at it. also its not so physically demanding job (the way he does it). he never worked out, never eaten healthy, and always freaked out, when someone pointed that out. we argued a lot, few years ago we stopped talking to each other completely. he moved to other town, got married again, and what i heard, is happy now, surrounded by lazy people from his new family

Why the fuck would anyone care about somebody else's dad lifting?

He used to. Now he sits around the house, says he should start working out again and that he will this weekend, then destroys a bag of chips or a rub of ice cream and decides against it. It's a shame, he used to love it and tried getting me into it when I was really young, but I never really was into it until I rediscovered it myself. I've tried helping him back into it, and eating healthy, but since he lost his job he just does stuff around the house and eats shitty food.

no but he swam across the lake at age 60 unlike you, you fat nocardio piece of shit

Nope. He just fishes, drinks shitty beer, and sits around unemplyed all day. I hate him.

Used to, now he lives to work. I'm trying to convince him to get back into the gym, and he's starting to listen. We went for a one mile run last night.

He used to compete back when he was young, actually won a few comps.

Hasn't lifted seriously in decades, though he does some basic training on a "total gym 2000" or something like that, and still has a physical job, he still has massive arms and chest, though covered by more fat.

I'm trying to get him back into fitness, its slowly getting there.

Dad was a powerlifter prior to his hernia surgery, but after a few months of him getting the surgery, he got arrested and spent 11 years in jail. Hopped on antidepressants and weight went up and down, but fairly certain he didn't do much lifting while locked up.

Yeah he does strongman shit

I wish he would, he has the potential to be the most shredded looking guy in the family.

About halfway through this conversation, it should have become clear that your dad just wanted to you to say what he wants to hear and didn't care for constructive criticisms a la his numerous excuses. iktf user, my dad's the same way

My dad might have lifted weights when he was younger but doesn't anymore

He's a turbo Manlet at like 5'7ish and is still decently fit from playing softball and working but he is a small dude

>Tfw your dad was a bad role model

yeah 6 times a week

6'4
~220 pounds
12%