What do you think of tattoos?

Go on. Be honest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GL6-56us-zU
riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2010/01/14/new-study-heavily-tattooed-people-are-more-prone-to-deviant-behavior
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

alfalfa as fuck

Stupid shit that people eventually regret no matter how meaningful you thought it was at the time. I prefer not to draw graffiti on my skin that will never come out.

If anything just do henna so it goes away eventually

I could never commit to liking a piece of art for the reat of my life.

Any self-expression or embodiment of my feelings would provably be met with regret.
The person i was 10 years ago was cringe as fuck. I hope to continue evolving as an individual.

I like girls with """sacred geometry""" tattoos, as they almost always have experience with DMT and are interesting people, if a tad hippy

A sign of an immature, attention-seeking mind.

They are a good marker of low self-steem. Works marvels to find easy pussy.

>No catgirls
You fucked up senpai desu

What if you see it more as a relic of your former self?

It's more than just ink, it's imbued with memories. No matter what it looks like or supposedly represents.

Those are called photographs. I don't need permanent scars to commemorate some moment in life that will seem trivial in 10 years.

I don't mean that you should get a tattoo because you went to disneyland. I'm talking bigger scale, like an era of your life that shaped who you are.

If I feel like making a statement or displaying things I like at the time or whatever, I'll wear a shirt. Or a hat, or anything that isn't permanently etched into my skin. I don't want to feel like I'm forced to continue liking something just because I had the brilliant idea to brand myself with it.

As far as other people's tattoos go, they're mostly shit. Little icon shit tattoos like what Bieber or Miley have look stupid, and big multicolored sleeves and shit honestly look like disease. There are definitely nice tattoos out there, but most people are content with probably the first garbage idea that pops into their heads.

I like being tattooed. I am 40, been tattooed since I was 20. My only regret is running out of space to get more. Good spots all already taken, having to think of smaller things to go other places.

I don't even know how many I have. Most of them don't hold any deep, significance, but I do like each one for one reason or another. I plan on getting more done.

Regrets? Not really. I've got nothing on my head or face, which I will not do. Some tattoos I have I don't know if I would get now. I think sometimes I would not, but then I think that is because I already have them and want something new, so maybe I would get them now if I had never had them already.

I work for a private company, owned by a friend. It is no problem for me to have a job, and I have a university degree too. I forget sometimes that tattoos are a "big deal" to some people, and even forget that I have them until someone remarks on it. Having gone through it so many times, and knowing so many people who have them, it seems strange to me that anybody would care. The only people who seem to care about it are people who never have one. They say crazy things about why people must get them, or make up what our lives must be like and it is always bad. I think they are strange for making things up about what I must think or why I do something. It is not a big deal to me, it is a big deal to them. They think I am either crazy, or desperate for attention, but I just like to get tattoos like some people like to collect comics or whatever.

It is like weight lifting and wanting big muscles. People say all the time "oh he must be compensating for little penis" or "he must have been bullied as a child" or whatever, because they cannot think of someone doing something to make themselves happy that has nothing to do with what other people think.

tl;dr I like them. I need more.

Again photos. I can look back at pictures I took with friends when I was 16 and recall all the shit that took place and the people I'm no longer in contact with. I don't see how some pretentious quote over a butterfly or an ironic cartoon are any better.

I'm 20 and I've been wanting to get one for about 12 months but I want to get big before getting anything.
I might start with a small tattoo but I honestly would love to get a big chunk of my body tattooed.

Looks good & makes you interesting. 11/10 would get

Cool blogpost bro, but it needs more dragons

Used to like them before lifting, got a leg tattoo, now I hate them as I view my body to look more aesthetic without them, I feel they take away from the vascularity, striations etc

Mark of the XIII Legion on my right bicep. No other tats for me.

Yes getting a tattoo is never neccessary. I'm just arguing that for some people it can hold meaning and that's a valid reason to get them in my opinion.

Obviously you don't want a tattoo and that's fine but I don't see why people are so against other people having them. Or assume that they do it for bad reasons.

I almost never take pictures by the way, so a tattoo would be better than nothing in that regard.

tattoos are cool, but I feel that a lot of people use them instead of developing a personality.

Guys who get em are typically loud mouthed wannabe alphas who are actually just loud mouthed betas and think being loud is being alpha when being loud is being a faggot. There are like 2 guys in my gyms who are not faggots, that's me and another guy who coincidently don't have any tattoos because we're not faggots.

>I'm 20
Please shut the fuck up.

The original question was how do you feel about tattoos. That's my answer. It applies to me but I feel the same about other people's. Do what you will though. My preferences don't have any bearing on you.

Never speak about tattoos on Veeky Forums. It's autism land and most think going outside is a meme.

Yes, I was just curious about your thoughts on it. Thanks for the answers.

>What if you see it more as a relic of your former self?

It is going to be an immediate reminder of your old tastes, values or judgements, which you've since rejected because they have all evolved. Why would you need a reminder of the things that you no longer agree with to be permanent and on your body? You have photos, journal entries, memories, etc. for that. And because you don't agree with those tastes, it's not likely that you'll look them up with fondness. So the idea of having them on your skin where you can't even escape them is just terrible.

>Looks good & makes you interesting.

They don't. The fact that you have a need to look interesting is proof positive that you're not interesting enough on your own to hold someone's attention. Which is why most people with a lot of tattoos are pretty uninteresting and live mundane lives. The fact that your couldn't generate enough brain power to perceive that logical corollary again just illustrates the point. If you're that dense, how interesting could you be as a conversationalist?

This guy gets it. EVERYONE has a tattoo now and for the dumbest of fucking reasons.
>NERD CULTURE
>HORROR ICONS
>FUCKING CURSIVE WRITING ON THEIR SIDE

This guy has it right, tattoos only seem to be a big deal to people who don't have any.

>This guy has it right, tattoos only seem to be a big deal to people who don't have any.

The same can be said of criminal records.

Pretty sure it means a lot to them.
For jobs and such so they don't have to resort to illegal activities. But then they could get more tattoos to remember their criminal activities.

Also you're a child.

That's a dumb parallel and you know that.

To be fair, I think that's going under the assumption that you've not only changed significantly, but that you wholeheartedly reject who you were before. I can say with 100% certainty that the tattoos I wanted 5 years ago I still want today, and I'm a very different person than I was then.

I think they're terrible as fuck and detract from the aesthetics

You know what, I am really beginning to be confident with myself again mainly because I haven't got tattoos, here is me from two days ago. Thoughts OP?

I've thought about it. The parallel holds. Negative features are always more subject to judgement than positive features. People don't care if you don't have a criminal record. Why? It's because you're *not supposed* to have a criminal record. Same thing with tattoos.

Ur beautiful in ur nakedness :)

That's a fair enough qualification. Glad you're still happy with your tats

>Also you're a child.

Name calling? How mature.

thanks bro

Calling everyone who has tattoos criminals.
Cries about name calling.
Not a child.

K den buddyboy

Wouldn't get one myself but I think they sometimes look cool on others.

>Calling everyone who has tattoos criminals.
I didn't. Maybe your mind isn't subtle enough to pick up the point.

>Cries about name calling.
I merely observed an irony. And I'm observing it yet again. Calling someone a child or accusing them of crying when they are clearly not only reveals yourself to be emotionally compromised. You need to work on self-awareness.

>Not a child.
Correct. Will you resume your name calling now to further demonstrate your maturity? Like I said, self-awareness, work on it.

Or herpes

I think threads about them are a good way to spot normies

>on men
it depends
>on women
depends but 9/10 it's a redflag
youtube.com/watch?v=GL6-56us-zU

I don't have any, and I probably never will. I think they can look good on girls though and I wouldn't mind if a girl I was going out with had some tattoos, as long as it isn't excessive

Kek

I won't get some right away, mainly because I'm about to become a corporate lawyer and my body is shapely enough that I don't want to spoil it with anything. However, when I'm getting 40-50, my aesthetics begin to fade, but my skin is not wrinkly yet, I will start to get tattoos. Old people with tattoos look awesome, and at that point in my life I probably dgaf because I'll either be so successful that I won't have to care about people's opinions or so unsuccessful that I won't have to care about people's opinions.

>Old people with tattoos look awesome

But...your skin will begin to wrinkle. They're only going to look bad sooner. Might as well get them now to enjoy them for as long as possible. Just my opinion.

The only possible worry is that as a corporate lawyer, you're going to be running within a certain social stratum and the women in it - your pool of prospective girlfriends/wife - may not be as open minded about them as other women.

>a good way to spot normies
>on an anonymous image board

Not sure what you would do with that information.

I've never seen a good looking person with tattoos who would not look better without them.

Tattoos only look "good" on people who look like shit because it hides their flaws.

I guess it depends on the type of tattoo you get. intricate pictures of people or items may look odd when the skin wrinkles. however, abstract designs, geometric shapes and such continue to look fantastic, I even think that the distortion through the wrinkling skin adds to the unique style of such a tattoo.

you might be right with the gf thing (although I have to say that many law/business girls LOVE to break out of the routine and date the oddest guys), but it's hopefully not going to be a problem for me - I already have a gf that I live with and hope to marry after law school.

I've noticed that people are really fucking autistic about tattoos because they see a way that they can safely stroke their ego and feel superior to someone. Then they come up with all sorts of justifications for their ego stroking so they don't have to deal with the fact that they're acting like an autistic dickhead.
Then again, people go full autismo about all sorts of dumb shit that isn't their business, so maybe I'm the autist.
Don't know why people don't get you do you and I'll do me.

IMO, the best tattoos accentuate the body.

>What if you see it more as a relic of your former self?
Then you don't need to get it permanently inscribed into your present self.

>muh personal meaning
Is horseshit when you consider that tattoos are a way of extrapersonally announcing your """"""uniqueness""""""

It's actually a very real parallel.
riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2010/01/14/new-study-heavily-tattooed-people-are-more-prone-to-deviant-behavior

>Tattoos are popular in deviant cultures
>Tattooed people tend to engage in deviant behaviour
Weird, huh?

Doesn't mean a normie who gets tattoos is suddenly gonna develop a heroin addiction and start fucking men with reckless abandon.

>riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2010/01/14/new-study-heavily-tattooed-people-are-more-prone-to-deviant-behavior

Essentially that study says "People with tattoos drink more, fight more, and fuck more."

I do not see the problem here.

My former self is a cringeworthy fag.

to be fair, I think this guy would look a lot better without the tattoos. I think a well-shaped body looks best without tattoos. skeletors, however, might benefit from tattoos.

However, I have an sunsightly discoloring under my right nipple, a relic from a rash I once had. I have been considering tattooing over it for a long time.

Tattoos are a great sign of poor decision making.

It looks fucking ridiculous 100% of the time

90% of them look like shit and the people who have them suck.

Getting one on my back to cover up this horrible acne scarring

Helped me survive in prison

i don't. i don't think about tattoos.

>I like cutting. I am 40, been cutting since I was 20. My only regret is running out of space to cut more. Good spots all already taken, having to think of smaller cuts to go other places.
>I don't even know how many I have. Most of the scars don't hold any deep, significance, but I do like each one for one reason or another. I plan on cutting more.
>Regrets? Not really. I've got no cuts on my head or face, which I will not do. Some cuts I have I don't know if I would cut now. I think sometimes I would not, but then I think that is because I already have them and want something new, so maybe I would cut them now if I had never had them already.
>I work for a private company, owned by a friend. It is no problem for me to have a job, and I have a university degree too. I forget sometimes that cutting is a "big deal" to some people, and even forget that I have scars until someone remarks on it. Having gone through it so many times, and knowing so many people who have scars, it seems strange to me that anybody would care. The only people who seem to care about it are people who never have one. They say crazy things about why people must get them, or make up what our lives must be like and it is always bad. I think they are strange for making things up about what I must think or why I do something. It is not a big deal to me, it is a big deal to them. They think I am either crazy, or desperate for attention, but I just like to cut myself like some people like to collect comics or whatever.
>It is like weight lifting and wanting big muscles. People say all the time "oh he must be compensating for little penis" or "he must have been bullied as a child" or whatever, because they cannot think of someone doing something to make themselves happy that has nothing to do with what other people think.
>tl;dr I like scars. I need more.

>asking people what they think of something YOU put on YOUR body forever.

c'mon man.

I think you tried to make fun of the other guy, but it kind of doesn't work. It still makes kind of sense. Why would I care what other people put on their body? If it's an intern at my firm and he has contact with clients then of course it must be invisible. But apart from that, what reason would I have to care about him having that, if he likes it?

Furthermore, if I wanted it, why should I care about what other people think about it? There'll be people who dislike it when I go to the beach, and some people will think it's cool. So I'd have to be aware that I'll polarize more. But that's usually a good thing, as long as you're not pathologially shy.

tl;dr don't give a fuck about it either way, as long as it doesn't interfere with professional life it shouldn't be of concern to anyone.

>deviant behavior
>everything listed is alpha as fuck
>there's a five-fold increase in having had nine or more sex partners in the last year
So there is a coalition between having tattoos and not being a little bitch.
Man it's the same every thread, perma virgins are the only ones against having tattoos.

I think gyno

Don't start small. Of all the people I met that regret their first tattoo, 100% of them get something small and stupid to "test the waters."

disgusting tattoos

Listen to this user
If you're going to get a tattoo.
Take your time, think of something original or creative, pay an artist to render your idea if you have time (I did, not expensive). More than anything find the right tattoo artist, each one is different and specializes in their own area.
Some guys do realism better than others, some have an eye for colors more than others.
Look through their work and find the guy who fits your tattoo.
Don't let your tattoo fit into the artist you choose.

I honestly don't give a fuck what people do with their bodies as long as is doesnt infringe on someone elses rights.

Get tatt'd up. Sometimes they look good, sometimes they look like shit.

I personally have none but I nearly got one awhile back. drew up a little king snake to ride on my shoulder.

might still get it one day.

who is she?!

>username tagged in the picture

Are you actually retarded?

my former self is a fucking idiot. I hope in 10 years I've outgrown my 2016 self as well.

I dont need my mistakes haunting me every time I take my shirt off.

some of them are illegal in the united kingdom...

for poor people