/owg/ olympic weightlifting general

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Commisar's notes on the Meme Method
>pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SW1IHQzua6k
youtu.be/AXcRFBFuo-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, though it will most likely fall on deaf ears, many people dislike the blueshoes and Loli shitposts. The quality of the general has really decreased lately, let's change that.

Blueshoes we get it you wanna be seen and heard, but your not taken seriously, it's not funny.

Also this isnt /lg/ Loli general, have them as the image but don't have, the entire thread be some Loli roleplay.

So yeah can we get back to the old /owg/ with good questions and answers as well as interesting info.

1st for i like cock

lu will bomb in rio
dubs confirm

ok

this, I stopped taking /owg/ seriously because I thought it had become a cesspit for cancerous tripfaggots to circlejerk over post-post-ironic loli-posting

i honestly dont even know who the fuck these people are

I miss trappy ;_;

how heavy do my lifts have to be before I am allowed to start training oly?

you can start training olympic weightlifting movements whenever you want, you dont need a specific strength level to begin

you might be well off doing a strength program along side bar work for a while, prob not a year though that's just silly :^ )

if whoever would just give me their steam or something it wouldnt be in the general

nice try lmao

thank commie.

?????????????????????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

>tfw wechat/owg/plg have been so slow since trappy left

plz come back ;'(

Bump
I'd appreciate any help

Thank God desu

4u

nothing but shit lifts this week lads. Feeling kinda bummed. Couldn't make my targeted snatches today, and missed lots of CnJs yesterday. I'm going on travel for work next week, so I won't be able to do any of the classics.

On a positive note, I hit a 142 kg fs double.

I hit heavy singles twice a week, is that too much? Should I space it out more?

yeah bro do it twice a year or your tendons fall out of bones and shit. it real bad

Damn dude that's intense!! I guess I'll stop lifting all together!

maybe you have not good enough recovery
it's not necessarily bad

Is bulg heavy singles everyday?

that's kind of vague but answering no wouldnt be quite right

hmmm, I've been getting 8 hrs of sleep every night and have been eating enough, so idk. I think recovery is fine, my tech has felt off all week. My hands are also kinda fucked up atm, two of my calluses ripped off on Saturday, so I've been dealing with not trying to fuck them up any further

could be lack of deload depending on your training level

shieet I just did a deload two weeks ago.

I've been essentially going to 100% and attempting higher every Monday Wednesday for the last 2~ weeks. I'm quite happy with the results I'm getting with it

I was told Bulgarian style was essentially a max out everyday. Depending on how beat up your body was your daily max was different

stop the illegal posting of lolis right now!

how can I bring up my lagging upper body? I want to get into weightlifting from a background in cycling. I can squat lmao2.5pl8 no problem, but my ohp is like bar+25's. wat do? I also don't want to stop squatting, because cycling will still be my main focus

weightlifting upperbody strength is static strength which means your OHP being small isn't that big of a deal

if you do a normal routine it shouldn't be an issue since it'll more than likely take you longer to learn the lifts properly than it will for your lack of upper body strength to become an issue

to answer your question though:
do more upperbody lifts

>wants to start weightlifting
>"I won't be willing to stop squatting though"

R u a fucking retard m8?

me too.. these day Veeky Forums is so f slow

my front squat skyrocketed as soon as i started doing heavy deadlifts, went from 140kgx1 to 150kgx2 in 1 month.
why the fuck owg always told me not to deadlift?

Yeah sounds good

I'd expect higher results to come the day after my light day but normally it just happens whenever
that's not a loli that's my wife

you probably had a weak posterior chain duh

it's better for wlers to do more specific pulls than deadlift

What do yall think of LSUS for intermediate strength ppl, but beginners to WL?
It only has hang sn on tues. and hang cleans on thurs. and 80%-90% singles on sat. and that is all the classic lift work

Not for you.

Pent can you dump me some info on 3x a week training? I can't train more due to work so I just have to live with it, but I want to make the most of my limited gym time.

first time back from a month off lifting
spent 24 hours in transit and on planes yesterday so I'm gonna be really stiff and gotta watch out for my back

also trialling bronkaid + coffee because I want to see what a minor EC stack looks like for a week

under the circumstances, does anyone have any suggestions for GPP? I was thinking something like this (all setxrep just examples)
sn 4x2
squat 5x3
chins 5x10
klok press 5x10
back ext 3x15
erg 1500m

CLARENCE

youtube.com/watch?v=SW1IHQzua6k

i dont know what to say

Fuck off /u/adraffy

Sedov must be feeling so stupid today

Ivanov just got popped too lmao

Guys I get a rash on my thighs from brushing with the barbell. I think the bar pulls on the hair on my tighs. What do? Shave?
Just recently switched to shorts, will it get better?

ty user
I'll be squatting like 3x a week, can't I do upper body the other days?
dude what

>Just recently switched to shorts

what the fuck were you wearing b4? briefs. thongs? what the fuck

Get used to it

Sorry.shouldve been
> Just recently switched to shorter tight shorts
I was just using whatever sport shorts I had laying around before.
I guess I'll just do what said

>everybody mirin throughout the vid

I was watching the people squat with shit form more than I was watching clarence lol. had to watch it twice.

>my wife
how many wife are you planning to have

mashiro is my only wife but i'm good to the other girls B^)

gf wants to start doing more olympic and power stuff. ive personally played with the lifts hitting 80/100 at a weight of 73 kg. i know this is nothing special, but i digress.

im starting her off with a simple 3 day a week routine using dumbell and barbell olympic lifts. pls rate, lmk if this is a good start:

monday:
one arm dumbell snatch 4x4
barbell snatch pulls 5x3
front squat 5x3

wednesday:
one arm dumbell clean 4x4
barbell clean pulls 5x3
back squat 5x3

Friday:
practice snatch and cleans with barbell (every week ill take her through a progression, allow her to get 'good' at snatches/cleans form the hips, then knees, then eventually full)
push presses 10x1
pullups 3x10

your planning to have girls on the side? thats cheating!

what did we say to you two about loli posting at the start of the thread.

:s

he should just give me his steam

>pretends to not bully lolis
>cheats on them instead
you dirty hypocritical pervert I knew you liked to abuse them.

sorry sir, i will start posting relevant pictures now

You may only reply to this post if your country has won a gold medal in weightlifting at the olympics within the last 10 years. Not so fast RUS and KAZ.

Fuck off durkz.

God fucking damn it's actually hard being the best country on earth.

We just cuck the living shit out of everybody without even meaning to.

Every time I post on a board that shows flags people get so assblasted when they see my alpha Canadian flag.

It's like, I'm not trying to make you mad, I'm just way better than you, sorry.

are pic related a huge meme or legit?

they're good shoes, but unreasonably expensive and thus not worth it is what I heard

>no sizes over US 10 except custom
fug. yep.

what are some good budget friendly competion/ training style bumper plates?

So i've been struggling with the links and sites and whatnot provided but I just cant seem to come across a simple begginers routine explaining at what weight I should start, how much should I increase at what pace and what days and excersises to do in said days.

Could anyone help me out?

For snatch and clean and jerk you should do a period of just the bar or drills for technique

and while you are doing that you can do a strength program seperately

????????????

I made this

that's what i said

Canada is the biggest cuck country in the world and it's a police state filmed with tumblr femnazis male feminists female to male transitions and mental illnesses abound. Not to mention Ontario is the cuck capital of the world. You should be disgusted you live in such a pussy country.

@deliugee

What equipment do they use in china, zkc or dhs?

first time back lifting in a month
40kg snatch felt heavy
60kg form breakdown
couldn't even OHP 70 for 5
end my life senpaitachi

all kinds
in shandong they had zkc and dhs, as well as a local company taishan
in shanghai they had zkc, but most of the plates are from a local company called china botou
so nothing specific
it's all equipment after all
nat team has a mix of different iwf approved, from eleiko to zkc to dhs to locals
really doesn't matter what you use as long as it's useable

Thanks was asking because im looking for some equipment and with all the volume their discs take, I assume theyll hold up well.

Im looking at dhs, zkc againfaster, getrxd, basically any comp/training bumper plate that will hold up and not demolish my wallet.
thanks again

dhs are nice
apparently the zkc plates aren't that great in the long run but the bars are nice

also don't use the volume to determine the durability of the equipment, if they're a government sponsored team they can just buy new equipment when it breaks

if i were you i'd get a nice bar then a bunch of cheap training plates

I am looking into getting the again faster competition bar, its 20kg, iwf spec, 10 needle bearings, 264k psi. (300usd shipped) ...... Thoughts?
I'd buy eleiko, but $1049.00 for comp and $870 for training. :(

Disc wise I'd like something that'll hold up and is worth while. Steel hub, IWF spec.thoughts?

Reccomendations?thx

How do I gain shoulder flexibility/mobility?

nightmare mode: WITHOUT fucking up my shoulder

even god damn fucking SHOULDER DISLOCATIONS made my right shoulder hurt like an absolute bitch, and that's like the most elementary stretch in existence
at this point I feel like I'm fated to never properly be able to snatch

help

If I never do snatches, is there a reason to do snatch grip deadlift over conventional and/or clean grip deadlift?

start small and work up slowly, dont rush into too narrow on shoulder dislocate

do this too

good for upper back strength

Canada won gold in the last 10 years?

t. assblasted amerifat looking up at the greatest country on earth

LSUS is for advanced lifters like Kendrick who already have a base of both technique and strength. While strength and hypertrophy should be part of your program as a beginner weightlifter, your main focus should be learning the lifts and solidifying technique. Pendlay wrote an article recently which said regardless of your experience level, your program should be about half snatch/clean/jerk/variants, and half strength work.

>tfw you will never go to a crossfit gym and shit on twinks and fuccbois like Clarence
Glad he's back though.

What are good weight lifting shoes? I have an arch and currently wear shoes that have no fucking support.

Fringe sports one fit wonder plates

Romaleos
Adipowers
Power Perfects
Leistung
Position USA
Asics

First time browsing an /owg/. What are blueshoes?

a mythological figure
the king of owg

I have a pair of risto Oly shoes I use for my squats and power cleans, reasonably priced and a pretty damn good shoe, the heel is a touch higher than other brands though

Oh wow, we finally scared her off?

It's coming for me too, hurt knee two months ago, slowly coming back, physio said no squatting until he is happy with my knee

At least I'm playing hockey this weekend ;_;

Odds are you are just generally inflexible and immobile

This guy has some good mobility exercises

youtu.be/AXcRFBFuo-c

I made some webms a while ago from them

Maybe in the special olympics
Because that's where all canacucks participate

one thing about assistance work and beach muscle work.
atm i do 3/4 sets of 20 bodyweight dips and pullups, next week i'll add 10kg and try to get a 3x20 with that weight added.
is this too low intensity? i do them once a week, i also pushpress and press heavy once a week

yes, the 63kg bronze medallist got moved up to gold following the retests.

he looks bald

What the fuck

Probably had an explosion spell blow up in his face