MUH CHEST

I can't get any pec activation lads. I pack my shoulders but they spread apart when I get to the top of my dumbbell presses, and the chest machines at the gym just fatigue my shoulders. Are there different exercises to try or am I just shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/Dont-Forget-the-Dumbbell-Pullover
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bodypic first or no advice will be given

>Train for 8 months
>Chest twice a week
>Mfw I look like a curl bro

spread your back when pressing. You probably look like an U with your shoulders rounded upwards

Just shit. When you get to the point in your press where your shoulders are about to unpack that's the time to end the rep and go back to the bottom.

I heard something about putting grapes in the middle of your back, lifting 1 week here

I've only been lifting for 2 weeks.

Dun worry my boy, lots of people work through this problem. It's good you noticed it early and are focused enough during your lift to feel your shoulders unpack.

Make sure you arent lowering the dumbbells to you shoulders, you are supossed to keep your elbows at 45 degree angle not 90

And remember to arch your back

Also dont push them together at the top this will make you loose tension in your lats, jush push them directly up, and stop when the tension starts disappering

There is no reason to squeze your chest together at the top when the weight isnt part of it

Chest dips are the only thing that made me build a decent chest. I now do 12x3 weighted before bench

>long arm lanklet
>not doing proper chest dip form and doing tricep dips for a long time
>mfw i actually have a pumped chest for the first time

>Felt my delts when training chest
>Felt biceps when training back
>Felt quads when training ass

This went on for a year, you're lucky

Can't believe a single one of you haven't mentioned:
Retract and depress your scapular for fuck sakes

I admit however that my bench from was most likely shit when i began working out.

Probably because unlike you we read the OP.

suck it fagot

I've read arms should be at 60° from the body, not 45°. But yeah, other than that it's solid advice. OP, lower the weight to your nipples, not your shoulders. Arch your back, too.

Why in the hell are you doing 12 sets?

schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/Dont-Forget-the-Dumbbell-Pullover

Chest pullovers put inches on my pecs OP, its a forgotten gem of a lift. Add it to your routine if you need more chest growth.

Not him but my sets are high too.. I never feel like i'm training hard enough and never feel sore. I do 5x8 then drop weight and pyramid until i'm fatigued everytime

Am i fucking up?

>Twelve fucking sets
Is this an 8 hour chest workout?

Do you also recommend 3-4 sets of 12-20 reps?

1 set takes 10 seconds. Rest 1 minute. Takes 15 minutes at the most.

I usually run 3x3 when I jump up to a new weight, then up the reps to 3x5 and 3x8 when I can handle it. After 3x8 jump up weight, that will get you size quick.

Thanks for your posts Anons.