/plg/ - powerlifting general

Using primarily the squat to build your dead at the intermediate stage, y/n. High bar and sumo like a true memer if that matters.

Could somebody help me with programming accessories on Nuckols beginner? (3x squat and bench, 2x dead)

Accessories I want:
>close grip bench
>rows
>lateral raises
>face pulls
>overhead press
>curls + abs

I don't think that will work

Honestly lad you'll dime it easier if you ditch stuff you don't need.

You do rows so you can ditch face pulls
Overhead press can be programmed as a main lift, do the 2 day bench perhaps and 1 day bench for OHP in between

Simplify. CG once a week, rows twice a week with deads. Only do the other stuff if you've got the energy, don't worry about lateral raises and shit.

Can't tell if retarded or just clinically autistic that you can't see the irony in those posts?

I've been running candito LP so I've had plenty of accessory slots, I just want to bump up bench and squat frequency.

I really need a lot of those upper body things I've found, my posture sucks and thus my bench also sucks

Post trappy rares

I'm starting to get angry at the sight of this fucking face

Wow h8er detected

>tfw your princess will never return

Probably a placebo lad, I recon you could either drop
Lateral raises or OHP
face pulls
And do abs infrequently

Greg nuckols programs will take anything you throw at them, if you aren't progressing just tone it down.

You could always run sheiko which have half of those accessories programmed in

>do accesories for the first time in probably a month or two
>triceps and biceps still hurt from yesterday

fuck this hypertrophy shit

never again

Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars

THIS IS ME

I just want got arms without doing curls or triceps extensions....

I'm too weak for Sheiko atm, detrained as fuck.

I have pretty good work capacity (used to run dietmar) so long sessions aren't a huge problem.

How weak? Stats? Just run it lol.
Also run dietmers or c61 again or something

Greg programs are crappy FROM MY OWN PERSOMAL EXPERIANCES

trappy has really cute eyes for a transvestite desu

almost enough to make up for the mild background masculinity you see in his face

I doubt I could squat more than like 4pl8 now, probably not even that.

And no, running Dietmar right now is foolish, I'm not strong enough, complete waste of time. I was running Candito LP also, not c6w

All the noodle arms comments got to you, huh?

His programs are fine, what the fuck is your problem?

I mean my triceps are the sticking point in my bench so improving them will help that

I can almost always get it off my chest but I stick when the triceps are supposed to take over

plus hammer curls are gud 4 ur tendons

You stall shortly before lockout?

They didn't work for me, am I suppose to pretend they are flawless because they worked for you?

Are trappy treads being auto pruned?

No, you are supposed to the the fuck up and don't judge programs for others because they haven't worked for you.

Trappy clearly has dead eyes that if you look into you can make out the crippling depression

more like right before I have to extend my elbows which is about half way down for me

Nope. The program was shit and immediately ran a program I was more successful in within the first month.

I ran it as written. The programs are a hit and miss and I have full right to criticise them.

as one would expect out of an individual afflicted with a dissociative disorder

So who the fuck cares about you?
They have worked great for many others. Thus it's safe to assume that they are fine.
Thus they are worth a try.

Especially the bench programs have a good reputation in here.

I bet there are people out there that would totally fail on sheiko progams.
Now what? Does that make Sheikos programs shit and people should go around and advise others against using them?

You should really use your brain a little, it helps in life.

Could still be weak chest, for real. For one, mid range is the most common sticking point, just mechanically where more people are weakest. For two, the pecs oddly enough pay almost as much a role in elbow extension as triceps just due to the weord mechanics involved in moving a fixed bar.

I would accessory chest first until you can almost certainly rule.it out. A strong chest will carry weaker triceps, but strong triceps can only help you so much with a weak chest.

I'll try it out

what meme exercise would you reccomend

I need to add flies to my routine for this exact reason

I thought that tranny got exposed as a fake and was posting some random facebook chick's photos claiming to be her?

If your grip is fairly wide I think there's still a lot of work done by the pecs at that point.

DB bench and DB flies, more benching, benching with wider grip, benching with feet up to increase ROM

Paused BP or >Spoto for me.

t. very mediocre bencher

>feet up

pls help tell me how my 3 day layout would look with the accessories I wanted I'm a dumb-dumb and can't program for shit

More bench
Pin bench

No

>what meme exercise
Just do flat back then if youre so worried, the idea is to extend ROM. Don't you hate BP setup anyway?

just cause I hate doing it doesn't mean I dont think its important

not worried anyways thats just a major meme

>trappy will never chop your dick off, jam it down your throat and subsequently fuck you in your ass

Why even live

>Trappy will never subject you to radioactive P-225 and mutate you into growing 16 dicks all of which you use to fuck her

I'm beginning to think the new janitors don't know our own rules
Since when is posting pictures that the trip themselves have posted "posting personal information"

hows your first day on Veeky Forums?

I've been here since 2008

So that is quite literally before you were even 10 years old which leads me to believe I am in fact a much more elder resident of this community than you , newfag

I misred your original post anyways

carry on

I thought you were whiteknighting trappy

Wait a second I started posting when I was 13 and am now 23 so that makes the year way before 2008

>the new janitors don't know our own rules
I think it's great. Feedback and reporting seems to have cleaned up this place a bit (despite the OP).

>WHAT ARE WE TRAINING TODAY FRIENDS
Stroller cardio, and more Memelith on Friday :)

>what meme exercise would you reccomend
Lats :)

>Weighted chins and dips, for real tho.

Dude are you me?

You always leave for a bit and come back, right?
/b/ was your first board, right?

Clearly not at all if they still let this deluded old fat man post here

>You always leave for a bit and come back, right?
No
>/b/ was your first board
This isn't exactly shocking news since it's what Veeky Forums was known for

>tfw no responses and no help

It's up to your own design.

One of his bench programs has CGBP on Monday.
Either do that one (it's a 3x) or use add CGBP to the Monday you are doing.

With 3x bench and squat you would have to get used to benching and squatting on the same day. Squat then bench.
Takes practice but in competition you have to do the same.

Add deadlifts in the days between.

Run whatever you compelled and see how you feel.
My prediction: do 2x squat and instead and try deadlifting once. Makes everything easier and should work as well.

But that's just prediction based on my own style of lifting.
If what you set up with your current plan works then by all means stick with it.

I've had a really shitty last few days and I'm going to take it out on my deadlifts today.

Going for 240kg for a new PR 1RM.

Wish me fuck.

>Tfw you can tell when sean is taking a break because of tranny shitposting

I can most definitely handle the volume and doing all on the same day, I used to be stronger and am just detrained after long term illness.

Do you mean I should add in the CGBP in addition to the regular bench? Just like throw in a light 3x8 at the end?

Just 3 more hours of sleep deprived labor

I got this lads

Just think of trappy telling you "cmon you can do it!!"

>Wish me fuck.
"Luck is the last dying wish of those that think success can happen on accident."

"Fuck" on the other hand...

Good fuck with your deadlift :)

>how my 3 day layout would look with the accessories
Most of those accessories you could add anywhere (face pulls, rows, curls, etc). Literally program them at the end of your workout. 3-4 x 8-15.

Regarding CG press and others, why would you even program them as a beginner? You're going to drive progress from the main lifts alone for a while.

Yea, exactly like that. At somewhat 60%ish I'd say.

Not a true beginner, see above. My stats are just pathetic right now
Ok, I'll try it out starting next week

BUSTED

user IS EXAGGERATING

Should I just go strongmang instead of powerliftan @ 6'4?

post your snapchat and i might add you

~Collin

Fuck off then loser dipshit

Good luck :)

>Not a true beginner
If you're detrained as bad as you make yourself out to be, then your body doesn't care.

OR, you could do variations only for a cycle (close grip bench, front squat, defecit deads), then move on to competition style lifts, then cycle back (block periodization).

Variations can BE your volume, they don't have to be programmed separately from your comp lifts.

If you're not within a couple months of comp, then specificity really doesn't matter as much.

>telling an elderfriend to fuck off

maybe it is you who should "fuck off" newfag

i was memeing since you were in diapers

2004 users are the only true oldfags. You are newfag cancer, and you need to gtfo.

I'll try it like this, maybe no OHP but definitely keeping CGBP

Also rows, 2 or 3x per week?

If you really like them and feel like it, then I would do them 3x.
Limiting factor is most likely your time.

You probably want to do them on both deadlift days and, if you want, on one of the bench / squat days.

>he doesn't even know what year it was when Veeky Forums was created

KEK HOW CAN ONE PERSON BE SO FUCKING NEWFAG LOL

>rows
2 times is ample. Have a day for high reps, and a day for heavier, lower reps. Use the 3rd day for upper back (face pulls, rear flyes, etc).

Just watch out for heavy barbell rows if they interfere with your lower back while you're recovering from deadlifts.

>he doesn't even know what year it was when Veeky Forums was created
Does it really matter in terms of lifting?

>nerd

Unexpected error?

Nah it just went.

Both of these sound good to me, might just play around with it.

Don't mind spending long in the gym, used to do Dietmar as I said and that often ended up taking nearly 3 hours.

Doing chest supported DB rows too so shouldn't fuck with deadlifts

I think it's because I was switching to the camera app on my phone off the browser

iktf i just did an accessory that isnt squat for the first time in forever

did some rows and goodmorning with just bar and my hams are pretty sore

Well I feel like we discussed things enough.

Nice, a part of Sean's programming for you I take it?

Yeah, hopefully your deadlift gets better, probably just a case of needing to squeeze glutes harder and push through the hips more.

Fuck off to /soc/

Yeah, I think that imbalance will get sorted in a few months

We're talking about powerlifting. Deadlifts are important.

We are talking about hip draeve

When you hinge make sure you feel a stretch before you pull. It's important you are engaging your hamstrings, spread the floor with your feet for more glute engagement. Wanna make sure those knees stay straight.

yeah he's been programming me bodybuilding excercises but i'm lazy and was skipping them until now

Don't forget to do your pulls and bench either

Yup. I'll be thinking about that on Thursday. And everything else

Pls 100kg diddly

>when you need to replace your bed sheets for the second time this week

They get dirty so quickly

Please fuck off

It's right there. Have you attempted 100kg yet?
Don't max squats beforehand, perhaps take a squat deload to get your muscles engaged but don't take your deadlift.

Or maybe try high bar as shouldn't interfere with a conventional deadlift as much

Why so hostile? I have goals to meet with lifting. How's yours going?

How polite, unfortunately this isn't your image board so I don't think you get much of a say :^)