Catching hate at the gym?

Catching hate at the gym?

I don't know what it is. I started out at a gym a couple of years ago and progressed quite a bit. At first, I got a lot of hate. I just assumed it was because I was new and actually showing progress for my work while the great majority of guys were stagnant. After a while though I've built up a reputation with a lot of guys and have some good friends. But I still catch hateful stares from some guys and especially newer members.

Decided to work out at my uni as it's in walking distance. I hardly ever lift there because it's not as serious as my regular gym. Well, a trainer who works there would give me the nastiest looks. He's pretty chubby so I assumed it was jealousy or something. I didn't think much of it but now he's making it obvious he doesn't like me.

Something he said must've got out because now the girls at the gym are giving me nasty looks. I keep my head down when I lift but usually I wear something that shows off my muscles if I'm training that particular area that day. I'm thinking they must think I'm cocky or something.

I normally wouldn't pay it no mind but I have friends coming up to me telling me that I'm getting death stares while I'm trying to work out. I've never talked with any of these people but they hate me.

I would say it may be all in my head but some girls will blatantly walk through my area in the middle of my set, trying to get in the way and ruin it. One of my girl friends said some girls expect you to talk to them and get mad when you don't. But I never gave them any sort of impression I'm at the gym to socialize.

Fucking rant over but can someone else at least share their stories about similar issues? Has getting fit made complete strangers hate you?

Hell I can't even walk across the road in a tanktop without hearing approaching cars punching the gas when I had plenty of room.

you probably just have a punchable face

Idk what you're doing wrong but its certainly not your clothing. Even when i wear wife beaters no one seems to care.
Either theres something else going on or you are just overanalyzing shit and no one really hates you.

Do you blast music incredibly loud?
Do you smell?
Do you sweat everywhere?
Do you rerack your weights?

Everyone is friendly in my gym, never had anyone be negative towards each other ever.

post a pic, we might be able to see what they're seeing

do you roid?

I have been told I look like a dick. But it's just my face. I try and be friendly but people still ask if I'm mad all the time.

You might be right. Even when I'm wearing hoodies and stuff I still get stares.

None of the above. I'm super respectful to other gym goers.

I can post body pic but the thread will get sidetracked with "gay tattoo" comments

And I was natural for several years and still getting the hate (even by guys I knew were on). I've done one cycle of test only but the hate didn't change. In fact I think doing a cycle made a lot more people cool with me because I was "one of them."

>I can post body pic but the thread will get sidetracked with "gay tattoo" comments

if you're heavily tatood people might think you're bad news

Who gives a fuck just post a pic.

This was me at my leanest before my first cycle. I'm a lot softer now but bigger after the cycle. I'm not a big guy by any means but I do tend to notice the bigger guys are more inclined to dislike me.

Fuck. No wonder all those people hate you. Going through all these shit text I literately start hating this OP and I haven't met you
What a fucking whiny faggot

You're right. I overthink too much and am probably giving off shitty vibes to those that don't know me.

cant see anything out of the ordinary and your tattoos woudlnt be visible with normal clothing

do you do some kind of meme workout? does your workout differ greatly from what other people do?

my best guess is that someone is spreading nasty rumors about you for whatever reason, but that wouldnt explain why it happened in a different gym

nice bod, I'm going to derail thread and ask how long you have been lifting for and stats.

Also, have you tried just asking someone, or trying to strike a conversation and then bringing it up?

Or perhaps trying to make a friend then ask "hey, did you ever hat me?"

It's most likely just your imagination, you are a self absorbed and self centered fag but in reality no ones cares about you, no one is looking at you and you are just semi subconsciously misinterpreting people around you

Ever since I got fit and muscular I noticed that middle aged men with their flabby bodies absolutely hate me. Old men are 50% nice and 50% even worse. Women of all ages and shapes mostly just fawn over me, but your modern fat SJW female gets offended simply by looking at me for some reason.

It's a shame really, people are so fucked up, there is no hope for the species.

I reckon someone is spreading some rumours about you, thats my opinion.

Typical hypertrophy workout. I don't usually do anything showy or fancy except when I squat I guess. I'm weak by Veeky Forums standards but one of the strongest guys at the gym. I think it's rumors too but why would a grown ass man who has never talked to me do that?

Thanks brother. My lifting history is a bit complicated. Trained in High School for sports but never competitively, then went into the Navy and lifted for fun on top of a shit ton of running and calisthenics. Then I got out and went to uni. All-in-all I'd say training for 10 years but seriously lifting for 4 years.
Stats as of right now... I hardly ever bench or deadlift anymore but this is what I got last time I did.
Bench: 225x5
Dead: 315x6
Squat: 315x3

I have talked with people before and we've ended up being really cool afterwards. But shit gets old man. I hate how I have to go up to other people and prove to them I'm not a dick. I feel like I shouldn't have to prove shit to strangers. Sometimes I like the hate because I know who is immature and not. And I have asked that. But they always say "you come off as a dick." And I always ask how? But they always say something like "idk it's your demeanor or something." I keep to myself and keep my head down and don't show off. Not sure how that comes off as a dick but oh well.

Another good point. I honestly do feel better when I tell myself no one gives a fuck about you, you're not special. But it's hard when I have other people coming up to me saying "so-and-so is giving you nasty looks." Or when complete strangers come up to my girlfriend saying I always stare at them or they know some personal stuff about me when I've never seen them before in my life. Creepy.

You look pretty good familia. I dont know why anyone would be a cunt to you.

>middle aged men with their flabby bodies absolutely hate me

So much this! Out of all the people, why the older guys?

>my first cycle

Well there you go. The trainer or whoever probably started a rumor you're a drug user. Most won't care, but it's apparent in your gym some do.

Deal with it and stop being such a pussy. What? You need to inject more until you're less insecure.

Sheesh.

He cycles too though, and he hated me before the cycle. And fuck yeah I'm insecure. That's why I'm here hoping to get some advice on how to be more likable because in reality I do care what people think.

maybe people are intimidated by you and your lifting and what little they can see of your physique (not saying in an insulting way, its a good body), and they interpret your "keeping your head down" and other reserved body language as being sort of stand-offish and rude, hence the "coming off as a dick"

maybe just try to be more friendly in general to people, and just smile more at people if they look at you, even if it gets old and shit, eventually most people should mellow out with you, right?

Thanks man I think you're right. Kill them with kindness. I'll be friendly even with people I think hate me. And I'll become more aware of my surroundings when I lift so it doesn't look like I'm in the zone and "marking territory" or anything. Appreciate it man

who cares just do your thing

you dont have to be liked by everyone

I guess he's just a jealous prick then.

Why don't you do that first-day-in-prison thing and pick one of them to confront whenever he/she steps over the line with you and send everyone a message? Or at least give them that Kobe death stare whenever they get in your way while you're working out.

Anyway, I catch some negative attention as well but I know it's not about my lifting, because people I don't know tend to dislike me since forever. My main source of motivation is probably the desire to be strong enough so I won't have to deal with strangers giving me nasty fucking looks and being passive aggressive all the time.

This works in theory but in real life a general feeling of being unwelcome can really hurt your performance. Not only gym performance, but even academic and professional performance.