m.youtube.com/watch?v=9TZ4iGiQTEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eH3bbEIV_Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=dgNWLbL_gg4
youtube.com/watch?v=C995b3KLXS4
youtube.com/watch?v=VPs7h3oaUko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are sprints basically the best option to hit calves? Box jumps fuck mah knees

Sprints
Calf raises/single calf raises (do them on the edge of a step for a deeper stretch
Standing jumps

You got shitty knees. Do more box jumps but at lower height.

You can hit calves like stated. Try sprinting while running on tip toes, but watch and don't do it too much because achilles tendonitis.

Apparently this guy once held a planche on his fingertips while choking out a bear between his legs.

What bodyweight exercises will get me to that level?

youtube.com/watch?v=qHvMDlQ8Zyk
I just found this series of videos that were made by Dominik sky. 10/10 everyone should watch this.

tfw I'll never have a setup as legit as his

His enviorment seems comfy as fuck.

Definitely. That's why he's the first youtube channel link

Except in winter. Shit would be freezing. Too cold for this Australian

Kind of a blog post but sinve my abs have gotten stronger(i can do more advanced core exercises) i can see them without having to flex even though im 14%+ bodyfat.
Ive realized that "abs are made in the kitchen" thing is a meme

5'9" 200 and just starting to get ion shape.
Good idea to start with body weight training or lose weight first?

What have you been doing

Start now. It will help you lose weight and weight loss will also help with bodyweight.

If I do bodyweight but also recomp, do I need to alter my recomp to take into consideration the bw exercises?
Exercises in pic related

Lately have just been focusing on dragon flags.

To be fair its like 50/50 diet and work, I had abs when I was a skeleton that never worked out lol

Yeah lower bf makes it easier but if you have a strong core its gonna pop out more even at higher bf%.

What's a good beginner workout?

this 3x/4x a week

Safe to assume this pic is doctored in some way?

Dyel general lmoa

SS + GOMAD

Good shit, thanks.

Nah, m8 follow the instagram name

ur a cheeky cunt

Bump

Holy shit! That's insane!!

Lifting real weights.

desu if you guys are skelly, lift weights and bulk until your beginner gains ends and you stop gaining mass and strength so quickly.
Then you can consider bodyweight exercises

>3x/4x a week
what would happen if you did this workout daily? as part of a morning routine, maybe cutting down 1-2 sets/exercise. Does your body need recovery time equivalent to weightlifting?

Not him but i train pretty much every day until I realize my body needs to recover then I just do cardio or nothing for that day.

Yeah, body needs recovery, also ups the chance of injury. You could do low intensity everyday like you said and should be good, but listen to your body yaknow.

>tfw bodyweight training will never be taken seriously on Veeky Forums

Stupid ignorants thinks that only weightlifting is the serious "lifting". They dont know shit about gymnastics

I know it pisses me off as well. They think they have reached their bodyweight potential because the only exercises they know are push ups and burpees.

>sprinting while running on tip toes

that's how you're supposed to sprint, you dunce

That's nice user, I'm only on level 2 of foundations so I'm far away from flags, but getting there

at least there is a thread here, formerly /bwg was in /asp but it has become wwe shit show

It use to be on Veeky Forums before it moved to /asp/ because it was trolled too much. I decided to bring it back here

So we've all heard about the natty limit.

Can someone post pictures of the BW limit?

Nogains general

Who cares about how you look?
I can do a reverse kipping chinese handstand
You must be so mad and jelly

It varies from person to person because some people respond hypertrophy wise better than others.
At absolute worst ottermode
At best gymnastmode

>mad and jelly
>who cares how you look

first of all im not mad, i exclusively do calisthenics. i am jelly about the handstand though.

as far as who cares about my looks? I do, I workout purely for aesthetics.

looks great but im hoping for bigger pecs than that

instagram.com/p/BHozbQigdsA/
This guy does calisthenics as well.
Also Dominik sky is one of the bigger calidthenics guys.
Post your pic mr gains

Dominik lifts for legs and lower back

Then why do calisthenics? The only reason i can think of is you live in the middle of nowhere with no access to weights.

I'm sure you can train for biggest chest with BW if you really wanted to

Personally, like said, I found out my body responds better to hypertrophy, and my chest is filling out 'upwards' which definetly looks great.

Do you think he gained the mass in his upper body by doing squats?

Are there bw exercises that can hit the traps? Also, shoulders? Those are my weak points, I look like a giraffe

not squats nor any other lift

>traps
Not any good ones
>shoulders
Yes you can get very good shoulders. Focus on pressing over your head and planche.

But there are bodyweight exercises for your neck which will make it thicker if you are interested.

Pike push ups and the sorts really mess with me, the way all the blood goes to my head...

Also, planche for shoulders, really? I'm at 1 min straight planche btw

Yes please enlighten me

hand stand pushups, I believe

Just go to jewtoob and look for 'bodyweight exercises for '

>*bigger chest

for aesthetics, maybe bw is not that great compared to lifting focused on isolations, just my personal opinion

I do BW to strengthen my joins and tendons, I need those so I can do some smithing

>tfw fucked my right triceps and tendon while smithing

Its called the wrestler's bridge. We used to do these in wrestling and i still use them. Ive made a video about it and progressions.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9TZ4iGiQTEQ
Pic related is my neck for reference.

The upperbody natty limit is exactly the same for bodyweight or lifting
However you won't be able to reach lower body natty limit with body weight because the legs muscles are simply to big and strong to progressively overload with just your body weight.

just rename this autism general, only people I know who train bw are absolute sperg lords

At what rep limit should I add difficulty to pushups and how?

This
youtube.com/watch?v=eH3bbEIV_Oo

Not that type of planche lol. The planche where you are in a push up position without your feet touching the ground.
Also the light headedness might be due to breathing which you can control or it can be things you cant control. Im not a doctor so i cant say for sure.
But if you want good shoulders you will have to press things ober your head. If you really cant do bw progressions for that you will have to lift things

Can confirm i am a sperglord myself.
Id say 15.
Put your feet on something high or do archer push ups. You can always change the grip width.
When you can move on to dips.

This general is for body weight exercises.
It's not call the gymnasitcs general.
Not a sport
Please tell /owg/ and /plg/ to go to /asp/ aswell.
They are sports after all right?

tfw crippling social anxiety is the only reason I keep doing body weight exercises

Actual gymnast here. I used to sit high on my bodyweight pedestal. Swallowed my pride and tried lifting too... Should've started years ago. Ecstatic with size gains and I'm stronger than I was ever before.

Doing both is god tier.

Mirin pecks and penis.

it will once these threads start showing some decent progression photos.

That's the reason I started honestly, then the gains slowly killed the social anxiety indirectly, then I just kept doing it because it's more fun and less wankery than actual gym.

what should i add to my push day? here is my current routine
weighted dips
one arm push up
handstand push up
pseudo planche push up

Single bar dips if you can.

They'd go to /sp/ because they are actual sports
Unlike this where the main contenders are teenage girls

How do I develop stability in front lever? More core work?

Front lever is mainly a back exercise. Just do more front lever.

How is this thread a sport? Pleas enlighten me

Dragon flags
youtube.com/watch?v=dgNWLbL_gg4

Active hanging exercises (Scapula retraction & depression)
youtube.com/watch?v=C995b3KLXS4
youtube.com/watch?v=VPs7h3oaUko

This

>6'4
>230
I'm doing pull ups, and I'm up to 5 max rep.

Any other tall/heavy guys do pull ups here? I'm not fit, I'm borderline obese. But, I feel a lot of the problem is the length my arms have to pull up my body. Like, that's quit a long travel. I do them proper, all the way down to a deadhang, and then pull up again.

I'm 6'3, 210lbs and I struggle with pullups as well. I'm trying to progress on weighted pullups, and I stall very quickly or progress extremely slowly.