Planet Fitness

Srsly, is this place any good? Just looking for some place to go 3 times a week. It's the cheapest gym nearby.

It's fine. It has some stupid policies for hardcore gym rats, but for most it does the job. People hate it here because they are autistic and have to LIFT BIG SLAM BIG BABY WOOOOO

>no critics
>unless you work hard. Then we're all critics and will sound an alarm and kick you out. Then celebrate by eating pizza

NO.

I can't lift without grunting, so bad.

I'm casual af, and I'll probably transition to my local Y after a couple of months of getting a routine established/to begin weightlifting. I've heard they don't do free weights, is that a fact?

Terrible place to seriously work out, but a good place to make you feel good about yourself as you stuff your face with pizza. Basically, you are subscribing to weekly pizza.

Planet fitness? heh
more like planet shitness.

That pizza shit makes me cringe, but it's certainly no deal breaker. I'm too sperg to eat in public anyway.

Nah, man, bulk hard on that pizza. Take it all for yourself and leave none from the fatties. Save them from this seriously diabolical business model.

I mean, seriously, this shit is evil.

No, not a fac. They have plenty of freeweights. The club I went to a couple of times was fine with deadlifts get. They had no squat rack.

It's a fine place to start. You can change gyms as you grow.

Ah, cool. Wel'p, I think I'll be heading there soon.

It's cheap and good for starting out. I went to one for a while a few years back that was owned by a former powerlifter, so he let people do whatever they wanted and even got deadlift platforms installed. But some are extra shit. Make sure you tour it and get an idea if they're bad or not.

>They had no squat rack.

FUCKING DROPPED

OATS SQUATS OATS SQUATS OATS SQUATS OATS SQUATS FUCK YOU

okay future pear man

Does anyone have experience with fit 4 less

if you dont have tons of dosh go for it.

I got one that i go to where people slam weights and grunt and shit noone gives a fuck. It doesnt have much in the way of freeweights so you have to use a smith machine, but i can deal untill i get more dosh to get a good membership

>you have to use a smith machine
>tfw never used a smith machine and don't really know how they work

it's like a retard assist. It just keeps the bar straight or something. I just do 3 sets on the smith and finish with free weights because they only go to 75.

This place is the gym for fucking liberals. Judgement free zone ( unless you drop weights, make noises, lift the free weight, lift too much weight, get gains, ect.)

The Smith machine there will destroy your shoulders if you do bench press, and I don't even know how you would attempt to do squats on it.

yeah i know the basics but fuck if i know how to lock the bar out and shit, i thijnk it has to do with rotating it a bit?

It's super easy you'll figure it out. I fucking hate squatting/benching in the Smith machine though, not only is it annoying to have it restrict your movement, but you also just know you're missing out on those stabilizer gains.

>It's super easy you'll figure it out
But I don't want to, I've never used one and I never will.

Oh, I thought you were OP and were gonna have to use one at PF. Yeah, if you have access to a proper squat rack there's no reason to ever touch a smith machine.

If u lift and want an ego booster go to this place. I lifted next to a guy with a steel leg today. Amputee. The rest of them were manlets and fatties. I'm probably gonna be asked to leave since they all look at me like an asshole.

Basically this. Full on sjw libcuck mentality.

nah my gym is pretty good. only complaint is that the only 2 2.5lb plates were owned by a member who took them when she left. now i am ordering my own, left my microplates out in the gym for others to use though.

I don't get this. They put a big ass sign saying judgement free which is clearly protecting the fatties.
Doesn't it make so obvious the fatties would be judged??? Like... You put a "no critics for skin colour" sign next to a bunch of black people. It should make fatties more uncomfortable rather than feeling safe

Yeah, but it doesn't say "DON'T JUDGE FATTIES" on the sign, it just says "no critics" which doesn't imply a specific criticism. That's the difference.

Well put haha. As a fatass, it's pretty condescending

I just can't get over all their propaganda.
>no critics
>safe space
>lunk alarm
I feel like they are constantly patronizing people, like we are tiny children who have to have our hands held and it pisses me off.
I don't understand how any self respecting person can be behind that type of message.

Neocons are cancer

Well, that's likely because you're autistic and your feelings are ugly and wrong.

It's all marketing. They first feed on the insecurity that those in shape dudes are indeed making fun of you. Then they vilify the in shape dude by painting him as a roid-raging meathead, dehumanizing him. After fabricating this nemesis, they offer sanctuary from him, and eject anyone who remotely resembles him. Then they give you pizza so there's no chance of you becoming one of those in shape dudes and being ejected, thus retaining their clientele.

It's absolutely some of the most diabolical marketing I've ever seen, and I can't imagine the people behind it being anything besides sociopaths.

>It's absolutely some of the most diabolical marketing I've ever seen, and I can't imagine the people behind it being anything besides sociopaths.

Scientology maybe?

thinking of getting a membership at PF. malvern. dat $10/mo is too good. i can't afford anywhere else right now. YMCA is fukkin $70/mo plus $90 registration fee.

It's fine for a starting place if you have no other gyms nearby. Infinitely better than what you can do at home. Unless you own a home gym

>judgement
>not judgment

Triggered amerifat

Do you not have budget gyms in America apart from PF? In the UK there are like 3-4 budget chains all over the country.

I go to a Snap Fitness near me. Works perfect for me

My PF must be the only one that doesn't do pizza. The only thing they do is leave candies (tootsie rolls) at the counter.

How the hell does a gym give away pizza? It's like a chemotherapy clinic giving away cigarettes
How do they explain the fucking pizzas? A gym's purpose is to get you in shape and healthy.

same.

i wouldnt mind a real bench but its only 40 bucks a month

plus its 24 hours

>judgement free zone

I don't know why people go on and on about pizza. Like its some kinda fat farm conspiracy, it isn't. One evening a month they have some thin crust veggie pizzas in the lounge area. Big fucking deal. If you can't workout and eat some pizza and tootsie rolls you should just give up and kill yourself. Damn, got myself all worked up but we make this PF thread once a day on Veeky Forums.

In before some starts on the Lunk Alarm that NEVER goes off.

>A gym's purpose is to get you in shape and healthy.
Nope. A gym's purpose is to make money by drawing in customers, just like any other business. And free pizza draws in fatties like a motherfucker.