Why is being vegan so expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Pinto-Beans-25-Lb-Bag/dp/B000RHSY9K/ref=sr_1_11_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1469671101&sr=1-11&keywords=beans
amazon.com/Non-GMO-Project-Verified-Non-Irradiated-Certified/dp/B001PEZLCW/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1469671589&sr=1-2&keywords=lentils
youtube.com/watch?v=7NW32vLq340
youtube.com/watch?v=Fhyfa48bK28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Faggot tax

Right?

You'd think companies that want to promote veganism wouldn't make their products so fucking expensive so more people could buy them

You'd think they would make their prices just as competitive

because only rich faggy white people are stupid enough to actually be vegan

(((Whole Foods)))

Because you're basically restricting your diet to fucking plants, and thus have to buy insane amounts of low nutrient density foods to make up for the spectrum of nourishment you're lacking compared to a non-autism diet.

Also, guaranteed that you're buying the most expensive food possible if you're already enough of a numale to be vegan.

They don't care abo0ut promoting veganism, they want to make money and seeing as this
is basically true they can get away with charging that much because they know their patrons will pay that much.
Bob the bricklayer isn't going to suddenly go vegan because the food is cheaper.

>tfw poor brown person
>cant afford meat

But it's cheap

Are you retarded? Vegan food isn't expensive at all
amazon.com/Pinto-Beans-25-Lb-Bag/dp/B000RHSY9K/ref=sr_1_11_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1469671101&sr=1-11&keywords=beans

It's simply economics.
Honestly put a little thought into your question before asking.

Supply and demand.

With a small demand comes a low level of supply. Low level of supply means production of vegan foods (beside already heavily produced veges and such) is going to be expensive because they can't mass produce it and still make profit.

Also it's not a competitive market. Any industry where one company/person/etc has a monopoly on it they will try to make as much profit as they can because they get to set the price. If there is a high demand and a competitive market, it drives prices down because those companies are fighting for the consumers to buy their products.

So it's expensive because low demand and an noncompetitive market

Stop lying

Vegan food is cheap as shit
amazon.com/Non-GMO-Project-Verified-Non-Irradiated-Certified/dp/B001PEZLCW/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1469671589&sr=1-2&keywords=lentils

Stop the lies

Basically a status symbol.

Moo

>rice
>Beans
>Oats
>Bananas

Being an omnivore is expensive too if you eat filet mignon every day.

stay ignorant carnivorous scum

They did the same thing with
>organic
Meme diets are meme, you fell for the shill pill and unless you live somewhere that has fresh produce at any given point. You're going to be paying a shit load of money more than if you just ate a varied diet.
Try eating a vegan diet with wallmart being your only store you can buy from.
Shits disgusting.

veganfag here. I get fake meat shit for like 4 dollars a bag (usually get 2-3 servings from one), but if I am getting tight on money I get TVP for 2.79 at my local grocery store. add rice and veggies and that usually makes a meal.

But it's not. Stop perpetuating this meme.

Most of the cheapest food staples are vegan though

I dont get vegans. You're so conscious about your diet but theres so many vegan restaurants opening up left and right.

You guys watch what you eat but you cant cook yourself?

Do only people who can't cook go to restaurants?

>mfw vegans literally cannot participate in modern society without being massive hypocrites

>be vegan
>unable to grow your own beans
>complain while being anemic

its like wow its like woow youre doing such a good job at this

Vegetarian =/= vegan

That did cross my mind but my point is how can people be so serious about their diet and then pay 9$ for a 10oz glass of watermelon juice. Or like 12$ for a kale lime mint smoothie. I get it if youre trying to make a discovery or just a lazy day.

Im pretty serious about cooking and i rarely go out. My friends who eat out a lot are just mentally handicapped in front of a stove or theyre just uneducated.

Vegans are educated, but they go eat 30$ vegan pizza pies everyday.

There are vegan versions of all those things

Where is this vegan cement you speak of?

Buying that shit is what shows people they're educated and able to afford that shit. Otherwise, how would they know?

Where can you get a bottle of nyquil and a bottle of sprite for a total of $1.32?

first post best post

God's trying to tell you it's wrong and steer you in the right direction.

>Why is being vegan so expensive?
Because if you're stupid enough to fall for the 'veganism' meme, then you're stupid enough to pay way too much for shitty useless vegan foods. Proclaiming yourself to be 'vegan' is like wearing a sign on your back that says "I am dumb, please rape my face".

>expensive vegetables meme
You are actually a faggot, vegetables and rice cost less than meat. You probably buy pre-made shit for "vegans".

I still don't see why you think it's weird they go to restaurants. Not wanting to kill animals doesn't mean you don't enjoy social eating, atmosphere, trying creative new dishes, or being served/cooked for. If I had the money, all my meals would be cooked for me by a skilled chef.

Why did someone paste a photo of a cow on an existing picture of a cow

carbs and carbs
how am I gonna make some GAINS ON RICE AND VEGGIES

Moo?

This.
Nothing but a jewish trick to get hipsters to pay for overpriced shit.

>vegan paint
>vegan plywood
>vegan insulation
>vegan linoleum
So vegan houses are more expensive too?

yep, tons of vegan hormones and antibodies you can just extract off of grass.

Because a lot of humans are retarded enough to pay too much for some dumb diet fad which doesn't benefit you in any way. If anything it fucks your body up.

Retard tax

/thread. Meme diets/foods are always expensive to capitalize on idiots.

It's not if you actually cook. I guess that makes it expensive in time though.

If it was cheaper/easier, it wouldn't be a thing. It'd just be the way we ate.

>vegetables
>expensive
What?

Just don't buy that quorn shit and learn to cook.

Moo

Why is there a sudden massive increase in veganism? Is there a politcal agenda behind it? But for what purpose?

literally only expensive if you buy shitty meat imitation and don't make meals from scratch

get btfo

>substitute for laboratory research materials
>"durp"

Stop being retarded

That picture angers me

>my bike doesn't use biodiesel
>my dog is vegan too
>don't use it, duh!
>not everyone uses this crap ;) [wallpaper]
>i feed my plants tofu
>welbond vegan glue (tastes great!)
Holy fuck is this a joke?

I hope this is bait, because that image is gold

lol vegans

He probably stole the NyQuil

>this is what happens when vegans try to seem smart

L O L
O
L

Bc it's a dumb fad and everyone is just jumping on the money wagon it's like people never bother to study economics

You're telling me that you can't get a sack of rice, cans of beans, some produce and frozen veggies for less than $30 a week? Fucking retard it's only expensive if you can't price shop and buy whole foods

Why are vegans so obnoxious?

Protein AND calorie per dollar is smaller on a vegan diet than on a animal diet.

>Vegan medicines

99.9% of drugs approved for treatment have undergone animal testing. Good luck trying to improve your quality of life with crystal balls and aromatherapy when shit starts to go wrong in old age.

Also
>my dog

How is snatching an animal from it's mother when it was a puppy then mutilating it (neutering) to be your play thing vegan?

Shit

It's not tbqh. There are companies that will market "VEGAN"®™ shit and it may/may not be expensive, but eating plant-based whole foods isn't expensive if you prepare it yourself and buy in bulk.

Source: Vegetarian trying to go full vegan

This

Look at all the angry carnivores. Sucks to know that you won't ever be as aesthetic as a vegan that does the same workout as you.

>HEY guys I got a B- in first year economics listen to what i have to say

that's not the vegan lifestyle, it's the snobist lifestyle of organic, non GMO, gluten free faggots.

Being vegan is cheap as fuck.

Definition of Vegan is not perfection you idiot, it's intended to reduce animal explotation as realistically as possible.

It's mostly carbs and no fuckin protein. You would have to supplement amino acids and proteins that are not found in plants. Hemp is a good source of protein and amino acids. Most likely its a bunch of faggots who decided to not live up to their animal instinct, therefore devolving into faggots. I love nature but if animals aren't killed off they go instinct. We should only kill animals to eat with a very high population growth. I am also for that genetic fake hamburger meat. I love animals and they should be protected but to not acknowledge our animalistic nature is pretty dumb

Realistically vegans don't eat just rice and beans every meal, they need to pay extra to go to the place with soy lattes, they pay extra at the store for all the spices to make their tofu rub taste better.

>"no fucking protein"

Nigga, you literally a retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=7NW32vLq340
youtube.com/watch?v=Fhyfa48bK28

So fucking what? It is less harm at the end of the day.

because you keep buying 'meat replacements'
also vegan products are a small market and vegans WILL pay extra for these products

>Sucks to know that you won't ever be as aesthetic as a vegan that does the same workout as you.
Maximum kek
>doesn't post body because his nogains diet makes him look like shit

Says the guy who also doesn't post pics because of his fatgains diet makes him look like shit.

Or will you show us your superior carnivore body?

I already posted my body
Here's one taken after my cycle. let's see yours, skeletor.

Haha this guy is such a joke

Like it actually struck me now how fucking green he looks

If he really cared about veganism, he'd stop trying to be some sort of spokesperson for it. He's giving it a proper bad image with his looks.

It's just the light balance of the camera having a hard time with the fluorescent lights/white background.

Somebody could play around with Photoshop and make it less green.

Faggot vegan detected!

faggot fatass detected.

This is why you're protein deficient!

Real doctor talks about protein intake in all diets with scientific research backing his claims

Fatass faggot from Veeky Forums says there's no protein in veggies.

Seriously, consider eliminating yourself from the gene pool.

But you've already did yourself, there is no need.

But whole foods at a farmers market, its less expensive this way.

Also meat is way more expensive than non meat foods, how can being vegan be more expensive then?

because veggies are shit and you need to buy a ton to equal meat

>says there's no protein in veggies.
Name a single high protein veggie.
>inb4 muh beans
Those are legumes.

Dude looks like shit

Being vegan means not eating animal products to me.

Off coarse I cant stop using animal products all together but not eating them makes a huge impact on how many animals need to be killed.

>legumes
>grains
>pasta
>nuts
>fruits
>veggies

How are any of this expensive?
Not vegan, but are you retarded?

I also know a bunch of fat vegans. They eat only veggie straws and oreos cause there vegans Case fuckin closed. Rip my nigga harambe

>harambe
Children aren't vegan.
He was a fucking fake ass poser and every real vegan knows it

That's it! Death to all vegans! Nobody fucks with my nigga harambe!

how is pasta vegan

Yes

Soja bait-san.
It is a dry vegetable.
>being this mad over vegan.

Why is X so expensive?
To seperate the elite from the poor

Why can't I afford X?
Because you are poor
Because you are not elite