Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16611385
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24550191
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3499967/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23840067
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23454694
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25524913
annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-cellbio-092910-154237).
jn.nutrition.org/content/129/6/1102.long
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

unless you're an obeast or diabetic it's mostly pointless and potentially damaging

it's last ditch effort for people who don't know how to lose weight other than by starving their body of energy. it's not sustainable. just lose the weight by being at a deficit. no sense in cutting carbs out

Keto isn't appropriate for diabetics either

It's nice short term since you lose all your water weight and get to see the actual progress of your cut. When I did it, I could see the weight I lose consistently on the scale. As for losing fat, caloric deficit is key.

I liked it bc I could have a giant meal once a day and then be fine till 24h later was a huuuuuuuge meal though

Dont listen to the Naysayers, try it for a week and see how you go, i went from 146.kg > 85kg in 2 years

it works. no better than a regular diet, you just don't carry any water.

better for sedentary imho, but I did it while lifting in 2013, didn't reeeeallly slow me down, but a lot of workouts became shorter or less intense.

you still need to be in a deficit, so if you're exercising just make sure you stay under your cal goal and get enuff tein

nah I believe it's usually only used by bodybuilders who are a week or two before a competition

That's about the dumbest thing you can do. High fat diets slow fat loss and accelerate lbm catabolism.

look up "The Anabolic Diet"

theres a pdf floating around online

Source? I eat a lot of almonds.

what I don't get is: why cut out carbs? they're the perfect energy source, and if you do any kind of serious lifting, then you'll have to eat a lot of kcal to not be at a deficit.

Try a physiology 101 textbook.

no source, it's bullshit. been on a high fat diet forever and I'm lean af

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

He's obviously cutting.

Doing PSMF right now to cut and thinking of switching to keto after since I'll be kinda used to it. Is that a thing?

anecdotal evidence is still more valuable than a completely unfounded claim like if you cared to look into a "physiology 101 textbook" (like the user suggested) you'd find that he is talking out of his ass, because his claim is not backed by science at all.

even if you're cutting, your body will need energy to maintain normal function as well as compensate for the expenditure of working out.

If you're fat and just need to lose as much weight as possible, then I can see why someone would want to do keto. But if you have muscle mass to maintain while wanting to reduce body fat, then you have to be at a deficit, but not a crass deficit, else you'll lose a lot of muscle mass as well as fat. So you need energy either way - this begs the question: why take energy from protein, which is both expensive, physiologically inefficient and potentially unhealthy (e.g. damage for your kidneys)? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Keto doesn't draw its energy from protein. If that's happening you've fucked up your macro ratios and dropped out of ketosis.

Aww, an actual textbook was too hard for babby to understand so he emotionally concludes it is false? Tell me what kind of mental retardation you suffer from and maybe I can try to dumb it down to your level.

>do a meme no carb diet
>workout and intense cardio everyday
>literally sleeping 12+ hours a day
>starting eating more carbs
>now fine

Fuck that meme shit.

>anecdotal evidence is still more valuable than a completely unfounded claim like

It is a completely unfounded claim though. Anonymous anecdotes are the lowest form of evidence, you could say absolutely anything if you don't have to include documentation.

Carbs are incredibly anabolic, good for test production, tasty, healthy (oats, sweet potatoes etc) and cheap. Fats are great too, you should eat plenty of both

I would consider keto only if I was epileptic or fat, completely sedentary, prediabetic and not concerned with muscle mass.

the "mental retardation" is called college education.
show us a single textbook that sources what you've claimed. doesn't need to be Guyton&Hall, just paste the google books link to any credible textbook.

oh forget it, let me do that for you
>...
oh right. there's none. whoopsie.

keto for epileptics works only if you're an infant. If you're past 18 it'll usually not help at all or have a negligible effect.

>It is a completely unfounded claim though. Anonymous anecdotes are the lowest form of evidence
yes they are. but they are evidence, as opposed to mere allegations. using anecdotal evidence is only a fallacy if it's used to disprove more authoritative evidence. there's none of that ITT.

I went on Keto for about 3 months and sat around 2500kcals (240 Pro 120 Fat iirc rest carbs). Went down from 93.4kg to 79.4kg in that time, however a lot of it was water.

Despite cutting (through PCT as well), I kept most of my gains, however I did feel like shit in the gym and lost a decent amount of strength. This said, peak strength stayed more or less the same (maybe 5-10% drop) however the glycogen depletion meant that a weight that felt light I could barely rep for more than 6-8 compared to maybe 15-25 beforehand.

I felt great and energetic outside the gym.

After my cut, I gradually began re-adding calories and carbs at the rate of 50g carb & 250kcal /week and very quickly shot back up to my comfortable weight (85kg and rising). Strength also shot back up.

Tl;dr
+ You will get lean as fuck
+ You'll feel great outside the gym
- Most of the weight lost will be superficial unless in a substantial deficit
- You'll lose strength
- You wont be able to rep for shit
- You'll feel depleted while training
- Your weight will shoot back up drastically on carb reintroduction

Its retarded, try intermittent fasting instead

>pleb undergrad thinks he has something to be proud of

Literally all of them will tell you fat burns in the flame of carbohydrate.

sure convinced me with those hot opinions of yours

I post irrefutable scientific facts and you mislabel them as opinions? What's next? Are you gonna pray against me?

Remember: nobody who actually lifts and doesn't lie recommends/does keto

totally legit physiology science textbook brehs!
>changing you
>cookfit - food faith fitness
>a book of chick wisdom

Keto is a joke. I've never met anyone above 2/3/4/5 including myself who thinks it's legitimate as a diet strategy.

ketogains.com

>You people don't know how to lose weight without starving your body of energy,
>Just lose the weight by being at a deficit

are they activated?

If your mental deficiency makes even google too much of an intellectual challenge, there is no hope for you. It's a wonder you are even able to post here.

not everyone can be so well educated about human physiology by self-help guides and chick's cookbooks.

Damn straight. That's some array of knowledge you have. I'm sure it impresses all the other kids in your special needs institution.

post a goddamn source or gtfo

How about you go to school?

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16611385
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24550191
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3499967/
it's not a question of high fat, but a question of what kind of fat. saturated fatty acids inhibit glucose and lactate transport to muscle tissue. the same is not true for unsaturated FA. furthermore, consumption of unsaturated FA come with a couple of benefits like a decrease in stomach fat and polyunsaturated FA help build muscle mass.

tl;dr if you like to eat almonds (nuts, any souce of unsaturated FA, especially with a high ratio to polyunsaturated FA), eat them. they're good in many ways.

Keto is objectively the best way to lose fat while retaining muscle. It also gives you optimal health. Veeky Forums just can't handle it because they are addicted to sugar.

Its nice to not be hungry every morning but I miss drinking booze

Carbs are not your enemy you should have learned that in your first few months of lifting. How are you supposed to hit PRs and building strength and muscle without a good source of energy.

it literally can't be a coincidence that everybody who does keto is DYEL as fuck or on roids and does it for keks (or just for a few days to deplete glycogen)

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16611385
Compared to low fat control, the mice on a ~40%E fat diet had more glycolytic intermediates (F-6-P, Pyruvate, F-2,6-P2, G-1,6-P2) and borderline statistically significantly higher intramyocellular lipid, implying insulin resistance. High fat is known to induce insulin resistance regardless of the degree of unsaturation

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23840067
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23454694
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25524913

which is of course bad for body composition and skeletal muscle anabolism

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24550191
Any kind of caloric surplus will increase lean mass to some degree. All we can conclude is that PUFA is better than SFA. There is no carbohydrate feeding, known to be even better than fat for this purpose (annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-cellbio-092910-154237). Given the unspecified background diet of the participants, glucose availability might not be as limiting in this context either.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3499967/
This here is appeal to extremes, small doses of long chain n-3 PUFAs (4g, ~36 calories) were given in the context of a decently carbohydrate rich background diet. Nobody is saying to eat a zero fat or even a low fat diet, just not a high fat diet.

Also, carbohydrate included within a meal can additively enhance MPS as well

jn.nutrition.org/content/129/6/1102.long

Ask rich piana's marriage

you're mom burns in the flame of hell