Death

Whats your take on death Veeky Forums?

Are you looking forward to your death? Are you afraid to die? Do you believe there is something else after?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mjQwedC1WzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes
no
yes

I am not afraid of something I cannot control

Mortality is the thing that makes me unable to sleep at nights.
I dont know why I am so afraid.

Agnostic here and I'm terrified of it. Thinking about non existence fills me with dread or angst if you know what I mean.

It is sad really. Due to that feeling I refrain from exploring the topic and related philosophy. I sometimes burst my protective bubble thinking about the universe and the human condition. It leaves a bad aftertaste on the subjects, which is a sad thing.

Anyone who isn't afraid of death is either an edgelord or a lunatic.

I fear death, but the reward to follow is well worth it.

I was horrified of death until I tried shrooms, they helped me realize the impermanence of my own mental state, and now, although I'm still afraid, it's a lot better.

Not afraid to die. I don't really care what happens after. All I care about is right now.

Death is my motivation for not making an utter waste of my life.

I will embrace the day I speak with Gainsus.

Death is the end, a total cessation of existence. I'm not scared of it, strictly speaking I won't experience much of it.

I think the time in which you're alive is all the time you get. No do-overs, no NG+. So make it count, live for life not what comes after.

How can you be so sure that death is the total cessation of existence?

mfw I had the exact same experience.

death is overrated
I'd rather just leave humanity behind

It just seems like the most reasonable conclusion to me. When you're conscious it's observable by signals in the brain, a dead brain is totally inert. I can't see how any aspect of yourself could be retained in those circumstances.

Kind of like how you can't remember things from before your birth. No brain, no memories, no consciousness, no you.

Nigga you don't see skeletons talking about how scary the dark is

How can you be afraid of nothing? Do you remember what it was like before you are born?

yes no no

The only time i'd fear death is the day i'd realize i have so much to live for

who cares? do cool shit, die.

It hit me one day while I was sitting in on a Christmas church service what death is.

You know that moment of exhaustion where you lay down to sleep, and everything goes blank, but you haven't been asleep long enough to dream yet? That's what death will be like. You won't know you're asleep, the struggles asleep tiredness will cease, and basically that will be it.

The only thing you can do is create personal satisfaction so that when you hit that pillow, you'll feel like you've done well with your day.

I've been reading Marcus Aurelius lately and he brings up a good point: most men have no understanding of their remaining time save for a few that reach the end of some long suffering or illness. So because we lack the understanding, at what point is it to worry about if we die in a couple of hours, days, months, years, or decades? The only thing we can wrap our mind around in a complete manner is the present, so we should focus not on our future deaths, but our present efforts.

I'm not going to claim any knowledge or foresight into the will of deities if there are any, but if so, may they be benevolent, and if not, then may my present always be productive and fulfilling

Bro's who are still afraid of death, listen to some Alan Watts, as some in this thread already did I noticed.
Such a shame that guy is no more

Became much more comfortable with it after watching my brother die. It was sort of like watching myself die because he looked so much like me.

Now i'm just struggling with not killing myself

care to elaborate? sounds interesting.

youtu.be/mjQwedC1WzI

I'm not afraid of it, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

i used to dread dying and not bieng alive, but as time went on and i experienced death of freinds and family i realized that its just something natural that we must accept. It taught me to treasure the one life your given and to just respect death as it can happen at any moment, as gay as it is im literally yolo

Death doesn't scare or bother me. I can continue as I am as a hamplanet DYEL and die, or I can continue lifting and not die early on. That's about the only interaction I have with death.

best answer tbqhwyf

>cannot control
>you can't do something that will kill you and you can't do anything to avoid things that will kill you
top kek breh, nice fedora

Not particularly afraid of death, it's old age I fear.

I like this answer

No
No
No
Time will pass until my time ends. Worrying about it is a waste. Most of you will die from natural causes or accidents and worrying about something you can't stop when you could be doing something productive is the opposite of making it.

No, not really.

What I am afraid of in death is not the death itself but rather dieing alone and unwanted.

And again, no.