Hair loss: minoxidil

Hi Veeky Forums
I started losing hair at the age of 16. I am now 20 and my hair is really thin (not the hair itself but the distance between the hairs is larger than before) and since a few weeks I am noticing that my hair Line is reducing slightly

Should I take minoxidil or is it a scam to take your money? I read there aren't any noticeable side effects, but would it be problematic/negative for my workouts?

Are there other, better medicines? Anyone with the same problem?

>inb4 just shave yourself bald

If there is no good (aka no significant side effects/money stealing scam medicine) medical solution, I will shave.
I'd rather be bald and big than having hair while being skelly

Minoxidil works but you have to use it religiously once or twice a day preferably. Takes around a month or two to start noticing hair gains and said gains are so slight, think of hair which has already been lost growing back as peach fuzz. I use it and just trim my hair really short so it's all the same length. Works pretty well in that case. Wouldn't advise growing out hair with it, makes it obvious its receding. Or shave head.

>25
>even worse hair situation than my dad
>even worse hair situation than left pic

>inb4 just shave yourself bald
>kinda weirdly coneheady shaped head (not too much distinctly but still insecure about it)

>tfw

>Thailand
>hair transplant

Have you found that it eats into your hairline? I'm hearing horror stories from the rogaine forums

I used minoxidil for a couple years. It worked pretty well. But after a those years all of the sudden I began to notice that the skin on my face was getting very droopy. I thought I was just aging poorly and started googling things that might counteract the sagging skin and stumbled upon a bunch of forum posts throughout the internet of young dudes claiming that rogaine ruined their faces and has been shown to disrupt collagen production in mice. I've since stopped taking it and have lost all of my hair gains and my face hasn't entirely recovered.

I don't think that this is a typical experience with minoxidil, and to be fair I was dumping a shitload more than the recommended dose on my head during each application, but this is something to be aware of when using rogaine.

I'm unsure of what you mean. If you are referring to skin damage, no. If you are referring to sharpness of your general hairline, yes. This is because hair is growing back and not at the same rate. Also, hair that does grow back will be varying lengths that's why I advise keeping your hair short as possible.

If "eating into hairline" refers to losing more hair when using rogaine/minoxidil, this is true initially within the first month of use and is temporary either with continuation of the product or discontinuation. The reason for this is you are rubbing a blood pressure medication on your head to start new growth. The new growth causes some hairs present on application site to fall out to regrow.

Your hair will not be any worse after taking rogaine/minoxidil than it was before. Think of it the same as brushing your teeth. You do it everyday (hopefully) to prevent your teeth from falling out, though they will someday anyways. If you do stop using the product your hair will go back to the way it should of been at the given time you stopped. Meaning, if you started taking it at 21 and were suppose to start balding naturally at 23 but don't due to using rogaine/minoxidil then stop at 25. You would be bald. Because at 25 you were suppose to be bald. This is why many think they end up worse after taking it, because it delayed something that should of happened years before and instead of happening gradually the effect happened immediately.

I'm poorfag, probably I don't even have enough money to buy a plane ticket to Thailand. And the phase one of the hair transplant looks somehow offputting. I will probably get enough confidence and enough speck/lard and I will shave my head eventually.

>turkey my dude
Only thing is they recommend that you pretty much have to be bald for a decent out come.
Well hopefully stem cell therapy can make some progress, baldnesscure2020 is a good resource for researching potential treatments that are actually aimed at hairloss not just a side effect of drugs designed to teat enlarged prostates (fin, duta). Beards and shaved heads my dudes.

Grow a beard and shave your head

>thought I was balding when I was 18
>it was actually just because I always got short buzzcuts and my hair was light so when I looked in the mirror it looked really thin
Just shave yourself bald, who gives a shit.
>But muh head shape!!!!
How many times have you shaved yourself bald? Every significant change to your appearance looks weird as fuck at first.

Why can't someone figure out how to just clone your own hair and do the transplant procedure??

Researchers in Japan have been working on it for a while. Probably won't be available for several more years.

my hair only falls out when i masturbate
i went on vacation for a week and had 0 hairs cumming out in the shower

Vitamin E tablets + Vitamin B Complex ampules in shampoo.

t. medic

> mfw I'll be 50 and irrelevant by the time it happens

I took Minoxidil when I was 25 and my hair grew back nicely until I was 28

Then it stopped working but by then I accepted that I would have to be Jason Statham-mode at best

F I N
I
N

how much are they in thailand?

fucking kek

ive been taking finasteride for almost 10 years now, it didnt just stop me from balding - i actually grew some hair back too.

did your dick shrink

did your dick shrink

nope, but my body hair has been gradually falling out. all my back hair is gone.

Thanks user

>Take drugs for rest of your life, maybe see minor results after several years
>Increased risk of cancer in the prostate at the very least

It's just fucking hair. Shave it or spend thousands on transplants.

anyone tried any of those Ginseng based spray for a long period of time? I'm doing that and minoxidil twice a day atm, and while it does feel nice once it's dried I can't tell if it's doing a damned thing. If it works at all I think I might ditch minoxidil.

hairlines mature when you hit 20

your hairline will recede a bit and then stop. Unless you have balding in your family genes, you're good.

I have found that my hair around the treatment area is now dependent on the minox and will shed immediately after I stop using it. I am not talking about hairs that were brought back by minox in the first place but rather were terminal before the introduction on the minox. Whenever I stop the hairline begins to retreat but it is brought back when I resume treatment. I have seen a few others mention this online.

Its possible that these hairs would have been lost had I not introduced the minox anyways and that it is simply doing its job in prolonging them. I still feel however that these hairs which bordered the treatment area were just exposed too much and now require the chemical. I've gone up to 6 months without it and I dont see any regrowth in that region after stoppage.

All said I only treat my temple area and this area was not tested by the FDA in the initial trials.. I also have seen little success from others online in this area's regrowth. And I am also talking about such a small amount of hair that nobody else is going to notice but me. Really havent had any success turning vellus hairs terminal around the temple anyways but my hairloss is pretty marginal to begin with. Im gonna keep on using it tho I am concerned about decreased collagen production. 4 years on fin and minox.

finasteride and saw palmetto decrease the risk of prostate cancer...