/BWG/ - Bodyweight General

Any of you training one arm pull-ups or chin-ups?

>Why bodyweight?
youtube.com/watch?v=Q69nII2xTXk
youtube.com/watch?v=q2EpAeXXhhE

>Beginner Routine
i.imgur.com/TaRUkxo.png

>Websites
beastskills.com/
gymnasticbodies.com/forum
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness

>Youtube Channels
youtube.com/user/trdic
youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement
youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
youtube.com/user/bboySaza
youtube.com/user/Carucyn

Pastebin - pastebin.com/4hdf1uaP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtLGQrpor9g
youtube.com/watch?v=6Gd3C1Y1-gM
youtube.com/watch?v=BiAhXddtPLc
instagram.com/p/BIY3ZExjCKV/
instagram.com/p/BIcxmXgDnxU/
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
50pullups.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkI1GBjj3eQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hanging lsits vs floor lsits, does it matter? Which one is best?

They offer different benefits.

They both work your core due to the lsit shape however hanging will work the lats, grip, back more while floor will work chest, tris, shoulders more.

Apparently this guy used to do front levers with 15kg ankle weights for reps back in the day.

What workout will get me to that level?

Planche x F will get you there

youtube.com/watch?v=OtLGQrpor9g

Any pushup variations hit your chest harder?

Leaning forward dips
Wide grip push ups
Archer push ups
Uneven push ups
Ring chest flies

Im starting to train ring archer pull ups to get closer to the 1 arm pull up
I like floor more because its more challanging but i dont do L-sits a lot
I do the same thing as i used to with benching. Tuck your elbows in. Make sure your hands are at nipple level and retract your scapula.

Inspo
youtube.com/watch?v=6Gd3C1Y1-gM

>mfw this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=BiAhXddtPLc

Is it good to have 2 days of strength training and then two days of hiit cardio workouts?

Our lord and saviour

The cardio shouldnt be hard to recover from so yeah. Are you doing 2 strength days one after another?

I just don't understand how he was able to hold that flag with those enormous fucking balls

I'm trying to build a base with weighted pullups/chinups before I jump into one arm stuff.

The strength training is usually back to back and then a rest day before 2 30 minute hiit workout days.

Anyone working legs here?
Im hitting the bag today and doing some plyometrics.

Got legs today. I do a mix.
Barbell Squats
Dumbbell Bulgarian split squat
Pistol squats
Box jumps
Broad jumps

If I buy a pull up bar will my door frame break? It doesn't seem like their very strong.

Just dont jump on it and shit.
My brother used to jump on ours and it eventually broke and he fell on his back. At least if the frame is weak you will be able to tell before it actually breaks if you do controlled pull ups.

HEHHHHH DYEL GENERAL AMIRITE BOIz? XDD ENJOI UR NOGAINZZZ LMAO

bump

Nice one m8 u sure showed them lol

Also to keeo things bodyweigh related ive been progressing quiet a bit with the dragon flag
instagram.com/p/BIY3ZExjCKV/
And ive found a place to practice the human flag so ill be working on that as well.

I can't even do 1 pullup and I don't know where to start, is there a bodyweight program like stronglifts?

Jump into a pull up bar and do negatives.
Use a band if you have access to it.
Also use inverted rows.
These exercises will help you achieve the strength for pull ups.
Theres a chart for exercises from beginner to advanced but i dont have it. Stick around and someone will post it im sure.

This may help

I started bodyweight about 2 months ago and I have been doing it everyday. As in my "routine"
is:

Do ~10-15 Full Length pull ups and while hanging, stop midway and work the abs by raising legs, moving side to side. Follow this up with a minute or two of punching bag I have set up. Do squats till failure and follow with pushups.

Repeat the above like 10-15x a day as I shitpost or just whenever not working.

Diet: Muscle Milk and simple protein bars with eating whatever I want.

No before and after but to give you a indication , 2 months ago I was getting a lot of comments" you are looking too skinny, are you ok blah blah(always been skinny but was a little too skinny) and now im getting mired. I need to buy new shirts and have gone up a size but large size shirts still not quite filled out but they fit now. Cant wear medium now. No gym yet but saving that for fall semester.

Progress made so far with what I am doing and things I have noticed.

Started with ~8-10 pushups max, now 30-40.

Started with 2-3 full pull ups, now ~15 but I can crank them nonstop if I wait like 5 secs or use my lower body to get a boost.

Any Thoughts?

Bodyweight is Legit

Thats pretty much how i started familia. Keep going. Ill try to get a pic of my poverty homemade pull up bar.

Here it is.

I dont even have a pull up bar, its a metal pipe between roof support beams. The punching bag is paper ball wrapped in electrical tape and and hung with a wire.

Also it feels like I have so much control over my body. As in, you know how you might adjust your walk in front of someone but then you feel every step and mess up your walk and feel like you dont really have control over it. Not the case anymore. I have so much control over every aspect of my body.

But out of all of these, I love the stares I get from women now.

I feel the same way.
I lifted for about a year before starting bodyweight and im not planning on going back any time soon but you never know.

Are there any other exercises you guys do for legs other than pistol squats? I've lunges as well but I felt they put more stress on my knees than pistol squats so I dropped them out of my routine

I would add sprints and plyometrics. You can also start doing shrimp squats which are more challanging.

sissy squats make me feel like keanu reeves

Thanks user, sprinting and jumping hadn't even crossed my mind. I'll try those shrimp squats too
I'll probably have to wear a helmet for these

Would putting a towel or two on my pull up and dips bar help me get better grip?

Grabbing thicker bars is harder so it may help your grip.
Doing one arm hangs for time will help. If you have access to weights you can pinch grip plates or hold a heavy deadlift (double overhand) at the top for time too.

At this rate , and what you are doing sounds like way too much volume, try and do harder variations and do less reps, also, dont train everyday, you need to rest.
try...I do it 3 times a week, HIIT on rest days. Also, eat better, try and not eat shitty "protein "fillers.
Keep at it.

what's your pull day like? what pull up variations do you do?

lol you guys are delusional.

Most of the routines in here are shit and won't achieve great results apart from "doing x per y reps".

If you want to do skills, you need to go for another approach.

fedora boi here may be the only redeeming thing about this treads. but that's a given, since his a manlet

my pull days look like this

muscles ups
deadlifts variations
weighted chins or pull ups
front lever progressions
one arm chin progressions
body weight rows or dumbbell rows
bodyweight ring curls

I change it up depending on what I feel like.

Pull up variations I do are
wide grip, mixed grip, uneven, archer, weighted, explosive

looks really good, thanks. what's your push day looks like?

On one hand i am flattered on the other delet this

Heavy single paused bench @90-95%
weighted dips
handstand push ups
planche progressions
iron cross progressions
paused ohp
ring flies
ring push ups

Fuuuuaaaaarrrrrrkkkkkkk!!!!1 That's nuts bro !!! !

instagram.com/p/BIcxmXgDnxU/
Tfw no gf
Why live?

What's the point in doing body weight if you're >200lbs?

I dont understand this question. Why would being over or under 200lbs be any different?

Because in one scenario you're not lifting 200 pounds, and in the other you are.

I mean, doing 20 pullups at 140 lbs wouldn't net the same gainz as doing 20 pullups at 240

What said, or you can look at convict conditioning for example exercises just don't do the rep ranges for earlier progressions. Once you get to 3x20 you can move on thb senpai. Check out Al Kavadlo, he has a youtube channel, writes articles for dragondoor and wrote Pushing the limits and Raising the bar. Both are good books and easy reads. There should be more information in Raising the bar for you regarding pull ups

Can anyone give me an answer whether it's good to have this schedule.

I mean, usually you don't wanna hit the same muscle group hard two days in a row do I'd personally do str,hiit,rest,str,hiit, but i mean if thats what youre comfortable doing keep doin it man

How do I into pull-ups and the like without owning a pull-up bar? I don't know of any outdoor gyms near me.

Trees and shit.

So if you were 199 it would somehow be different from being 201?
If you want to do bodyweight training just do it. Dont look at your weight. Doing advanced moves may be harder but youll be making more gains even with basic moves.

For floor L-sits should my shoulders be back or forward

They should be depressed and slightly forward.

DYEL general lmoa

Bump

I'm having trouble progressing to single leg squats. I can do 3x40 for bodyweight deep squats, but unable to do 1 single leg squat. My problem is being able to get low enough. I can only do little bit then my ankle like lock and I can't go any further.

I did bulgarian split squats for a bit until I worked into shrimps/pistols

>wide grip pushups
wide grip pushups are shit for chest imo.the rom is so small that you're practically just damaging your shoulder joint.
shoulder or a little outside the shoulder is better imo.

Start doing them by holding into a pole so you can fet used to the ROM

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
is this a good routine ? when should i start trying to learn muscle ups and one arm push ups

>when should i start trying to learn muscle ups and one arm push ups
when you can do 12-15 dead hang pullups,50 strict pushups and you can hold a strict plank for 3+ minutes

can hold a plank for 2 minutes check on the pull ups can do like 13 dead hang 50 strict push ups ehhhhh

You're gonna fall and die man. You can buy a bar that fits over your door for like $15 bucks. Don't die mang

How much warming up should I do? I usually work the muscle I'm about to train with plates but I feel it might not be enough

Thanks for worrying but this is my new set up. I only used that one for a few months.

Don't have a pole.

To paint a better picture of my problem. I can't even bend the leg I'm squatting on to 45 degrees.

Grab onto literally anything. Doesnt have to be a pole. A chair, a trashcan doesnt matter.
Mobility is not the issue here since you said you can do 40 deep squats. Its a balance/feel thing going on.

Good routine. Think about muscle ups when you can do 12 clean pull ups. Not earlier

Dont die

Muscle ups from today's workout

10x3 bar muscle ups
10x3 ring muscle ups

Weighed in at 200lbs today and these were definitely harder because of it.
I need to cut. Put on size to help my lifts but has hindered my body weight exercises. I want to be 170-180 again.

10 sets of 3?

Im stalling at 8 pullups at the moment, would switching to weighted now restart my progression? Got a similar issue with dips as well

yeah 10 sets of 3 reps

You could try training with lighter 5-20lb weight so when you could get stronger. If your bring your weighted pull ups to 8 reps your unweighted pull up will obviously go up.

Mirin. Thats very impressive at that weight.

Thanks

yeah I'll give it a go, will probs try and progress in a similar way to compounds

You could try this.
Otherwise doing what said will help.

meant to link this
50pullups.com/

Gonna assume no news is good news

I mean its hard to answer that because who the fuck knows how much is really enough?

I warm up for 10-20 mins
I do a mix of dynamics warm up exercises and foam rolling. shit loosen's up and warms the muscle. Hurts but makes it feel 10/10 after I'm done

I just want to make sure I don't risk injuring myself

5`11, 173lbs, 24.1 BMI

Should I cut or clean bulk first? Been struggling with what to do.

I don't even have a bar, are there any good exercises I can do for core strength?

No, I'm not some noob who thinks he'll get abs by doing crunches, I know you need low bf% for that. I'm legitimately interested in core strength.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkI1GBjj3eQ

checked, and thanks

I'd say cut first if you want to do body weight exercises

Hollow holds
L-sits
Planks
Lying leg lifts
Dragon flags

How tall are you?
I'm the same weight and wondering if I should lose some weight before starting out.

Korean Thunderf00t?

5'10"

Is there a torrent for handstand 3 from gymnasticbodies.com?

are you trying to suicide user? that looks dangerous

Whats dangerous about it?
The pull up and the dip stations are fairly stable. The ladder looks a bit sketchy but its in a good position.

Hey, im 1.74m and i weight 62kg, when doing effort on abs i can already see 4 of them well enought, but nothing when no effort. Is this because lack of muscle mass or i need to drop more bf?

dude you weight like feather. im sure you have heard this many times. i weight 61kg at 1.70 so i think our bodies are pretty similar.
i have always been called shereaded but i now i know i was just skinny.
if you want to see your abs you should get them bigger, not reducing more your bf%. to do so you should train with weights not do hundreds of reps. Think of your abs as your biceps, reducing bf% in the end won´t help if you want a strong core

add on weight and check dominik sky youtube channel, he has really good videos like begginer to advance in calisthenics.

Atm im doing ..with the hardest variations i can,and im trying to do a clean, slow bulk so im eating on about 2000-2200 cals daily. Around 1g of protein per kg usually more. Should i eat more or just keep doing what im doing?