That skinny group of guys who come in for a month or so and talk about a fit lifestyle like professionals and then you...

>that skinny group of guys who come in for a month or so and talk about a fit lifestyle like professionals and then you never see them again
>that fat kid who's working his pudgy ass off every session and lasts longer in this lifestyle than the dyels

self hatred is a great motivator lmao

>that fat kid who's working his pudgy ass off every session and lasts longer in this lifestyle than the dyels but after 2 years is still a fat kid working his pudgy ass off

who stays in the same gym for more than 2 years? wtf

you have to rotate after you reach 1/2/3/4 and then you rotate yearly after that

that's how you make an impression kiddos

that fat kid was me, im shredded now lol.

Whats 1/2/3/4?

prove it

plates for press/bench/squat/deadlift

I swear this is asked 10 times a day

>self hatred is a great motivator lmao

for some, yes. for others, it just makes them vote democrat.

what do you mean by plates?

plates means how many fucking plates you absolute moron

I walked into the weight room at my gym today and heard that enormous clanging sound that can only come from someone slamming the weights on a cable machine. I look over and lo and behold, I see a skeleton doing something resembling exercise. I still cannot figure out what the FUCK this guy was doing. Maybe you guys can help me out?

He had a cable machine pinned to the top position. His body posture looked as if he was 90% into a squat - upper legs almost parallel with the ground, back straight. Except he was doing something that someone else might mistake for tricep extensions. His arms were way out in front of his body, and he was sort of... squatting along as he used his arms, so it was sort of a full-body motion bringing the cable down even though it looked like he was aiming to use his arms. It's hard to describe because I can't fathom what the hell he was actually trying to do.

He was wearing one of those stringy, super-loose tank tops despite having the physique of an unnaturally tall 11 year old boy, slamming the shit out of the weights while flailing around doing some sort of activity I'm not quite able to comprehend. Can anyone tell me wtf I was seeing?

don't worry, it sounds like crossfit

Can you give us a drawing on paint of this next Gen technique?

>who stays in the same gym for more than 2 years? wtf
>you have to rotate after you reach 1/2/3/4 and then you rotate yearly after that
Is this bait

That's one of the most autistic things I've read here

No shit Sherlock, what do they weight Mr. Autismo?

plate is 45lbs. bar is 45lbs

1 plate == 135lbs
2 plate == 225lbs
3 plate == 315lbs
4 plate == 405lbs

Have you ever been to a gym?

He would rise slightly from his half-squat when letting the weights fall, let them drop at full speed, and then squat slightly and straighten his arms to raise them again

literally no idea

Not that user, but hello, metric system here. An Olympic bar is 20 kg, and standard plates are also 20kg, although 25kg plates are not uncommon in gyms.

because its used literally nowhere other than on a small population on Veeky Forums.

hey man hows ur x/z/d/q/r/s?

wat do u mean u don't understand my arbitrary and meaningless assignment of letters to represent potentially anything.

Plates = 45lb (sometimes 50lb) metal discs which are placed onto either end of a metal bar via the hole in the centre of the disc.

This way when someone lifts the bar, it's heavier than it would be without these space age contraptions towards either end.

>standard plates are also 20kg

Oh you mean EXACTLY like the standard plates in the USA that weight 45lb

Protip: 20kg = 44lb, and if you're going to complain about that one pound just fuck off.

Thanks user, thats all i ever wanted

Only skinny fucbois at gym with crew cut and shitty yeezy shoes. Only stay there for Snapchat and to hit on the 17 about to turn 18 year olds girls. Brings his own Bluetooth speaker to blast his shitty music and mix it with the gyms shitty house music. All the natties and fatties both want them out. It also smells of stanky balls and mall cologne

Why the aggression, I am well aware of that. But similar to the other user I was at some point curious what plate size you imperial fags were referencing and whether it was different to those common here.

That's an exercise for lower back, poorly done

what ever happend to
>lurk moar
I felt like I had to earn the right to post

I lurked for 4 years before i had the guts to post anything
But it was also on /b/
Fckn redditfags ruined everything

They poisoned our water supply, burned our crop and delivered a plague unto our houses

Also they took our jooobs

Hey that's me
>5'9 215 33% bf
>decide that I'm too fat, I keep hearing about how people are respect you more when you are buff, that pushed me
>browse Veeky Forums, ask dumb questions, read sticky
>group of friends decide to work out one day after me badgering them because I didn't want to go alone
>going good for a few weeks
>suddenly they start making excuses and no matter how much I want them to come with me they all flake out one by one, I almost quit too
>keep going on Veeky Forums
>my fat ass is the only one going to the gym at the end of that month

3 months strong with no signs of stopping, dropped 10 ibs over this month (could have been more in total if I actually cut the first two months) , my bitchtits are noticeably smaller, feels good. I'm still dyel as fuck though.

Fuck depending on friends desu baka senpai, they will only be gains goblins.

>>that fat kid who's working his pudgy ass off every session and lasts longer in this lifestyle than the dyels
me desu

Bullshit where is the bar

Nigger I have a job so I can't sit on 4chins all day. I didn't ask the question but I've been wondering myself.

This reminds me of that one Veeky Forumsizen who would do those "Free 3-Day Trials" while bulking so hard he would look practically obese.

>Veeky Forumsizen is Veeky Forums
>Bulks into big guy
>Puts on most cringiest, autistic personality of all time
>Typical landwhale behavior
>"I can't do it! This is too hard! Exercise is for troglodytes!"
>Begins free 3-day trial in some random gym
>Fuck with physical trainer until he has a mental breakdown
>Bench 3 plates
>Squat 6
>Out total the biggest of the regulars
>All the while, Veeky Forums-user keeps saying stuff like "I'm tired. This is dumb. When can I go get some McDonalds?"
>Physical trainer rethinks entire life for rest of life, till failure

D E V I L I S H

Wow..

Bar = 45 lbs, plate (2x) one on each side 45 lbs.
1pl8 = 45bar + (45 + 45)pl8 = 135.
Add 90 lbs per pl8, 225, 315, 405.

Haha please tell more.

I actually understand why there is so much agression and hate in this thread. Most people here are fat fucks, they dont lift, they "work their ass off" (do nothing but look ugly to other people)

You guys are literal cancer in the gym. I hate you so much, I asked my friend working in the management to ban these types of people. Listen to this:
>fat fuck smells like Chernobyl mixed with cat piss
>he goes squat and bicep only
> fucking dyel faggot, ill show him
>he sits on his phone, browsing FUCKING FIT
>i cum to him
>"hello fatfuck, i like Veeky Forums too, you need help"
>"um no im okay"
>continues to rest for like 5 minutes browsing 4chin
>my bronad tells me to talk to manager, roiding beast with tribal tattoos, thumbless because of incident back in 2004
>i tell him
>he comes and tells that faggot he smells
>he bans him out of the gym lmao
>i enter gym locker room
>he crying
>kicking in locker room doors
>FUCKING KEK

thats how I got my first anti-fat victory

Man wtf is wrong with Veeky Forums nowadays, it's filled with dyel newfags that just want to be spoonfed. Goddamn I swear these faggots should just read the sticky, fuck off for a few months, then post when they actually have experience lifting for a few months. Fuck.

Man was I lost when I first came to Veeky Forums..

When people explain everything they are taking away the newfags joy of finally finding out by themselves

>self hatred is a great motivator
This. I look at old pictures to remind myself that I'm never going back

I do similar for rear delta but very controlled and not squatting that far. With a very controlled movement you isolate the rears very well and I hate rear flys that's why.

What bitch counts the bar.

I remember that guy. He would do that around New Year's to antagonize PTs.

Yer metric too I just assumed each plate was around 50kg for the last year now haha.

That's about it. He did it around N.Y. with all the resolutioners to fuck with people.

What the even fuck was that story?

Haha wat?

Ba-hahahaha

I salute you. Get swole.
I will continue story, but it will make me a bit of a douche bag.

>I tell him whats wrong
>''manager told me im worthless here''
>i start laughing
>"why laughing"
>"i guess you really are fwend"
>next day manager tells me his mother called
>they will want to sue the gym for promoting obesity and hate
>she told him an agressive buff looking dude with a buzzcut told him he sucks cock and should fucking kill himself for looking at gym memes in gym
>im the only guy with buzzcut
>instead of ban i get high five
>proceed to superset the whole gym with enthusiasm

best 3 days of lyfe