powerliftinggeneral.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYKPdNvH800
youtube.com/watch?v=32udqal_lyQ
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GcOHGnnuw-Q2gxeTluUjdvd2M/view?usp=drivesdk
exrx.net/WeightTraining/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kijpcUv-b8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does no one ever recommend front squats as an upper back accessory? Nothing fries my upper back the same way high-rep front squats do, and in my training history, my best deadlifts directly correspond to me including front squats in my program, similar to what Kroc said about her rows. Deadlifts are just easier and prettier when I'm doing FSs regularly

user: Gosh it disturbs me to see you, Filip
Looking so down in the dumps
Every guy here'd love to be you, Filip
Even when breaking your wrists
There's no man in town as admired as you
You're everyone's favorite guy
Everyone's awed and inspired by you
And it's not very hard to see why!

No one's big as Filip
No one's thicc as Filip
No one's packing an eight by six inch like Filip's
For there's no Göteborg man half as manly!
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any George, Rob or Rocco
And they'll tell you whose fed they prefer to be in!

user and Chorus: No one's Swede like Filip
Supports friends like Filip
user: No one's got a swole back for your use like Filip
Filip: As an >athlete, yes, I'm indefatiguable!
user and Chorus: My what a guy, that Filip!
Pull five to knees pull twelve to hips
user: Filip is the best and the rest is all twinks!

illegal heel height
red lights

Chorus: No one lifts like Filip
Squats records like Filip
In a national meet nobody places like Filip!
High test qts: For there's no one as burly and brawny
Filip: As you see, I've got triceps to spare
user: Not a bit of him's scraggly or scrawny.
Filip: That's right!
And every last inch of me's covered with hair!

Chorus: No one memes like Filip
Posts polar bears like Filip
user: In a shitposting match nobody posts like Filip
Filip: I'm especially good at triggering sean! alcoholic!
Chorus: Three whites for Filip!

Filip: When I was a lad I ate four bowls of quark
Ev'ry morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I eat five bowls of quark
So I'm roughly the size of a barge!

Chorus: No one Sheikos like Filip
Attracts qts like Filip
user: Then goes tromping around
In squat shoes like Filip!
Filip: I wear singlets for all of my gym commuting!

Chorus: My what a guy!
Filip!

How do you know my name
Is this a dox?

I'm lucky enough to be busy enough that I don't have to struggle with that.

It sounds like you might be worse off, but know you're not alone friend

I was fat, extra autismo, unathletic and unattractive (when those were the only things that mattered) and grew up as a traditional "nerd" and additionally had problems developing into an adult (emotionally) in a rural agricultural community of ~200 people that to this day don't believe things like depression exist, let alone the peculiar developmental problems I had

i wanted to kill myself on the reg lmao

college was bretty dank for the most part though

but now adult life blows for the most part so yeah i dunno

I actually have said this before but it felt like i was speaking to an empty room so i just quit talking

I agree, front squats are bomb af. I THINK though that there's benefit to actually doing front squats with 'shit form" compared to WL'rs. I'm sort of starting to understand and pick apart how WL'rs do front squats and how they make them look so pretty, but it'm not feeling it in my upper back as much any more. When I went retard mode and had the bar too far in front of me and had to fight it to keep upright, it always taxed my upper back more lol

it's in your trip you sperg

>girls in hs were super sluts
they really weren't. they just knew how to get the guys they wanted, and happened to want more than one guy.

if you're a guy and you weren't already wanted you're just gonna end up lonely til junior year in college

this sounds comfy af desu

>it's in your trip
OH GOD IT IS?! How to fix?

did you try to stop being a chad? that helps

I can't turn that off

youtube.com/watch?v=tYKPdNvH800

>mfw

saving this pepe

>Mfw I got poon the last semester of high school
Almost didn't make it

Kek

real chads dont post on Veeky Forums. You're a fake chad. PHONY

>implying boardshorts is posting this himself
my theory:
>Raaron at an orgy
>getting his dick sucked by blacc girl one
>blacc girl two sits on his face
>asian girl repairing his computer, readying it for bant posting
>swedish girl devising witty banter to post on /plg/
>british girl translating swedish banter to english
>american girl translating english to meme

i bet he still jerks off to the memory

youtube.com/watch?v=32udqal_lyQ

>car broke down 30 minutes from home
>work tommoriw at 6:30
>probobly gonna get home at 1 and I still have to cook dinner/eat

So guys Im gonna document my journey doing autoregulation-based stuff 4-6 days a week (as well as cardio and plyo meme things to help round my unathletic self out). Will only trip when posting blogs then I'll turn off, promise.

Today was the first time doing anything but bench variations in like 6 weeks due to hurt back and then life stuff. So its gonna start shit, just FYI.

Today
High bar 3 sec pause
185x3
155x5x4

OHP pause at top and bottom 3 seconds
115 x4
95x3x5 (last set was actually only three holy shit Im weak)

Pull-ups bodyweight and very slow descent
4x4

Ab rolling, curls, and lateral raises for BB accessories.

Weighed in at 199lbs, 6'3"

this is a comfy change to /plg/ i like it

>autoregulation-based stuff
what's your approach to autoregulation?

Is it normal that every time I come home I keep the hope that she'll be standing there down the stairs waiting for me and that I keep this hope all up until I actually get in the door and fire up the computer to post on Veeky Forums?

Things are changing user. It's not safe for people like you and me anymore.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GcOHGnnuw-Q2gxeTluUjdvd2M/view?usp=drivesdk

Squats 200kgx6 no belt!!!!

The basic layout is going to be

Legs
Press
Pull
-Accessories-

Im kinda using Mike Ts fatigue chart but for the most part Im just gonna track what I do and play things by ear. I trust myself enough to try hard, but also pull back if Im obviously underrecoving. Lots of variations for a few months, really trying to round myself out as a lifter.

Who here /post workout beer/? Will having one do anything to my gains?

I'm sorry, user. We've all been there, but you have to move on. You'll be happier when you do.

Good lad.

Because front squats are reserved for wannabe olyboos and Derek Kendall, plus they don't have the meme value of the super saiyan bar.

What about zercher squats? Allowable?

I can't

Only on the night of the full moon or the ides of March.

I know it takes a long time. I had a 3.5 year relationship a long time ago and it took me about a year and a half to fully recover. Just try to get out there and meet new people. That helps the most.

>Not doing zercher deadlifts for maximum gains
Confirmed for never making it

I found some 1~2 week old chicken breast in my fridge
Will I die if I eat it?

This is comfy time, stay in your lane, memelet.

She was perfect though

There were a lot of things wrong with her, but she was perfect to me, none of it mattered

Pffft. What are you, gay?

How long has it been, user? Don't forget there are 6 billion+ people in the world.

When my patellar tendonitis recovers I want to push it to 405.

New meme 2016 :DDDD

If she was perfect, truly perfect, wouldn't you be happy with her doing whatever?

If you want her to do something different to how she is (i.e. come back to you), you dont actually think she's perfect. Youre just lonely.

So im 6'2 320 lbs
HAD a 585 squat and a 585 deadlift
Going to have a 405 bench in the upcoming weeks

Am I enough to trip on plg? Ive never followed a routine

this was excellent

Shit nigger I'd much rather have you than any of the other newtrips

Just do it there are no real rules. Some people will bitch but who gives a shit.

Fuck you man, I already feel bad about not being able to move on with my life.
A year
Not fully experiencing her perfection is torture.

I was out with the lads tonight, but I still can't bother talking to any girls, I just sit and stare into my drink.

You're stronger than all but a couple trips, go for it.

I know this probably wont help immediately, and I think you already know this, but I think hearing it will help it sink in.

What you're going through is a chemical withdrawal. You were high and now you're not. Things will pass so long as you can avoid fixation in the long term. Let these feelings run through you. Dont hold onto them by association. They are feelings, they are not you.

If someone is a major talentcuck for strength, would this mean if they trained for solely hypertrophy they'd also be a talentcuck in terms of gaining LBM?

He doesn't have a very impressive total for his weight and we already have a fuckton of trips.

Hi durkz, I like you

user

What works for you lads for OHP training?

Want to do it on top of Nuckolls 3 x int med

Your baby lifts don't require auto regilation

Let me know if you figure it out. I'm so close to bodyweight and it's driving me crazy.

ZERO

p. good lad. mirin the home-gym setup

>variation
>RPE
>play things by ear

my nigga. whats your lifts?

one beer won't have much of an effect. currently sippin some Superior :3 (mexican beer) cheers!

I have two push days and alternate between benching and ohp

Push Day 1:
Heavy single bench @90-95%
4x10 paused ohp

Push Day 2:
Heavy single ohp @90-95%
4x10 paused bench

I then do weighted dips, incline dumbbell press, sometimes z presses & handstand push ups, overhead tricep extension.

That works pretty well for me.
Gotten from 75-82.5kg doing this and bench from 100-120kg

Anyone ever done Smolov Jr squat to break a plateau? I've been stuck at 455 for a while and I don't care about the other lifts for now I just want to hit 495.

I've not tried smolov jr before but when I hit a squat plateau this program helped me smash through it. exrx.net/WeightTraining/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html

I did it and it kicked the shit out of me. Didn't get hurt or anything just broke me down and couldn't progress.

So beware. It isn't necessarily going to be succesfully for everyone.

IDK lad. I was thinking of just doing something simple like a 3 x 5 and then 3x8-10 backoffs after my benching.

Not necessarily.

I did a SSish LP for a few months and got to

260x3x5 squat
190x3x5 BP
325x5 Deadlift

At a bodyweight around 215lbs

Pulled my QL pretty badly on a failed squat (that happened because of a bad day). I probably had another month of progress in me if I kept bulking as hard as I was. But getting hurt from squatmorning-ing the weight, and then it fully sinking in how fat I was getting, Im not gonna try and push it that hard again until I plateau.

Its been about 6 weeks since then, dropped about 15lbs and have been running 3x a week. So Im pretty weak but I expect things to improve. Moving on Sunday, so the new environment is probably going to help me set good habits as well.

The Executive[of the CPU] have voted in favour of fully adopting the Canadian Anti-Doping Code (CADP) and the CPU now have an Agreement in place with CCES for the full adoption and implementation. In doing so, the Executive have made a very clear and strong stand to protect the rights of clean athletes.
As many may know, for a number of years the CPU has been following the guidelines of the CADP in concert with IPF Anti-Doping Rules. The full adoption of the CADP now means that all areas of the CADP will be fully implemented directly by CCES.
Important to note, is that full adoption is usually done by government-funded sport organizations in Canada. The CPU will be one of only a handful of non-government funded organizations to adopt the Code, and is apparently the largest of that small group. As a result, the CPU's anti-doping program will be even more meaningful and effective.
Both the CPU and CCES believe that implementing a robust anti-doping program is the best response to the doping problem. By adopting the CADP, the CPU testing Programs will continue to be World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code-compliant and meet all International Standards for Testing, but will also now take into account detection and deterrence, prevention, as well as health and education dimensions.
The CPU's Program will now incorporate the following six elements: 1) Jurisdiction and Application; 2) Athlete Services and Education; 3) Testing; 4) Science; 5) Results Management and; 6) Intelligence and Investigations. More on details of these elements will be provided from CCES in coming weeks.
The CPU has a long history of anti-doping going back to the late 80's when CPU referee/officials collected samples using our own forms and equipment, and were sending them to CCDS as it was known then. The shift to having sample collections done by CCES Doping Control Officers 5-6 years ago was a very big step. And now the development of the Anti-Doping Program has reached the ultimate goal.

Wew lad, I'm about to hop back on the RTS style gains train to.

#buildmomentum #doyourjob #dontjustsurvive

>Acronyms: The Post

>bad day injury
this is why i was so drawn to auto-reg tbqh. i don't have to worry about precise numbers so i dont end up killing myself on bad days or leaving the gym feeling unaccomplished on good days. luck with the move lad

>Your yearly dues are going up: The Post

Is autoregulation actually good way to avoid injury?

Getting really tired of constant injuries.

Choosing not to get injured is a good way to avoid injury.

>Try not to get amped at fuck at 3:06

youtube.com/watch?v=kijpcUv-b8M

if you can react properly, you'll know when you're more likely to get injured so you'll have a cue to back off and not grind through an impossible rep. also you'll know when you're too fatigued to handle heavy volume so overall, less risk, but no guarantee

Just hit 100kg squat for a 5x5 today. What would my 1rm estimate be. What percentage?
The last set was very hard.

My legs are already big as fuck compared to the rest of my body i dun wanna do leg hypertrophy anymore god damnit.

When doing sets of 8, how good of a substitution is OHP for squats?

Thanks think I'll try my hand as I am just coming back.

Your legs are not big as fuck; do the fucking program.

Why not just hit squats for a 5x3 or 10x1?

*at it

Find five reps and guess the RPE on the first set. Thats the estimated percent of your 1RM

Squat: 455
Deadlift: 535
Bench: ...275

What the fuck is wrong with me. My squat and Deadlift are skyrocketing but my bench has been stuck for a while now.

>on plg
>not squatting
Why are you even here

Bench more, eat more, and train your upper body like a bodybuilder.

SCARED THE FUCK OUT OF ME

my squat is miles ahead of all my other lifts send help

Boardie my dad has been saying since it came out to make a video of a redneck looking dude shooting at nothing with a phone duct taped to his head shouting about how he got the little fucker.

And here you are stealing the spirit of his idea. Shame on you.

People do tend to excel at one of the three powerlifts.

Deadlift here, wbu guys

Tell your dad I'm sorry I had the means for memes

I'm shit or sub-shit at all of them

negroda?

I'm weak too, but nonetheless, my DL is far and beyond all my other lifts, some +15% according to SymetricStrength while my squat is like -3% and my bench is like -8%.

Oh sike it's even worse than I remembered

>symmetricstrength

I do like looking at my little green man though sometimes

This garbage ass site thinks I'm world class. Why are strength standards always so low?

Talentcuck roider tBh

Because they're strength standards for the general population, not competitive powerlifters.

Because they get there statistics from the average gym rat not world class lifters.

do something different for your bench. you can probably do more volume at higher intensity than you currently are. also dont be afraid to train it more frequently and do many variants

>world class
Sup haack
>I'm not haack
Okay then post lifts u lil bitch

Half right but ok

>trying to call out user during comfy time
You should really know better by now.

I'm so FUCKING SICK of walking into SSBs trickery

>tfw spent the past 3 hours working on my car since the belt broke off and I need it for work tomorrow

I can't wait to hit the sack, holy shit.

does your trip name mean safety squat bar? like that sperg westside bar?