Routine Check

This is the routine I put together that I'm going to start in mid fall and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's good or if there's anything they'd add or take away. Also general routine thread.

Monday:
Squat
Weighted dips
Weighted chins
Db rows
Push ups

Wednesday:
Powerclean
Front squat
OHP
Pull ups
Push ups

Friday:
DL
DB bench
Pull ups/chins
Push ups
Hamstring curls

Tues/thurs:
Burpees
Core work
Running

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

r8 my routine thread?

I'm not sure i understand what's going on with this spreadsheet thing

what's there to clarify?

Nvm I'm just dumb. I like it, what's the schedule throughout the week?

No idea.

It looks like a PLP.
However, according to the notes above, everything should be done to Failure and with max weights all the time (???).

So I assume it's impossible to run this on a PLPx pattern but you would have to at most do PxLxPx which, according to Veeky Forums defeats the whole purpose of a split.

Can someone expert advise?

I assume for the working sets you'd go moderately heavy and then lower the weight for the burn out set. Where did you get this routine from?

I cant recall, that's the problem.
I had it on my HD somewhere and wanted to start trying it but vetting through Veeky Forums first as it has a weird setup.

Only thing I know is that the excel sheet is called "heavy weight.xls" - not helpful at all.

Can anyone recommend a good Push/Pull/Legs routine?

Hoping for something like ABCxABCx etc.

A

Main:
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Chin-up 3xFailure

Assistance:
Calf raise 2x10-15
Lateral raise 2x8-12
Leg Extensions 2x8-12
Planks 3xF

B

Main:
Deadlift 2x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5

Assistance:
Ham Curl 2x8-12
Incline chest press 2x8-12
BB Curl 1x8-12
Planks 3xFailure

AxBxAxBxA

Add weight after 15 reps on failure exercises.

Should I do accessories like this or maybe switch them around so my, say, bench accessory is on non-bench day for maximum frequency gains?

One of the things i don't like is that the only core work are crunches and reverse crunches

A
Bench 3x5
OHP 5x5 (light)
Chinup 3x10
Curls 3x10

B
Squat 3x5
romanian deadlifts 3x5
Hyperextension 3x10

C
OHP 3x5
Bench 5x5 (light)
machine row 3x10
Curls 3x10

D
Deadlift 1x5
squat 5x5 (light)
Hyperextension 3x10

ABxCDxx

Thinking of trying the classic PHUL: muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

However is there any advantage if, instead of 2 rest days (day 6 and 7), I only do one rest day on day 6 (and restart on day 7)?
This way the workout would be 5.5 days/week (averaged over two weeks) rather than the prescribed 4 days/week.

Thoughts?

You guys actually have set routines? I just go to our the gym and do whatever as long as I hit every muscle twice a week

More squats, more oats

If you're going light why only 5 reps? And maybe relpace the machine row or the chins with 3x5 weighted chins seeing as how you don't really have a strength exercise for pulling besides DLs

>daily repetitions should reach upwards of 2000 if not 4000

>30+sets for one exercise in not unusual

rich plz

Most people here need them because they are new to exercise and simply don't have any understanding of their own body.

yeah because having a plan has proven to be bad in every area of life, right?

routines push you harder in almost all cases. when doing "whatever" it's easier to skip that last set because you think you're done. it's easier to go a bit ligher. it's easier to skip that extra rep that a routine would FORCE you to do. of course some people can still progress quite well doing just whatever, but most people will simply be more efficient with a routine

>inner pec day
I'm being baited

No you silly cunt.

It's about people who have the understanding and will power to get a decent workout without needing to adhere to a program to do it.

By the by, the best and life long lifters from old usually just lifted whatever every day and never FORCED THEMSELVES HARDCORE BRUH!! until it was time to show off.

Its from a humour thread, the routine i wrote out is the one i wanted people to look at

Why are you doing so many push-ups

Mostly for musclular endurance

Just finished cutting 3 weeks, gonna start Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 BBB to make up for a bad strength base.

Been lifting on and off for 3 years, starting with SS but very fast switching to a hypertrophy push pull.

btw question about it, its a 3 month program where every month you increase the assistance work from your working set from 50%, to 60%, to 70%.
Can you do this program for longer than 3 months, and if so do you stay on the 70%?

I think that's way too much frequency for such a high intensity workout.
2 sets of deadlifts is already a lot, especially at the start of your workout. You'll be drained for your bench.
You're pressing too much, you have 5 sets of horizontal pressing movements, only 3 sets of rows, you're going to end up with muscle imbalances in your shoulders.

>By the by, the best and life long lifters from old usually just lifted whatever every day and never FORCED THEMSELVES HARDCORE BRUH!! until it was time to show off.

bullshit

It's kind of true. A lot of the old performer strongmen apparently did a lot of their training with low rep submax sets on a fairly high frequency.

Of course, when you're talking about guys who press in the 3s and pull in the 6s while only weighing 200ish you tend to find very different definitions of 'harcore' or 'max effort' to the average person.

>A lot of the old performer strongmen apparently did a lot of their training with low rep submax sets on a fairly high frequency

yes, but that is totally different from "just lifting whatever every day"

hows this look? my friend who's a personal trainer helped make this for me. +20 min bike roughly 3-4 times a week

only question is i started my cut last week, will this hold up until i hit my desired goal?

hope the pic aint too small

Maybe add dumbbell rows as accessories, shift the deads to the end of the main workout and revert to 3xweek?

A:
Bench Press 5x5
DB Press 3x8
Dips 3x10
Cable Flies 3x10
B:
Pullups 3x10
Bent-over Row 3x8
Seated Rows 3x8
Deadlift 4x5
C:
DB Curls 3x10
Close grip curls 3x10
Close Grip Bench 3x8
Triceps Pushdown 3x10
SkullCrushers 3x8
D:
The Press 5x5
Lateral Raises 3x10
Front Lateral Raises 3x10
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 4x5
E:
Bench Press 5x5
Cable Files 3x10
The Press 5x5
Pullups 3x10
Chinups 3x10
Triceps Pushdown 3x10
ABCDxEx

Why do you leave DLs at the end of your workouts and how long have you been working out?

Cause DL really fucks up my grip and can't really do anything after it.I have been lifting for 7 months but only last 3 months committed to a program and slow bulking. Right now doing a split but don't really like going 6 times a week and want to know if this program can actually work.

Been doing Greyskull LP for about 3 weeks, and just had a good ole' chat with the PT at my gym and he said it was retarded pretty much.

He then went onto saying doing a strength program as a beginner is wrong, instead should do hypertrophy and then strength programs after a year or so of weightlifting.

I honestly don't know what I should do now. My overall goal is to obviously look good, but also be able to lift a decent amount ya'know.

And suggestions?
(Been weightlifting for about 2 or so months)

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Been considering swapping to this PPL program, but instead of PPLPPLx , I was thinking of just going 5 days, so it'd be PPLPPxx

do PPLULxx then

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

Also been looking at this routine too, not sure on it either. So many ideas rushing through my head. Shit's fucked.

consider a push pull split instead
PPxPxPx or PPxPPxp

What's the 'U' day? Sorry, don't understand.

Doing 5x5 with bicep curls and leg raises on the deadlift ohp day, with side laterals and planks on the bench row day.

>mfw I read posts in these threads of people doing splits