QTDDTOT Pupper edition

Last one is just about dead.

Is 1/2/3/4 the ideal setup for moving into an intermediate routine, or should it be based on the number of deloads one is forced to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b1f6mk1aVuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deloads.
if you're still progressing, there's no need to switch anything up.
My question is, what's a better diet for losing bf%, high fat or high carb? Or does it matter at all. I read conflicting shit everywhere.

moderate carbs and fat and up your protein ratio, cut calories duh

just take your maintenance and cut 300 calories a day and you'll be losing a pound a week if your lifting and cardio is on point

I'm aware of all that, not my first cut, just wondering which would be more efficient, or whether it makes a difference at all.

Dumbbell pullover on push day or on pull day ?

Can anyone suggest a good cheap home workout set

Are you considered a intermediate lifter once you go past noob gains or is it once you hit certain numbers on the big lifts?

I was only able to put size on my arms (biceps and triceps) by doing as much exercises I could, heavy as I could, for as long as I could. This resulted in long workout sessions. I want to cut down on the time I dedicate to my arms, but I don't want to lose the size I've gained. Will reducing the amount of exercises/sets I do (per workout) cause my arms to lose the progress they've made aesthetically?
Any difference on a cut/bulk?
I find my arms never get tired when I work them out, so I end up doing insanely long workouts. I currently work them out 2x a week and end up doing around 8 different exercises each for bi's and tri's 3x10. I know it's stupid, but I've seen more progression on this and would like to shorten my workouts.

There's really no consistent definition, but its most commonly "when you're no longer able to make consistent progress session-to-session".

Which day actually has room for it? If on push do em with straight arms, if on pull with bent elbows

Will SS make me T-Rex mode?
If so should I add some arm exercises so they don't lag?

Do Greyskull LP, less legwork, more reasonable progress, acessory work easier to fit in if you want that, yada yada

If you have an easy time building leg mass then SS _will_ give you t-rex legs

I used to do them bent elbows on pull days, tks for the trick I'll try with straight arms, maybe do both on two days.

The gym I have to go to (due to location) might not have the best free weights selection just looking on their website. I think they MAY have a bench and that's about it but I'm not sure. Assuming this is true are there any good routines that utilise all of those machines that gyms seem to want these days? They have plenty of those.

if you're cutting over 0.7% of your total body weight a weak you'll be eating into lean mass as well. So bear that in mind.

Doesn't matter, I'd say do them on push day for sick tricep pump but it makes no difference.

When you no longer make consistent progress on a linear progression template and require periodisation to make gains.

Use more weight so you do less reps and save time.

Pick a Bi and a Tri exercise that's more suitable for heavy load and start off with lower rep and heavier work.
Ex: Lying triceps extensions (look up how rippetoe deos them) 3x6-8
Barbell/Ez-Bar Curl 3x6-8
Triceps exercise #2 2-3x8-10
Biceps exercise #2 2-3x8-10
Triceps exercise #3 2-3x10-12
Biceps exercise #3 2-3x10-12

Rest ~2-3 mins on #1, 1-2 mins on #2 and ~30secs on exercises #3.
Exercises #3 can prolly be supersetted to save even more time. This should get you done in about an hour?

>if you're cutting over 0.7% of your total body weight a weak you'll be eating into lean mass as well. So bear that in mind.

Yes, I know, what I'm asking is whether eating a high carb or a high fat diet makes a difference if they're the same calorie wise.

I die if i dont have carbs on lifting days, just my experience tho.

My legs are pretty shit so in that case I assume that it will help me get to a normal balance without giving me T-REX legs, right?

Sure, if you don't like the speed of your leg development you can just transfer program later, just don't kid yourself. If you're starting to question whether you're going t-rex or not, you're prolly going t-rex.

What is DIDLY? Can actually who is nice enough explain common acronyms used here?

Deadlift I assume

I've got about 8 lbs left of my cut, and I've been cutting for a few months and I feel exhausted, depressed, hungry, and weak. How do I keep motivated to keep cutting and how do I keep from giving in and binging?

How do you improve grip fast? I could deadlift 3pl8 when I started so my grip never had a chance to develop. I really don't want to use straps

>PULLover
>pull or push day?

wew

When you do your last rep, just hold the bar up until your grip fails. Should work pretty well.
Otherwise you can do heavy kroc rows, they also help a bunch.

Just to make sure, I'm doing it with mixed grip (only last set), so hold it with mixed grip?
Also desu the problem is that I fail to do my 5 reps because my grip fails so I doubt I will be able to hold it in my last

Nope, go double underhand, always.
Just do as many as you can then and still hold it on the last rep.

Take a week to eat at maintenance and reward yourself with some treats. You'll feel refreshed afterwards.

1/2/3/4 is a meme and you got baited hard

when daily progress stops coming deload a couple of times untill you make no progress again and move onto a weekly progress workout

if you awnt grip strength don't "cheat" using mixed you nerd

do as the other user said, use magnesium and try to hold your 80-90% of your 1RM for as long as you can
take that as an accesory excercise for your DL

I mean overhand, fuck

I'm on SL and have reached 95kg SQ / 105 DL. After a month i'm getting back to it, deloaded everything by 20%. My question is if i can switch programs to 3x5 like SS or Greyskull. I'm tired of the 5 fucking sets. I've read up on why 5 sets, they claim it's to practice form. I mean I was at 95kg, it's not much, but how much form practice can one fucking need? Also, what's the general opinion on "The average f'n program" here? It seems interesting because it has more deadlifts for a beginner program.

I've tried both routines and I can confirm you SS is indeed better. Or at the very least it worked better for me and my friends.

If you have your form down, then you will lose nothing by switching to 3x5.
SS and GSLP are both great.

Is IIFYM a meme?
Pic semi-related: Battered Mars Bar

How do I go to the gym and do my workout without looking like a sperg?

Did that a month ago, it helped, but I can't do it again after only a month.

I gained too much fat on a bulk and now I don't have a clue what to do. Everything told me to eat loads to gain so I did, and my lifts did go up, but ended up with a belly and way more fat than I should have done. I don't know what to do now - I'm still a beginner and don't want to spend months cutting and making no gains.

basically when I started I was really skinny (60kg 5'8) , bulked for ages and probably drank way too much milk and got to nearly 80kg. now I've stopped bulking I'm down to 72kg but I'm just stuck in limbo - not a good cut because not enough muscle to show and not getting any gains in the meantime because of calorific deficit. What weight should I cut down to before starting bulking again (correctly this time) ?

whole thing is pissing me off because I was making good progress in gym (started with just the bar squats, got to 95kg 5x5) and now its like I have to put everything on hold.

Cut, you sound like a noob so you'll still make gains. You won't have enough muscle as you'd like at the end, but at least you'll be able to start your bulk properly. If you start bulking now you'll feel like shit because you'll look like shit.

Just like you have to cut properly, you also need to bulk properly.
What that means is never going over 300-500 cals maintenance, or otherwise you'll just get fat again.
Cut down again, and try again from the start and this time don't just stuff your face mindlessly.

can you give me any idea of what weight I should try to cut down to? just need a goal to work towards. I want to cut fast as well, so not really a proper cut. Just want to lose weight quickly so I can start a real slow and steady clean bulk.

What makes GSLP? The fact that the last set is as many reps as possible? Or am i missing something?

Cut properly or you'll regret it m8.

What the hell is butt-wink and can someone give me an example (youtube?) of bad butt wink vs good form without butt wink?

cut, then short cycle then maintain

Ideally you're working towards a bf% not a weight and you should aim for around 10%.

I'm thinking of transitioning from low bar to high bar squats to preserve and increase the longevity of my lower back. Is that wise or just paranoia talking?

Mostly paranoia. Try high bar if you like - it might end up working better for you - but it isn't really safer on the back.

yeah I get that, but I have very little muscle to cut down to. I just want to get down to a lowish weight and then do a clean bulk so I can actually make gains.

pls help i want to be fit like you guys

Are there any good alternatives to squats. I have atp and I tried it and I managed lmao1pl8 for 1 rep before my lower back gave in. Are Bulgarian split squats an trap bar deadlifts good?

Should I decrease my working weight if I decide to switch to high bar?

what do you mean with
>lowet back gave in
you mean you rounded your back?

I got really bad pain in my lower back

yes

Almost certainly. How much you'll need to drop back by varies but you'll probably have to dedicate a couple sessions to learning the form and figuring out your new working weights. Most people are about 10% stronger lowbar but it can vary a lot.

Squat only 2x/week, deadlift only 1x/week, microload upper body lifts, only 2 main lifts each day, weighted chinups every other day (or just mon and fridays)

Listen up you little bitch, your fitness is not our concern: it's yours. So take charge of it. Physically go to the gym you lazy fuck and see what it's like. If it's shit, find a better gym. If it's not, congratulations, you're a winner.

The recommended routines are Greyskull, SS, and even ICF. Do not deviate. Do not despair. Persevere. Grant yourself 3 months of absolute dedication, and I guarantee you results.

sounds like rounding to me. It's a flexibilityproblem not a strength problem. Here are the things that help:
>don't go deeper than you have to
>use more weight
>wear olympic weightlifting shoes
>improve ankle flexibility/stretch soleus
>swith to highbar squats
>shove your knees out
>feet at 60-90°
>stretch glutes+hamstrings (with a straight back)+adductors (in squat position)

Why microload the bench press? Do i really need .5kg plates to do GSLP?

and vary the stance width

What happens if I take roids and lift heavy while being overweight (close to obese)??

You can get pretty far with 2.5kg increments on bench, but by not using 1kg increments you are no longer doing the program (literally the words of the author). The logic is basically that if you're gonna do a program til the squats/diddlies stall you might as well just microload the bench/ohp from the getgo and avoid deloads. You'll probably end up getting your bench/ohp higher on this program because you'll be using reasonable progress

I'm doing PPL currently. The problem I have with weighted dips and pull ups is that if I do them first then they fuck up my compound lifts. But if I do them second then I can literally not do a single rep (this is mainly on dips following bench press). Would it be wise if I avoid them on pull and push days and instead do them separately on the legs day?

I just hit 4pl8 deadlift and my grip is barely holding on even with mixed grip. Is it time to use straps for heavy singles or work on my grip?

ok thanks I'll try to improve my mobility and see if that helps, thank you

You'll get mantitties
Not kidding

Just get some straps and use them when maxing out. Farmers walks are also good

So Veeky Forums i fell off a truck last week and tweaked my back. Squatting and deadlifting hurt like a motherfucker, pretty much anything that might incolve your back causes a lot of discomfort, and my mobility has gone down a bit.

How can i rehab my back without going to the doctor? I just started lifting a few weeks ago and havent really done anything since the accident because of the pain. I want to lift but my body doesnt.

like 13% bf should be your initial goal. Measure it using 7 point calipers if you're autistic about it but the navy one is accurate enough (~3% variance)

That makes perfect sense to me, too bad i'm not secure enough to bring .5kg plates to my normie ass gym

Can someone please explain me why I should keep fat intake low while bulking? Everyone says the only thing that affects your weight is calories in/calories out. Then why shouldn't I just eat fat food for easy calories as long as I get enough protein to build muscle?

Last set being AMRAP is a pretty big thing because it means when you deload you can still set a volume PR the following weak. So basically you are starting to autoregulate intensity and volume which sets you up well for intermediate programs.

You shouldn't keep fat intake low while bulking. Fats are important for a healthy endocrine system.

Just make sure you have a sensible macros and eat veg for micro nutrients.

Best way to improve deadlift grip strength?

Do you switch grip?

Is... is that all?

Yes. To clarify, I meant improving pronated grip strength over mixed grip

high rep dumbell rows (croc rows)

must be humiliating to fail a deadlift because of your grip strength

Just had my first workout a couple of days ago after a month long break. I was planning on going again today but my muscles are still sore, would it be a good idea to leave off for another day until the DOMS is gone? I guess I'm rusty because I'm not used to not recovering after 48 hours

Listen up you little bitch, power through. Perform your first warm-up set twice to sufficiently warm your muscles and then progress through your warm-up routine.

Work through DOMS you pussy. Supplement with HMB if it's that bad

Listen up you little bitch, either pay for a doctor or stop lifting altogether. You can try yoga for your lower back pain. Specifically, Yoga Vidya's "Yoga for Complete Beginners - Yoga Class 20 Minutes"

Thanks guys

Your core is probably hilariously weak. T-Nation has a good ab workout thing called 21st century abs training or something. google it

No idea about your question, but

>tfw Scottish and never actually seen a battered mars bar in person
>tfw the English and Americans always make jokes about it
>tfw battered pizza is definitely the most appealing thing you can get in a chippy

As a 300lb guy trying to lift and lose weight, will 1500cal limit kill me? I also do physical labor as a job (wire running and installation).

Yes. Think of weight loss as a relatively short term project. I assume you have been overweight or obese for more than 7 years. 2 years of steady dieting and exercise is a much shorter period of time in comparison. To rephrase, slowly cut for 730 days to counter the 2555 days of being a fat fuck. Go to Scooby's website, calculate your TDEE and subtract 500 calories.

I heard that running shoes are bad when you squat, so should I use my stringless converse shoes when I go to the gym?
(only shoes other than running that I have)

I've been trying to move from highbar to lowbar and I'm struggling with it. Does it look ok? I'm trying to find the proper place to put it, but I'm having a hard time

do you have rear delts?

Flat soled shoes with minimal cushioning are better than running shoes. Investing in a pair of Adipowers would be best

having a hard time locating them

Hip rounding
youtube.com/watch?v=b1f6mk1aVuA
Yes, squashy shoes are shit for squats
Thats not on your rear delt 'shelf' tighten it up

went to the gym for the first time today
planned to do cable crossovers but one side had been lowered to the bottom of the machine
how the fuck do i move it

So after I pack on some muscle
Skinny-Fat isnt a thing anymore right ?

Why didn't you ask for help?

Correct

Skinny fat is having a lower bf% but havin problem fat such as chest and gut. Only muscle gain and cutting mixed with cardio can remove you from skinny fat.

Skinny fat is being healthy bmi with >25% bf