Is it possible to be intelligent and lift?

Is it possible to be intelligent and lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21299297
ironmanmag.com.au/training/training-tips/169-exercising-intelligence-how-research-shows-a-link-between-physical-activity-and-smarts
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent
sengifted.org/archives/articles/the-impact-of-giftedness-on-psychological-well-being
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_and_intelligence
businessinsider.com/facts-you-dont-want-to-know-iq-2011-11
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150511125318.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3rd thread about this. Fuck off

Sadly not. I've found that the muscle-bound buffoons I see frequenting the campus gym are all idiots. In my six years at this university I've seen my fair share of young bucks attempt to lift weights and each and every one of them is unabashedly stupid. I'll take my mental gains over becoming a blathering retard any day of the week.

Yes.

But naturally fit people generally don't even try and naturally intelligent people generally think being intelligent makes up for being weak, so because everyone is looking to make excuses the intelligent and fit become a rare breed.

This

Fuck off.

It's impossible to be a succesful lifter without being at the very least somewhat intelligent.. Granted you don't have the money to emply someone to do all the thinking for you.

Nope OP. It is a physical impossibility due to Strength and Intelligence being inversely related.

President of the American Mathematical Society (and professor at Duke) lifts.

>t. My asshole

you miss the point hard, the 90% of fuckers who frequent the university campus are retards anyway

Exercise makes your brain work better.

Yes. There's literally a 99% chance that I'm smarter than you, and I lift.

I never claimed to be particularly GOOD at it, but I lift.

I have an IQ of 130, so yes.

>to integent to lift

>muscle-bound buffoons

This.
And fat people are generally stupid.
But I think intelligent people are more inclined towards cardio than building muscle.
This is just something Ive observed so far in my life...

Lifting or exercise is intelligent thing to do health wise

There is also the physical intelligence for Bruce Lee and others

Gyms are full of morons taking 10 minute breaks between supersets of bicep curls and bench press.

Of course nobody smart wants to hang out somewhere like that.

I definitely sometimes feel TOO intelligent

No it's not.
You'll always be smarter when you have less muscle mass. It is a fact of life. That doesn't mean you aren't intelligent when you compare yourself to others, even those who don't lift.

I think that if a person is intelligent then they would realize that becoming fit is a good thing

This is absolutely retarded. What sort of empirical data do you have to back that up?

Lol, my friend your body prioritises survival and repair after a workout, so the majority of your nutrients and blood supply are shuttled to your muscles, for days after a workout. Strangling your brain, and denying it it's full potential.

And when catabolism occurs, naturally as it should, your kidneys take a hit in the end.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

Sufficient reply.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21299297

Granted, this does focus on brain improvement in children only, but I've yet to see anything you've put forth proving that exercise/lifting lowers intelligence or stunts its growth.

In overweight children yes. Same way that fat people are more likely to be unintelligent. More mass= poorer brain circulation/nutrient supply.

i dont know why im even replying to this thread but the man pictured here, Christopher Langan, has the ~third highest iq in the world if my memory serves me correct.

if he didnt lift, he'd be more intelligent

hes so retarded hes smart

The captain of my wrestling team used to huff paint to try to kill his braincells so less blood would be sapped away by his brain from his muscles.

Doctor here. Top 1 percentile of the country.
I lift

The meathead stereotype and unfit nerd are just a jew created meme. Fit people are more than likely to have a higher IQ and unfit people are more likely to have a lower IQ. Attractiveness also correlated with a higher IQ. Someone that's athletic and attractive is more often than not above average intelligence. Life isn't like some DND system where you have a set pool of attributes with limited distribution. If you're fit and attractive you're also likely to have a higher IQ.

Fitness and IQ
ironmanmag.com.au/training/training-tips/169-exercising-intelligence-how-research-shows-a-link-between-physical-activity-and-smarts

Attractiveness and IQ
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent

Higher IQ are also found to be more competitive
sengifted.org/archives/articles/the-impact-of-giftedness-on-psychological-well-being

Height also correlates with a higher IQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_and_intelligence

Income correlates with a higher IQ with the 10th percentile being the highest earners
businessinsider.com/facts-you-dont-want-to-know-iq-2011-11

Competitive sports participation also correlates with a higher IQ
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150511125318.htm

Life isn't fair. People more often than not have the whole package or parts of it. Most of the men in my sports program are also in STEM and have no problem with keep up with playing and training schedules and classes.

You clearly know nothing about anatomy. Don't make assumptions based on your half-baked philosophies.

Brain circulation is prioritised at all costs.
Adrenaline is a vasoconstrictor, yes?
Doesn't matter if you inject adrenaline into the carotid artery, it won't contract.

A U T I S M

Then why was someone like Muhammad Ali so Veeky Forums if he had an iq of 64.

It was 78, and because it was an army conscription IQ test. He was trying to deliberately fail so he wouldn't be sent into action.

Because a correlation between two things doesn't mean that they go together in every case, it just means that there is a tendency for them to go together.

>six years at this university
Masterfully crafted bait

Muhammad Ali was a boxer

You disgusting mouthbreather. You don't deserve a (you) but I'll give you one anyways for being so mind bogglingly retarded. Ignoring the falsity of the statement even if he did become more intelligent if he stopped lifting, the question of the thread was if it was possible to lift and still be smart. Becoming smarter if you stop lifting doesn't disprove this point.

t.Drunk lawyer