Fit, how do I motivate my mom and my sister to lead a healthy lifestyle? Theyre just overweight, not obese...

Fit, how do I motivate my mom and my sister to lead a healthy lifestyle? Theyre just overweight, not obese. But i want them to try at nutrition and working out at their own will.

>tfw sister tells me about mcd hamburger she just ate is only 600 cal
> i get pissed after telling her countless times to go light on fastfood and lash out saying why bother even counting calories.

Its like she lives for the moment and moment only. Shes doing fine in other aspects in life but when it comes to health and diet, she does it like theres no tomorrow. I want them to stop acting like low class niggers and take care of their lives

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QImX2VTpVPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You cook for them food that taste good and is healthy. You meal prep for them for a few weeks.

Once they start dropping the pounds, they may become enlightened.

Tell her the actions she does now will benefit her future self.

The actions she commits today will affect her future self.

If she stuffs mcdonalds everyday, her future self will be fat.

honestly bro

some are born with more will power than others

im somewhere down the 50% mark

50% of the time im cutting low calorie
other 50% im bulking on pure shit food

thank god they balance out and i havent gained weight

S A U C E
A
U
C
E

helga something

This right here.

Most people don't eat shitty food because they logically think it's the right decision. Most people know that FatDonald's is terrible and not good for their health. Trying to logically argue someone who isn't making decisions based on logic is a hard, and often unfruitful road.

Let them experience the fact that good food can be delicious and satisfying. If you find it worthwhile to put in the work, they may benefit.

Also realize that a lot of people eat crap for emotional reasons, and they may have problems that need to be addressed in other ways before they will be willing to fix their diets.

Helga Lovekaty

Thanks!

this ass is my motivation.
youtu.be/QImX2VTpVPA

>Fit, how do I motivate my mom and my sister to lead a healthy lifestyle?

You can't.
They have to motivate themself to do.

Most People want to be lean, they want the result, but they give up when they see what kind amount of work it takes to reach that Goal.

helga lovekaty

You're a nagging nosy cunt, stop trying to control people who don't owe anything to you

You can't make people passionate for things they don't care about. If they don't have a "come to Jesus" moment with fitness on their own, then it's never going to happen.

>wanting his family to be healthier and more capable, wanting to share life with them for longer, wanting to help provide them with a better experience - this is being a nosy, controlling cunt
You seem to have clicked on Veeky Forums instead of Tumblr. Check your bookmarks.

You're a nagging nosy cunt, stop trying to control OP who doesn't owe anything to you

That's exactly what it is tho
What you want is irrelevant, they have their own lives and you don't control them

OP is asking for input and his mom and sister aren't, big difference

Solid advice is solid

OP didn't ask for input on whether or not he should continue to try and help his family become healthier. You are literally opinion raping him, shitlord. Stop being such a nosy, controlling cunt.

You're acting like he's chaining them to a treadmill and force feeding them healthy food, spaz. It sounds like your own insecurities are creeping in.
In the same way that a loved one might try to convince a family member to stop doing drugs, to work hard at school, so on, he sees that the people he loves aren't giving themselves as successful a life experience as they could... and he wants to make a difference.

There have always been mainly 2 types of people in the world, so far as I can tell.
>well, the world is going to shit around me, but it's not my business, so I'll just stay out of it
and
>I care for people, and want to play a role in making their lives better.

This guy is the fucking hero of his family. Why don't you sit on the sidelines and just worry about yourself, you child.

>This guy is the fucking hero of his family.

He surely thinks he is
But he's doing absolutely nothing but bitch and moan and nag at them
He's a cunt. Plain and simple. He wants them to do this and that, but isn't actually helping them do anything. If anything he's making it worse by being obnoxious, his sister won't want to follow what he says even if it's good advice
He can take his good intentions and shove it

You dont. Don't say shit. Don't pressure them. You can't change people not only when it comes to something so hard but also when they're women AND you're related to them.

Would be a waste of time.

All you can do is change yourself & lead by example.

>>I care for people, and want to play a role in making their lives better

Why did you delete the other post
But really, how is lashing out at his sister for counting calories making her life better? Aspergers isn't fucking heroism you idiot

I deleted the other post because I accidentally replied to the wrong post, and wanted to get the two I was aiming for. Fixed it in the 2nd iteration of that reply.

Yeah, lashing out at his sister isn't going to make her life better, most likely, since it probably won't (and apparently isn't) working.
When you realize a strategy like that isn't working, do you know what a smart and compassionate person would do? They might ask for advice on a better strategy, on how to accomplish this better... idk, just like his post was asking?

He's here for our help so he can help his family, and what it sounds like your saying is, "help is bad, just ignore the damage your family is doing to themselves, just look out for yourself."

No, seriously, how is OP NOT a fucking faggot? His sister at least makes a starting effort towards controlling her eating by counting calories, and OP instead of encouraging the calorie counting habit, which is something that could easily evolve to putting more thought into her eating, he spergs out on her, throws a fucking tantrum, tries to act like she owes him shit and has to obey him just because he told her to "go light on fast food", and yet he's SOMEHOW the hero of his family? Fuck off, he just has autism

Nope, what it sounds like I'm saying is that he's being a cunt and he's acting like he owns them. Which he doesn't. The sooner he realizes it the better.
Start treating your family with some fucking respect if you care about them so much OP

So how would you respect your family and still try to show them that healthy choices are better, leading the whole family to live better lives?

You don't act like a cunt towards them
You try to make things enjoyable
You make it easy for them to adopt new habits
You make them feel good about their choices when they take an interest in doing good things like counting calories

>You try to make things enjoyable
>You make it easy for them to adopt new habits
>You make them feel good about their choices when they take an interest in doing good things like counting calories
Great. Then that is a perfect answer to OP's
>Fit, how do I motivate my mom and my sister to lead a healthy lifestyle?
question.

Telling him to essentially ignore it and not try to be a factor in their life decisions is not.

The only real answer is positive reinforcement without sounding like a douche.

You can't chastise people into doing the good things for them. But you can be awesome when they pick the good things.

>Telling him to essentially ignore it and not try to be a factor in their life decisions is not.

I didn't tell him to ignore it
I told him to stop trying to control them because they don't owe him shit. Telling his sister not to eat this and that is trying to control her. It's being cunty and nosy. It's nagging. He should stop it.

If you're so upset on his behalf because I insulted him then sorry but I won't take it back, he deserves it