reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GcOHGnnuw-ejI5OEtYbkdoRGM/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GcOHGnnuw-d01sREE5aS1oY1k/view?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh bumper xD

I have problems extending my arms in the jerk, I feel like I cannot lock it. This is of course due to my lack of mobility, but I want to know what mobility exercises I need to do.

are your arms relaxed before the jerk

Yes, I think.. I just feel like I cannot jerk the bar with such a narrow grip. I can't lock the elbows and shrug at the same time and the bar ends up falling forward

widen grip then lol

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Commisar's notes on the Meme Method
>pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM
>>

EH COMRADE

post a video

weightlifting

Anyone pr lately? I just got 3kg on my clean and jerk the other day.

i prd my squat

really felt like i had more in me

might go for another pr again today

Had a shit day snatching yesterday 5x3 @80% but I had a silly miss got angry and missed again. Then hit the 3rd triple and coach said move on I looked tired today

Hit %s on clean and jerk and squat no drama atleast but fuck it's so frustrating sometimes

Lmao Russia

Thi is a farce
What is IWF thinking

Can someone please tell me what this thread is about? I don't understand.

olympic weightlifting

Ya I prd my squat at 235kg and my bench press at 160.5 kg

235kg squat

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GcOHGnnuw-ejI5OEtYbkdoRGM/view?usp=drivesdk

160.5kg bench press

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GcOHGnnuw-d01sREE5aS1oY1k/view?usp=drivesdk

My new name thx

Should I have my arms relaxed in the snatch when I move the bar up overhead?

I mean the third pull

>lifting more than 3x a week
enjoy overtraining you fucking cucks

u shud rly just get bck n2 pwrliftan tbqhwy

No. How are you going to pull yourself under the bar and lock out with jelly arms?

lol that guy behind you trying to lowkey check you, and his reaction when you make the lift

i love you zlatan

Anyone have experience with DHS training bar?

someone give me program

1xF bullet in head

le max every day

Hey! That's my proram!!!!

mine too

How do i learn power cleans?

learn cleans, then catch them higher

What is the best way of approaching it? Which part of the lift do i practice first? What is a reasonable schedule etc? Any good articles on this?

one approach i'd recommend is googling it

I've done pretty much heavy singles to 5 reppers 6 days a week with cardio on 3 of those days since I started a cut a few months ago and I haven't experienced what anyone would refer to as overtraining

If getting shredded as fuck is overtraining I'm all for it

>ill intent

>thrill intent

/owg/ delivering quality as usual

why even bother posting if you are gonna shitpost like that?

this isn't powerlifting where you can learn the lifts in a day without trying

it takes months to get good at the snatch and clean and jerk; explaining the lifts in text is really hard

how come you're so strong but you're not that big

do you even bb my man

mine too!

Im sorry that nobody took you seriously, but its true what said. When i tried to learn the power clean (olympic style, not some rippetoe assistance exercise for deadlift) i sucked at it even after doing it for a month and watching lots of videos and reading books. I got frustrated and went into an oly course, but after that i started to focus purely on oly lifting hehe.

The answer depends, how serious are you about it? Do you want to get into oly lifting, or just learn it for "fun"?

Well i have some programs my coach has made me to do in my 1.5years of oly lifting, if you are interested. But i would have to know your current status to give you the right one

This has to be coming from someone who is just getting started

bulgarian

if you're just starting out do bar work and a strength program on the side with pressing like twice a week, pulling twice a week and squatting three times

doesnt matter too much as long as you're learning technique and making a bit of strength progress

i cant really help you here sorry

clean is the least technical of the three lifts though

>Clean is the least technical
It is but I can snatch better than I can clean. Always felt the jerk was the easiest

For me it is snatch > clean > jerk

Snatch is easier to fail ofc but it just feels really good still. I thought i was ok at jerks but i never get it right, coach is always dissapointed with my leg work when it gets a bit more heavy. I always rely too much on my front leg and my knee ends up past my heel and my back leg is kinda straight and not bent