Why did bodybuilding turn into shit?

Why did bodybuilding turn into shit?

Arnold might have taken a ton of juice, but at least he looked like Adonis, chiseled with precision with great build and form. What we see today look disgusting and sickly, like some kind of swollen mutants with massive roid guts. How do we make bodybuilding great again?

Pic related, it's a bodybuilder from Finland

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GNOg6cWf5pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=93wCDFbA60A
youtube.com/watch?v=wmH7W6B4iYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if arnold was in his prime today he would look just like the dude in your picture.

you are a cuck op

Lmao no

Honestly idrc bodybuilding was always ran by homosexual men with insecurity issues, that all they have to look forward 2 is working out

He would, his training and drug regiment would be in-line with what current competitors use, thickening his waist, giving him an X frame rather than Y frame, and making him overly lean and vascular (one of the biggest differeces between the eras is the conditioning)

Maybe. But i think Arnold wasn't really mainstream, didn't he recruit the help of ballet dancers for his posing? You won't see any bodybuilder today do that. For starters, they wouldn't fit through the bloody doors to the ballet school.

Kai dances while he poses (Chul Son too), bodubuilder's still use interesting posing routines

hahaha dumbass

HGH and Insulin

The golden era of bodybuilding was basically just roids.

Man, Arnold just looks so much better. More "natural", instead of a mutant with giant vascularized tumors growing on top of muscle.

They have left humanity way too far behind

I fucking hate this picture some bastard had to use an unflattering Ronnie pic. Makes him look like any bloated chump, fucking disgrace of an image.

>Why did bodybuilding turn into shit?
when roidgutted faggots started to win

dude just accept it for what it is, a big chemistry experiment

It didn't "turn to shit" - the standard simply moved to one that you don't find appealing.

You mentioned Arnold, and that's fine - he is, to many people, the archetype of bodybuilding. In many people's minds his is the imagine that con-notates when bodybuilding is mentioned.

But the truth is, he competed at 6-7% bf. Modern bodybuilders compete at around 4%. At those weights, the difference between 7% and 4% is the difference between a 220lbs bench and a 600lbs bench. Arnold's conditioning simply isn't impressive. There are competitive bodybuilders who maintain conditioning better than Arnold's contest condition in their offseaon. Seriously, show me a pic where Arnold ever achieved feathering in his quads or triceps? Any kind of hamstring or glute cuts? Christmas tree separation in his lower back? Even his prized biceps had no split - even in his peak contest shape... it's pathetic.

Arnold's quads, glutes, hammies and calves were laughable. His back lacked both depth and width, his rear delts were a joke and essentially just forgotten. His triceps and forearms were totally disproportionate to his, for his physique, overdeveloped biceps.

He was an incredibly incomplete, unbalanced and amateurish bodybuilder.

Post CB

We're debating professionals here. Am I a pro? No, I'm not. But I don't need an IFBB pro physique to give an opinion. If it was a requirement - we'd all be fucked.

The point of this thread is progress. According to the OP's flawed logic, engineers should have stopped developing technology when they build a car's engine that produced 200bhp. I mean, it's fine. It's quick enough. Let's not push it, perfect it, see what can be accomplished.

The standards are always being re-set. Just because you don't find where they lead appealing, doesn't mean things should stop.

You're not a pro, so you're an amateur, and you said he is amateurish and pathetic, so post CB

An amateur also competes or has the desire to compete - I have neither competed before, nor the inclination. Once again, none of these things is required to express an opinion. Just because I hurt your feelings, doesn't mean you need to be hypersensitive and change the topic. If you have an issue with what I posted, counter my assertions.

Arnold looked beautiful, whereas none of the contemporary bodybuilders with their christmas tree separations do.

That's the problem. Who gives a fuck about this freakshow nowadays?

Because of steroids, instead of stopping at their natty limit and achieving something both aesthetic and desirable, now they can pin their ass and become bloated freaks to satisy their bigorexia.

Bigger than pic related is pointless garbage in my opinion.

Beauty is subjective. I appreciate Arnold for what he did for bodybuilding, but it was 50% his physique and 50% his personality.

If you want an example of what a more complete, balanced physique, without the gut, looks like -

youtube.com/watch?v=GNOg6cWf5pQ

Just forgive the music... haha

But something like this is 100% superior to anything Arnold ever had every day of the week

beauty > looking like a freak

The subject is "when did bodybuilding turn to shit." Bodybuilding. Look up the definition and then the principals on which it's judged. What you're arguing against is bodybuilding itself. What you seem to be more comfortable with is... Justin Beiber? Not too masculine. Not too threatening to you.

Crybabies gonna cry
is completely right, a lot of arnold contemporaries were more well-proportioned than him, look at Franco Columbu for instance

I'm not arguing against anything. You gave an example of someone in your opinion superior to Arnold, I gave my comment on it.
Erm, Justin Bieber? What are you even talking about...

Basically it happened in 1992 when Dorian Yates got picked over other "harder" and more defined/symmetric contestants due to just being bigger.
"Evolution of Bodybuilding" is quite an interesting watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=93wCDFbA60A

What makes Arnold the superior bodybuilder to a 1993 Flex Wheeler, then?

If you prefer to beauty > freak as you say. Then point out what makes Flex the freak and Arnold the beauty

This just in: He IS a bloated chump with all that HGH, insulin and synthol in his body.

That's a long way of spelling: I'm a cuck to niggers who take synthol.

>Beauty is subjective

anyone got the full pic of the OP body builder (pic related)

I always thought he looked like a bulldog lmao

Reeves and Zane are the most beautiful beings ever produced by bodybuilding

"Gee boy that guy on the right, I sure wanna look like him!"

>the standard simply moved to one that you don't find appealing
>aka
>the standard simply moved to creaming yourself over gigantic, pregnant-looking blobs of tumors killing themselves to look like mutants for a few years

It turned to shit.

Not knowing who bob Paris is. Geez this forum is shit

Oh god - crossfitter... of course.

Go do some kips

>forum

>being this fucking new that you don't even recognise an ironic trip
>aka
>"I don't have anything to say, so I will make fun of names like I do on plebbit"

Even having a name... says everything about you. The rest - you're too big of a pussy to make use of the pharmaceutical advancements we've made to build your body into something infinitely more capable than that shit show you call a body now.

It's like you want to be a sarcastic little beta your whole life

FAGS

goddamn, if being freaky huge ain't your thing you can go watch men's physique. that's what it's for. But don't bitch about the guys who decide they want something different.

>says everything about you
Like what? Oh, that's right - nothing. Basically, not an argument.

>muh advancements
So we judge those tumor blobs now by how many drugs were taken instead of how they look.
Great.

>shit show you call a body now
You should treat your bigorexia before it becomes a life-threatening problem, m8.

>sarcastic little beta your whole life
Been pumping a woman for the last 5 days, thanks.

His full name is Jari "Bull" Mentula.

Yet you would never find a pic of bloated Arnold to compare to a "non bloated" Ronnie.

>pumping a woman - for a whole 5 years
Doesn't mean anything. The biggest betas get laid - look at your dad

>Treat bigorexia
For wanting muscle. Nice exaggeration.

>Medical advancements
Yep. They're great. Steroids, gh and slin included. If you hate it so much, abandon western medicine and just pray when you're ill.

And it says everything; nothing - you're right. Because that's all you are.

>you'll never look this alpha

WTF?

Why even try?

I prefer a lot more the natty look, hence why I don't like Zane and Paris.

Feel free to do whatever you want, but fucking yourself up just for a beauty contest which appeals to nobody looks really dumb to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=wmH7W6B4iYg

>headpenis/10

Klokov is the ideal body for me desu
He's big, but still looks like a human. Not some freak with engorged intestines.
He may roid, but at least he does it responsibly.

>fucking yourself up just for a beauty contest which appeals to nobody looks really dumb to me.
Depends on your terminal goals, I suppose. It's not like the universe cares one way or the other.

(And any competitive physique guy--even one of the ottermode boardshorts types--is going to pay a substantial opportunity cost. But different payoff matrices will appeal to different people.).

>alpha
you meant overcompensating

>may

>getting laid while there are daily "how do I do it?" threads are made doesn't mean anything
Okay, I guess. It'll be 6 days today.

>For wanting muscle
For creaming yourself over tumor blobs that are killing themselves as of this moment.

>abuse of substances for bodybuilding = medicine
>if you hate bodybuilding with drug usage = you hate medicine
kek

>nothing
>that's all you are
Not an argument.

Yep...Arnold definetly never became bloated.

You don't know that. He might not be a great responder - he might need grams of gear. You don't know.

Do you understand how the english language works?
Think of the sentence in a different manner "Sure, he roids, but at least he does it responsibly".

What a fat fuck

>You don't know that. He might not be a great responder - he might need grams of gear. You don't know.

by definition of his competitive history he has the genetics of an elite level athlete, its far more likely he would enjoy response levels on the highly-receptive end of the spectrum...."responsiveness" is not some magical property that is unique to exogenous AAS...

Best mike

RIP ;_;

>But the truth is, he competed at 6-7% bf. Modern bodybuilders compete at around 4%. At those weights, the difference between 7% and 4% is the difference between a 220lbs bench and a 600lbs bench. Arnold's conditioning simply isn't impressive. There are competitive bodybuilders who maintain conditioning better than Arnold's contest condition in their offseaon. Seriously, show me a pic where Arnold ever achieved feathering in his quads or triceps? Any kind of hamstring or glute cuts? Christmas tree separation in his lower back? Even his prized biceps had no split - even in his peak contest shape... it's pathetic.

bahahaha you retard. glorious trolling when GIS is a click away

Arnie knew how to get conditioned, it just wasnt the look the judges wanted.

I think current competitors don't vacuum their stomachs like arnold did and Arnold and older competitor's somehow were just ripped and looked like every part was traced to be perfect

>It's more likely based on his competitive history.

He's a powerlifter. Not a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders and powerlifters take different compounds in different quantities.

Not all elite level "athletes" are gifted with great response. Take Lee Priest and Dorian Yates for example. Once they retired both released excerpts from their olympia preps. Yates took nearly 2 grams of gear per day in the lead up, priest, conversely, barely took a quarter of what Yates was on.

Yates was the champ. His "history" would suggest to someone like you that his generics for response is better.

It's child like logic that doesn't stack up in reality

They didn't have access to the kinds of drugs that the average dumbfuck zyzz tier club kid has today.
Nor did they have the internet.
PLUS they judges didn't want them that lean or to look like freaks.
They wanted comic book superheroes and idealized quasi-masculinity. Not freakshow huge.

There is no place for that look anymore. Not in pro bodybuilding. If it was all physique and they pushed the freaks into the corner the bodybuilding world might get some legitimacy.

Sorry your so butthurt your hero Arnie isn't as great as your masturbatory fantasies have convinced you of. The truth is - people respect his "whatever it takes" mentality and his charisma. Not his physique. If he wasn't in movies, people wouldn't even remember his name.

Deal with it

When they started thinking "cardio ruinz gainz" or when they use stupid shit like The Prowler and think it's proper cardio when it's an anaerobic exercise.

holy shit this

>hypermasculinized face
i want

>reverse grip with straps

what?

>dysmorphia: the post
Arnold was healthier and more aesthethic than those roidgut faggots you love so much

How many heart surgeries has Arnie had?

Nice lie, faggot

Arnie atleast got old.

And...? The mass monster Olympia winners are all still alive too.Haney (for his time), Yates, Coleman, Cutler. Yates especially looks like a man 15 years younger than he is.

Wew lad
you just burned this faggot

Oh please - arnie got to 5-6% and lost 30lbs of muscle in doing so. It looks like he got stranded the goddamn desert for 3 months with no gym.

Amateur

You body dysmorphiaios hilariously bad. If I called you small would you kill yourself??

Crossfit Jesus do you happen to live in Minneapolis? That would explain your name..

No, I'm a Slav.

Its not about who you want to look like, its about who you want to look at.

If you want to look at Frank Zane you are probably gay because he is a beautiful man.

Im jealous my friend gets to meet him soon.

looks like just a significantly smaller waist/torso

his legs are a lot smaller too, which somewhat draws the eyes upward instead of towards the center

absolute MADMAN!

Bill pearl is g.o.a.t motherfucker looked like a strongman