/QTDDTOT/

QTDDTOT

How much should I work with the ab roller? I want to strengthen my core. How should I workout with it? Time using it? 'Reps'? Any other advice appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/bent-over-barbell-row
ebay.com/itm/1000g-2-2-lb-Micronized-Creatine-Monohydrate-Pure-Powder-Muscle-Pharmaceutical-/131574316575?hash=item1ea270be1f:g:susAAOSwd0BVxnWx
youtu.be/qpBKX8qDIMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How are you guys on GSLP secure enough to bring out .5kg plates on the bench press in a normie ass gym?

When is the best time to buy new clothes. I'm cutting now but I'm planning to bulk right after I hit 10-12% bodyfat. I still have my skinnyfat clothing and it is fucking huge.

Add them discreetly and hope no one notices.

Just be sure you got colored ones if your gym has non colored weights and vice versa.

When you don't fit in them anymore. Don't buy them before bulking or 'getting big'.

Ask the normie ass gym if it is allowed to bring your own weights.

How many exercises/lifts do you guys usually do on any given day?

I usually get fatigued and finish after 4-5 with 5x5 or 3x8 but not sure if thats too little.

How many times do you go to the gym per week?

4 lifting and 3 cardio

Is it possible to build an aesthetic physique with only dumbbells, a bench and a pull up bar? Dumbbells are adjustable. In other words, has anyone here 'made' it without using a barbell?

Pic is a good movie but unrelated.

Does anyone have a link to a video on what is the best form when using a ab roller?

It is very possible, my friend has done it.

Thought so. I'm just thinking about progressive overload. I've been doing fine so far but I know there will come a point when for example it becomes ridiculously awkward to set up a dB bench press getting the heavy ass weights up on your legs etc.

Hey everyone

So i decided to take my life back 3 months ago and start working out and eating properly. Though I didn't expect much in the way of results, just getting used to exercising, as I was measured yesterday I had dropped 4kg of fat AND gained 3kg of muscle.

I'm a male, 25. Is this a good result for this period of time? Should I keep doing what I'm doing or move to a more cardio-intensive program to shave off fat more quickly before bulking?

As a beginner doing SS Or SL or any others starting program , is it ok to substitute Back for front squat ?
I don't care about numbers
Front feel way better for me
It allow me to have way more depth

Okay so for the last week I was eating ~3k kcal which is 700kcal more than my TDEE (i am skelly) and I lost 2lbs, how the fuck?

Sure honey it's all about you feeling good, also substitute the deadlift with more pullups and chins, cleans with rows and there you go all is well.
Don't control your diet either doesn't feel good to count calories and macros too much work.

Few things can be the case.

1- You're not counting right. (most likely the case)
2- TDEE was wrong in your case.
3- Your previous diet was filled with carbs and sodium so when moving to higher protein possibly lost some water weight
4- There was a change in weighing time e.g If I don't shit before weighing I can't get a good measurement.

Now eat more if you're wanting to gain, whatever it takes clean or not clean.

I'm talking about substituting a lift for another that involve exactly the SAME muscle group and you start talking about substituting Deadlift by fucking pull-ups ayyylmao .

You think a front squat uses the exact same muscle as a back squat? You think the lack of tonnage won't have an effect on the carryover squats have to DL and general size?

Just do whatever you want man, I probably wasted my time typing this as your attitude is that of people who give up after 2-3 months.

Can I get a concrete answer on this for once and for all because different people keep giving me different answers.

I'm a fat chick, 198lbs, 5'7", I joined the gym 3 weeks ago and have been attending 4 days a week. I want to lose weight primarily, but I'm horrifically unfit so have been doing 20 mins cardio and 40 mins lifting.
Can you actually lose weight and build muscle effectively at the same time?
I kept thinking that although I'd lose the weight slower if I lifted, when I do I won't end up looking like a saggy sack of shit once the fat comes off. I also keep thinking that I might end up losing weight faster as I continue to develop my muscle because of the energy required to build/maintain them, it would probably have to be catabolised from my body.

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

I've got a pretty annoyingly big nose and sice I started caring about how I look a few months ago it's annoying me/making me feel conscious.

Anything I can do to draw attention away from it or make it less obvious?

>Inb4 surgery

Any body weight/stretch routine I can do on my rest days?

Do more cardio and less lifting.

Being that fat yes you can lose weight and gain muscle, as a girl you will build muscle at a much slower pace than guys so you have to stick at it longer and you have to start accounting for your period as you get weaker during those times.

You're severely over-estimating how much extra muscle burns probably with years of lifting the muscle you have as a woman will only provide an extra chocolate bar worth of calorie burning.

If you somehow think that you can gain enough muscle that it increases your intake by same amount of calories in a pizza then better start roiding.

You either start lifting and take away from your jewish nose or you save up for surgery. There is always the option of muh self loving but you wouldn't be on Veeky Forums if you were that type of person.

Possible skin sagging is dependant on the length of time youve been fat and your current size. You will lose more fat than muscle gained if you go on a hard cut. Take it slow, calculate your TDEE using scooby's calorie calculator and aim for about 1kg weight loss a week. Best thing to not become a saggy piece of shit is to have a diet that includes good fats and drink plenty of water. Keep your skin moisturised, don't bother with the skin firming shilling, that comes with time and plenty of water. Avoid salty foods and eat your dark leafy greens.

Worst advice you can give from both health point of view and weight loss.

Also, I've seen your boobs. Don't skip on benching. Some decent pectoral gains will give them a great lift.

Just stretch/foam roll you shouldn't need a set routine, if you're stuck for stretches to do just search yt for 'mobility'

>you're severely over-estimating how much extra muscle burns probably with years of lifting the muscle you have as a woman will only provide an extra chocolate bar worth of calorie burning

Really? Fuark, because I always left the gym covered in sweat after lifting I assumed I must have been burning a lot.
I have a lot to learn.

I've started at the gym for only a month so far. I feel that most of my exercises are focused on my legs and glutes.

What should I be doing for more upper body strength?

Unless I misunderstood your question I thought that you were asking if you build 10 kg of muscle that you somehow can eat extra food.

You can burn more calories than a piece of chocolate at the gym if you work long enough, hell if you do long distance cardio (which is shit by the way) you can burn up to a pizza worth of food.

>Take away from your Jewish nose

What do you mean?

How to get to husbando mode?

I Think hes saying that having extra muscle/building new muscle isn't that much of a calorie expendature
BB just doesn't use that many tb h

Need more info, what program are you doing, what are your current stat?

I was about 225lbs for 4 years so idk how bad the damage is going to be after that. I'm one of those faggot health conscious vegetarians that's drinking water like her kidneys are failing and inhaling various spices/supplements/vegetables every day, so hopefully that will pay off. Obviously not conscious enough since I let myself get this fat but w/e.

You will have a big and attractive body so people won't focus on your nose as much.

Y-you've seen my boobs?
But yeah I'm benching and doing chest flyes every time I go.

Babies first routine:
>Chest Press Dumbells 10kg
>Shoulder Press Dumbells 7.5kg
>Squats with 16kg kettle bell
>Deadlift with 24kg kettle bell

I basically have one PT session left for free and want to be able to go in and ask to be taught a range of exercises that I can then keep going with

Ah yeah, aha, I don't know how you got that out of my question, maybe I worded it badly.
I don't want to eat extra food or anything, I want my intake to remain around 1800-2000 per day, I just wanted to know if it was possible to lose fat and gain muscle doing 1 hour at the gym 4 times a week whilst focusing primarily on lifting.

As much as I doubt the PT's ability, get them to teach you how to barbell deadlift/squat/bench and you'll be okay

Unless you are a weak old woman ditch the kettlebells and dumbbells have the PT (if he's good, which is unlikely since he put on that abomination) teach you how to use a barbell for Squats, deadlift, bench overhead press and rows.

If he refuses, I would go pirate or buy starting strength spend 1-2 hours reading it, watch the videos available on starting strength channel and do the lifts.

If you lift in a gym without free weight barbells (smith machine isn't a barbell) then find a new gym no compromise.

I will ask for that next time. But deadlift and squats, that's still going to be so much leg work and not so much upper body strength isn't it?

Quads for truth!

But my PT has set me off with that stuff to start with. But I do want to go to the barbell.

Once you can do all 3 main lifts, you can split your workouts to lower day and upper days
BB bench, OHP + some rows one day
squats and diddylifts on the other

Mate we've all been there. Also, seen as you are vegetarian ditch the cheese and eat plant proteins and drink vegan blend protein shakes instead. Your inflammation will go right down, your skin will improve and you'll lose weight. The shakes make sure that you are getting the right balance of amino acids.

Yes you can up to a certain point. After 6-7 months of proper weight loss i.e 1-2 kgs per week, you will start stalling.
The main weight loss driver is diet. I would also read up on SS, ever since I trained my wife and her friend on lifting women are much much weaker, easier to stall on lifting and harder to get unstuck so you're going to need to invest in some microplates especially for upper body.

Bench heavy. I think so, think I saw you in a CBT with your nips and bits blacked out. But yeah you're on a long journey, be patient and in about 2 years the time will have flown and you'll look incredible.

>rows

These?
bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/bent-over-barbell-row

But thanks. Will make sure to get that barbell learnt!

Well ask him about barbells and if he says no or too advanced thank the guy do your final session with him and start SS or some other linear progression program.

I wouldn't do something like this until 7-8 months since you won't see results and progress as quick as SS, however if you are patient then a program like upper lower is a solid thing as long as you make constant progress.

I'm just keen to make sure I learn all the moves, even if its baby weights, so that I can follow SS or whatever on my own.

So I'll learn the moves, and then follow a good program like SS.

Yeah as long as you move some weights you'll breakdown muscle at novice level, just do make sure you eat

Oh actually I'm a non-dairy vegetarian, I avoid it as much as possible and usually only drink almond/coconut milk. I'm even vegging up in this thread kek

I guess you're maybe vegan then? It's so nice to see others around Veeky Forums.

Former fatties, how long did it take you to lose a hundred pounds?
I've only lost 31 since June but I need to lose a hundred more to get to my goal. Please motivate me.

Any point in BCAAs when lifting fasted? Or will drinking whey during my workout be good enough?

Do you ever get happy with your body?

Been lifting consistently for almost a year now (lifts going up albeit slowly) and still disgusted with my DYEL frame, it becomes so demoralising.

Good lass. Just get the shakes for more support with your protein intake then. I have a 6kg tub.

And yup.

Should I cut sugar completely from my diet or is it just a meme?

All I'm eating is a bag of rice and a protein shake a day. I don't give a fuck how much muscle I lose I just want to be lean again.

Also. Will shaving my head accentuate the size of my head or will the lack of hair make it look smaller?

>I don't give a fuck how much muscle I lose

Oh yes you will

I honestly don't. I'd rather start again. I've gone from being 14, 180 at 12% to 18, 180 and about 23%. Not training at all. I'm going to cut forever

One or the other, but both together are redundant.

Satisfaction is the death of progress.

I do lifting at home with dumbbells due to the cost and access to a gym nearby. My bench hasn't gone up whereas my squat, DL and rows have improved since last lift. Should I do OHP to aid my bench? Or should I simply bench first rather than last, or give myself longer rests?

I think that's what I'm going to struggle with, the eating side of things.

Is this a good creatine price? A kilo for 18 bucks seems like a very good deal to me. I've been getting it for free for the past year so I don't know much about pricing.

ebay.com/itm/1000g-2-2-lb-Micronized-Creatine-Monohydrate-Pure-Powder-Muscle-Pharmaceutical-/131574316575?hash=item1ea270be1f:g:susAAOSwd0BVxnWx

That's to be expected after three months of beginner lifting. You're gaining lots of muscle quickly because your body isn't used to any form of exercise so the new stress is causing it to adapt very quickly. Once it gets used to exercise in a few months (maybe even just one or two months) your progress will slow down a bit. For your first few months of training this is pretty standard.

If you're fat then I'd suggest you get more cardio in and eat at a deficit. If you're already eating at a deficit (which I imagine you are if you lost that much fat) then keep going, otherwise do so. If you're skinny/skinnyfat you should bulk. DO NOT cut when skinnyfat, you will feel and look like shit and essentially make zero net progress after you finish your first bulk as far as weight loss goes.

I'm sure that much of what I said can also be found in the sticky, so read that if you haven't yet.

Ah, that wasn't me. I've never posted in a CBT.

Assuming I have no genetic predisposition towards 'beetus, sugar will only make me diabetic if I let my bodyfat % get too high, won't it?

>doing SS
>think I can do power cleans
>can't
>fuck up shoulder

Routine for fucked up shoulder? Any kind of barbell work apart from deadlifts aggravates it.

3 sets of however many reps you can manage at the end of every workout up until you hit 15, at which point you start doing paused reps, then weighted reps and then eventually maybe even from standing.

It is the GOAT ab exercise, not even slightly a meme.

Whats wrong with my core bros? Upper abs too strong compared to bottom? Too much core? I can't put my finger on it but it looks off.

What app do you use to browse the chan?
>tfw when accidentally deleted glorious clover. Nothing has filled the void since

Clover

How the hell do I get the DBs to my shoulders for seated ohp? The seat angle is too high to lift them up with my knees properly, and I can't curl them and swinging them up while standing is basically impossible. Anywhere from 26 to 32kg is super difficult. I guess it's not much weight but I don't curl a lot so wtf...

Micro plates are like 0,5kg is that what you meant? Just carry them around with your workout paper or towel

Pretty normal shape. Just lose more fat and the bottom will pop more. My core is also permaslant mode

NICE GAINS, PEPE!

nice gainz pepe

Two replies and no answers. I gotta stop posting these "respond to get" pics...

I know DB bench and BB bench weights are hard to compare, but what would be about equal to 225 bench? I'm not asking for exact numbers just want a goal to set.

how do you track your macros / calories?

I was thinking about just planning them so I don't have to track them, but for added security I'd like a simple app.

which app is most convenient and has a trustworthy library?
tried this one but found an erroneous entry in the library so I uninstalled it, now I'm not sure what to use.

what do you guys use?

>which app is most convenient and has a trustworthy library?
you already posted it

There are erroneous entries in it because it is user-based. Nothing's stopping you from correcting it.

BCAAs don't help with performance, it's used for muscle recovery.

Try taking it in the morning and/or post workouts.

Is it worth it to have creatine on rest days and days where I don't use pre?

I'm on same boat as you buddy about having a simple application that tracks calories/macros. I'm developing an app for myself, but at a snails place.

For now I just use this spreadsheet I made in google docs to track everything.

Can someone check my power clean form? Thx
youtu.be/qpBKX8qDIMo

Do a swinging curl and the hold then there, if your using db and not barbells you can get a pretty good swing going

What i meant was that i'm kind of insecure about loading my bench press with .5kg plates.

Do you really care that much about it?
If you did it, and whole gym laughed, would you think about it on your death bed?

I've noticed a new muscle appearing in my chest lately and I don't know what it is. It's like a line on the upper part of my pecs that is pretty visible when I flex, but it's hard to capture it without motion. Here's a pic.
Is this the 'upper chest' muscle or what, it just appeared in the last few weeks

Shoot them up one at a time by bouncing them up with your leg. If you can't get 60lbs on your shoulders but can shoulder press it, you have some major strength imbalances

Dont worry man, its normal. The line is made because sternum develops from 2 bony formations. Where they meet, the 2. rib connects. You can trace the place the sternum connected in one whole piece, with your fingers.

So it's just due to being leaner in the chest area?

Hello all.

If any of you great guys or gals could help me in my thread, I would really appreciate it. 20 internets to whoever helps!

When you pack more mass on your chest, it will be less visible, though it can keep on showing. Everyone is different. Muscles can vary a lot in ppl, some ppl are even born without some forearm flexors.

Do more upper chest work.

Well what I'm saying is I've been lifting awhile, and it only appeared after doing more upper chest work in the last 2 weeks, and my bf% is higher than before. So it must have some correlation to adding muscle

1. Dont worry
2. Its not a new muscle
3. It wont cause problems, its literally nothing.

Keep on working out smart, and you will be fine. You seem young and you're prolly still not fully matured bone-wise.

Well are you embarrassed about the weight without micro plates? If not then I don't see the problem

That's a good point thanks

1) Just started lifting on a linear progression program with a couple of accessories. I'm still progressing but I'd like to also focus on fixing up my diet. I'm at about 20% bodyfat and skinnyfat. I'm thinking of cutting until I stall on the lifts. Question: What's the downside of cutting when starting lifting. Will I gain muscle as I'm still increasing my lifts?

2) When doing chin ups at home I can do about 8 whereas after bench press I can only do 3-5 on my first set then barely 2 on my second. Can I just do them at home in the evening so I've had enough time to rest?