Didn't see one, so making one

Didn't see one, so making one

Stupid/Small Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

SQTDDTOT

I had a great start to the day. Had a low calorie breakfast, went to the gym and felt I pushed myself.

Came home and had a decent lunch.

But it's now 4.30. Dinner is another 2 hours away. And I'm hungry. Do I tough it out, or do I eat something? And what is OK to eat?

obviously just tough it out
how hungry you are or arent is olmost completely unrelated to how much you need to eat

Does anyone have that guide on how to fix lumbar lordosis?

My only concern was about whether it's a case of my body needing nutrients and not starving myself.

But I guess starving self is only when I'm skipping meals, rather than just feeling it in between.

I hope feeling hungry is just a sign of fat being burnt.

Is there a way to lower sex drive without lowering testosterone?

i always just eat some filler like sugar free popsicles or sugar free jello to tie me over until my next nutritious meal

Is a 4pl8 squat as a non lardass impressive or nah?

whack ur knob untill white stuff comes out

I'm in a position where I'd like to lose weight but counting the weight and serving size of my parents meals (alongside not being able to make my own dinners due to financial reasons) is a barrier.
I can't afford to move out yet sadly. Should I just eat what I can and lift regardless, cutting later on?

I've noticed when girls hug me they put their hands inside my tshirt sleeves... Why do they do this? Are they trying to feel my gainz or what?

I'm switching to dumbbell rows, what should I set as my 1rm db rows if my 1rm barbell row is 195?

How long does it take to go from 12" to 16" arms?
Im 6'1, ~72 kg up from 68, working out for 3 months

Is this a rhetorical question you asked just to make other people jealous?

Skinny manlet here (5'7", 132). My upper abs looks properly, but my stomach push out the last row makes it pretty much invisible. I dont have much fat at all.

I'm guessing your're trying to lose weight?

Drink a pint of water

It shows you've been training pretty consistently and stuck to a decent programme for a decent period of time. It's a good milestone to reach.

a
bench
ohp
dips
flys

b
squat
deadlift
pullups
barbell curls

abxabxx
what should i add to this shit, familia?

How long when cutting does the scale start to move down significantly?

Sometimes I have these days where I don't have much strength and lift with less weight. As a result I fall into depression and nuke my diet. Is this normal?

Lose fat, gain muscle, yes

Depends. Are you cutting? Bulking? Don't really care?

Yes.

Not really possible.

To lose any appreciable amount of weight you will always end up cutting lean muscle mass. If you're losing weight faster than 0.7% of your bodyweight every week then you'll be losing muscle as well as fat.

What would be so difficult about either serving yourself or asking for smaller portions?

They're checking for fatceps.

Start easy and titrate up.

rows and/or more chins

How do i stop giving a fuck about girls to actually fuck them? Catched feelings for the girl i was seeing when the initial plan was to have fun for summer

That depends on a whole host of factors and is too complicated to answer.

Potentially quite quickly though depending on your routine and diet. Don't forget to train triceps as well.

Set goals in life which you care about and don't involve being in a relationship.

As soon as you lose weight.

Stop being a fag. Every day in the gym counts, not just the successful ones.

how do unsuccessful days even count? it is a waste of time to fuck it up.

Why are they unsuccessful?

Home gym or no?

Because my muscles are not stressed up to the maximum. Just some baby weights that my body is already used to. Complete waste of time and a hole in the program.

Does it matter at what age I start? The earlier the better, right? Do I get more gains from simply getting older?

nah. Just get in the gym and do work no one cares if you're dyel

I asked them for smaller portions in the past and my meal size has been the same. I feel awkward asking again.

SO, I WANT AN ACCURATE WEIGHT MEASUREMENT TODAY

This week has been kind of crazy since I've been on a film set (12 hour days) and you are just worked hard. Sweat more than I usually do in a month in those 2 days. I weighed myself the evening of, and even with food still inside me I weighed 176.

Fast-forward to today, I took my shits, pissed, and I weight like 181. Even with water weight, it seems very unlikely that I gained 4 pounds of purely water weight.

How do I find my actual weight?

So I don't have to go to the gym anymore due to working 10-12 hours every day but am still in the middle of a cut and I still plan to get to 10% or single digit body fat to be ready for my bulk.
IF my goal is to maintain as much muscle mass as possible is it better to keep carbs low or keep them high?Protein will always be high.

Started a new job in a new location, only have time to gym on Friday+Weekends most of the time.

Should I only eat at a surplus during the weekend if I want to bulk (I'd really like to not put on too much fat this next bulk cycle), or should I just maintain throughout my stay here (1 year)

Thanks

Is this change doable with any amount of work? Am I setting unrealistic goals?

Is it possible to get Bruce Lee tier BF% without risking health/dying

So why is this happening? Shit programming or you're too tired to train or what?

if you get rid of that loose skin absolutely

Theres been reported weight variations of up to 5% bodyweight attributed to water weight

Going below 10% bf is pretty unhealthy for anyone. At that stage you run into risks with hormone levels if you maintain it for long periods of time and have nutrition deficits

Is that going to require surgery?

biggest problem of this is i dont know

might be both

Why aren't you lifting more in those sessions? If you feel like you have more left in the tank just add an amrap set at the end of each exercise

>I'm 25.
>Slightly overweight, ~20%BF
>Smoke about a pack of cigarettes a day.
>No drugs, medication, alcohol or any disease.
>Been lifting for 6 months.
>BP is 137/68, pulse 80.
>Before I started lifting (at ~30%BF and on 2 packs a day) my BP was 135/89 and pulse 90.
Why did my diastolic pressure and pulse improve while my systolic pressure increased? Is it left ventricle hypertrophy caused by high load compound lifts or what gives?

It's difficult to draw a conculsion from just two readings. There's always some variance in time of day, hydration, equipment used to measure etc

>smoke a pack of cigarettes a day
>no drugs

pick one

Posted in last thread, no replies. Help me out please.
I'm still a fat fuck, but I've lost over 14 kilos in the last two months from diet alone.
I want to do squats, yoga and work with a barbell.
I can lift upwards of 15kg on one dumbell but they're trash apparently.
Any advice on a bench, mat, bar and weights?
I live in the UK, so ebay, argos, amazon are most likely where I'll be buying from. I almost made two impulse buys in the last two hours:
Google search (don't know if links are allowed here): Weight Bench Multi Gym Leg Extension Home Gym Folding & Adjustable Leg Bench
Bodymax CF328 Deluxe

I am a beginner in weight training, so I don't know if I want to buy 7ft olympic 1500lb bars.

Agreed

>There's always some variance in time of day, hydration, equipment used to measure etc
Those are averages from readings over a week, measured with the same device and during the same time of day.

Yeah, because when your doctor asks if you take any drugs he means alcohol, caffeine and cigs. You know what I meant.

Does working out on a regular basis increase testosterone levels? My sex drive is low...

I have a fast metabolism, i can gain weight and lose weigh fast, i can also grow muscles fairly quickly.

How long will it take before i will see the results from training based from what i just told you.

i haven't started training yet, but i weigh like 74kg and am 1.75m tall.

I suffer from depression and have lost all motivation for going to the gym, but I still really want to go. Any one else have this problem/have any advice?

Fast metabolism doesn't exist. Why does it matter? Just start now. Get on a decent starting program like GSLP

>I have a fast metabolism
No. Go read the sticky, twice.

Make it part of your routine and force yourself to go.

I manage my depression by having a drive to just turn up to things I promise myself I'll do and making sure I'm rigid with routine when I feel a depressive episode coming.

Don't let it rule you.

I've read it a few days ago but i forgot what it said, sorry for being retarded, we're on Veeky Forums what did you expect, i'll read it again.

I'l have to google what GSLP means, also i can't start training yet cause im on vacation in another country. I was planning to start as soon as im back home.

I was just squatting more than usual now my lower back is sore. Hurts to bend.

What do? Stretch it? Lay down?

I tried googling it but since im a noob at this sort of stuff, could you explain it to me, a beginner? I'd hate to start training and train wrong and waste so many time.

Grey Skull Linear Progression. pic related

Could be systolic hypertension. See a doctor if you are worried.

I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to lose fat.

So eating better and lifting so that I'm building muscle and the exercise is going to burn fat.

Weight isn't figuring into it

That's not how it works. To lose fat you must be in a caloric deficit. When you are in a caloric deficit the body greatly diminishes its ability to build muscle.

How much cardio is too much cardio?

I've been running SS 3 days a week and doing an hour of cardio on my off days, but I have a feeling it's affecting my squat. Can I keep doing this if I cut it down to a half hour of cardio?

The only way to find out is to try it desu.

*shrugs* I'm going to eat right and lift.

Whichever happens first, is what I'm doing.

High carb / low carb, what's it matter after you've hit your fat and protein targets and have calories to make up?

whats your current bf%?

It doesn't matter. Carb counting only matters if you are planning on being on a ketogenic diet

Cut or Bulk?

>When you are in a caloric deficit the body greatly diminishes its ability to build muscle.
Sure, for advanced lifters. Noob and early intermediate gains are at worst moderatley affected as long as you eat right and aren't on a deficit that is higher than your maximum lipolysis rate (about 60-70kcal per kg of bodyfat per day.)

cut

How does fit feel about using XTC on the occasional festival/party?

I used it for my first time yesterday and I felt amazing.

I'm wondering what's worse for my gains though, getting shitfaced on alcohol (which is socialy accepted) or taking half an xtc pill.

desu it applies for anyone >20% bf

alcohol. make sure you eat extra on E to make up for the lost calories of that hyperactive dancing, and to reach your macros for that day + extra, and then it's pretty good. (also nuff carbs = less comedown)

I have no idea.

I'm 5'8, 65kg.

I feel I don't have much fat, apart from a bit of a stomach going on

Let's say I hit my micros for the day, but there are like 1000kcl to go . Can I just fill them up with cookies and stuff or will this have a negative effect? What would be the best way to fill the rest up?

Yeah I felt really tired physically this morning.

I made sure to eat everything I should have even though it was alot harder.

The XTC definately seemed to supress my usual appetite

take 5-hmb the day after. You have a come down because of reduced seratonin

How would I find out my bf%?

Thanks brah

Asked in the last thread, didn't get an answer

I'm debating on some meal planning decisions. I'm looking to split things into 6 meals a day, 4 of which following the same template (0.5 cup rice, 4 oz chicken breast, some type of vegetable).

Haven't factored in cost yet, but would there be any reason to prefer 0.5-1.5 white-brown rice ratio over a 1:1? One serving of white rice will be eaten as part of the post-workout meal regardless, but I'm not sure how to handle the other 3 meals

you should also track macros to some extent. Eating straight fat and carbs for the remaining calories will have a negative effect

Bumping for this, I don't want to undergo surgery unless absolutely necessary. if I can no longer feasibly make progress towards my goal body with just eating clean/working out, I guess I'll do what I got to do.

The navy tape measure method is fairly accurate. Or you can get some calipers. Google it

i don't think it matters

I don't understand how calories work.

How can some people eat 6000+ as 'maintenance'? I thought lifting weights didn't burn that many calories? (~400/hr)

I understand calories in, calories out, but assuming the average person has a 2k BMR, how can lifting weights make up that 4k+ difference?

You have a lot of loose skin so it's hard to say. You might get lucky. You';d look better if you bulked hard to fill some of the skin though instead of going for a twink body.

It doesn't matter. You don't need to go full autism with meal planning

>using decimals in a ratio
you meant to say 1:3
brown rice is better for your fiber intake, so technically 1:3 is better than 1:1 but there is not a big enough difference for it to matter as far as normal nutrition goes.

When doing bicep curls I can do 35 lbs with my right arm just fine but I struggle with my left. Should I be doing 30 lbs (I can do both arms just fine) or be cheating a little with my left to get it up there?

okay, thank you