/military/

desu I wish I joined at 16 (Brit fag)

Ok

what the fuck what kind of a degenerate country lets a kid that young to the military

Tom Hardy Failed selection for PARA's, I know because a friend of mine was one of the instructing staff, nice bloke though apparently, and does a lot of pro-forces stuff.

They don't, minimum joining age is 17 and a half, that way you're 18 by the time your training finishes.

Currently in the joining process myself OP, I'm 25, I feel your pain but they generally like lads who have actually done some other jobs and stuff before joining up, generally the guys who join young tend to leave after the 4 years thinking civvy life will be better.

What are you joining as?

Joining as a MedTech in the canadian forces (army).
Any advice?

Parachute regiment as first choice, my local regiment as second, you?

Get a military fitness programme, no civilian bullshit, loads of running and compound lifts.

yeah im currently lifting a lot, 4-5 times a week with running included.
However I'm not joining right away, I have to retake bio and get a drivers license, but as soon as I do im applying

I'm already in officer training in the RAF, going pilot once I get out of phase one

He's wearing a Royal marine shirt here. I've noticed he wears a lot of pro military shirts. Im nineteen next month, went to college for a year and then worker as an apprentice on a chemical plant for a year. Hoping to pass out before I'm 20

If you fight the injury the injury wins

Nah I'll keep my bigboy job. Thanks though.

Nice, good luck to you, I hear the birds love the uniform.

Indeed, He was wearing a para shirt at the Arnhem remembrance earlier this year, that sounds good, I literally had my interview Tuesday, it was piss, they were all really friendly and explained everything very matter of factly, I have ADSC in 2 months, currently about 11 minutes on my 1.5 but I've just come off a sprained ankle so remains to be seen if I can get the 9:20 for PARA's.

How long does the application process take mate? My fitness is nowhere near where it needs to be so I haven't started it yet. Hope to pass out while I'm still a teenager lol, mainly for my ego.

If I like the lifestyle, which I'm 100% sure I will, I'm hoping to go onto SAS- even though SBS is the most common outlet for marines

I went from a 10:30 1.5 mile to 9:57 with a pt programme that didn't really contain that much running and a horrible lack of sleep in 8 weeks, so getting to 9:20 should be easy if you train smart.

You guys might know. I'm after applying for the army and I've gotten through everything except for the medical exam. Do they check your teeth? If so will bad teeth be an automatic fail? I'm not a toothless troll but I've got two molars that need fillings and another 2 that need root canal treatment.

I tried google but I got conflicting results.

If you're UK then no, they won't check your teeth prior to joining. They will after youve joined an if you have any problems they'll fix them.

Thats fantastic, seriously a load off my mind, thanks bro

>Applying to die for Israel.

No thanks famalamadingdong

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm autistic so they won't let me join

Apply again (or apply in a different country if they have you on file) and when they ask "are you autistic" you say "no"