Tfw finally hit 3pl8 squat

>Tfw finally hit 3pl8 squat

>tfw stopped squatting because slipped disc and too scared

Congrats m8. Your gf is on her way

>tfw slipped disc two years ago
>tfw pulled 5 plates last week

Congrats user 3pl8 squat is p nice to have under your belt

Fuck I almost never see people squatting 3pl8 at the gym

I squat 2 pl8. And I bench 2 pl8. Legs are for losers.

>tfw finally hit 170 lb squat
First squat PR in over a year. Had an injury/had to stop lifting for a few months/had to deload majorly a few times to fix form/added leg accessories to workout
Feels good to finally start progressing

what injury?

I don't care?

i hatw you guys, i really do... i remeber hitting this in 10th grade and yall make it seem like it takes work

In your highschool's weight room, where the bar only has to move 6 inches for you to reach "parallel"
Or you're
>fatasfatass

I finally got a 5pl8 Dl
>still no gf tho

I swear it seems like half the people I talk to at the gym claim that they were able to squat 600 lbs when they were playing football in high school

is it because a 5pl8 dl was 1x bw

My dad swears he could squat almost 700 and bench 400 at 190lbs. Tell him he either wasn't going parallel, is lying, was on gear, or was a world class weight lifter. Probably a combination of the first 3.

naw. bw approx. 205. probably gonna cut to 198 for comps.

>TFW only lmao1pl8 atg.
But almost 3pl8 diddly.
1.5pl8 bench.
80lb OHP.
My shit is fucked guys.

Keep workin bro. You'll make it

>tfw finally hit 1pl8 bench

Does 1.5 plate mean 135+(135/2) so 202,5 or halfway to 2 plate (180)

I hit 275 for reps on the squat before starting my cut.
Down to 265 now, sucks.

>Squatted 3.5 plates when I was 16
>19 now, can't squat above 3 plate because of fucked up lower back

At least I can bench a lot, r-right?

>Turning 29 soon
>Lifting 4+ years
>Leanest I've ever been in my life (Hit 315x10,10,10 squat (w/belt) today

I'm making it brehs

The bar is only calculated once, 1pl8 is 135, two is 225, etc. So 180 would be 1.5 pl8

I was in football as a freshman.
90% of people quarter squatted with shit form. Coach never gave 2 shits.
The only thing people were good at was benching.

>tfw excelled at squat 3pl8 parallel hitting senior year but shit at bench (185lb at 165lb)
>tfw nobody gave a shit about my squats

Fuawken ran the fuck out of those guys tho

>only squat 125
>bench is 120

i will never reach the magic 140

what do your legs look like?

Like mutant tree trunks that overpower my waist.

At senior year i was benching 205 for reps but could only squat 245. No one gave a shit either.
Honestly if you just wanna show off to normies just joke about your stats if someone asks. Say something like "i can do 2 and a half push ups"

>Tfw when finally hit 500lb deadlift
>Tfw finally hit 465 Squat
>Tfw finally hit 315 bench
>Tfw gained like 25lbs of fat to do it so it's not even impressive anymore because it's only like a few pounds more than I weigh
>Tfw can still do 15 dead hang pullups though

Is there a term for this? Its like a version of body dysmorphia except for your athletic performance.

All those lifts at my current weight of 260 with a beer gut are mediocre at best dude, downright laughable. Ask boardshorts he can confirm

You can lift more than pretty much anyone in a commercial gym and you can do 15 pull ups which means you have a fair amount of relative strength as well.
Stop being a fag.

That's all fine and dandy minus the fact I have coworkers who weigh 220 who got me beat by like 5lbs here 10lbs there etc etc. But then again I probably am lugging 40lbs of solid fat around whereas they're actually ripped

EC stack and HIIT unless cut.
You've got everything in place, you just need to make some calibrations to that pussy magnet.

>stalking around Twitter to see how old highschool friends are doing
>find one guy who was particularly annoying and a douchebag
>posts a tweet about how his little brother, who was a freshman in highschool, hit a 3pl8 squat
>stalk some more
>find his little brother's Instagram
>video of the squat
>1/8 ROM aka knee bend
>shake my head and am severely disappointed in others around him not teaching him proper form because now he's making a fool of himself online

Never trust a highschooler when they talk about their lifts. Because needless to say, it's probably shit.

Also one question - how much easier is it to move heavy weight when you have 1/4 ROM or 1/6 ROM? I see videos of it all the time but then realize even unracking some of the weight these people "lift" would be quite heavy. What would a 4pl8 knee-bend "squat" translate to if they were hitting depth?

Lol, hit the bench faggot i bench 3 pl8 and cant even squat 2

I remember in high school film class some guy said he hit 225 bench for reps. He was really skinny but i thought hey maybe hes one of those guys with insane relative strength so i bekieved him.
Anyway couple months down the road i see him with a noob that hes teaching how to lift. At the end he puts 165 on the bar, struggles to half rep it 4 times and leaves.
High schoolers are the biggest e-staters.

Youre in the wrong gym

Congrats user. Progress is progress. 1 step closer to making it.

Pics? I wanna see your joocy wheelz

> tfw pulled plate two years ago
> tfw slipped 5 discs last week

"Achievements" on squats and deadlifts don't really count.

Good on you dawg

We all gon make it

>tfw 5 discs two years ago
>tfw pulled plate last week

How can you slip 5 discs? Isn't that like breaking a breadstick by holding at each end and it breaking into 6 pieces?

>kept trying to squat for a year
>knees oddly sore, hip joints hurt, low ankle mobility, saps my energy for later lifts
>ask people how my form looks

"doesn't look quite right man" "knees shouldn't be hurting man" "you should go lower I think" etc. etc. etc.

>tfw stopped squatting
>full of energy for other lifts
>squatting made up for by deadlifts and back extensions

This

Squats are a meme. So are deadlifts

excuse me new faggot here. what does one plate weigh in this sense? I don't know of this standard.

45lbs/20kg

>tfw struggling with 1pl8 squat

a "pl8" is 20kg, but when we're talking in the context of 1, 2, 3pl8 and so on it means 60kg, 100kg and 140kg respectively.

Faggots.

I get very out of breath after a set. It doesn't feel right. Does anyone else get this?

I do ATG squats. My back might round a bit

>tfw tried to squat 2pl8 yesterday and snabbed my back
Will I make it?

>tfw finally hit 1pl8 overhead deadlift

> 1pl8 overhead deadlift
>lift 1pl8 to touch the roof using pulleys
>drop it down on your head

i guess thats why they call it a deadlift

>tfw don't squat
Feels awesome

>Tfw I can squat 2pl8, almost DL 3pl8, but my bench is only 1pl8

T-rex mode engaged

>tfw you metallic sphere blaster 1 pl8
>tfw you hernia row 2 pl8
>tfw you get up to 4 pl8 allahu akbar

gonna make it bros

you might have asthma.

tfw 1/2/2/3.5

my squat never goes up and my knees already hurt.

What did you feel? I hurt myself squating two weeks ago, most of the pain is gone but I have this feeling of "lightness" on my right leg

tfw 4pl8 squats and deadlift
tfw 2.5pl8 bench, not even close to 3

b a b y c h e s t s

>1/4 ROM or 1/6 ROM

What does this mean, exactly?

My front squat is as deep as the plot of evangelion seen through the eye of a retarded weeb who know nothing else , but my back squat even without any weight or light weight can only go parallel , I'm beginner garbage tier ( 82 back , 68 front ) But I really wanna substitute the back for front in my SS , Can I do it if i don't care about min maxing my progress ? Or is the extra weight the back squat can add really necessary to carry over to dead-lifting ?

Rom = range of motion

how does 1/8, 1/6 and so on apply to ROM?

Only doing 1/6 of the range of motion , aka only doing a shitty squat where you just go 45° instead of parallel or even worse one where you just slightly bend your knee

>tfw 10 kg of the 1 plate OHP

>started hitting the gym 3 months ago
>hit 1pl8 bench
>finally can do 6 pull ups

feelsgoodman.mkv