/plg/ - Powerlifting general

Powerlifting edition.

For powerlifting, discussion only.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQiUJlRa0N8
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19dTbC-MJuMo1B8hAfNbfqIjtM_2B_74jSgUtMn_AOAw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good night

Sheiko tomorrow

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQiUJlRa0N8

Thread anthem?

LIVIA

Please report every trappy post. Mods are listening.

nn user

Night night Hall and Oates

Repostan from old thread:
>Tfw ohp is the same as it was about 20 lbs ago

I'd be unhappy with this.

My dysphoria is unreal...

What is it?

It's better than it tanking tbqh, especially with a 1000 kcal deficit

No lad I'm dysphoric and I only recently realised.

ur mean

miss u

How many more lbs you got now senpai? How's the schoolwork goin'

11ish, but I think I'll need closer to 20, because I still feel pretty fat. It's going ok. Gonna be working on my program and reading the second half of the book tonight and tomorrow.

Gave up on sabres shit coaching I see lol
back to making gains on sheiko again, good move

Cute, but how do i know you are not just memeing?

Wew lad :(

But yeah, wbu

can't even be fucked to go to the gym tommorow

just want to read a cheeky book and listen to the rain, and later win the euromillions

u cant meme the burning hole in my heart :(

What program cause I may have some code to help you out if it's C++ from the cs classes I took and our syllabus is kinda similar.

Just trying to hype myself up for ID. I was supposed to go on Saturday bit my sleep schedule has been fucked and I kept waking up around closing time for my gym. Hoping I'll still be able to smash it today despite the extended rest

>tfw didn't win last friday
m-maybe if I start buying more

It's in Java, I'm coding a ternary tree, shouldn't be too bad for the most part, already have the node class done. Blast metal/rap/edm, problem solved tbqh.

Do it anyway. Tell yourself "just one more set" until you finish

I swear down I was gonna win that one f.am

didn't even win the millionaire's raffle. pisstake tbqh.

me 2. If I'm ever gonna win it is gonna be the first one often a big win so I will win 1/10th of the guy that won before. not that one wouldn't life comfortable on the starting jackpot though lmao

>Mods are listening.

>open catalog
>50% of the threads are not fitness or health related

i wanted to believe, but then again im here...

are you gonna (required to) do ordering in the tree?

This is supposed to be a thread about powerlifting. It's a gem in the mire. It's not about obsessing over a trap.

I just want to win enough so I can just live of the interest tbqh. 7 million would be cozy af

Guys I'm a noob with a question. I'm about 165 BW and high bar squat an estimated 325 from AMRAP sets. I don't even think I could squat that based on what I say below.

Why is it that it feels so heavy on my back when I go over 225? Is it because I've been working at 70-80% for so long?

Are rack walkouts good to fix this or is there something else?

>what did he mean by this

Back and arms feel like they've gotten bigger on this cut lads. Feels good man. But on the down side, feels like I have some wrist flexor tendinitis coming on :(

Yeah, preorder and post order only, no in order required, but I have a feeling it's because there's no way to standardize it, so it won't be easily transferable, and therefore, impossible to grade.

>health related
check the header m8, Veeky Forums stopped being a 'health' board years ago

i-is that you?

Because it's heavy. Tbqh.

You wish.

Your drooling is obscene. If she were here, she'd be disgusted. She enjoyed discussing powerlifting and helping newbies.

All you do is cry into your hands and rub the tears into your dicks.

estimated 1RM only hold for AMRAP sets if you go to technical failure for a 2-5RM. beyond 5 reps it starts to lose relevance such that the 1rm formula will say 325 when you can probably only squat 285-300.

however, what you CAN draw from a 1RM estimated from a 10RM is that you have the muscle mass necessary to complete the estimated max. so if you estimate your 1RM from a 2-5RM you can say 'i have the proper training necessary to complete the estimated 1RM in a week or so'. but if you use high reps, you can say 'if i squat 225 for 14 reps, it means i have the capacity to peak my strength over the next few weeks and be able to squat 325 at the end of the peak'

Tears don't make good lube

sean please end your pathetic life

I'm not Sean

>image.jpg

ok

True fact: three way tie among the three saddest things you could be
>poptart
>trapposter
>poptart qua trapposter

>Sean is the only one to own an apple device in the world

Okay

I want trappy posts

Here's Alex's program pretty much just like he did it. Made some very minor adjustments just now and we made some minor adjustments along the way and I can't remember every single one of those, not to mention he couldn't do the entire last 3 weeks correctly because of his back.

I can't in good faith recommend it because there's no objective way to say how well it works but here it is.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19dTbC-MJuMo1B8hAfNbfqIjtM_2B_74jSgUtMn_AOAw/edit?usp=sharing

trip on prutus

>refused to post it before because "it needs to be tested first"
>the tears come back , everyone who ran it loses gains
>posts it anyways

:^)

>I can't in good faith recommend it because there's no objective way to say how well it works but here it is.

Who here bulking, tired of hearing all these twinkshits cutting

Oh ok thanks for the explanation, how long does peaking take and is it ever worth doing or notif I'm not competing?

Could I just continue to increase my theoretical max with higher reps?

>this is a man

she's honestly prettier than most normal girls I see. I don't understand how she has been 'lonely' considering she probably got hit on by a ton of guys and just didn't put in enough effort to finding a guy that would accept dicc.

dont smash ur toes

She's getting reamed by Filipe now

6 days before I unleash the dragon

>tfw trappy chan rejects you

why even live

your 83 going to 93 right?

I'd pay 20 grand to rim Livias butthole

83 to THERE'S NOT A STAR IN HEAVEN THAT WE CAN'T REACH

Poutwink confirmed for becoming BBPL

IF WE'RE CLIMBING THEN WE'RE BREAKING FREE

Report off topic lads.

Who else here is bulking besides me, Poutine and user?

All these twinkies cutting baka.

Going to around 200-205lbs and then I'll start cutting down.

>tfw winter bulk started in july

i got to about 93 before going off for sailing worlds, was 89 when i got back. Gonna try to get to 96 by november. Need to always carry extra fat because i always lose tons of weight during competition season.

yooooo
FUCK WILKS
GET TOTAL

>How much test is this guy on?>

Well we don't really have an accurate view of how it transfers to a meet

Can't wait until I can bulk again

Her face literally looks like a dude

>Livia will never sit on your dick while explaining SS to a bunch of neckbeards on Veeky Forums

>her face looks like a dude

cannot unsee

about 4 final tests per semester

>you have to wait a while before reporting another post

>inb4 none of the reported posters gets banned
i would bet cash moneis on this!

Lifts? Personal bests? Interesting anecdotes?

If not, kys.

Literally the most manish face on a girl I've seen in my life

Been bulking all summer like a mad man! Somehow lost weight but my lifts are increasing, did I recomp? I'm eating a shit ton. I literally eat like estimated 3k cals at 5'9" @170 body weight

FIL DO NOT CLICK DO NOT VIEW

at about 203, going to keep going until about 210-215

>Could I just continue to increase my theoretical max with higher reps?
Yes. if you're not competing, and maxing out isn't THAT important to you, you could just keep doing your high rep work for a long time. it builds excellent work capacity, hypertrophy, and to some extent aerobic fitness (which helps you recover better between sets, and between workouts). however, at some point the high rep work will stagnate, and this is when you can take the cue to peak your strength for self-fulfillment more than anything, or if you do decide to enter a comp.

what you should do is, take maybe 6 weeks to peak, or 4. but i'll outline a 4 week peak for squats using auto-regulation (based on feel) and percentages.

I'm assuming you'll train 2 days a week
Week 1
-based on your AMRAP performance, do two days of this week at 4x8-10 reps on a weight that will force you to grind the last 2 reps on the last couple of sets

Week 2
-based on last week's performance, your first day should be 3x7 with minimal grinding on the last set. the second day should be 3x5 such that all the sets are challenging but not deadly.

Week 3
-on the first day, you'll work up to 3x3, again, with minimal grinding, but the last set should be pretty tough, but do not miss a rep
-the second day, you'll work up to 3x2 with no grinding on any rep, but it should be heavy enough that you won't have a 3rd rep in you.

Week 4
-the first day, you'll work up to ~90% of your estimated max for 2x1 and no back off work.
-the second day, you'll just go for a 1RM by working up to 90% of your estimated max and taking small increments from there until you feel that you gave it your all to the last single. it might be as close as 97% of your estimated max, but don't be surprised if it's as low as 94%. my bet is you'll smoke 335 by then though

that's alyssa loughran you shit

Even Esmeralda?

So what are we training tomorrow lads?

Worst angle ever lmao

I'd pay 40 grand to take your chance

My chance?

w-wew thats lewd

box jumps (baby boxes)
tire flips (biggest tire in gym for normies which is bitch teir to any one of appreciable size)
bus drivers w/ 45 lb plate
farmer carries with 100lb DB per hand
prowler push on turf with 2 45's and 2 25's

this was literally a bitch teir normie workout and I'm butchered. dear god, my quads and lungs haven't been on fire like this in fucking ever

Trappy?

your lack of humility will be the death of you

Tbf, box jumps, tire flips, and prowler pushes alone would murder my ass. Explosive movements exhaust me like nothing else

too late...

unfortunately no :(

Oh :(

What do you give her? 5/10?

anyone know any good ways to kms

Oh, is he one of those?

I just wanna open up my window and scream "I LOVE LIVIA CAVALCANTI!!!!!

that's my secret

I'm always dead

nah but srs, that was an intentional exaggeration

reading it in hindsight it didn't come out that way

meh

>on fire

That's a nice little workout, Norsie. Dem endorphins :)

Sometimes it feels really good to just flat out exhaust yourself. That kind of conditioning work does it better than powerlifting alone can.

Good job with wrangling all those cats for the meetup, holmes.