Do bumper plates reduce the impact onto the floor when deadlifting?

Do bumper plates reduce the impact onto the floor when deadlifting?

Going to start slowly replacing my normie plates with bumper plates, mainly for aesthetic purposes because richfag.

You can buy plates but you can't buy the knowledge to use google.

Yes. They also tend to inflate your deadlift numbers compared to metal plates (especially if you're also using a deadlift bar).

Op you just need two 45 bumper plates. The rest of the plates won't touch the ground will 45 bumpers on.

Sorry my assistant was busy sucking my dick and my secondary assistant was busy licking my asshole and my thirdly assistant was busy fucking yo momma, but my fourthly assistant (who does googling for me) was actually in the toilet, I dont pay them during toilet breaks so she shouldn't be long.

Also, why you have to be mad?

What?
Bumper plates are overall better, idk why Veeky Forums hates them.

Depends. If you're stronger off the floor than at lockout then more bar bend can be a bad thing.

Bumper plates are wider than regular plates, so the weight ends up further from where you're gripping, which means a longer lever, which means the bar bends more, which makes the lift slightly easier because you get the part of the bar you're holding a little bit further up before all the weight comes off the ground.

bumper plates are better in every way. if you're rich buy eleiko competition bumper plates. they're calibrated and last forever.

Only if you're not used to it, in most cases.

Most failures at lockout are due to a floor weakness, not a lockout weakness.

that's true, but also completely negligible.

Fair enough. I only use them for Oly lift so i've never had more than 110kg on the bar (my C&J max)

It really isn't once there's serious weight on the bar. I've literally seen guys pull 40lb PRs just because of the difference bumpers make.

Similar to deadlifting with tires, makes your lift easier. Less noise, less likely to ruin your floor or plates. If you can fill your bar with them without their width being a problem then do it.

Also what job you doin that you got rich?

Yeah, it's probably due to being used to it. I always lift with a stiff bar and iron plates (and I rely heavily on a fast pull off the floor) so when I went to a gym with bendy Eleiko bars and bumpers my deadlift dropped a bit.

meme

just get china bumpers that 99% of gyms use

That will definitely fuck you, trying a fast pull when you're not used to the extra whip. Tends to end up jerking you out of position when the slack suddenly ends an inch after you've started the actual pull.

they're not a meme. they're better. not enough to justify the price for most people, but if you're rich then why not get the best?

Top cringe

if that is case I'd argue that the bar was not very stiff to begin with.

Iron Mind bar, which is fairly stiff. I've also seen guys pull smaller bumper PRs using an axle and, for some gods unknown reason, on one occasion a 55lb squat bar.

well, sounds like you have actually seen this in person so I'm just going to assume you're correct.

yeah nah you're a fag l2google