Anyone here has a homegym here?

Anyone here has a homegym here?
Can you share pics/setups?

Just moved and all gym around here are technogyms with focus on zumba and cardio, I'm done with paying subscription and driving 1hours back and forth for this.
So I want to build a small homegym.
So I'm planning to buy pic related for squats and bench press (will buy a separate bench)
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

leboncoin.fr/sports_hobbies/981689352.htm?ca=12_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And for the bench combine with pic related

full rack is way safer than stands

don't skimp out on gym equipment because bad equipment can literally kill you

So something like leboncoin.fr/sports_hobbies/981689352.htm?ca=12_s ?

I've got those stands, they were $40 on fleabay. Would recommend if you don't do any lifts over 2 plates. Otherwise can get a little dicey.

Sure.
If you were me, you might want something with longer safety arms than that. I've always liked the look of Rogue's SML-1 squat stand, but if you have the vertical space, you might want to consider the SML-2 too.

What's your floor situation like? I have iron plates with a thin rubber coating, and while I know that the concrete floor is good for well over 4pl8 deadlifts, I'd none the less advice you to get a pair of rubber mats to soften the blow in case you drop a loaded barbell (Everything that can go wrong will at some point go wrong).

Vertical space is also important if you like lifting overhead. I'm 1.85 tall and can't OHP with plates bigger than the 10 kg ones I have in the image without hitting the ceiling.

This bloke is on to something: Get a good barbell. That's actually the thing that makes home gyms so much better than some public gyms. Cheap barbells will be of inferior steel, be thicker, and have bad knurling.
I have Rogue's Matt Chan bar, but I'd recommend against it if you like a more aggressive knurl, and particularly if you sumo deadlift.
My first choice would have been the B&R bar, but I'd need to have it shipped from the US.
...Which I might as well because Rogue Europe bent me four times over and deep dicked me with the shipping, to the point that I might as well have shopped the US store.

Apart from bench, rack, bar, plates and floor protection, I'd recommend a pullup bar (Built into some racks) and maybe an EZ curl bar for curls and skullcrushers.

I'm headed out to lift now, but I'll be back later if there's anything I can help with.

mines come a pretty long way since being featured in numerous "best of Veeky Forums threads

love the pallet stand.

>flag
lel did you even replaster

nope lol

the flag does its job tho

Yeah I have stands that look exactly like in your pic and a regular adjustable bench. Both of some cheapo generic brand name "Physionics" but still feels robust enough for me to trust that it won't break. Works for what I do, though right now my bar and cheapo sand-filled weights max out at 88kg. Only thing that's to complain about is that 88kg for squats and diddlies isn't really enough but apart from that it works just fine (yes I'm still pretty dyel). My equipment was about $200 total so can't complain really.

Just ordered this a couple days ago cus I'm a lazy fuck.

Nice. I ordered a similar one myself

>samefag

Hey me too! :P

Shut up, Craig.

Pretty barebones and I'd definitely get a power cage if I could find one around here; but easiest squat apparatus to get was pic related

Christ alive, that's expensive! Looks neat, though.
I took the advice of a helpful user a while back, when I considered buying a deadlift jack:
>Place a plate on the floor
>Roll the innermost plate of your loaded bar over the aforementioned plate
Congrats, you can now easily load or unload the bar.

Also have an elliptical

I sort of hate it and wish I had more space but I'm here until next summer. This was the nicest place in my budget

2" plates: $219 (including bar)
1" plates: ~$90 (including 2 dumb bells)
rack: $150 (craigslist!)
mats: $100 (50 x 2 packs)

not having to drive to the gym 5x a week? priceless.

Should mention I have a mat to deadlift from and a pull up bar. Really want a power rack when I have the space. Also maybe a fan. It's 80 in here right now with the AC on. Thanks SC

How do I clean my barbell? It's got this residue on the grips. I've had it since 2012 and never cleaned it

WD-40 and something with bristles.

Do that shit outside though. Then wipe it down, spray it with WD-40 again, let it sit for 2 hours, wipe it down, then bring it inside.

The same way you clean any other piece of metal ya fucking nincompoop.

WD40 will make it slicker than dog shit. Just use simple green and wipe any residual off with EtOH.

Can this fit in my room?

Do you know how to use a tape measure? I can give you a detailed tutorial if you need it.

without seeing your room, the only thing we can tell for sure is that you are retarded.

Depends how many good boy points you save

Bonus points for hidden cat

This counts, right?

>tfw after 1 year with these I'm finally buying a power rack + bench + barbell
I'M READY FOR MY NEW GAINS

rerack your weights you messy bitch

That's a shit cat. Want her?

I'll take her, got more pics?

It won't. Do it on the weekend and it will be back to perfect grip by Monday.

my dope set up

Sure. Look what the asshole did to my bench

Google Inspire M3. BEST HOME GYM IN THE MARKET USES REAL PULLEY SYSTEM LIKE IN COMMERCIL CABLE MACHINES. I just got this one and also a rack of Dumbbells ranging from 5lbs to 50 and will be buying more Dumbbells eventually.

I'm only missing a squat rack for my wife

Scratching your gains away

Titan T2 and T3 power cages are really good for the money. Wait until a holiday, because they have sales. Also, WELCOME10 gets you 10% off.

Go to a tractor supply store and pick up some horse stall mats.

Dick's Sporting Goods has a good incline/decline/flat bench.

I needed mine to be portable (basement in the Winter / patio late Spring to early Fall) so I went for BW Products portable squat and safety stands. They're fucking expensive (I could have bought a Rogue R-3 for the same price) but they are still cheaper than IronMind's same setup and they are solid as fuck.