Veeky Forums, how do I into meal prep?

Veeky Forums, how do I into meal prep?
I'm skinny fat, and I don't think I eat enough non-junk food to get muscle. It is much easier to just eat like crap than have to cook a meal from scratch three times a day, so I feel I would benefit from meal prep.

Post your meal prep recipes, shopping lists, ect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfvuM_wAPe4a488LCFhLwIzNXforaiDDw
amazon.com/California-Home-Goods-Compartment-Containers/dp/B00WLCDT9O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470176599&sr=8-4&keywords=food box
gimmesomeoven.com/freezer-breakfast-burritos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally just do what's in the pic. Season and bake/grill some chicken, steam veggies, throw in a carb source. Make big batches of it all, put 2-3 days worth in the fridge and any more in the freezer. Repeat when you run out. This isn't some ground breaking concept

Buy frozen chicken breasts, a lot/10
Buy frozen veggies, a lot/10
Buy rice and beans, plenty/10

Do about 3 or 4 hours of cooking over a weekend and BOOM, meal preps ez

Just learn to eat cheap nutritious food. Buy frozen chicken breast, take two out, put in separate plastic baggies, fill sink up with hot water and chuck them in. 15 minutes later they're thawed. Meanwhile boil pasta water. Throw chicken breast in a oiled medium-hot pan, fry for 8 minutes. Salt, pepper, ketchup if you need it. Serve with veggies of your choice. Yes it's bland but it's nutrition, not a fucking gourmet experience.

You are talking about the easy part. Where do you get the fucking boxes for it, idiots?

>Just learn to eat cheap nutritious food without a load of sauce or mayo or shit. Buy frozen chicken breast, take two out, put in separate plastic baggies, fill sink up with hot water and chuck them in. 15 minutes later they're thawed. Meanwhile boil pasta water. Throw chicken breast in a oiled medium-hot pan, fry for 8 minutes. Salt, pepper, ketchup if you need it. Serve with veggies of your choice. Yes it's bland but it's nutrition, not a fucking gourmet experience.

Why did you delete your message bro? What's wrong with a load of sauce or mayo or shit?

Jesus.
It doesn't have to be some fancy bento box with nice little separations that are sized perfectly for your particular macro needs.

Just buy some cheap Tupperware, autismo.

literally any grocery store in the first world

its not rocket surgery you fucking hobo

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfvuM_wAPe4a488LCFhLwIzNXforaiDDw

Start here

What do you bros season your brown rice with?

>easy part is spending 4 hours cooking
>hard part is going on amazon, typing 3 words, then pressing buy
WOOO

also you don't need to make that much shit user
>get 3 things of lean turkey, cook packet and a half in a pan with half can of hot salsa
>put chicken in oven with some sort of seasoning (lemon pepper) and olive oil
>buy frozen turkey burgers
>buy frozen veggies
you can hit your macros every day spending like an hour cooking MAX

amazon.com/California-Home-Goods-Compartment-Containers/dp/B00WLCDT9O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470176599&sr=8-4&keywords=food box

I think this should work. Never used it, but it looks alright. Can anyone review them for us?

fitmencook is also a really nice channel and he covers weekly meal prep

don't you put them in microwave when you gonna eat them?

>Post your... shopping lists
Here's the staples I always keep around.
>whatever lean proteins I feel like that week
>rice
>potatoes
>sweet potatoes
>frozen mixed veggies
>frozen mixed fruit
>garlic
>carrots
>bananas
>dried dates
>random fresh fruit
>fresh greens
>dried sea greens
>rice vinegar
>apple cider vinegar
>lime juice
>red and black pepper
>ginger powder
>smoked paprika
>random other occasionally used seasonings
>peanut butter
>cashew milk (hate on it faggots, it's delicious)

Probably missing some staples. That's off the top of my head. Will add other random shit as I feel like it. I go grocery shopping once per week, usually cook 2x-3x per week, in 45ish minute bursts, making enough food for plenty of meals.

This has to be bait.

>Post your meal prep recipes
Alright, so for my recipes -

I tend to eat a lot of raw or dried food during the AM or for snacks, so really no prep needed there. As far as my meals, they are always the same basic set-up:
>lean, grilled protein
>a bunch of greens
>steamed/stir-fried veggies
>a starch, usually baked potato slices or steamed rice
>and a sauce
It sounds boring and monotonous, but having a variety of sauces is really what makes a huge difference. You can hunt your grocery store for a handful of different sauces that are the type of healthy you are looking for, and that is quick and easy, but.... grocery stores don't usually carry many good sauces that aren't *full* of sugar and other shit, so it's always good to know a few recipes of your own. Here are a couple of my favorites.

>Thai Peanut Sauce
1. 2 tsp. ginger powder (or 1 small pinky diced ginger)
2. 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
3. 3 Tbsp. (4 cloves) minced garlic
4. 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
5. 4 Tbsp. lime juice
6. 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
7. 8 Tbsp. peanut butter
8. 1/4 C. water
Mix that shit together and you're done

>Mustard Vinaigrette
1. 5 Tbsp. mustard (dijon or brown)
2. 4 Tbsp. vinegar (apple cider or balsamic)
3. 2 Tbsp. water
4. 1 tsp. black pepper
5. (opt.) 3 dates
Blend it and you're done.

>Hummus
1. 1 can (~2 C.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2. 1/4 C. (4 Tbsp) tahini (opt. sesame seeds or peanut butter instead)
3. 4 Tbsp lemon juice
4. 2-3 Tbsp minced garlic
5. 3 Tbsp water
6. (opt) other ingredients for flavor - I usually use baked jalapeƱos, carmelized onions, or smoked paprika for this.
Blend it and you're done.

>Sriracha Sauce
1. 1/2 cup vinegar
2. 1 lb red chili peppers
3. (optional) 5-6 fresh Serrano chiles
4. 1 Tbsp sea salt
5. 1 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
6. 1.5 Tbsp date paste
7. 4 cloves garlic
Blend it, put it in a sealed jar, let it sit for a few days before using it for best flavor.

Tons of other recipes online. Hope it helps.

Oh, I just to be clear on my recipes, for that last one, that should be tamari/soy sauce. Same difference for most people.
And "date paste" is a sweetener I make just out of dates and water, you can really just throw in like 3-4 dates for the same effect.

Buy 10 sweet potatoes and cook in oven with the 10 lbs of chicken you bought. Put in container that separates it from the outside world. Carry with you (all of them of course) wherever you go.

Also I should point out, since some of those are going to look like a lot of soy sauce or fatty peanut butter/tahini, I don't use a ton of sauce on my meals, so each one of these will last me through several, several meals.

I think of them as just ways to enhance and vary the flavor of the actual stuff I'm eating, rather than another main ingredient.

I just started this, and the meals are fucking delicious, not too hard to make either, just read the instructions and you're set.

Holy fucking shit, it's like you've never heard of Google or Amazon. How the fuck have you even made it this far in life without falling into an open manhole or something?

Thanks for sharing user, I'll have to look in to these.

So is there a go-to tool for making macros? Or should I just whip out excel and start punching shit in?

I haven't done anything with macros and stuff before, just the standard avoidance of sugary foods and such.

hi Veeky Forums

i crapped my food budget this month. what are some good cheap@$$ mealprep meals?

Here's my idea, is it going to work?

Shopping list:
> a crapton of tupperwares
> lentils
> brown rice
> frozen green veggies (greenbeans, broccoli)
> frozen meatballs, frozen chicken breast
> some kind of sauce

Prep:
> Cook the lentils and brown rice in a rice cooker
> Marinate the chicken breasts, bake the chicken breast and meatballs in sauce.
> Maybe bake the greenbeans and broccoli with the meat too
> Put some lentils/rice, meat and frozen veggies in each tupperware, and freeze.

When it's time to eat, put some butter on the veggies and microwave the tupperware.

Is this going to work?

holy shit user

plz post a pic of yourself so I can put a face to this awful personality and cluelessness

there are websites that are decent for measuring meal macros, and so good for figuring them out.

Once you get used to making meals, you'll have a decent enough understanding of macros that you won't need any tools to get close to where you are aiming, but before I got there I used to use cronometer.com
It's decent, tracks macros and most major micronutrients, has a bunch of other tools if you need it.

If it doesn't suit you, there are several other websites out there that will do it.

>is it going to work?
looks good to me

Is 40-40-20 a good baseline then?

I used the thing on Scoobysworkshop to get the raw numbers, but I'll probably just use Excel so I can fit stuff into it that isn't just chicken, rice and broccoli.

Thanks for the help, by the way. I appreciate it as an absolute layman.

>these are the people giving you advice

FUCK

Have you never microwaved food before man?

Yes it will 'work'

I dont meal prep I just cook 2-3 days worth of food every 2-3 days and make meals out of it every day. You dont have to autistically portion out meals into 21 tupperwear containers every Sunday.

What's the consensus on v8

kek

if you make all your food on sunday, wont the food be old and bad by thursday?

ive heard cooked food only lasts for max of 3 days.

do you need to freeze your food then?

Depends on what I've got made. I actually kind of like cold chicken, and if the veggies are raw or they're pretty delicate (like spinach) I'm less likely to nuke it. If you do nuke them, though, put a damp paper towel over everything

In OP's image, is this type of meal planning for bulking or cutting? How many calories does each container have? I'm on bulking phase btw.

I don't know. Anywhere that sells shitty plastic-ware?

Please don't have kids. We have enough retards as it is.

ctrl+f crockpot
no results
Guys

Grilling is fine if you're good at it and have somewhere to grill, but if you want your meat to stay moist (hue), slow cooking is where it's at. Plus super low effort, can easily sneak vegetables in, etc.

Freezing probably wouldn't hurt, but I regularly eat week-old cooked chicken and am still walking around. The FDA says 4-6 days IIRC.

Depends on how much of it there is. Food scales are like ten bucks on Amazon. Weigh your shit out.

I cook enough meals for Monday-Friday. I have all of Saturday and Sunday to cook whatever I want. You're gonna have to nuke whatever you prep anyways so you can always freeze it.

Speaking of which, this is how I do breakfast.
gimmesomeoven.com/freezer-breakfast-burritos/

Make a fuckload of them and just nuke them in the morning. Add some salsa afterwards and you're good to go. The best thing about making your own breakfast burritos is that you can do whatever you want. Egg and cheese. Egg, ham, and cheese. Egg, sausage, and cheese. Egg, bacon, and cheese. Egg, peppers, and cheese. Egg, hash, and cheese. Whatever the fuck you want. Mass cook a months worth at a time and breakfast takes 1-2 minutes each morning to cook.

>gimmesomeoven.com/freezer-breakfast-burritos/
MY MOTHAFUCKIN NIGGA THIS SHIT CHANGED MY LIFE

ps if you haven't tried browning the tortilla in a pan when you warm them up...try it. thank me later.

Do these sauces last, can they be made in bulk and kept fridge, or make them for the meals you're making to store

Just starve yourself to death. It shouldn't be hard for you.

you could have had one

The Sriracha sauce will last for weeks in the fridge (or even really in a cupboard somewhere) because of the vinegar. The rest can be frozen fine. Well, except for maybe the hummus, I haven't frozen that, so I'm not sure. But the hummus can last for a week+ in the fridge, and I use it as a sauce and a dip for snacks, so I never feel the need to freeze it since it goes so quickly.

>6. 1.5 Tbsp date paste
Can it be replaced?

Herbs and spices, bitch.

Yes, just grind up roofies and add water.

What's your favorite hot sauce Veeky Forums?

You DO like spicy food, right?

MI Madre Pique

But which ones?

I dig that you took that well, lol.

Besides salt? Add sauteed diced onion, a can of diced tomatoes (subtract water accordingly), and chili powder for some spanish rice. Cook with salt and bayleaf and then toss with lime juice and fresh cilantro for a Chipotle clone. Fridge it overnight and then make fried rice with diced green onion, garlic, diced ham or shrimp, egg, and soy sauce.

Three options that are all legit as hell and will keep it fresh.

>I dig that you took that well, lol.

I wish for reddit to stay in reddit.

what do you put the sauce on?

Started doing prepping. This was my first attempt. Only keeping it small so I don't fuck up. So that's 4 days worth. Oats for breakfast, plenty of fruit and nuts for snacking. Actually enjoying this shit.

obviously cutting - lean meat, clean carbs and veggies. you'd have to eat a fucking shit ton of that same meal in a day to hit your bulking needs.

That looks delicious, famalam.

Just throw in the microwave to warm up?

I'm starting a job next week where I'll actually have a fridge to keep a lunch in, so thinking about doing something like this.

>white rice

NOT
GONNA
MAKE
IT

what's in the top right corner ?

>this obvious joke somehow baited this many replies

i do this, 200g of chicken, 150g of pasta, 30~50g of brocoli and 30~50g of sweet potatoes

Dollar Tree. Spend ten or twenty dollars on ten or twenty of them.

Can prepped meals last you throughout the whole week even if they're kept in a fridge? From my experience, rice is the first to go off after 3 days in the fridge, then shortly after - the chicken breasts.

if you want a huge, muscular body, I dunno

if you want a body that's light and tough as fucking nails, start cutting carbs out. not completely, but damn near it. start eating spinach, broccoli, etc. for potassium. also, lean meats are great (chicken, turkey, etc.)

Huh. I've never seen white flesh sweet potatoes before

disgusting flavor, but the juices are okay.

Kind of related question, but do you guys have prepped meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
I thought about doing this because it would make staying on a strict, clean diet super easy.

Some recipes require a dallop of yogurt mixed with cumin and other herbs. It adds total fat which you need, as well as flavor.

Watch the videos on the channel "Fit Couple Cooks"

It's good.

Check out "Fit Couple Cooks"

They have recipes and preps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

>tfw you go to rocket medical school to become rocket surgeon
>can't find job
>people laugh at you in interviews
>I'll show them

Breakfast is easy. Make a big batch of steel cut oats, measure out portions and put them into mason jars. Hardboil eggs on Sunday.

I usually do 6 meals a day. Breakfast, 4 meals that are similar to each other (meat, rice, veg) and a shake. The biggest meal is usually breakfast because it's gotta last through morning class and a workout, but I just eat the other meals when I start to get peckish.

If I'm going on a cut, though, I'll usually replace the rice in 2-3 of the meals with salad or more veg

here in Brazil there are orange, purple, white and beige ones, i like the white one because its not so sweet and it bakes really quickly

Yeah, that's like
>4-5 dates
>1 Tbsp. agave
>1 Tbsp. honey
or
>just leave it out, but you'll just have a basic hot sauce, won't be as good

Stevia's probably okay in that too, if you want a calorie free way to get that flavor

>what do you put the sauce on?
...on the food I listed at the beginning of that post

Thanks famalams
I'm gonna start living on a more regimental schedule come fall, so this really helps