Is 27 too late to start lifting for gainz? I feel like I wasted my prime doing jack shit...

Is 27 too late to start lifting for gainz? I feel like I wasted my prime doing jack shit. Is there really a point to lifting so late in life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1rSENzYhUDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're still in your prime
27 isn't old you're just retarded

No its not too late. It will be more difficult than if you had started young and you wont progress as quickly but its still better than doing nothing.

With a steady focus and great routine, 3 years from now you'll look back on this moment and wonder if you really *did* have autism

Why aren't you lifting right now?

27 isn't prime.

I started at 24 and I am 30 now.

Despite being the strongest/biggest I've ever been, I can't lift more than 3 days per week. Back when I first started lifting I was lifting 6-7 days a week no problem.

I did, I started a routine yesterday.
Full body 3 times a week.

In the middle of creatine loading currently and my ten pound bag of protein weight gainer came in. I was just wondering, I just wanna be really big and strong so people can look up to and respect me more.

plz post pics

It's never too late to be who you might have been
Conquer the world

If all you care about is looking big and strong then there is always steroids

I started at 28. About to turn 30 and it has changed my life drastically. I really do feel like I'm in my prime. Best decision I ever made. The problem I have now is gettin out more and actually enjoying my gains instead of spending Fridays lifting.

It's not a good idea to use steroids without first reaching your limit with normal weight lifting, so I've read.

>changed my life drastically

Please list improvements.

Man it's never too late

I always look at this guy when I'm feeling down about my body - Gorgon is a fucking monster

youtu.be/1rSENzYhUDU

Tbh that whole video is a night mare as he literally examines his whole fat pig body in full detail

Report frogposters.

my mental state has improved
i have more confidence
i have more energy
i sleep better, enjoy better food
people treat me better
i get more attention from women
i set goals and work long-term to achieve them, there's a sense of satisfaction that's derived from that i haven't found many other places
i've learned discipline and commitment, how to adapt and adhere to routine and schedule
there's so much more to say. i've just improved in every aspect of being a man.

Do you wear clothes that intentional showcase your newfound physique? I would prefer a before/after pic, if you would be so kind.

>i set goals and work long-term to achieve them, there's a sense of satisfaction that's derived from that i haven't found many other places

are you able to use this goal setting in other areas besides Veeky Forumsness? I haven't skipped a workout since I started, but I still procrastinate when it comes to college

I trained since i was 15 for fitness but only started lifting for mass at 26. You don't want to wait until you are 30 and say i wish i had of started earlier.

I'm 29 and I just started 3 months ago, feels good man.

none of my old clothes fit anymore. yeah all my new shirts and stuff are mostly form-fitting and athletic cut.

vry nice user! i am happy for u :)

Started at 32 fat as fuck lazy twat. I beast myself 5 times a week and see good progress. Don't limit yourself before you start.

I'll put in a few years and if I feel I need help I'll low dose test.

I started lifing at 40, its never too late. I'm gonna look pretty good when i'm 45 atleast unlike most 45 year olds.

You're probably still at peak androgen activity, OP. On average, it starts to level off in your 40's-50's, but only negligibly, IE, you'll still be more virile than you're average 16 year old.
It's never too late.

good job

start doing roids and you will be fine.

I started lifting regularly (6 times a week) a year ago at 26. Op, don't listen to this weak-ass faggot. you're still in the prime of your life. I work with 40-60 year olds as a carpenter's assistant who constantly remind me how young I am.

37 lift 5:days a week. I won't look like I did when I was 21 but I look pretty damn good. It's never too late.

Confirmed. Started at 26, 29 now. The 20 year olds who started at my gym 6 months ago are catching up fast. After 25 it really is downhill quick. Still, no excuse not to start now. If you don't start lifting, by the time you're 30 you'll look like an absolute pile of shit like 95% of the 30 year old population. Your choice.

routine?

SS+dips&chins then a 4-day TM split

I do know after a certain age it's becomes hard for you to build muscle, and you just maintain the muscle you have.

your waist looks worse soemhow

Started when I was 30. It's been about 3 years and I'm at 1/2/3/4. Wish I started sooner but I'm definitely lifting more weight than the younger guys at my gym and they started way before I did.

You can do it.

proud of you brother

maybe, but that's not really the point

I started at 25, but tbqh senpai, I still look like a fucking DYEL even after doing PPL 5 days a week.

I'm 26 now, so I'm almost in the same boat anyways.

The best time to start lifting is either 15 years old, or right now.

Get on it you miserable frogposter.

same

>this is...I mean it's like...a good, maybe, half an inch? Maybe half an inch of belly fat

Holy shit the delusion.

JESUS CHRIST HE'S A B CUP.

im 35 and i only started lifting consistently a year and a half ago. ive dropped 30lbs and all my back/joint pain has gone away. i seriously look better than i did when i was a skinny fat 18 year old, and am the strongest that ive ever been. its never too late

life does not stop after 25. you might have a good 50 years in you, how would you live those years? doing jack shit as you said, or something worthwhile?

id also like to add that most of my good friends are in their mid 40s, and consider 35 year old me to be the young dumb kid in the group who likes weird new music that came out 15 years ago. 27 isnt old, and youll feel like a fucking retard when you turn 40 and remember when you thought it was

Of course it's not too late, it's never too late. It would've been better if you started last year and even better if you started last decade. But starting now is better than starting next year.

Feel so lucky that I started lifting 2 weeks ago, i'm 18 and I kept thinking to myself I should've started earlier, but reading these posts make me feel so much better.

This will always happen. Diminishing returns, etc. Noobs will always be gaining faster than you no matter how long you train as long as you are consistent. Hell, anyone who has been training for less time than you will.

listen up dude. i was 19 years old when i picked up a weight for the first time.
fast forward to 24 i had some decent gains but fat gains too, didnt know much about training or nutrition and was lacking discipline.

24-28 depressed, crap food, bottle of jack per 2-4 days etc made a big beer belly. no exercise at all.

summer 2014, 28 yrs, decided to turn my life around, started lifting again but this time i had the discipline to do everything as right as i could. Training and nutrition.

30yrs old now, i feel and look the best i've ever been, it is never too late user.

did you bulk before the cut in the middle and right pic? or did you have that under your skinnyfat body on the left?

lifting will cure your social autism. lifting will make you more comfortable in your own skin. lifting will give you a sense of confidence. lifting will show others your care about your body. lifting is never to late for anybody, your body has been waiting for that chisel and hammer my good man, its been waiting for you to start your craft.

Never too late.

But as others have mentioned, it is tougher than when you were 18. You do notice the wear and tear on your body. I'm 27 now and I'm feeling different things (sores, tightness) in my body than I did when I was 18 and working out and lifting literally every day. But if you're smart and cautious you can still 25/8 beast mode.

lift, and start taking testostorone and HGH in early 30's

>my mental state has improved
>i have more confidence
>i have more energy
>i sleep better, enjoy better food
>people treat me better
>i get more attention from women

this

I started at 30 and I'm 33 now. It's never too late but as others have said your progression will be slower, as will your recovery and it's easier to pick up injuries. Don't be put off by guys in their early 20s being able to milk noob gains more efficiently than you. You will be able to get to the same end game as them, it will just take longer.

I started at 25 unable to do a chin up, or squat more than the bar with good form.

I PBed 3 pl8 squat 6 months ago, and 3 pl8 weighted chin last week, ( even though I stopped focusing on strength for 3 years to do more mobility and *ahem* aesthetics).

I'm 30 next month, and besides a couple nagging injuries I easily manage, I can see mysel still slowly gaining until mid-30s

fortunately when you're in your 30s you're a bit more patient and time doesnt drag on like it used to, which means its way easier to make lifting a long term thing when you have the patience. the last year has absolutely flown by, and them gains keep coming.

Started at 38. I see and feel the results.

There are also retired guys that are insanely fit at my gym.

It's only too late when you're dead.

You're never too old to not be a fag. Pic related.

Son, the hour before you die isn't too late to start lifting.

If you start today, you will have no regrets. If you start "maybe tomorrow" you will always feel this way.

Just like fatties. They can be 600lbs at 40 y.o. and be zyzz-mode in a few years If you really try

We're all gonna make it kid.

Accept your fate as a masculine Aryan god in prime physical condition. You will never know the power you have until you are ready to work for it.

There's no feeling like pushing your body to its limit, doing things your desk dwelling peers think impossible, and things only superheros can achieve.

Every day you will become happier and healthier while they waste away and can't figure out why

>18
>should've started earlier
You only lost a couple years. The clincher is sticking at it. I started at 14/15 but stopped around 17 and never got back to it till now at 24. Don't be me. Lifting for the first time the other day almost killed me.

Same here. I started at first when I was 17, 27 now, but back then it was sporadic and not committed. A couple of years on a couple of years off, no impressive results. Until about half a year ago when I started getting serious with it, 6 days/week, proper routine (PPL) and diet. Why would it be pointless to lift just because you're not 20 anymore? My 60+ dad works out (I helped him with making a routine even) several times a week and is seeing great results even.

I hate the "I'm too old for X" mentality, you're not unable to work out or learn to play an instrument or go to university just because you're older. It's like some people just give up because they passed 25, like they're no good for anything but having children and being a wageslave anymore. What kind of attitude is that?

Powerlifters and strongmen peak in strength when they are 35-40 years old.

Fitness is for life.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today."

I repeat this to myself every time I start to feel like I'm too old. Reminds me to make the best and most positive decisions I can in the present to avoid more regret in the future.