Plg - powerlifting general

Someone put Sean and trappys head on this pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=INBY84sqrR0
youtube.com/watch?v=5JD6ejmlpa8
dp8hsntg6do36.cloudfront.net/57961489fd2e616b89000000/2e58abad-ea20-485c-b408-425ed38263e6high.webm
instagram.com/p/BIpWNsIjLEs/?taken-by=girlswhopowerlift&hl=en
instagram.com/p/BIaXljRhojL/?taken-by=colemanstrong
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First post reserved for my love and princess Avonsquatsdale

Second post reserved for my love and princess 200lbs1year aka Bert

Third post reserved for my love and big girl Sparrow

As trappys loyal knight I insist you stop this

Fifth post reserved for my love and DIRTY princes Commune Grill

Sixth post reserved for my whore slut Marcel

Just post her fb already.

Eighth post reserved for all of my friends on plg

My princess is not amused

Tenth post reserved for ice cream and conventional deadlifts.

>HER

12th post for Marcel, may he always have a place in my heart.

Thirteenth post reserved for talented litters

Stop right now

so this post is reserved for Fil then?

It doesn't matter. She acts like a girl, walks like a girl and talks like a girl.

Fillip is the only one I believe deserves it, he doesn't train "hard" he trains appropriate for his age, weight and strength.

I appreciate his modesty and he doesn't bring me down.

wise words from a potatohead

Eighteenth post reserved for wanting to talk about powerlifting.

Has anyone ever gotten any rib pain after lifting?

I didn't feel it at all yesterday while lifting, but I have some somewhat sharp pain in the side of my ribs now. I think it might just be from my belt being too tight, but I'm not sure. I just hope I didn't fuck my shit up since tomorrow is deadlift day.

This post is reserved for the King in The North,Filip.

I've had this. It went away.

Could be from the belt, could have pulled a muscle. Hope you feel better soon

>fat between skin and upper abs feels like it's down to the millimeters
>abs still not visible
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

After how long? Did you loosen your belt or just power through?

The best day of the week (deadlifts) is tomorrow and I definitely don't want to feel like shit during it.

Thanks, I'm just not sure what muscle I could have pulled. I did some very high volume squats yesterday and my belt did feel a bit tight/uncomfy. The pain was fairly sharp a couple hours after lifting last night, but it's feeling a bit better this morning.

I didn't use a belt when I had it. I just lifted through it like most pain.

Intercoastal(sp?) Muscles, the ones between your ribs

Sometimes it happens to me too and usually it goes away after 1-2 days.
I have no idea what that could be and I don't even have a belt.

Intercostal*

Yeah Filip is a great guy really.

Good sense of humor too.

That's how it is with my lower abs. You're really close. What are you weighing these days? If I had to guess based on your strength and height I'd think you'd need to be around 175ish for decent ab definition, but it does depend on genetic fat distribution. When I'm around 12% or so, almost all of my fat is on my lower stomach and around my hips.
>tfw slight love handles with upper 4 abs visible

Hmm, I want to use my belt tomorrow since I have some 85% deadlifts. We'll see how it goes.

Yeah, hopefully it's something minor and goes away after a day or two.

Is it possible to ever lift heavy again after getting a serious disc bulge? I'm recovering with the McGill method but I don't know what to expect at the end of it. I still have daily pain. Also, is it ok to bench while I'm recovering?

The physician I visited apparently gave me a lot of bad advice I realized after reading the works of based McGill, so asking them for advice seems useless. He even says in his book that people usually recover fine on their own using his methods.

What's the McGill method? I have a bulging disc and I'm squatting heavy, deadlifting heavy and benching heavy just fine. I've use a lot of rebah from Dr kelly starlet to get to this stage.
I do have to know my limits however.

I'm 196-197. And I'll probably be in a similar situation as you, my dad is the same way.

Probably, but it really depends on how severe we're talking. It'll definitely be a while before you're pain free. I got out just fine, but mine was fairly minor. Not sure how bad garagebro's bulge was, but he's lifting heavy now, and hotpiss also lifts fairly heavy post disc bulge

There's a girl that goes to my gym that competes in ipf.
She's holds the deadlift & squat jnr record.

She squats way more than me and it's so demoralising

Don't know if it's a method per say, but Stuart McGill wrote the book "Back Mechanic" to self-diagnoze and treat your own back pain.

It starts with going over the anatomy, what to do, what not to do, common myths like sucking your belly in, dangerous stretches etc.

Then you are taught how to perform daily activities in a way that doesn't cause microtension on the spine (which builds up over the course of a day), i.e. tying your shoes, brushing your teeth, sitting, standing, all that shit. This is categorized as "Back Hygiene".

Finally you are given a core program, The Big 3, to perform every single day. These are the bird dog, side planks, and a modified safe curl up. You can google these.

Apparently this is all you need. Remove all the daily activities that cause the pain and microtears, perform the big 3 to strengthen your core. Just by being painfree you're slowly recovering since the brain learns to desentize the area and reduce pain with it.

Don't know why I wrote this all out when you can just google it, but oh well. Do you still have pain when you're lifting heavy?

Norse, for the survey, do you think we can
Collect info like grip width for lifts as
Well as frequency of each lift per
Week!

I do the band stretch from here
youtube.com/watch?v=INBY84sqrR0
A modified version out it, which is a little harder

I do this before every session and I have no lower back pain. There will be times I'm pushing my limits and I can feel that my lower back will blow out so I just stop. But this is if my form is bad mostly.

I also help alleviate the pain by squeezing my glutes as hard as fuck and for the most part belts squats. I can't go super heavy with squats right now, but I can go near maximal without a belt and without pain but a belt takes away a lot of the risk of re injuring myself.
I don't belt deadlifts and I'm find with that.

Any dl link for that book?

Not that I could find, so I bought it. Seemed pretty valuable to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=5JD6ejmlpa8

>Also related: The song I want playing when I walk on the platform.

What fed allows music?

I'd play let the bodies hit the floor

IPF generally cuts it during the lift so you can hear the commands, but I find that by deadlifts the meet organizers can't be arsed and just play generic dadrock under everything.

Took me 8 months to go from 0-310kg deadlift. Day after i did it i couldnt raise my legs while lying down and i was walking like a baby deer.

Mcgill's stuff is gold

I dont think ive ever heard a down command or the music for that matter. The blood pounding in my head blocks everything out

I get it when my training gets intense, I think it's either a lat strain or intercostal strain. Can actually get pretty bad so just monitor it and take it easy if it starts getting worse, usually I can just ignore it though

>She squats way more than me and it's so demoralising

That's a really damned stupid mindset; she's a elite athlete. If anyone holding an IPF record trained at my gym, I'd be dong everything I could to learn from that lifter.

>I dont think ive ever heard a down command or the music for that matter. The blood pounding in my head blocks everything out

My deadlift memory usually goes as such:

>"BAR IS LOADED"
>Directly to white lights

>climbing on statue

Degeneratex2

>docs
Make it 3

Yeah as soon as i grab the bar i dont remember anything until after the lift

Yesterday I did squats building up to 85% 4x2, then 80% 4x3 bench, 75% 3x6 bench (both off a theoretical bench max I've never actually hit), then more squats building up to 80% 4x2 followed by some accessories. It was definitely an intense day.

>bodybuilding

Sounds awesome. You followed McGill and became painfree? Did you wait 'til you were painfree until you started lifting again? Did you do any upper work in the meantime?

I just want to squat and dl again GOD DAMNIT, even with the babyweights. I have no problem completely resetting my lifts.

My goal for 2016 is to get strong enough that no girls are stronger than me unless they're super heavies or Olympians

>spend years training to compete
>never do because I have aspergers

>unless they're super heavies
kekking right now

are you really weaker than SHW girls?

lmao tBh

Those calf's are loyal

bet he cant run for a mile

Yeah I can't find it either,shieet.

You doing Sheikz? Lol if you are that's funny because I literally only ever get it if I'm doing Sheiko

>Just saw Carly Rae Jepsen's new haircut
>She's even hotter/cooler to me now

Goddamnit lads

dp8hsntg6do36.cloudfront.net/57961489fd2e616b89000000/2e58abad-ea20-485c-b408-425ed38263e6high.webm

I got back in the gym a week later, thousands of back raises over the months, it will hurt, but it will hurt a little less each time be patient. I do a lot of decompression by hanging upside down on a heavy band choked round a power rack. I have to stay on top of keeping the area loose or sciatica flares up. I trained as normal but worked up from 1 plate and listened to my body. I dont do deadlifts from the floor anymore apart from in a meet, i pull from 3 inches

Is the girl in this pic named Laura by any chance?

you have issues of some kind

My issue is my

E X C E L L E N T
X
E
L
L
E
N
T

T A S T E
A
S
T
E

E X C E L L E N T T A S T E

instagram.com/p/BIpWNsIjLEs/?taken-by=girlswhopowerlift&hl=en

This is cancer

This whole page is cancer

Why do women ruin powerlifting lads?

>I dont do deadlifts from the floor anymore apart from in a meet, i pull from 3 inches
what in the ever loving fuck

She looks like the waitress from sunny, if the waitress was really ugly and wore 10 pounds of makeup.

It doesn't feel right to workout with pain though. I feel it more when I'm just bending forwards (spine flexion) picking up shit incorrectly etc. so it's really sensitive to the incorrect movements.

How many lads here have run TM with no Recovery day?

so, you only squat and bench 2x week.

I am running nuckols upper + lower TM but I do upper and lower together on RD and ID so I do each lift 3x per week.

I am considering doing:

cuckols d1
lower VD
cuckols d2
lower intensity
cuckols d3

but I want to have the extra squat volume I get from RD, and I am worried about not having the movement pattern down very well if i only do it 2x weekly.

any thoughts?

Do you think mcgill's stuff would be useful sans injury, but just as prehab shit (like once or twice per week?)

I havent looked into into it but im considering getting book now tbqh.

Oh no not girls doing something we like! How dare they invade our safe space and make us face our insecurities around women! I thought the gym would be a nice safe cuckoon for me!

Why do women ruin everything*

>female """""""""""power lifters""""""""""""""
instagram.com/p/BIaXljRhojL/?taken-by=colemanstrong

Are you a fucking idiot? If that was men in the video it's still fucking cancer retarded lame shit
god damn why is every SJW such a fucking idiot retard fuck
look at your fucking name *SSB blew me the fuck out* lmfao you're so fucking pathetic.

i really like EMOTION. Not a huge fan of the haircut 2bh

kek i just started watching that yesterday.

Shitty straw man. Powerlifting was originally a mans underground sport which has been PLAGUED by mainstream media and women

Like cuck retards such as yourself

Yeah, Sheiko heh. Did it ever interfere with your next workout?

only once, I let it get realll bad and had to take a week off the gym entirely. every other time I've had it I've been fine and trained as normal as long as I've kept my form in check and stuff

You're such a pussy. Why are you so obsessed over a little intercostal muscle strain?

Omfg

You know when you make a female video game character and you have to choose a hairstyle? She has the one I'd never pick.

>BWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH

Youre not working out youre rehabbing yourself. Leave it if you want but it will take you much longer if you dont keep it supple and keep forcing blood in there.

100% its main intention is for spinal stability not rehab

I only do 3 inch block pulls to minimise risk of reinjury. So far so good

The Back Mechanic book is mainly for treating your pain, but it's also a lot of useful information on how to move correctly and how to strengthen your core properly. He has another book called "ultimate back fitness" which you can download that's more comprehensive. The back mechanic is a step-by-step guide for simpletons to fix their shit on their own.

Mate, tryhard "motivation" meatheads have been a part of powerlifting since it was still the Oddlifts. Know the history of your sport.

>i really like EMOTION.

Quality album

Lol he's mad that the thing he hasn't even done is being enjoyed by other people.

Are you in support or against the statement? I can not tell.

Ahah holy fuck this made me laugh.

Okay, thanks. Cheers.

>obsessed
I'm just having a conversation about powerlifting here. You know, what this general is supposed to be for? Obsession is how people are acting about trappy.

You're right, i would never compete raw because that's not powerlifting.

I've been in this game since the 90's, when you where a small child. I've arched the degeneration of this sport and not its at critical levels of all longer being a mans sport.