Routine Thread

Any suggestions for my routine, /fit? Especially an addition for workout A.

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Workout A
•Squats 5x5
•Barbell hip thrusts 3x8
•Deadlift 5x5
•Crunches (incline) 3x10

Workout B
•OHP 5x5
•Bench 5x5
•Squats 5x5
•Lat pulldowns 3x8
•Ab roller 3x10

With jogging on x days.

I'm 5'2", 140lb womanlet (I know, it's gross). I'm eating at a caloric deficit, but mainly want to have a nice ass and tight core when I've lost fat.

Probably too many squats. But of you're a grill looking for a nice ass it's probably fine.

5x5 deadlifts aren't really necessary, 1x5 should be enough since you're doing plenty of squats, hip thrusts and ab work.

solid routine, but keep DLs at 1x5, I'd also incorporate (weighted) planks instead of crunches.

btw knew u were a grill as soon as I saw hip trusts ;^)

Oops, it's supposed to say 2x5 for deadlifts.
Do you think I should stick with 2 sets of my max or put it down to 1?

I wrote the deadlifts wrong, I actually do 2x5.

How would you set yourself up for a weighted plank? Just place a plate on your back? And how do these benifit over crunches (I generally do these weighted, too)?

Yeah. I can't say I've seen any guys at the gym doing hip thrusts, desu...

2 is fine. As a woman you arent going to be overloading your CNS with heavy weights (no offense, natch).

There's nothing wrong with crunches. Go fuck yourself.

Fair enough.
I am lifting baby weights by /fit's definition.

Sure, as long as you keep your lower back flat during the crunch, which nobody does.

>Deadlift 5x5

thats too much. You cant handle big weights do i think 1x5 or 2x5 is much better.
Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/
Squat 3x6/8
Row: 3-4X6-8/
Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12/
Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12/
Triceps: 1-2X12-15/
Biceps: 1-2X12-15/

Everybody who posted you can't do more than 5 (FIVE) reps of deadlifts: kill yourself now.

A
Bench 3x5
OHP 3x8
Dips 3x8
Squat 3x5
Leg Raise 3xFail

B
Row 3x5
Pullup 3x8
Curl 3x8
Deadlift 3x5
Leg Raise 3xFail

Probably going to replace Leg Raise with a different ab workout, but crunches always feel like I'm moving my intestines around, so I avoid doing them.

Rate me, familians. Based on Grayskull LP:

A

Press* 2x5 + 1x5F
Chin Ups 2x5 + 1xF
Squats 2x5 + 1x5F
Lying Triceps Extensions (rip style) 2x10-12
Hammer Curls 2x10-12

B

Bench Press 2x5 + 1x5*
Chin Ups 2x5 + 1x5F
Deadlifts 1x5F
Overhead Triceps Extensions 2x10-12
Barbell Curls 2x10-12

Always doing AxBxA. Only changes happening are on exercises listed with * (one monday I'll do the press, the other monday it will be the bench press).

Doing light cardio (20 min fasted walks) on offdays.

Oh boy is it time for another retards string together a bunch of exercises and call it a routine general?

alright im gonna get a lot of hate for this but i made my own routine cuz i hate working my legs out,
its basically a push pull where i do squats on the pull day every other day and deadlifts on every other day.
Push1:
db incline bench - reverse pyramid
weighted dips - heavy 3x6-8
db shoulder press - 4x8-10
then ill do some machines and supersets that do with triceps, lat raises, and some kind of fly movement

Pull1:
squats: ramp up to working set of 4-6 heavy reps
weighted pull ups : 3x8
bent over rows: 3x6-8 and the last set i drop it to a plate and rep it out underhand grip
then a bunch of machines for back like lat pulldown, some kind of row etc. all 3-4x12-15
then
bb curl: 4x10 1 min between sets
some kind of bicep curl machine: same scheme
finish it all off with wrist roller thing for a few sets

push2: i start with ohp reverse pyramid and then decline bench for reps and then dips to failure

pull2: ramp up to a heavy set of deadlifts instead of squats and i lace in calves whenever i feel like it

What about planks?
Have you ever used an ab roller? They're a killer for abs.

They didn't. They said not to do 5 SETS.

And no one said you CAN'T. Just that you shouldn't or that it was unnecessary with her other exercises.

>What is reading comprehension?

Chest/tri:
Dips 5x5 to f
Decline DB press 5x8-12
Incline DB press 5x8-12
Cable crossovers 5x12
Machine press 5x12
Triceps extensions
Any tri accessory

Back/bi
Pullups 5xf
DL 6x8-10
Rows db/bb/any 5x10
pulldowns 5x10-12
cable rows 5x10
Shrugs 5x12
Biceps curls 5x12
Any other bicep acc

Legs shouldars
DB shoulder press 5x10
Lateral db single arm raise 5x15-20
Rear delt rows 5x15
Front delt cable raise 5x15
Machine press 5xf
Squats 6-7x10

Abs on any day once a week and cardio 2x

looks good but I guess the base program + frequency method for push-ups and chin-ups would yield gains quicker; keep curls + lte, tho

What would you rather? Everyone do SS?

You could do abs more than once a week, unless you have a string aversion to them. They recover faster than most other muscle groups.

Is there a point to doing a machine press with the incline and decline presses on the first day, if you also have it on the third one? Seems like a lot of chest presses.

Any good 4 day upper/lower splits that bench twice?