Going to Jujitsu class in 2 hours need help

Im very nervous and not in shape.
What am i to expect?

This is my first time doing martial arts never done it before.

I feel so tense now atm. I know absolutely nobody there. How to control the nerves?

PLease help an user out.

Drink some water take some deep breaths and calm down. It'll get better once you get there.

Thanks user. I just feel so tense. It's like going from 6th grade to middle school. I feel like im going to make myself look like a fool.

if it was easy, every mother fucker would do it.

Just sack up enough to get through the door.

You'll be with White belts and people that just started just like you. You will learn to relax. you will learn to be confident in yourself. You WILL get in better shape. Just keep going.

When the time comes to roll, you will look stupid and you will get your ass handed to you 100x over. But you will improve. Just dont get upset when you have to tap. Everyone taps. Its not always fun, but its always worth it.

It's class, you're supposed to show up not in shape and tense and having no idea what you're doing.
If you show up and you're amazing already you don't need to take a class.
They've seen hundreds of beginners. Swallow your pride and accept you're going to be ridiculous for a while, that's how you acquire new skills.

Thanks user, might sound stupid but what do you mean with tap? My english isn't that good.

Won't they make fun of me because i'll most likely suck at it in the beginning.

Also it's only 2 lessons a week of 1,5 hours a lesson. Is that enough?

I'm happy im not fat tough. Im 74kg and 1m73. Just never worked on my condition and a smoker for 5 years.

tell us how it went when you get back

Youre gonna warm up doing weird drills that youre not used to. Then you will learn some techniques and practice them on partners. After you will do specific training and/or you will grapple with someone.
Thats it.

Your first class just be respectful and introduce yourself to everyone else.
Bring water.
Do the warm up drills with everyone else even if you don't know what you're doing and you look like an idiot, you'll get it eventually.
When you're sparring just let your partner know that you're fresh off the street and he should go easy with you.
A good instructor will give you a little bit of extra attention during your first few classes.
Remember to breathe, there's going to be 100's of pounds of pressure being imposed on you and there's going to be nothing you can do about it other than relax and control your breathing.
You will have no fucking idea what you're doing for the first few months, don't give up.

I will surely im gonna take a shower now and wash myself. Then i'll respond before i go to the school.
Im gonna take with me a training pants and a nice t-shirt.

I called with the teacher and he said the only things i need to bring was an old t-shirt and a comfortable pants and a towel.

i specially bought them to be matching hahaha. First 3 lessons are free so i can always decide if i want to keep doing it.

The introducing part is what scares me the most. How do you walk in on 15+ people and say hi i am blablabla.

Also another question anons. They have a cafeteria and my wife wants to watch. Is this weird? To bring her with me?

No they wont make fun if you. Its a martial arts class not a high school cafeteria. They will most likely try to teach you and go easy on you.
Tapping means submitting to a choke or a joint lock.

No its not weird do it if you want no one cares.
Also even if youre awkward as shit(like i was the whole time i trained) no one cares.

>The introducing part is what scares me the most
It'll be fine. Just show up early and hang out with the people waiting to get into the gym or whatever. People who practice BJJ are usually incredibly laid back and easy to talk to. Just introduce yourself and tell them it's your first class. I had the same fears before I started, but it was just in my head.

Your wife watching isn't really that weird. Just get her to tell the instructor or whatever that shes thinking about taking a class and wants to see what it's all about.

Just go. Get there a little early and tell the instructor you've nver done this before so they know to keep an eye on you. If you have a question, ask the instructor quietly so you won't embarrass yourself. Try to keep up with the others the best you can.

You "TAP" when someone submits you. It signals to them to let go of you.

it will happen a lot bc there will be people there that are better or more experienced than you. It will hurt your Ego if you let it.

just except it as a part of the learning experience. No one will make fun of you bc at some point they were you and someone beat their ass all over the mat too.

2 lessons a week are fine for a beginner. most Beginners go Mon & Wed nights and rest up on Tuesday, but you will find a pace that works for you.

>so awkward he has to ask a mongolian penis comparison forum how to go to a martial arts class
>has a wife

What is the point of lifting? If even someone like OP can find someone who loves him then why don't I just accept wizard mode? Obviously there's something horribly wrong with me

Should I just kill myself bros? Nobody would care but my parents.

Back in highschool I used to occasionally throw up before driving to wrestling practice. It's not even a social anxiety thing. It was just the adrenaline from the anticipation/nervousness would upset my stomach. I always felt amazing after throwing up but that shit isn't good for you so I adjusted my food intake before practice and worked things out.

Get ready for boners because I know you haven't been touched in a while OP by any human being so this will arouse you

Hey OP I am going to take my 3rd Judo class tonight so I feel your pain. Just relax everyone there wants you to get better. If they made fun of people then their dojo wouldn't flourish and would fail. Just remember to breathe and you'll be too stronk before you know it!

I've only ever laughed at one person in bjj classes. I was young and he was a pretty fit older kid who watched a lot of mma and used to bully me at school but when he showed up and I got partnered with him I just realized how easily I could dominate him and I had to use my kid gloves all day. To be fair I didn't laugh out loud (seemed mean) but I never let that kid intimidate me after that. He also only lasted a couple of days on account of he realized he wasn't the baddest dude in the room and he'd have to put in some effort.

Okay guys thank you all, i have no time to respond anymore im preparing to go to gym.

Will post later how it went in +- 3 hours

This? also when somebody does submit you the last thing on their mind is that you're bad. Experienced guys will already know that they can make you tap in seconds if they want and will try and teach you things. Other newbies will just be super pumped that they made someone tap and will be totally focused on the fact that they've gotten better than they were last week.

pls respond

His lack of grappling cardio has probably put him into a deep slumber.

I think OP forgot to tap

Kek

Op here ask me anything :D

I've been interested in BJJ for a bit now. The only problem is that I'm fat. I'm verging on the 30 pound lost mark from lifting.

Should I wait until I'm less fat? 282->253 6'3. Not really scared but also don't know if I'm just too big at this point.

Nah just go pal. It will help you lose weight as well.
How did it go?

It's fine. 280lb purple here. Just don't be a shitcunt that tries to over muscle everything. Nobody is more hated than that faggot who thinks he has to donkey kong everybody.

Focus on technique when rolling with little guys. Don't just get to side control and sit there doing nothing.

what's the first class like? I've been considering it too

Well, at first it was kinda awkward. I went in and all these guys go to the room to change into their costumes. I already had all my gear on. Then i get a small chitchat with the sensei asking some basic stuff.

The warming up was the worst part. I felt like i was dying at some point. Luckily the Sensei said if you feel you can't go more then this rest and wait for the next one.

We did some techniques, some throws but it appears when i come home almost all of them already slipped out of my mind.

Generally the people where very nice, didn't do weird when i asked 4 times if they could show it again. (Im a slow learner).

The sensei and his assistent said im very quick learning and for the first time it looks pretty good.

There was 1 shit dude tough that let me fall hard and with hard i mean i almost felt i was going to pass out. There is a technique to break your fall but i suck at it. We only practiced that like 10 times. I came down hard but happy i had reflex to slap my hand against the dojo mat. And put my head on my chest. Still it was pretty damned hard.

I feel like the little bastard enjoyed it but ohh well. Guess that's part of it.

Overall it was a pretty good but awkward experience since i don't know anyone.

You almost talk to nobody. I only had a chitchat with 1 guy that perfectly looks like your average basement dweller but having black belt.

He was actually the most nice and tried to start a little conversation with me.

This Friday is my second lesson and im going for sure!

I went for a trial class a few weeks ago. It was a blast and everyone was really cool. I didn't sign up because it was waaayyy too expensive imo. 148/month after the student discount and 165 for the gi. And you had to get that particular gi because it was a Gracie Barra franchise. Decided to go with boxing instead. 80/month for training with a former Olympic boxer. I plan on going 3 days a week go down to a 3 day lifting routine.

My Wife was watching from across with the dog (yes the dog) she couldn't leave him home i felt so emberassed. But she said it was so boring she isn't coming with me next time. Lucky me.

It's also very confronting but funny a boy of 15 beats me with absolute ease and only having yellow belt.

Overall i could recommend to all wizards go out and try it.

I asked about the cost and its 150 euro's a year (mostly for the insurance) and like 70 euros for the costume and like 5 for the belt.

That's the only cost. There are also things like going to Japan on learning cursus but those are free to decide and not compulsory.

Just some small advice do not call the uniforms "costumes" it can be considered disrespectfull
Also dont worry about forhetting techniques. Over time it will be in your muscle memory and you will do them without thinking.

Thank you for your small advise haha.
Yes i tried to do them slow instead of doing them quick. I don't really care im at the speed of jackie chan. First i want a good technique then speed and power.

>haha

Fucking This...

Im 260, the next heaviest in my group is 220 and he's that cunt!!

I can pretty much throw anyone back at will, but thats not why you are fuck there. Its about the technique. I never try to gorilla smash someone smaller, its not helping either of us get better.

We have a 115lb Brown belt and she beats the balls off me almost at will.

A mate tried to get me into jujitsu but I can't stand the thought of having to touch or go near someone's disgusting bare feet.

That excludes me from most martial arts. Except Krav Maga, which I might try as it also looks fucking amazing.

>mfw got ringworm from last weeks jiu jitsu and can't roll this week and possibly next week

My number one fear for even trying it. How the fug do treat THE ringworm?

don't worry. you went. it's the first step.