You working the cuff, Veeky Forums?

You working the cuff, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1hIHwLsiq8
purplemath.com/modules/proving.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck does that mean?

Yea, but correctly unlike the guy in this picture.

Its an exercise where your arm rotates from the shoulder. It builds a weird muscle that helps the arm to be in place in the shoulder ball-joint.

youtube.com/watch?v=U1hIHwLsiq8

hmm, sometimes. do make sure to warm up shoulders at least

You'll never make it

It's incredibly important in a healthy shoulder. If you neglect rotater cuff strength, shoulder injuries are likely to come.

>Confirmed for never making it

Who are you quoting

Sure, imma listen to the disformed jew.

I actually do rear delt flys, but with wrists pointing as far out as I can.

I do this with a 10lb plate for a minute or so before I start a push day

is this a meme

I can comfirm, fighting an injury right now. Rehab could take months.

Take care of all your joints

Of course, heavy benching with weak cuffs is a one way ticket to snap city

It's not a meme but 10lbs is probably too light to have much effect, according to Charles Poliquin your dumbbell rotor cuff curl weight should be approximately 10% of your barbell bench press weight

thought bands were better for rotator warmups anyway

I have too, since i had a previous injury.

>doing skullcrushers
>think i can do one more rep
>while i try to lift mind goes blank for a second
>bar is gonna fall on my face
>kinda of push it away
>left arm still holding
>bar goes to the ground while im still holding
>shoulder does three cracks
>have to go to the doctor the same day cause i was unable to move my arm

>doing 50lb dumbbell rotorcuff curls

>500lb bench press

So, 10 lbs is perfect for me :^)

>not reaching 500 lb bench press in the second year roiding

dyel? lmao lmao lmao lmao

Rotator cuff exercises are for correcting a specific instance of a confirmed imbalance or weakness. In the absence of this, simply training properly will progressively strengthen the rotator cuff effectively. If you just throw this stuff in arbitrarily you're likely to overwork your shoulders and cause issues.

With bands or a cable machine. This is the retard way to do it.

I've had a shoulder injury before and this is part of the rehab.

I already do facepulls

No, it's not a meme. Let me pontificate:

>get in snowboarding accident
>both shoulders dislocated
>emergencyroom.jpeg
>both get placed back in over course of hours
>worse than any bone break I've ever had
>mom says I never cried
>thanks mom
>due to lifting, tendons remained intact; literally a second chance at being able to lift anything over my head ever again
>recovery takes fucking months
>literally doing 2.5 lbs resistance on cuff rotation to start
>take 3 years to do self imposed physical therapy (smart enough to read up on proper time and resistance)
>religiously aware of shoulder placement and any sign at all of displacement
>now OHP (in the squat rack) 155 3x8

Please guys, just listen to a guy who wrecked his shit. Take care of your shoulders and dedicate at least a few exercises a week to specifically target your cuff stability. It was only because of that, that I can even lift anymore. If you fall on a slippery floor, it can happen if you hit the wrong angle; that's all it takes. A puddle on a tile floor could stop you from ever being mildly in shape. Do your goddamn shoulder isolations.

God this picture triggers me so hard. The dumbell stays the same height from the floor meaning the only work being done is stoping momentum. Which is not much at all. The proper way to do this is with cables or keep your elbows in line with your shoulders and move your hand up. Pic related.

OK so 15.5 lbs dumbbells then.

The guy in OP is going to weaken his elbow joint and give himself tennis elbow if he keeps doing that.

I just started lifting. What kinds of exercises should I do to prevent any joint injuries?

No, I've literally never done any form of mobility work, stretching, foam-rolling or any other shit like that and I'm perfectly fine.

> missing the point entirely

Yep I do 3 exercises and 2 stretches at the end of every gym session
>shoulder rehab is a bitch

good compounds with good form
if you can't you know to do mobility stuff

t. will be injured in next 2 years

If you watch the video it's from, he explains this method does nothing.

lmao thats what my friend used to say before he ripped both of his cuffs

now he has healed and spends like 30min warming up his shoulders pre workout

rip your shoulder

Fuck right off rotator cuff exercise is mandatory pre-shoulder workout ive had 7 shoulder dislocations and ever since ai started rotator cuff warm ups ive been okay dont listen to this shit head he doesnt even lift

t. I have never taken physics before

Most of the work done lifting comes from change in potential energy. Potential energy is calculated by mass X gravity coefficient X height. If the height stays constant there is no change in potential energy. Did you just start your physics class yesterday?

Enjoy being in your teenage years. Snap city train tickets are only available to 21+

if you want good joints you'd better stop lifting

akshually lifting helps joints. Strong tendons and muscles are beneficial to joints unless you roid or approach elite level lits

I tried really hard to find a source to explain why what you said was imprecise, but all I'm finding are shitty physicsforums and Reddit threads. First off, you're not wrong in saying that without fighting against the acceleration due to the earth's gravity, the exercise is easier when compared to the same exercise using the same mass with the earth's gravity. All I'm arguing is that the exercise pic in the op would still generate force (accelerating a mass).

All that jazz about potential energy is also pretty funny.

>weird muscle
>supraspinatus

learn your shit so you don't sound like a retard. pls

Every time before benching and OHPing

This guy is my people. 34 btw. Keep stretching faggots! And don't you dare forget to foam roll!
Faggots.

You think the equation for potential energy is weird? And I agree that there is some work being done in ops pic, look at my original post. I'm really trying to understand what you're trying to argue here. Are you saying that the excersize in ops pic is harder than the excersize in mine? Because if so that is completely untrue.

>Most of the work done lifting comes from change in potential energy. Potential energy is calculated by mass X gravity coefficient X height. If the height stays constant there is no change in potential energy. Did you just start your physics class yesterday?

oh right, i got it... like if a crane swings to the left or right it requires zero energy to move the 12 tonne concrete slab hanging from the top of the crane.

>Most of the work
>Most

Reading comprehension. Yes moving a 12 tone slab side to side requires work but far less then moving it up. Imagine a bag of bricks hanging on a rope. If you push the side of the bag it will start to swing, but if you grab the rope and try to pull the bag straight up it won't move. Is this really that hard to understand?

Facepulls every pull day 3-4x12-20 and correct form on bench/press alongside equivalent sets of pulling per push have rectified all my shoulder pain

POWER shrugs as taught by bill star did more good to my rotator cuff than any row, face pull or band pull apart.

I mean he's literally half right.
>potential energy
>not gravitational potential energy
lmao kill yourself my man

>potential energy
>not gravitational potential energy
lmao kill yourself my man

Utterly btfo how can I recover

I fucked up my shoulder yesterday. It still fucking hurts. Guess I gotta skip 3 weeks. FUCK a whole month of gains gone. It was my first OHP set of 120 3x10. The 8th rep it just started hurting like WHY. The only thing I can think of is that I vacuumed for like 40 minutes the day before so maybe my shoulder was tired

Is Aaron natty?
Redpill me on him, i'm a huge fanboy so i can't be objective about this

you can't kiddo, nothing personal

Or you weren't pressing right.

no lol

Oh cool, this is how I already do my rotator cuff exercises. Helped a ton from a skiing injury, but not as bad as

Lmao, I probably have the strictest form in OHP. I can do handstand pushups without the wall easy. I used to tumble 2 years ago, but that's year ago.

>I used to tumble 2 years ago
>That was year ago
I can't trust u bro, shaky on the details

how've you been, Eric? it's been awhile.

Dude if you don't even get what I'm arguing then idk. Not to sound condescending but reviewing old textbooks can be a good way to cement the current topics you might be currently learning. I regularly read through my old trigonometry textbook from high school just because it's useful and I like the content.

Sorry I only rented my book on decoding the incoherent babble of homosexuals. No chance of reviewing it. If you want me to review my books from physics one through three I can. Also saying you read a high school level math book for fun doesn't make you sound smart.

Bro you're the autist here not him. He already addressed the fact that you still use energy because your doing work. Also if you needed to read a trig txtbook ur lying or retarded. Why would you need to, the basics are unforgettable and the """"complex"""" stuff prob won't be needed unless it's required in ur work, then you won't forget it. Kys my man

Also the guy is perfectly correct about the GPH so stop talking please.

>Rotator cuff exercises are for correcting a specific instance of a confirmed imbalance or weakness
>ive had 7 shoulder dislocations
I can only hope you suffer many more with how stupid you are.

jesus christ why the fuck do you have opinions on things you don't even know shit about?

nothing I said in that comment was opinion

>Most work done lifting
>lifting
Why do you comment on things you don't even know shit about?

Trig is fun. Using the cos, sin identities to solve problems is fun.Have you ever studied trig?
What is GPH

You """""""study"""""" trig in highschool so ya I have, shit's super basic. Also math isn't fun unless its hard for you and you're challenging urself/learning new things. Doing problems for stuff that you already know or reviewing easier stuff that you've forgotten is a chore and considering the fact that you've just said otherwise proves that you're some dude who wants to be "im le intellectual".Please kys at 9.81m/s^2.
GPH was a typo, meant GPE which is gravitation potential energy.

Um lmao? Google trig identity proof problems. They are fun little puzzles to pass the time. I say this unironically, I want you to enjoy this gift like I do.

>trig identity proofs
Again highschool, was your high school that bad? In most cases you learn the derivation of certain things when you learn them and practice proofs as you finish learning it. Send one.

Fun puzzles are for fun m8.
purplemath.com/modules/proving.htm

>purplemath
Ya literally everything on this website is done in highschool, thanks for proving my point. Well at least in Canadian academic courses. Matrices, everything trig, everything equation related, log, inequalities, literally all of those are highschool level. If you had a good hs teacher or you took a certain course you definitely learnt derivation and maybe learn some super basic integration.

I have literally never done any shoulder exercise other than ohp, and my front delt is notably bigger than my rear delt. What should I do to correct this?
There's no pain yet but I realize I'm being retarded

Face pulls, use dumbells to correct the imbalance and do shoulder press

I do the shit in this picture and it helped me a fuck ton

Lmao as if high school math somehow takes away from the fact that this is just fun brain gym time. This whole thread has been high school, buddy. The physics in this thread is high school physics. The exercise in the op I DID IN HIGH SCHOOL. You are just salty because you don't like being reminded about high school, it was a bad time for you, so you try to make fun of others as a way of making yourself feel better. Jokes on you lad, we're in the same boat and I'm making fun of (you) too.

if you lift too hard but do not work this muscle, your shoulders will eventually not be able to hold your arms and your arms will fall off while you sleep

Holy shit is american education so shit that you can't follow a simple argument? Here I'll break this entire argument down for you point by point so you can read it all in one concise location. Pretty sure ur gonna say tl;dr because ur reading lvl is the same as ur math's:
1. Guy says a correct statement about potential energy change being the best way to maximze the amount of work done on a weight. Key word in that to highlight the fact that he obviously doesn't mean all lifting is only up and down was "Most".
2. You sperg out and say what he said was "imprecise" despite the fact that he just stated a fundamental formula. Then you say the exercise in op's pic "still generates force" when you meant required force to move. Which is so fucking obvious that nobody needed to mention it. You literally thought he didn't know that for something to move you need to move it, and you couldn't even find proof for that when you could have just said Newton's 1st and 2nd. Then you say e=mgh is weird.
3. He tells you he knows work is done in op's pic and he said it in the previous post. He then says he doesn't get what ur argument is because its so retarded and he gave you the benefit of the doubt.
4. Then you say you read a trig txtbook "because it's useful and I like the content." despite the fact that its literally highschool math that is stupid easy.
5. He calls you on you being retarded trying brag about reading retard lvl math
>I come in here
6. I also say ur retarded and are most either just saying random shit to seem smart or are actually retarded as well
7. You say a phrase that I actually had to tell others was said: Have you studied trig? you also say trig is fun.
8. I say yes I have because I went to highschool and Math isn't fun unless its hard for you and you're challenging urself/learning new things. Doing problems for stuff that you already know or reviewing easier stuff that you've forgotten is a chore.
1/2

9.You respond by mentioning tri identity proofs (one of the """"""""harder"""""" problem sets in trig). Likely implying that it isn't super basic due to saying "umm lmao" along with the rest.
10. I tell you to send it because it's still highschool level shit
11. You send highschool level shit
12. Confirmed the entire website is highschool level shit.
The whole point of the highschool lvl shit was because of my initial comment
>Math isn't fun unless its hard for you and you're challenging urself/learning new things. Doing problems for stuff that you already know or reviewing easier stuff that you've forgotten is a chore.
13. You get triggered I call ur basic shit basic and completely forget the reason I was calling ur basic shit basic.
Nobody was talking about doing basic energy equations for fun you brain dead fucking retard. If you get confused again please feel free to refer to this unbaised collection. kill yourself my man.
2/2 Blogpost over

Clearly I lift more than you considering my shoulders aren't so frail that they dislocated seven times you fucking twink.

Holy autism

>"hey lets pre-exhaust the muscles that stabilize our shoulders before heavy lifting...that'll keep them injury free for sure"

Fucking retards, all of you. Just fucking lift correctly and improve shoulder mobility and you won't have to unfuck your shoulders in the first place.

It's Tyler ;^)

The only thing I learned from this post is to not snowboard