PED's aside...

PED's aside, how many of you would care about linear progression or pushing a new PR if you could get an objectively more aesthetically pleasing body by simply lifting a comfy weight and rep range on a routine basis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GhzoGK1m4-8
youtube.com/watch?v=F6l-TCaGneQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6m54mmhhbpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i like making PRs because each time i go to the gym i do something ive never done before. plus theres the anxiety of whether or not youll be able to move the weight, with the reward that you were actually able to do it. getting aesthetic is just a nice side effect of all that

The only people who should care about how big their lift is are competitive lifters. The rest of you have gender issues, insecurities and are meme victims.

urgh...I've been lifting for 4+ years now

I've tried the whole lifting in a comfy rep range with a comfy weight, it doesn't do shit, nothing about my body changes when i do that. I've done the whole comfy 30-40min session of just hitting one body-part, and sure it's fun and easy, but my god it's fucking pointless, I've never got any results doing that.

My body only responds when I lift heavier, it doesn't actually care what rep range I do or what frequency I use. So long as I am getting stronger make body makes physical adaptations.

>So long as I am getting stronger make body makes physical adaptations
Are you sure? Keep in mind, there are scrawny looking little girls who can probably outlift some of you..

youtube.com/watch?v=GhzoGK1m4-8

> tfw fell for the heavy lifting builds aesthetic muscle meme

youtube.com/watch?v=F6l-TCaGneQ

what's your goal body look like?

youtube.com/watch?v=6m54mmhhbpc

if a twig can deadlift 3+ plate think how much you actually need to lift to look strong

Then you suck dick at working out or you're making this shit up.

These people are the genetic elite that are predisposed to being able to lift heavy weights despite not having a lot of muscle mass.

This is not the fucking standard.

For 99.9% of you, getting stronger is the only way to get bigger.

>getting stronger is the only way to get bigger.
no, eating a lot is. most of you will look like shit no matter how much weight you lift. and then you'll get injured and lose all your gains and kill yourself.

Fuck off idiot. My anecdotal evidence of only getting bigger muscles when I get stronger matches up with the conclusions in peer reviewed studies looking at muscle gain in natural athletes.

Where's your fucking sources? Some fake natty Youtuber or bodybuilding magazine? fucking idiot.

Good thing I'm a competitive lifter then
>mfw I lift at local meets, place occasionally, and have fun
>mfw even the best guys have day jobs
>mfw this post reifies a really stupid distinction
>mfw this entire thread is stupid and the universe doesn't care about anything you do
>mfw sage

whatever you say, thunder thighs

Ah, so you're making shit up/PRETENDING to have worked out long enough to be able to make that call with some small bit of authority.
Gotcha.

this guy can outlift anybody on this board yet he looks like a NEET. why is that?

why is it so common for heavy lifters to look like shit ?

OH I see how it is here, you're one of this

This is after 3 months lifting and eating 5000+ calories a day.

If you want to actually look like you lift, without taking tons of drugs, you better lifting heavy, bitch.

>This is after 3 months lifting and eating 5000+ calories a day.
ahahaha god damn ya'll niggas retarded

> if you spend six figures on world class year round training, you can look like a manlet

i heard he exclusively did SS

I was talking about That is a pic taken of a guy having lifted for 3 months on a full body routine eating 5000 calories a day.

3 months is 12 weeks btw. What did you expect to happen in 12 weeks of lifting? You'll look like shit on 5k calories a day no matter what routine you do.

This thread reeks of DYEL newfags. Why am I even bothering with you cunts, you will all quit lifting within a few months anyway because none of you will ever run a proper lifting program and will forever spin your wheels on bro-splits.

no it's not

look at rip himself the guy deadlifts 500lbs and looks like shit

>Implying the cost is that low

Chinese olympic lifters are prototypes from their super soldier program. They sink billions into it every year.

He's also like 70 and on a shit ton of gear and maybe some hgh.

Lifting heavy shit like a power lifter and eating a shitload as a natural will get you some muscle it will also get you fat as fatass.
And you won't just magically cut and lose nothing but fat and become shreded with all body parts being in proportion.

That's bullshit.

I gave up the strength meme like a year and a half ago. Sure I'll still oush heavy weight when I feel like it but there's no point for me. I'd rather do high volume training

A full body routine has more volume than a body-part split.

>greatly increase chance of injury by performing lifts which require 100 little things to all be perfect while you're dying of fatigue from full body routine thus further increasing the odds of a mistake and injury

>forced to spend your entire paycheck on chicken and milk so you can become obese enough to maintain your linear progress

>all of this so you can look like shit, not even competing for anything just so you can tell others that you lift xxx amount

post a pic of yourself

i'm 6'2" 200lbs and happy. that's all you need to know

And if I can have both why not since you're in the gym anyway. You can also become stronk.

99% in my gym do a bro split, 99% in my gym look like DYEL

The top 5 people in my gym (includes me) are the only ones doing a proper high frequency routine, we're also BY FAR the strongest 5 people in the gym....hmmmmmmm so the 5 strongest guys in my gym are also the most aesthetic/muscular?, what a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

*there are 6 people in my gym, my sister on the bro split

Why are you shilling for brosplits so hard?

They're trash unless you're on steroids, then again you'll grow regardless of what you do on gear.

the post you're responding to does not project bro splits in a favorable way.